Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jennifer Yost (39), her husband Christopher (34) and their friend Billy Boucher (28) were murdered and Jennifer's daughter Katlynn (17) has been arrested along with two males in connection to their deaths

An Army mechanic who confessed to killing a "furry" couple and their friend in Southern California, allegedly to protect the couple's teen daughter from sexual abuse, has been convicted of murder.

Joshua Acosta, 23, now faces life in prison without the chance of parole for the 2016 shooting deaths of 34-year-old Christopher Yost, his wife, 39-year-old Jennifer Yost, and their friend, 28-year-old Arthur Boucher in Fullerton.

Acosta met the Yosts, along with Jennifer Yost's 17-year-old daughter Katlynn Goodwill, in the “furry” community - people who like to dress up as and act like animals, according to the Orange County Register.

Acosta told investigators he was trying to protect Goodwill, who testified at his trial that Christopher Yost, her stepfather, had molested her on a weekly basis for eight years. Goodwill said she was going to tell her mother about the abuse on the night of the murders and had enlisted the help of Acosta and Frank Felix, another friend, to help her run away, but didn't know Acosta was going to kill anyone.

Defense attorney Adam Vining disputed the teen's claims and argued she manipulated Acosta, who he says is autistic, into killing her mother and stepfather simply because she wanted them gone.

“I know she is not on trial, but she is the villain,” Vining said of the Goodwill, who testified under immunity.
    Goodwill admitted to previously lying to authorities about who allegedly abused her and who she told about it, according to the Orange County Register. Even with the uncertainty surrounding the abuse allegations, prosecutors argued that Acosta was still resposnsible for the killings.

During an interview with police, a recording to which was played at trial, Acosta called the Yost family a “twisted, wretched cesspool” and a “festering wound.” He described using a shotgun to shoot Boucher, who he referred to as "collateral damage," in the head as he lay sleeping on the couch. He told cops he then shot Jennifer Yost between the eyes in her bedroom before gunning down Christopher Yost as he ran away.

Felix is being tried separately for his alleged role in the triple homicide.
    https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/jo...ton-california

Hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about her getting immunity in this situation. It doesn't seem right considering the whole thing was a lie. She had to know something bad would happen. This whole case is a huge fucking mess.

Agree with you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by lukejamie07 View Post
    Agree with you Mike.
    Who is Mike?

Also, this thread was great. I wonder what ever happened to Jenifer and if she still does the furry thing?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-07-2021 at 05:44 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Who is Mike?

Also, this thread was great. I wonder what ever happened to Jenifer and if she still does the furry thing?
    One of the only pluses to having a really shit memory is forgetting complete threads and cases and getting to enjoy them again. Off to read since I'm wide awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about her getting immunity in this situation. It doesn't seem right considering the whole thing was a lie. She had to know something bad would happen. This whole case is a huge fucking mess.
    AGREED. I just re-read this thread and here's my take:

1. She LITERALLY got away with murder. I think she manipulated them in to doing this either through some fantasy of hers or reality that she wanted them gone. At any rate, getting off completely scot-free is bullshit. She's still active on her Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Daydreamerfox

2. Obviously Acosta was WAY off his rocker by the way he described the murders. Felix's friends still wish him a Happy Birthday in prison on his Facebook

3. I miss Non-Saepe so much
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    AGREED. I just re-read this thread and here's my take:

1. She LITERALLY got away with murder. I think she manipulated them in to doing this either through some fantasy of hers or reality that she wanted them gone. At any rate, getting off completely scot-free is bullshit. She's still active on her Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Daydreamerfox

2. Obviously Acosta was WAY off his rocker by the way he described the murders. Felix's friends still wish him a Happy Birthday in prison on his Facebook

3. I miss Non-Saepe so much
    I agree with all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Furries are weird. I can't really say that they are weird until I have first or second hand info. Someone try it out for me. I don't like to sweat and my hair... Lol
    I have first hand experience in this area.

