Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Charles Carver (32) was shot by a suspected serial killer - his girlfriend Kala Brown (30) was abducted and found alive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ten-years.html

A woman who had a ten-year affair with a serial killer is finally speaking out about how she had no idea who he was.
    Holly Eudy dated Todd Kohlhepp, the real estate broker from Sparatanburg, S.C., who was arrested last November when a kidnapped woman was found on his property, for 10 years.
    'I knew there was something about him, but I couldn't put my finger on it,' Holly Eudy exclusively said Inside Edition.
    Kala Brownwas found chained by the neck inside a storage container on his property.
    Brown told police Kohlhepp killed her boyfriend, Charlie Carver, months back and there were additional bodies buried on the 95-acre property.
    The couple had been missing for two months, and her cellphone indicated she might have been in the area when she vanished.
    Kohlhepp pleaded guilty to the murder of seven people over a 13-year period. He was sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole.
    Eudy remembers a man who was rather attentive but believes she may have been the next target.
    'He gave me a lot of attention, made me feel like I was important,' she told Inside Edition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4tBIcAehR

https://twitter.com/hollyeudy

eh...After 10 years, I don't think she would have been next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    eh...After 10 years, I don't think she would have been next.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think she just wanted to sell her story and put some more drama in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Wow! She didnt look the healthiest, but I would be surprised if this isnt a suicide.
    I still want to know how his mother died
    It was natural.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/352...n-upstate-home

On Tuesday the coroner ruled Tague's cause of death as cardio respiratory arrest secondary to end stage COPD secondary to coronary artery Atherosclerosis.

Kohlhepp claims to have more killed more than 7 people
    http://www.goupstate.com/news/201712...e-more-victims

“Yes there is more than seven,” Kohlhepp wrote in an eight-page letter to the Herald-Journal dated Nov. 28. “I tried to tell investigators and I did tell FBI, but it was blown off. It’s not an addition problem, it’s an multiplication problem. Leaves the state and leaves the country. Thank you private pilot’s license.” He later added: “At this point, I really don’t see reason to give numbers or locations.”
    I've been horribly wrong with everything about this case before, but he's probably just trying to get attention. The way he spilled about the other murders when he got caught, I can't see him hiding other ones or the fbi just ignoring him.

Kohlhepp claims to have more killed more than 7 people
    http://www.goupstate.com/news/201712...e-more-victims

I've been horribly wrong with everything about this case before, but he's probably just trying to get attention. The way he spilled about the other murders when he got caught, I can't see him hiding other ones or the fbi just ignoring him.
    I think he didn't really give the information before, or did it in a way that they didn't take sriously, but I think he really did kill more and kept it quiet until after mommy died. He didn't want mommy to know who/what he truly was imo. Now that she is gone, he can use his info to get attention and possible privileges, but I do think he killed more.

That makes sense, and I'm sure that I've said in here that I don't think he went years without doing anything...but the way he just came out about the superbikes murder and not coming out with others seems off to me. If he would have waited to spill about the superbikes until after his mom died I could believe it more. But there's a lot of people who were in jail spilling about murders and crimes they didn't commit just for attention.

That makes sense, and I'm sure that I've said in here that I don't think he went years without doing anything...but the way he just came out about the superbikes murder and not coming out with others seems off to me. If he would have waited to spill about the superbikes until after his mom died I could believe it more. But there's a lot of people who were in jail spilling about murders and crimes they didn't commit just for attention.
    Oh, I totally agree with you that it's about attention at this point. He either wants something (privileges or something), or truly just needs people to pay him attention. Either way though, I think there may be some truth to his claims. I think the superbikes murder was just an act of anger, but the other murders are long term planning and depravity. I suspect he progressed and has earlier murders that aren't as complex as a dungeon on his property. I'm going to guess maybe a runaway, prostitute or something like that, where he obtained a victim that wouldn't be missed immediately and he could lure them to him and quickly kill them and dump their bodies.

I might be wrong though...he might just be fucking with everyone for attention. I feel like there's too big a gap though between the known killings.

