Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Runion's (21) remains were found with another skeleton that is thought to be that of Kara Kopetsky (17), and Kylr Yust (28) is the main suspect in both deaths

Sorry guys, I really hate bumping cases like Kara's. They haven't found her but there's a few reports we missed & Kylr's been up to his usual shit - never stopped really, but you'll see what I mean when I get it posted . I found these ages ago but I put off bumping, they're building up though so I guess I'd better just do it -

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...t-1-nov2011swp

BELTON, Mo. - An NBC Action News investigation has uncovered new evidence in the Kara Kopetsky case, including a possible confession and disputed timeline.

There are two parts of this investigation. Click here to see the story on the possible confession.

?It just solidifies what I had already suspected,? said Kara?s mom, Rhonda Beckford. ?Which is they're not doing their job. They're not trying to find Kara.?

In addition to a reported confession, the NBC Action News investigation identified a box of Kara?s possessions turned in to police two years after her disappearance, a report that Belton police did not return calls about suspicious behavior the day after she vanished, an official report that puts Kara?s initial disappearance two days earlier than previously reported, and other evidence never made public until now.

?This amount of compelling information coming out in a news investigation rather than a police investigation is very troubling,? said Retired FBI Agent Michael Tabman after he reviewed what NBC Action News Investigators

Kara Kopetsky vanished shortly after surveillance cameras captured her walking out of Belton High School about 10:00 a.m on Friday, May 4, 2007.

When did Kara really disappear: May 2, 2007 or May 4, 2007?

Kara?s mother was shocked to learn that Belton Police records put her daughter?s initial disappearance on May 2, 2007?two days earlier than she was publically reported missing.

According to the Belton police report obtained by the Investigators, when Rhonda was contacted on May 4, 2007 regarding the disappearance of her daughter, she told detectives that Kara ?has, in fact, been missing since May 2, 2007? and that she believed Kara ?is with the suspect willingly and is not being held against her will.?

However Rhonda said the documentation is erroneous. ?It essentially says I thought my daughter was a runaway, when I did not think that,? Beckford said. ?I felt that her life was in danger, or I would not have called the police and reported her missing.?

?I just don't know what Belton thinks that they're doing,? Rhonda said. ?It's all lies and this is the first time we've seen the report. Why are we just now seeing this??

Belton Police Chief James Person declined our requests for an interview, but issued a statement standing by the report.

?There is no discrepancy in our police reports,? Person wrote. ?They are dated and time stamped, and have not changed since the original report was written 4 1/2 years ago.?

The Belton report also said police contacted the family by phone, but the family said that never happened.

Rhonda emphasized that the family saw Kara the morning of May 4, 2007 and would have had no reason to say she?d already been missing for two days

?It contradicts everything that we have reported about Kara and her disappearance for the last 4 1/2 years,? said Jim Beckford, Kopetsky?s stepfather. ?That report is nothing but a lie.?

The Belton Police report said Kara?s mom told the officer over the phone that a friend of Kara?s had told her Kara was with a friend ?at his band practice in the basement of an unknown residence.?

The Beckfords said there was never a conversation like that.

?Now they produce this report that makes it look like we thought she was a runaway when that's all just a lie,? Rhonda Beckford said. ?We thought Kara's life was in danger.?

Belton Police say report hasn't changed since May

?Memories can change and fade, but these written documents are a permanent written record as information was presented to the police officers,? Chief Person wrote in response to our questions. ?I will not be put in a position of public conflict, but remain willing to share any public information which may assist in the resolution of this case.?

The Beckfords said that the school surveillance video from the same day proves Kara was accounted for until the date of the previously reported

?None of this ever came from us,? Jim said. ?We never felt that Kara was, and never said that she was willingly with anyone.?

The Beckfords both say there was never a phone call from police that day, and that when an officer did come to their home, they say he didn?t write

An $80,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the return of

The family and Belton Police both ask anyone with information on the case to call the Tips Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS or to submit an anonymous tip online at http://kccrimestoppers.com .

The family has established two web sites to find Kara: http://www.searchingforkara.com and http://www.findkarakopetsky.com.

For more on this story, including how Kara's parents were angered by word of an alleged confession and other new clues in the case, go here: http://
    book

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Stuff like this just makes me sad. I feel for her poor family, having no idea where their daughter has been for so long.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

BELTON, Mo. - An NBC Action News investigation has uncovered new evidence in the Kara Kopetsky case, including a possible confession and disputed timeline .

