Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maimi Marlins Pitcher Jose Fernandez (24) killed in a boating accident with two friends

Maimi Marlins Pitcher Jose Fernandez (24) killed in a boating accident with two friends

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 01:43 PM.

I am so upset about this!!!! Completely fucking beside myself! When I still lived in SoFla I would go to several Fish games a year and would make sure to go when he was pitching. He was just so amazing to watch. I had been worried it'd be his elbow that'd take him out of the game too early but he came back from TJ surgery same as he ever was...I never thought...

Gahhhhhhh! I want to throw a temper tantrum like a goddamn baby I am so fucking angry about this!!!!! I will be even more angry if it comes out that there was alcohol to blame (and I know that's likely because way too many people think drunk boating is somehow different from drunk driving.)

RIP Jos?. You woulda been a Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    I am so upset about this!!!! Completely fucking beside myself! When I still lived in SoFla I would go to several Fish games a year and would make sure to go when he was pitching. He was just so amazing to watch. I had been worried it'd be his elbow that'd take him out of the game too early but he came back from TJ surgery same as he ever was...I never thought...

Gahhhhhhh! I want to throw a temper tantrum like a goddamn baby I am so fucking angry about this!!!!! I will be even more angry if it comes out that there was alcohol to blame (and I know that's likely because way too many people think drunk boating is somehow different from drunk driving.)

RIP Jos?. You woulda been a Hall of Famer.

Sadly, most people think that drinking while boating is part of the ambience and a required activity. I won't get on the water if anyone we are out with has been drinking. Water and drinking don't mix.

Holy shit...how fast was that boat going?!? I'm guessing it was too dark to see the rocks in the water.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 09-25-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

BewitchingStorm had started a thread under current events. I didn't see it when I posted. Could a Mod please merge the two? Thanks!

They're saying they don't believe drugs or alcohol played a part, but speed was a factor. After reading that it took him, his mother and sister three times to cross the water from Cuba to America and that he saved his mother's life on the last and final attempt, I was heartbroken. God bless the family members. I haven't heard who the other two deceased individuals are, but I hope its not the pregnant girlfriend.

This has been one of my favorite plays of all times. He played minor league with our local team before he went to the Marlins. I'm super sad about this.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Hello, long time lurker here. I was looking through instagram this morning and found this interesting info (hope I'm doing this right) RIP JF16

https://instagram.com/p/BKyZuAogmGW/

Quote Originally Posted by MexMe View Post
    Hello, long time lurker here. I was looking through instagram this morning and found this interesting info (hope I'm doing this right) RIP JF16

Here is a ss from that link:

It seems like the Eddy Guy's friend had a bad feeling about him going out on the boat that night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What the fuck was the problem with Jose that night? That sounds like the type of thing girlfriends do when they're having "guy" problems, and they call a friend to go out with them. What did he need to "cool down" from? He have a fight with the pregnant girlfriend? Also, why were the authorities so quick to say no drugs or alcohol were involved? Looks like he was partying his ass off. He also was familiar with the area, so the rocks were NOT something he didn't know were there. So many questions.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Welcome! And thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I read an article that said they were ruling out alcohol and drugs based on not finding any on the boat. Which is crazy considering it was found upside down.

I read an article that said they were ruling out alcohol and drugs based on not finding any on the boat. Which is crazy considering it was found upside down.
    Wow, I'm really surprised. What the hell were they doing? Anyone that boats in that area would know where the jettys and that they would have to be careful around that area. If not alcohol or drugs, then what?

This is the best thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Will they be doing a tox on them at all? They may not have found any on the scene, but that doesn't mean that it didn't fall out of the boat at some point or that they weren't already fucked before leaving the shore.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Here is a ss from that link:

It seems like the Eddy Guy's friend had a bad feeling about him going out on the boat that night.
    .... this is odd.

Could this possibly... not have been an accident? Why would you be scared of letting someone go on a boat with his mate?

never mind. I misread
    Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 09-26-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

So, as BB73 said, toxicology could still show something. All they are saying now is that the didn't find alcohol and/or drugs on the scene.

I'm still going to say they were drunk...especially since they were at the bar and he was arguing with his GF.

This will go hard on his girlfriend, who will blame herself. I'm guessing the toxicology results from the autopsies will show that alcohol was on board, but after death, I'm not sure how reliable that will be. I think the deadly combination of booze and speed will once again prove to be the cause. I hope she doesn't stress out so bad she miscarries.

it's likely going to be a combination of speed, booze, and inexperience that what led to the crash.

daisy-not an accident? no, it was an accident almost assuredly.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    it's likely going to be a combination of speed, booze, and inexperience that what led to the crash.

daisy-not an accident? no, it was an accident almost assuredly.
    Not looking for a conspiracy theory I promise Just found it super weird how much they didn't want the above dude on the boat with him .. like, if I messaged someone saying 'hey man, i'm going on a boat with x y z at midnight', I'd probably get back 'Have fun you weird bitch', not 'nononooonono plz dont go'.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Holy shit...how fast was that boat going?!? I'm guessing it was too dark to see the rocks in the water.
    This. Even if someone is familiar with an area, everything's different at night. Or he could have seen them but just misjudged the distance and turned too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Will they be doing a tox on them at all? They may not have found any on the scene, but that doesn't mean that it didn't fall out of the boat at some point or that they weren't already fucked before leaving the shore.
    Yep. Maybe he had been prescribed Xanax or something and took some to calm down, on top of the alcohol he had at the bar (assuming he drank at that bar). He wouldn't necessarily have had it on his person at the time of the crash. For his friends to say that they needed to keep him close to shore makes me think he was visibly impaired.

I thought it was odd for his friends to say that they needed to "keep Jose cool". Anger issues, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Thread Information