Thread: Lawyer says Mount Vernon School District must allow after-school Satan club

Lawyer says Mount Vernon School District must allow after-school Satan club

http://komonews.com/news/local/lawye...lub-09-22-2016

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - A lawyer hired by the Mount Vernon School District has advised officials to allow the Satanic Temple of Seattle to start an after-school program at one of their elementary schools.

The Skagit Valley Herald reports attorney Duncan Fobes said if the district were to deny the application, they would face costly litigation which would not end in their favor.

Fobes said the district was one of nine throughout the country, including Mount Vernon's Centennial Elementary School, to receive such applications.

The Satanic Temple has been targeting schools that have a Good News Bible Club. Satanic Temple of Seattle spokesman Tarkus Claypool has said a parent brought the bible club to their attention over concerns the club was teaching children to evangelize to other children.

Claypool said their curriculum teaches children logic, self-empowerment and reasoning and they don't worship a deity.

According to the website, the group says it does not believe in nor does it worship Satan.

?They use the term Satan, I think, as a very successful attention-getter,? said Duncan Fobbs.

According to a Supreme Court ruling, schools must allow all organizations, religious and secular, to use school property as long as it doesn't promote hate speech or violence.

Wednesday night at the Mt. Vernon School Board meeting, concerned parents spoke out against the group's application for an afterschool program.

?I'm very frustrated but as you heard, the attorney says their hands are tied,? said resident Dova Thursk.

?If people were to define what satanic temple means, I think they?d be alarmed,? said grandparent Mike Cheek.
    I find this an equal mix of petty and hilarious. I've seen quite a few facebook comments of people losing their shit.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeupexhausted View Post
    http://komonews.com/news/local/lawye...lub-09-22-2016

I find this an equal mix of petty and hilarious. I've seen quite a few facebook comments of people losing their shit.
    So wait.... The same folks shouting about Freedom of Religion are against this? I wonder why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    If people were to define what satanic temple means, I think they'd be alarmed, said grandparent Mike Cheek.

Satan loves all the kiddies!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

HAHA sick. I love this. It makes a perfect point - it's always okay and about freedom of speech/religion when it's Christian based groups... but then that very same group always have a cryfart when others decide to be 'free' also... KEEP IT COMING KIDS.

120000% guess this started as an idea on 4chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information