This investigation is published in two parts. To see our report on the disputed timeline click here.

Surveillance video from Belton High School shows the last known image of Kopetsky, 17 at the time, before she vanished May 4, 2007.

Kara expressed fear before disappearance

Court documents obtained by NBC Action News show Kara Kopetsky filed a restraining order against her boyfriend, Kylr Yust, four days before she disappeared.

In the April 30, 2007 handwritten statement, Kara described abuse at the hands of Yust stating that he “kidnapped, restrained, one month ago choked me, December 6 had a knife and said ‘I’m going to slit
    your fucking throat."

Yust acknowledged in a 2007 interview that police considered him a suspect.

Belton police have said they have considered multiple suspects and aren't focused on solely on Yust.

They also say he has an alibi and passed a lie detector test.

Belton police won’t say whether they still consider Yust a suspect in the Kopetsky case.

Kansas City Police began investigating ex-boyfriend

Kansas City Police Patrolman Joshua Meierer began investigating leads in the Kopetsky case shortly after he arrested Yust for a similar attack on an 18-year-old girlfriend in July 2011.

That victim’s mother told police Yust drew a pentagram on her daughter’s forehead. The victim reported Yust choked her repeatedly until she was on the brink of passing out. The police report also stated Yust would punch her legs to prevent her from losing consciousness and then choke her again.

“I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy,” a report quotes the victim as telling police Yust said during the attack. “I will kill you.”

Yust pleaded guilty to that attack.

Yust still faces animal abuse charges stemming from a statement claiming that he killed his ex-girlfriend’s kittens.

Alleged "I killed Kara" confession in KCPD report

“I killed Kara,” is what one Kansas City Police report states a man police consider a person of interest in the case told a witness in 2007.

The witness told Kansas City police he asked the friend to stop talking at the time because “he was scared to hear about a murder.”

The witness told police both he and his friend “were extremely intoxicated.” He also told police he does not remember details about the murder or a possible location of Kopetsky’s body.

A different witness told KCPD he saw a suspect’s truck heading south of Belton on Y Highway about noon on May 4, 2007, which would put the man in the Belton area shortly after the surveillance video
    showed Kara leaving Belton High School.

The witness declined to elaborate on his statement when contacted by NBC Action News, but acknowledged Belton Police did interview him about what he knows.

The KCPD report identifies other witnesses Belton hasn’t contacted.

“Report after report after report point(s) to them not doing their job basically,” said Kara's mother, Rhonda Beckford. “In my opinion, they're not doing their job.”

Previous1|2

Posted: 11/01/2011

By: Russ Ptacek
    Belton Police accused of not contacting witness
    We uncovered one report where a witness told police soon after Kara's disappearance, a friend asked him for "a change of clothes and a pair of shoes," and that "police were wanting to question" the man. That friend is a person of interest according to police.

The witness says he and his father called the Belton Chief of Police but they never received a call back.

“Every police department should return every call it receives,” retired FBI agent Michael Tabman said. “On a high profile case like this, that's only elevated astronomically.”

“Perhaps that was the call that could have brought Kara home,” said Jim Beckford, Kara's stepfather. “You have to follow up on every lead.”

“These statements, that are pretty compelling, that [NBC Action News] had uncovered, instead of the [Belton] police department, I feel, indicates there was certainly a lack of investigative attention and this case did not get the due care that it required," said Tabman. “There were some serious missteps on this investigation. That might be indicative of not having the adequate training and man power.”

Belton police declined our requests for an interview.

“For anyone to critique this or any investigation without knowledge of all the facts would be irresponsible,” Chief Person wrote in an e-mailed police response. “Assumption, innuendo, and blame discredits the hard work and dedication of the people who have devoted themselves to finding Kara.”

The Beckfords said the new evidence brings back serious concerns about other evidence in Kara’s case that was ignored or withheld.

“All I wanted them to do was find my daughter and they've had four-and-a-half years to do it and they haven't,” Rhonda said.

Family believes Belton Police missed opportunities

The Beckfords said Kara’s backpack and debit card were left untouched in a school locker for more than a month after she vanished.

“The school didn't call, the janitor did,” Jim said. “He said if you don't come pick these up, we're going to throw them away.”

The Beckfords said police hadn’t searched the locker and didn’t show interest in the evidence until the after the Beckfords recovered it.

“As time went on, valuable information that could have led to Kara's recovery has been lost,” Jim said. “Why did it take six weeks for Kara's video to be released from the high school? Why was Rhonda told to go pick her belongings up from the high school?”