I think I said it earlier in the thread, this guy def killed more people. He has a short fuse and is impulsive.

I agree RBW, I think he killed runaways or prostitutes and that's how he flew under the radar. He probably buried most of his victims so they were never found.

I wonder if he's trying to use the murders as leverage for more privileges in prison. I don't think he waited until his mom died to confess, I think he is trying to get something from those confessions. I could see him dragging shit out too.

The guys a psychopath, he's not capable of feeling sorry for the victims families.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

In a video taken shortly after they rescued Kayla, she was telling the police that kohlhepp planned on murdering another woman and shared the details...she gave the name ?Holly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    In a video taken shortly after they rescued Kayla, she was telling the police that kohlhepp planned on murdering another woman and shared the details...she gave the name ?Holly?
    So the ex maybe?

So the ex maybe?
    Holly was the name of the woman that came out saying she had a 10 year affair with him, saying she might?ve been next...apparently she was gna be next

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I almost think this asshole is going to need his own thread. I have always thought that there were more victims out there. I knew he didn't just lose it at the motorcycle shop.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

The new episode of People Magazine Investigates on ID that was on yesterday was about this. I'm not done watching it all, but there's stuff that I never saw or heard before. There's video/audio of him and of when they first found her.

The new episode of People Magazine Investigates on ID that was on yesterday was about this. I'm not done watching it all, but there's stuff that I never saw or heard before. There's video/audio of him and of when they first found her.
    I had it on in the background while I was cooking. They interviewed some of the other victims' family members too. It's a good episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp out of protective custody, officials say

One of South Carolina's the most notorious killers is no longer in protective custody, according to Department of Corrections officials.

DOC spokesman Jeffrey Taillon said Monday that Todd Kohlhepp, 47, is no longer in protective custody, but he did not clarify when Kohlhepp was put in the general prison population.
    Kohlhepp was initially incarcerated in Kirkland Correctional in Columbia, which does house inmates who are in the statewide protective custody program, but officials have not divulged where Kohlhepp has been confined.

Prisoners are put in protective custody if there are concerns about their safety in the general prison population. The Department of Corrections is legally obligated to attempt to keep inmates safe.

The families of several of Kohlhepp’s victims and prosecutors with the solicitor’s office made it clear after his sentencing that they objected to Kohlhepp being kept in protective custody rather than in the general prison population.

https://www.wjbf.com/news/crime-news...ase/1297635660

Todd Kohlhepp is serving life for the brutal murders of seven people and other crimes, but the serial killer was back in court Wednesday afternoon.

Several civil lawsuits have been filed against Kohlhepp.

Kala Brown is among those suing him. She appeared at the court hearing as well.
    Brown filed a lawsuit against Kohlhepp and his late mother Regina Tague.

Brown's attorneys say they're seeking upwards of $363 million in damages against Kohlhepp for medical expenses, attorney fees and other expenses.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright has said Brown would receive reward money offered for information leading to the arrest of the quadruple murders at Superbike Motorsports.

The killings had gone unsolved for 13 years until Kohlhepp’s arrest and subsequent confession.

In May 2017, he pleaded guilty to murdering seven people over 13 years, as well as kidnapping and sexually assaulting Brown and weapons charges.

The mother of Johnny Coxie, who Kohlhepp shot and killed along with his wife on the Woodruff property, also sat in front of a judge Wednesday afternoon. Her attorneys asked for more than $20 million in damages.

Kohlhepp took the stand in objection. He said he did kill Coxie but thought the amount his family wanted was too much.

The Carver family and some of the family members of the Superbike victims say they asked for a continuance in their hearings.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/38931048/sheriff-search-to-begin-wednesday-for-more-possible-victims-connected-to-todd-kohlhepp

SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -
    Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said investigators will be searching an area in Enoree for more possible victims connected to serial killer Todd Kohlhepp.

Wright said the search will begin Wednesday in an area near I-26.

