Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claude Tex McIver shot and killed his wife, Diana, and blamed Black Lives Matter protestors for frightening him

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    If they have good evidence that he "illegally tried to influence witnesses in the case," then he's obvs ARROGANT enough to fuck up his own defense that it was an "accidental" shooting. Although his story was shady af, a well-funded defense very well could've gotten him acquitted. Also arrogant- violating his bond by keeping a gun in his sock drawer. What a prick.
    Claud is the king of pricks.

It's been reported that Diana had a 2nd will made. If it came to light, it will support a strong motive on why she was murdered. That's what the state was looking for when they found the gun.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-new...3VCCMeBSs6apN/
    But I guess Claude is trying to say Diana's business partner tried to plant in on him.

They're trying to have him removed as executor of her estate.
    http://www.myajc.com/news/whose-gloc...9ESvvtHyW67PL/

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Claud is the king of pricks.

It's been reported that Diana had a 2nd will made. If it came to light, it will support a strong motive on why she was murdered. That's what the state was looking for when they found the gun.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-new...3VCCMeBSs6apN/
    But I guess Claude is trying to say Diana's business partner tried to plant in on him.

They're trying to have him removed as executor of her estate.
    http://www.myajc.com/news/whose-gloc...9ESvvtHyW67PL/
    This guy is a huge fucker! Not only did he murder his wife (and was probably banging the friend), and then try to get her money, but to blame it on BLM protesters on top of that. Sad thing is, most of us called this for what it is as soon as it happened. He is some big shot, and thinks he is super smart, and we all saw right through him immediately. The really sad thing is though, that if his wife hadn't been some other big shot type of person, he might have gotten away with it. I am sure her influential friends/family put a lot of pressure on LE in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

I just went back to read thru this thread again. This plot is thickening.

Sooo Diane and her BFF of 40 years/driver Dani Jo recently reconciled after having had a "falling out" and not speaking for "several years." And "Diane left money to several friends in her will and [Dani Jo] Carter was not one of them." AND it's believed that Diane had a second will made.

-IF she did make a new will, I wonder if she left Dani Jo any money in it?
    -Why didn't she leave any money to Dani Jo in the FIRST will?

Do we have any info that Dani Jo may have been banging "Tex?" If so, then it looks really bad for Tex. Not too good for the BFF/driver either.

Tex & his lawyers are saying there was no second will, but I wonder what Dani Jo knows about it? Because if the alleged second will left her a nice chunk of change, you'd think Dani Jo would want it found ASAP.
    UNLESS (dun dun dun) she & Tex really were having an affair, and she wants to protect him.

DO I HAVE THIS RIGHT- an investigator with the DA's office found the gun in his sock drawer during an initial search of his condo but didn't seize it because it wasn't listed on the search warrant; they got a new search warrant, but when they went back to get the gun, it was missing -AND- after the first search, HIS LAWYER (Steven Maples) asked HER ESTATE MANAGER (Tammy Johnson) to "remove the gun," AND SHE DID?????

THIS, from the myjac link berm posted:
    "I ve touched that gun twice, last Friday and Sunday," Johnson testified.
    On Monday, she hired an attorney.

Oh I bet you did, Tammy, I bet you did.

Also- his brother who purchased the gun found in his sock drawer is called Spike?
    Really?
    So it's CLAUD "TEX" MCIVER & JOHN "SPIKE" MCIVER?!

Omg. The names in this alone are fucking hilarious. (Story angers me but i'm ignoring for this second)

Could they be more 'Murica styles stereotypical? Tex, and Dani Jo (anyone-Jo, LOL), bangin' on the down low, god loves them, and they lurrrrrve their guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Omg. The names in this alone are fucking hilarious. (Story angers me but i'm ignoring for this second)

Could they be more 'Murica styles stereotypical? Tex, and Dani Jo (anyone-Jo, LOL), bangin' on the down low, god loves them, and they lurrrrrve their guns.
    LMAO
    <--This one's fer TEX
    Oh, and this one too-->

Quote Originally Posted by FrankImape View Post
    Law Firm Brooklyn New York
    Divorce Lawyer in Brooklyn
    Affordable Protect your rights & your family!
    THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO ADVERTISE

It's good to be Tex. He got some special treatment and was moved to the country club of jails. The regular jail was just too rough on him. He got a rash.

An employee was also caught letting him use an unsecured line.