“There have been thousands of man-hours logged, and over 500 reports generated by our department alone,” Person wrote in the Belton Police statement. “The FBI has had personnel assigned to assist, and they have reviewed, consulted, and actively participated since 2007.”

Box of Kara's possessions found two years later

A report obtained from the Pleasant Hill , Missouri Police Department says on May 11, 2009, two years after the disappearance, a man turned in a “clear plastic shoe box container” marked as “evidence received for Kara Kopetsky missing person case.”

The report said the box had been stored in an apartment rented by a person of interest in the case.

“The box contains notes, pictures, and other personal items belonging to a missing person, Kara Kopetsky,” the report says.

Kara’s mom had no idea about the recovery of her daughter’s possessions until now.

“Belton police never told me about that box,” Rhonda said. “I really don't feel like they want to find my daughter, I don't. I think they just want us to go away.”

“I feel let down,” Jim said. “I feel Kara has been betrayed.”

“I think they've not handled this properly,” Tabman said. “I think this would be better taken to another jurisdiction. Maybe the state police.”

Since Kara’s disappearance in 2007, the Beckfords have publically supported the Belton Police Department.

Now, they agree with Tabman, and say the case needs to be pulled from Belton.

Family members are losing hope that Kara is still alive.

Today, she would be 21 years old.

An $80,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the return of Kara Kopetsky.

The family and Belton Police both ask anyone with information on the case to call the Tips Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS or to submit an anonymous tip online at http://kccrimestoppers.com .

The family has established two web sites to find Kara: http://www.searchingforkara.com and http://www.findkarakopetsky.com .

For more on this story, including how Kara's parents were angered by an alleged 'twisted timeline,' go here: http://bit.ly/uU23Oi

For updates on this case, follow @RussPtacek on Twitter or "like" Russ Ptacek on Facebook .
    An article comment re the twisted timeline

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...sky-feb2012swp
    MarkStrangeLove So, Yust has an alibi? What date are the police using? Is his alibi for the 2nd or 4th of May? As far as the polygraph goes, there are too many variables and a long history of the inadequacies of this method.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-26-2013 at 03:07 AM.

& yeah Kevin, I agree. I don't know why but Kara affected me more than most but there's something there that I can't quite put my finger on. I find myself checking for updates every few months, poor kid. That initial investigation is pretty worrying - if what they say is true, she's really been badly let down by the local police.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-14-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Finally finishing these posts after dropping the tablet, the rest of it's what Kylr's been to since (besides getting lots more ink). Most of this is from 2011 -

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15404986/...-separate-case

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -For Kara Kopetsky's mother, it was unsettling news. The missing teen's ex-boyfriend, who was once a suspect in her disappearance, had just pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge involving another teenaged woman.

"It was almost like deja vu," said Rhonda Beckford from outside her Belton home.

Kopetsky has been missing since 2007. A reward fund is now up to $80,000.

"It's like being in perpetual limbo," Beckford said of the years since Kara's disappearance.

"You can't move forward and you wish to God you had a time machine and you could go back before 2007 and prevent what happened from happening, but you can't."

Beckford and her husband, Jim, said the Kylr Yust who dated their daughter looked different than he does in the mug shot taken last week, but even then,he exhibited behavior that worried them.

"They were together nine months," Beckford said. "She was miserable. She would cry on my shoulder just about every night."

The day Kara went missing came one week after she filed for a protection order against Yust. She was 17 then. He was 18.

Now 22 years old, Yust has admitted to choking a new girlfriend in an apartment they shared at 99th Street and Locust. The domestic violence assault charge indicated Yust choked the 18-year-old so hard that she lost consciousness, pulled her hair out and punched her until she was bruised.

At the time, in late July, that teen's mother told police her daughter was 7-1/2 weeks pregnant.

In the police report, that latest teen's mother recounted what her daughter told her about that night, six months into her relationship with Yust.

"He 'threatened to kill her... if she left him.' He 'had a family with a ranch where there were pigs that would eat anything including bones ... no one would ever find her,'" the latest teen's mother recounted.

Beckford said she knew of no such ranch. It could have been a mere scare tactic, she speculated, but she would like to know for sure.

"I would sure be interested in knowing where this farm is because ... I think it needs [to be] searched," she said.

Officials have had several searches for Kara. The most recent search was just this year, in February, at 89th and Elmwood, not far from where one of Yust's relatives lives.

The recent domestic violence charge, and guilty plea in Kansas City Municipal Court, brought Yust two years supervised probation.