Kohlhepp is currently locked up at Broad River Correctional in Columbia serving seven consecutive life sentences.

Kohlhepp pleaded guilty to seven counts of murder and other charges in 2017. He was arrested in November 2016 after a woman who went missing from Anderson, Kala Brown, was found on his property in Woodruff.

Investigators also found the bodies of Charlie Carver, Brown's boyfriend, and Johnny and Meagan Coxie, a couple that went missing nearly a year earlier, buried on the property.

Kohlhepp also confessed to the quadruple homicide at Superbike Motorsports in Chesnee, which took place in November 2003.Brian Lucas, Scott Ponder, Beverly Guy and Chris Sherbert were all shot and killed in that case.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...te/1078687002/

Kala Brown was awarded more than $6 million from Todd Kohlhepp's estate, according to an order filed in Spartanburg County court Thursday.

On Thursday, a judge ruled that Brown suffered more than $1.5 million in actual damages and awarded her more than $4.7 million in punitive damages. The total award is $6.3 million.

She originally sought $360 million in damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
    https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...nd/1068524002/

Items that serial killer Todd Kohlhepp kept at his Woodruff property are going up for auction online this weekend.

The short-notice auction, set to begin Saturday, will include Kohlhepp's gun safe, an ATV, power tools and other miscellaneous items, Darron Meares, owner of Meares Land and Auction Company said. The items are at Kohlhepp's property on Wofford Road, where authorities discovered the bodies of three of Kohlhepp's victims and found Kala Brown locked in a storage container in 2016.

The 96-acre property is expected to be sold at foreclosure soon, which is why the auction is being held quickly, Meares said. He signed an agreement with a court-appointed receiver to allow proceeds of the auction to go to victims and their families.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The 95.6-acre property serial killer Todd Kohlhepp once described as his “killing field” has been sold.

The swath of fenced-in, heavily-wooded land on Wofford Road near Highway 101 in Woodruff was sold to Strange Properties #1 LLC, according to Spartanburg County property records.

The corporation bought the property on Sept. 18 for $500,000, records show.

During interrogations, Kohlhepp told investigators that he wanted to make the property into his dream home, a “sanctuary,” and had not intended it to become his “killing field.”

His belongings that remained there were recently sold through an online short auction. Proceeds from the sale went to Kohlhepp's victims and families of victims, who are seeking monetary damages through several civil lawsuits.
    A damages hearing was held for Brown in which a judge ordered her to be awarded $6.3 million in damages.

More: Kala Brown awarded $6.3M in lawsuit against Todd Kohlhepp estate

A hearing to determine damages for two other lawsuits is scheduled for Monday, according to Spartanburg County court records.

The Woodruff property was sold to Kohlhepp for $305,632 in 2014 through an agreement with the former owners that he would pay monthly installments of $3,000 without interest until July 1, 2018 when a balloon payment would be due for the remainder of what was owed, according to court records.

Those payments stopped after Kohlhepp’s arrest, and former owner Wilton Lawrence filed a civil suit to be awarded what was still owed to him based on the agreement that was cut short. In his suit, Lawrence was seeking $121,232, the principal due on the mortgage, plus late fees.

That suit was dismissed Sept. 19 after the mortgage loan was paid in full from the new sale, according to court records.

When Kohlhepp bought the property, he erected a chain-link fence shortly after to encompass most of the property’s perimeter. Neighbors said they felt that the fence was strange and said Kohlhepp mostly came to the property in the evenings and isolated himself.

A judgement was also awarded to the fence company that worked with Kohlhepp after they sued for a debt collection. The company was seeking $11,286 that the company said Kohlhepp still owed them at the time of his arrest.

It remains unclear what will become of Kohlhepp’s former property.

Business records show Strange Properties #1, LLC, the new buyer, is owned by Woodruff resident Annie Strange and began operating in 2005.

She also owns four other Strange Properties corporations, which own several other properties in Woodruff, Greer and Duncan, according to Spartanburg County property records.

Strange did not respond to calls or messages seeking comment.

Thread Information