The Fulton County District Attorney's Office filed an emergency motion to "terminate special privileges" and return McIver to the jail on Rice Street, contending the move appears to be the result of him receiving preferential treatment.
    http://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/t...SiWIBjObbJ62O/

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    If you date someone named "Tex" you can't be surprised if you get shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    One of my clients is named "Tex". I guess I'm lucky that he doesn't have opposable thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

And if you marry them, most likely you've dying from a bullet wound. Either from Tex himself, or the guy he was in a duel with.

To be fair, his first name is Claude. I totally get why he wants to be called Tex.

Btw- my dads name was Claude. His twin sister was Claudette. Lol

http://www.ajc.com/news/local-educat...38SeMyx8YbmVI/

Claud “Tex” McIver has asked a judge to let him leave jail to visit his dying mother.

McIver is in jail, but wants to be allowed to visit his 98-year-old mother in Texas. She is in hospice and dying.

His legal team is also asking the judge to suppress evidence that the team believes was illegally gathered.

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--law...AV0bBwbkbxbIP/

The exclusive Buckhead condo of Claud “Tex” and Diane McIver is on the market, but it is unclear whether the attorney accused of killing his wife will see a penny from the sale.

Under Georgia law, a person convicted of murdering another person cannot profit from their will. That law, called the slayer statute, could prevent the 74-year-old from profiting from the condo sale. McIver is charged with malice and felony murder, and his trial is set for Oct. 30.

“If you murder somebody, you cannot inherit from that person,” said Atlanta family law attorney Randy Kessler, who is not involved in the case.
    The high profile trial is expected to begin in October.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-25-2017 at 12:55 PM.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/seco...TgQME3And12RI/

Second powerhouse lawyer joins defense in Tex McIver murder case

Claud “Tex” McIver, who lost most of his legal team earlier this month, now has two of Atlanta’s premier criminal defense attorneys in his corner. Trial lawyer Don Samuel said he has agreed to join Bruce Harvey on McIver’s defense team.

In an interview, Samuel ridiculed the prosecution’s murder case against his new client as “nothing more than a prosecutor’s theory in search of facts that don’t exist.”

Samuel and Harvey have already been involved together in some of the most sensational trials in Atlanta history, including the Ray Lewis murder trial and the Gold Club racketeering case.
    http://www.myajc.com/news/local/test...QFET8dWl9jCzO/

The judge overseeing Claude “Tex” McIver’s murder case has decided prosecutors can introduce evidence about a 1990 shooting incident when McIver allegedly opened fire on a carload of three young men and then lied to the police about it.

That incident shows he “is not a passive user of firearms; they do not simply rest in his hands and fire themselves randomly,” Fulton County Judge Robert McBurney said.
    They should now be able to tell jurors about the February 1990 shooting incident in DeKalb County, in which McIver fired three shots, either into the ground or into the trunk of a Mustang with men inside. McIver has said he confronted the men because they were drinking beer and being rowdy in his cul-de-sac. No one was injured.

McIver was charged with three counts of aggravated assault, which were later dismissed.

When interviewed at that time by police, McBurney’s order said, McIver gave differing accounts: he said he didn’t have a gun; he said he did have a gun but didn’t fire it; and he said he felt threatened by the three men. Shortly after McIver killed his wife, his former lawyer, Stephen Maples, told the news media that McIver did indeed fire the gun back in 1990, twice into the ground and once at the trunk of the Mustang, McBurney noted.

The DeKalb case shows that McIver “understands, from direct personal experience, the consequences of grabbing a gun, pointing it at someone he knows, placing his finger on the trigger and pulling it,” McBurney said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/jury...rial/711129486

Judge rules on several key pieces of evidence in Tex McIver murder trial

Jury selection is underway in the murder trial of Tex McIver, the Buckhead attorney accused of killing his wife Diane as they rode in an SUV in 2016.
    Before selection began Monday, Judge Robert McBurney ruled on several key pieces of evidence.

*Jurors will hear that McIver didn’t call 911, but won’t be allowed to hear a prosecution theory that having their friend drive them to Emory Hospital instead of Grady Hospital lessened Ms. McIver’s chances of survival.

*Jurors will hear possible evidence that Ms. McIver had a “second will,” even though prosecutors admit they can’t physically produce it.