He cannot have contact with his victim, must complete a 26-week anger management course, and cannot to have any repeat convictions. A violation would result in a 180-day jail sentence.

The recent ex-girlfriend also told police about an incident earlier this summer when she said Yust smashed one of her kittens on the floor until it died, saying it didn't deserve to live. That incident was not included in the charge he pleaded guilty to and KCTV5 could find no record of a charge for that.

Kopetsky hasn't been seen since she walked out of Belton High School in 2007. Yust had an alibi and passed a lie detector test at the time Kopetsky went missing.

ETA -removing the reference to 2013, it looks like google search glitch ie. search page showing current date on old article.
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.

2011 was a busy year for Kylr

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...too-shop-theft

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Jackson County grand jury has indicted Kylr Yust, the 23-year-old ex-boyfriend of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky, in a felony tattoo shop theft.

Yust declined to comment.

According to the indictment, Yust "appropriated tattoo machines, needles, ink, and various supplies."

Last week Yust agreed to meet with me to discuss the theft case and the Kara Kopetsky disappearance.

"What does indicted mean," Yust said to me by text. "That's messed up."

Yust has twice texted me requesting a lunch meeting.

"Are you free for lunch tomorrow," Yust texted. "12 at Kin Lin sound tasty [sic]? Its the best asain [sic] in town, I think."

Both times, Yust didn't return calls or texts to confirm a meeting time or place.

Police allege Yust stole the supplies from Lady Luck Tattoo Parlor on Wornall, where he was a tattoo apprenctice, in October, 2010.

In a separate case, Yust is charged with animal cruelty where he is accused of beating one kitten to death and throwing two live kittens into a creek after trapping them in a tied bag.

In September, he pleaded guilty to assaulting a recent girlfriend.

During the assault, the victim claimed Yust threatened to kill her and said he had killed before. “I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy," police quoted the victim as reporting Yust said during the attack.

Yust remains free on a $1500 bond. His next court appearance in the tattoo supplies theft case is scheduled for December 12th.

For details on past cases and recent investigations into the disappearance of Kara Kopetsky , visit http://www.nbcactionnews.com

&again

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...training-order

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Despite a restraining order forbidding it, Kylr Yust, the 23-year-old ex-boyfriend of Kara Kopetsky, was arrested Thursday in the company of a woman he attacked in July.

North Kansas City Police discovered his warrant during a traffic stop for speeding near the Bond Bridge on I-35.

Prior to when she vanished in 2007, Kopetsky had filed her own restraining order against Yust alleging he choked her and threatened to kill her. Police have said Yust passed a lie detector test and has an alibi in the Kopetsky case.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Office manually entered Yust's warrant into the system Tuesday when he ignored a judge’s order to appear in court on a felony charge he stole equipment from a Kansas City tattoo parlor.

The 18-year-old woman with Yust during his arrest had filed a restraining order against him in August after he attacked her in the Kansas City apartment they shared.

Tuesday, the woman had asked a judge to dismiss the restraining order, saying “I don’t need it anymore,” but pending a hearing the order remains active.

A separate judge had also ordered Yust to stay away from the woman

In a September hearing when Yust pleaded guilty to the assault, a Judge placed him on supervised probation ordering him to stay away from the woman who was pregnant during the attack.

"As far as you're concerned, she doesn't exist anymore," Kansas City Municipal Court Judge Leonard Hughes III said in September. "Leave her alone."

The judge told Yust the probation deal was a "gift from the justice system."

"Next time you come down here, you're getting a broken arm," Hughes told Yust. "You're going to jail, son."

Despite the harsh warning, a few days later Yust appeared in Hughes’ court again on charges he killed the victim’s three kittens and was released him on a $1,000 bond.

A spokesman with the North Kansas City Police Department, where Yust was arrested during a traffic stop this week, said Yust wasn’t charged with violating the restraining order.

Police said there was no documentation Yust was ever properly served with restraining order papers.

Police reports indicate during the July attack on the woman, he choked the 6-month pregnant woman, and killed her three kittens.

He has a January hearing related to the animal abuse case.

In a police report obtained by the NBC Action News Investigators, the victim claimed Yust told her that he’d killed others.

Click here to see the report: http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/...stincident.pdf

“I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy,” the victim told police Yust said. “I will kill you.”

"If you scream again, I will kill you, faster than you can let another scream out of your throat," the police report quoted the victim.

"Yust was holding the kitten in his hands," the victim told police. "He began to slam the kitten on the floor repeatedly."