I had a part-time job delivering singing telegrams in a chicken costume when my children were very young, and I was "McGruff the Crime Dog" for my police department for 10 years (additional duty). The costumes are hot, sweaty, itchy, STINKY!, and uncomfortable in every way you can imagine and some you can't. McGruff even had a fan in his nose and all it did was blow the stank around. Ugh! I got paid to do it and every single minute in that costume felt like an hour. It was agonizing. For the love of all that is good, I cannot imagine why ANYONE would choose a Furry life and I have no idea how you would have sex in costume. McGruff was neutered, I can tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I saw a furry once, in the wild (a bowling alley). I shall post a pic:
    Me too! It was in a cafeteria in WashDC and the furry (a skunk) went thru the line in full costume, came and sat next to me and a colleague, took his head off, and proceeded to eat his lunch. My colleague was a really straight-laced, inflexible, older guy (the loveable office grouch) and I thought he was going to have an aneurysm when I started talking to this guy.

Skunk wasn't sitting next to me 2 minutes when I asked, "Furry?" I mean, it was hard to ignore the giant skunk head sitting a foot from my plate. He was genuinely warm and welcoming, "Yeah! You too?" When I told him I wasn't, he asked how I knew about the culture and I told him (MDS). Then he asked if I had any questions about it. As you can imagine, I had a few bouncing around in my head so I asked away and he answered honestly and with no offense taken at any of them. This is what I learned:

Yes, there is definitely a sexual component, but not everyone participates - for many it is innocent cosplay. Skunk seemed to know a lot about this, so I assume he is a sexual furry (he was single). He indicated that there were a lot of unwritten rules/etiquette/protocols to the sexual component intended to protect the participants. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember it included how to identify a minor, and how to avoid sexual harassment. Like, there is some kind of signal or protocol or something to let someone know you are interested in having sex. Apparently a lot of it is anonymous so there are safe sex protocols as well. He also said the lifestyle CAN include family and youngsters but NOT in a sexual way. Skunk belonged to a group that held regular cosplay events in area parks that attracted plenty of non-furry families and enthralled youngsters who stumbled upon them. They weren't Furry Recruitment Events or anything. Skunk said they did it because they loved to show off their (really!) expensive costumes (Skunk cost $2,600), and for the kids it was pure magic to come to the park and unexpectedly find a giant skunk and other forest life frolicking around. As someone who has seen children through the eyes of McGruff the Crime Dog and a Giant Singing Chicken, I get that. All in all, I didn't get the impression he was dangerous or predatory in any way. I think he was a pretty normal dude with what I consider an unusual pastime, but who am I to judge? My colleague on the other hand, reminded me of this day and lectured me about "talking to freaks and strangers" until the day he died. RIP, Don...

BTW, Angie.... that wild bowling alley fox looks a lot like one on Kate's page.

Also.... OMG THIS GIRL GOT AWAY WITH MURDER!!!!! And poor Brian Boucher was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

May they all rest in peace...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I had a part-time job delivering singing telegrams in a chicken costume
    Oh my god this is the best thing I have read all day (besides Ang possibly murdering someone). Please tell me you have pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh my god this is the best thing I have read all day (besides Ang possibly murdering someone). Please tell me you have pictures!
    I actually DID have some, but they were Polaroids (tells you how long ago this was) and I think my ex- is in possession of all of the old photos or he has destroyed them, I don't know. If I had them I'd gladly post them, it's not like you can tell it's me!

I have lots of photos of me as McGruff (mostly news clippings), but none of them digital, and all of them in Europe right now.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I actually DID have some, but they were Polaroids (tells you how long ago this was) and I think my ex- is in possession of all of the old photos or he has destroyed them, I don't know. If I had them I'd gladly post them, it's not like you can tell it's me!

I have lots of photos of me as McGruff (mostly news clippings), but none of them digital, and all of them in Europe right now.
    Well it definitely sounded like it was an interesting job!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information