*Jurors will hear evidence that Tex McIver said he had the gun out in the SUV because he was fearful of “Black Lives Matter” protesters in the area. Judge McBurney cautioned the state not to make this a racially motivated case, however.

“From a defense perspective I think that’s going to be troubling. I think it’s going to put the jurors back up a little bit and wonder why, in a city like Atlanta where we’ve never had any Black Lives Matter violence, why that would make someone want to take a firearm out of their car,” said Jamila Hall, a former federal prosecutor who now works in private practice.

That sucks that they won't be able to hear how he took a tour rather than bringing her to the nearest hospital
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...eY3wQaqE1nxdK/

Jury seated for Tex McIver murder trial; opening statements begin Tuesday

There’s an accountant, a CFO and a retired sales representative who keeps a loaded handgun in his vehicle’s glove box, or center console, when he travels. Just like Claud “Tex” McIver, accused of intentionally shooting his wife Diane, once did.

Half of the 12-person jury, selected Monday afternoon following nearly six grueling days of questioning, reside in north Fulton County, as McIver still does. Nine are white; six are men.

But the jury also includes two educators who have never shot a gun, a former Lyft driver and nursing assistant and a politically active woman who once attended a Black Lives Matter protest. According to McIver’s former spokesman, the defendant pulled out his gun because he was unnerved, in part, by a BLM rally in the Edgewood district. Minutes later, that gun would fire a single bullet into Diane McIver’s back.

Demographic differences aside, the 12 jurors and four alternates were selected because they had one thing in common: They’ve yet to form fixed opinions on McIver’s guilt or innocence. Some said they knew nothing of the case; others, very little. That’s all about to change, with opening statements scheduled first thing Tuesday morning.
    Hmmm, I can't help but wonder if this might be a hung jury due to the current political climate, where this happened, and the make-up of the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...eY3wQaqE1nxdK/

Jury seated for Tex McIver murder trial; opening statements begin Tuesday

Hmmm, I can't help but wonder if this might be a hung jury due to the current political climate, where this happened, and the make-up of the jury.
    Same.

And why would they not dismiss a Woman who has protested for BLM when this case includes him carrying the gun because he was supposedly afraid of BLM protestors? Seems like they're intentionally setting this up for failure.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Same.

And why would they not dismiss a Woman who has protested for BLM when this case includes him carrying the gun because he was supposedly afraid of BLM protestors? Seems like they're intentionally setting this up for failure.
    This is a defense now. BLM was in the fucking vicinity, so that's a legit reason to be locked & loaded? But being wary of police officers is a bad thing, right?

Up is left, down is right, and everything is nothing. Welcome to Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

They are doing live updates at this link:
    https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...I4NGNbQR3DbkL/

So a change on the jury already. If he is convicted, he will appeal on this, I guarantee it!
    Already, we have some developments. One of the jurors ? a 42-year-old white male from Sandy Springs ? has been excused due to a family emergency. He'll be replaced by a research microbiologist from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She is a black woman. That means the jury is now composed of seven women and five men; eight whites and four blacks.
    some recaps of what happened so far today:
    9:45 a.m. Fulton County Chief Senior Assistant District Attorney Seleta Griffin has started the prosecution?s opening statement. She is outlining the McIvers? seemingly ?storybook life? of wealth and privilege. ?But things aren?t always as they seem,? Griffin said. When the shooting took place, she said, Tex McIver?s life was ?spinning out of control? and he was depending on his wife financially. At the mention of Austin Schwall, the McIvers? godson, Tex McIver becomes visibly emotional and wipes tears from his eyes.
    10:12 a.m. The prosecution says that as Diane McIver?s condition deteriorated at Emory University Hospital one her doctors prepared to intubate her, meaning Diane would no longer be able to talk. Before she did so, the doctor asked if she wanted to see her husband. ?No,? Diane McIver replied.