A spokesman with the North Kansas City Police Department said Yust bonded out a few hours after his arrest Thursday.

Police said the woman was with Yust willingly when they arrested him Thursday.

Most recent article for Kara

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...years-missing/
    BELTON, Mo. ? May 4, 2007 should have been just another normal day.

Kara Kopetsky, 17 years old, headed off to school that morning but soon called her mom with a couple of requests. She needed her work uniform washed before 4 that afternoon and she?d forgotten a book. Rhonda Beckford threw the uniform in the washer and dropped off the book at the school office before heading to her own job.

But when Beckford came home that afternoon, her husband, Jim Beckford, Kara?s stepfather, asked if she?d heard from the teen. Kara had not come home from school at 2:30 as expected.

?I tried to call her but it went straight to voicemail,? Rhonda Beckford told me. She called Kara?s manager at Popeye?s Chicken where she worked. He hadn?t heard from the teenager, either, and she?d only missed work once ? and that was because she was sick.

By 5 that afternoon, the Beckfords called the Belton police to report Kara missing. The first officer brushed it off, telling the family, ?She?s a teenager, she?s probably just mad.?

?They [the police] basically treated her as a runaway,? Rhonda Beckford said. ?But who knows their child better [than her parents]??

Kara had never run away before. She?d left most of her belongings at home, including cash, clothes and an iPod. And then there was the matter of the boyfriend ? or ex-boyfriend, as Kara had recently broken up with him. Rhonda Beckford told me he?d tried to abduct her a couple of weeks earlier and she had jumped out of his car. The teen had applied for a restraining order and a court date was set for May 10.

Rhonda Beckford, her family and Kara?s friends did their own investigating as they divided up the city of Belton, a suburb south of Kansas City, Mo., and went door to door with flyers.

It wasn?t until the June 2 disappearance of Kelsey Smith, an 18-year-old in Overland Park, Kan., a suburb west of Kansas City, that Kara made the news.

Suddenly there were two young women ? both the same height, both with dark hair ? missing in the Kansas City area. ?The national news came calling,? Rhonda said. Could there be a connection?

Four days later, Smith?s body was found and soon after her killer arrested. Although he was questioned, no link between the two cases was ever found.

Surveillance tapes from cameras inside Belton High School show Kara leaving the morning of May 4, which doesn?t surprise Rhonda Beckford who knew her daughter had a couple of classes she hated and that she sometimes skipped. The school never called though, because at 17, Kara was considered an adult when it came to attendance. That has since changed; the school calls all parents of children enrolled in school when they?re absent.

And now surveillance cameras are placed outside the school as well.

Cell phone records show that the last call on Kara?s phone was with the ex-boyfriend that morning. It was 20 minutes long.

Rhonda Beckford said circumstantial evidence would seem to point to the ex-boyfriend, but the Cass County prosecutor needs more than that to build a case.

So Rhonda does what other parents of missing children do: They work to keep their child?s face and name out there before the public, with Web sites, Facebook pages, t-shirts, signs, magnets, events and media coverage.

Sunday was the sixth annual walk to honor Kara. Friends and family members showed up, but so did people who didn?t even know her or her parents, like Terry and Tracie Jennings from Pleasant Hill, Mo. ?We drove over because we have five kids,? they told me.

Also present were the parents of other missing and murdered children, including Don and Donna Ross, parents of Jesse Ross, a 19-year-old who ?vanished? during a school trip to Chicago; Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, parents of Baby Lisa, who disappeared from their home in October 2011; Mark and Kim Howard, whose 11-year-old daughter Michaela was murdered June 17, 1998; and Greg and Missey Smith, parents of Kelsey.

It was heartbreaking.

I didn?t realize there were so many cases, just in the Kansas City area alone. It?s ?an epidemic,? Rhonda said. ?If this [missing chidren] were a disease, there?d be a million dollars in research to find a cure.?

Instead, there?s $80,000 in reward money for anyone with information leading to Kara?s discovery.

Her mother isn?t expecting to find her alive. She hates the word ?closure,? preferring ?resolution.? She just wants to know what happened. She wants to have a funeral so she can say goodbye to her daughter.

She was ?robbed,? Rhonda Beckford told me, while we walked together Sunday, ?of the lifetime of memories I should have had with Kara.?

Meanwhile, Rhonda and Jim hope that someone, somewhere, will come forward to share information. Someone knows something.

?You just keep on keeping on,? Jim Beckford said.