10:04 a.m. The prosecutor teases to what Dani Jo Carter will say when she testifies. Carter was Diane McIver?s close friend and was driving the couple the night of the shooting. Carter will say that as she was rushing the wounded Diane McIver to the hospital Tex McIver urged her to ?slow down.? The prosecutor also said that once they arrived at Emory University Hospital on Clifton Road, Tex McIver gave medical officials six different versions of what went on in the SUV that night.
    10:54 a.m. The defense claims that Tex McIver suffered from a from a sleep disorder, known as REM Behavior Disorder. It can apparently cause people to jerk in their sleep. They may also act confused, drunk or even violent upon waking. This is important because in the version of events Tex McIver provided to police he said he had fallen asleep in the back of the SUV the night of the shooting and pulled the trigger when he was startled awake.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...plan/719971647

In concluding his discussion about Tex McIver’s video-taped interview, investigator Brett Zimbrick said that McIver made no mention of a bump in the road, Black Lives Matter protestors, amnesia, a sleep disorder and never said that the gun slipped.
    Before the jury came back in, the judge told lawyers that he will allow testimony from Rachel Styles, Diane McIver’s longtime friend and bookkeeper. McIver apparently asked Styles to copy documents, which she identified as her new will. Proving Diane McIver had another will is a critical part of the prosecution’s case, which rests on the idea that Tex McIver killed his wife intentionally because of money issues.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...rial/720557912

Last day of court. ^^^ Lots of stuff about the money

Court won't be back until Apr 9

Looks like they were back in court today.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...17nfJAJ70zAvJ/

The jury is back and court is again in session.

We are hearing more about the McIvers’ finances from Angie Brooks, executive vice president at U.S. Enterprise. She worked with Diane McIver for 36 years and says she made frequent loans to friends and co-workers.

Brooks said she was aware that Tex McIver was among those who owed Diane money She said that frequently when Tex would visit his wife at the office Diane would ask a question.

“Do you have a check?” Diane would ask.

“Oh, darlin,” Tex would reply, according to Brooks.

Defense attorney Amanda Clark Palmer is asking the in-house counsel for U.S. Enterprises, Kenneth Rickert, how the McIvers normally divided up living expenses. He said his understanding was that Diane McIver covered condo expenses and Tex McIver covered ranch expenses. Before they were married, Tex was the sole owner of the ranch, but he changed the deed so that they jointly own it. If one were to die before the other, the surviving spouse would become the sole owner.

Letting jurors question witnesses is almost unheard of in Georgia. But Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney takes questions for every witness. It slows down the trial, so why does McBurney encourage it? Read more here.
    03/26/2018 — Atlanta, GA - Fulton County Chief Judge Robert McBurney shows off his own jury summons to the jury before the start of the tenth day of trial for Tex McIver at the Fulton County Courthouse, Monday, March 26, 2018. ALYSSA POINTER/ALYSSA.POINTER@AJC.COM The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

10:43 a.m.

Immediately after Diane McIver’s death, Rickert joined other friends who came to the McIver’s condo to pay his respects. He had a conversation with Tex McIver in which McIver asked Rickert if he could collect Diane’s Social Security benefit. Rickert said he didn’t know the answer. Tex told him that his work at the law firm had been cut back and he was only bringing in about $10,000 a month. Tex also told Rickert that the Putnam County ranch cost $20,000 to $25,000 a month to maintain and that they were going to restructure things by the end of the year.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...y-14/724196376

Next week is the week they are taking off-they will be back April 9th after Spring Break. So ready to see how this one goes.

After 14 days of testimony over 3 weeks, the prosecution is nearing the end of its witness list, but the defense has yet to begin presenting its side.

In answer to a juror, Judge McBurney said their case should be much shorter than the state’s portion of the trial - days, not weeks.

“There’s no burden on the defense, they don’t have to show you anything at all, but they’re entitled to.”

The judge is not willing to say that the trial would conclude the week of April 9.
    I like these states that allow jury questions during the trial.

Detective in Tex McIver murder trial — ‘Accidents happen'

The judge relays juror questions for Detective Smith. He has worked in the Atlanta Police Department since 2012 and said at any given time he may be working 5 to 6 homicide cases at once.

He is asked why did he tell Dani Jo Carter that this situation sounded like an accident before he had finished the investigation?

“Her good friend had died,” Smith said “I didn’t want to scare her into thinking that we were looking at (Tex) as a cold blooded murderer. That can change the tone of the interview in a hurry, I’ve seen it happen.”

2:23 p.m.

Rucker drills down on Smith’s failure to interview nurses at Emory University Hospital who could offer insight into the case, as well as anyone who might’ve seen the McIvers in the days before the shooting.

Under more pressure from Rucker, Smith says he never walked inside the emergency room the night of the shooting to talk to Tex McIver. He said he was told the defendant had left and that he should’ve gone inside.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...y-16/730107039

Prosecution rests its case in Tex McIver murder trial

Thread Information