If you know anything that could help solve Kara Kopetsky?s case, call 816-474-TIPS

Age progression

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    so old russy-boy is texting buddies with that monster?

what does indicted mean?

it means ...

that's messed up, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Annnnd here he is again!

Kara's Ex Tells Judge "Eat A Steak For Me" As He's Sentenced To 4 Years Jail

http://fox4kc.com/2013/11/22/kylr-yu...-drug-charges/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. ? The former boyfriend of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky will spend nearly 4 years in prison after being sentenced Friday for a drug trafficking conviction.

Kopetsky?s parents believe Kylr Yust knows what happened to their daughter. Yust, 24, was convicted of receiving designer drugs, which produce effects similar to Ecstasy, in the mail with the intent to sell or distribute it.

On Friday, Yust told a federal judge to: ?Eat a steak for me,? when the judge asked him if he had anything to say before being sentenced.

Yust was Kopetsky?s boyfriend back in 2007 when the Belton girl left school and hasn?t been seen again. Although Yust has never been charged in Kopetsky?s case, she and her mother, Rhonda Beckford, filed for a restraining order against him shortly before she vanished. That order was granted by a judge after police started looking for Kara.

Now that Yust is going behind bars for another crime, Kopetsky?s parents are hopeful new information about their daughter?s disappearance will come to light.

?We?re hoping that when he gets into the federal system that maybe he will feel comfortable enough maybe with his cellmate, maybe one day he will say something to that cellmate, brag about what he did to Kara and maybe that will lead to answers,? Beckford said.

In the years since Kopetsky?s disappearance, Yust has been placed on two years probation after pleading guilty to abusing another girlfriend. According to police reports, Yust claimed he had killed former girlfriends and said he could dispose of body parts by feeding them to pigs at a family farm. He also has been arrested for animal abuse but the charge was later dropped.

The Beckfords want Yust to know they are not going to go away. They will continue to show up when he?s in trouble with the law, as May will mark the seventh anniversary of Kopetsky?s disappearance.
    A few comments at the link from people claiming to be friends of Kylr now or to know him & Kara from school. The one's who claim to know him now think he's hard done by, the ones who knew him at school are glad he's locked up -

frankie November 22, 2013 at 8:03 pm i am a very very close personal friend of kylr and for the people who dont know him personally only what the peole know of him from the media shouldnt be too quick to judge.. good riddance ky ill be here still my friend

dan November 22, 2013 at 9:00 pm Frankie. Did Kylr kill three kittens and strangle a pregnant woman or did he not?

tt November 23, 2013 at 3:28 pm he did

dan November 23, 2013 at 4:14 pm Then he should be locked up the rest of his life.

tt November 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm I knew both of them kara and kylr and Im glad he is in jail. Either way he is getting what he deserves. He may have gotten away with murder but in the end he is paying for his sins. I honestly hope they eat him alive in jail.
    realityeuphoria November 23, 2013 at 4:46 pm Haha he will be out in 18 month?s! You people are weak. He has never been convicted of hurting anybody. Just because you?re charged with a crime doesn?t mean your not innocent. Nobody is perfect including Kylr or any of you people. Keep talking all that smack cause he will be out soon kicking it

Report comment Reply

dan November 24, 2013 at 12:27 am Are you friends with that sick fuck?

Report comment Reply

kylrs bestie November 25, 2013 at 1:53 am i agree with you. i know kylr personally have known him for years now hes awesome just because some bad mishaps happened to him people want to judge him there no proof he done anything besides what the restraining order said and what he confessed to in court i agree that kara needs justice and i hope for her parents sake she recieves it

Report comment Reply

Jly November 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm This has really bothered me since I saw it on TV on Disappeared. I didn?t know this guy abducted her two weeks before and she had to jump out of his car to get away!!! The find Kara website gives that detail. I feel bad for this girl. If you look at her pictures each years her smile gets smaller and smaller until it doesn?t exist.

I hope the police are monitoring these comments. The people defending this guy appear to know more about him personally, so maybe they know what he did with Kara!

I keep praying for her family and hopefully they find her soon! :*(

Report comment Reply

Lark November 24, 2013 at 3:59 am This kid sucks. I sat next to him in class. He bullied the crap out of kids in school. He?d talked some seriously offensive stuff about his girlfriends before at various points. Didn?t know about the animal abuse though. Heard about the strangling through the grapevine.

Kid?s a suck individual. I wish you the best of luck, Kara?s family. My heart goes out to you.

Report comment Reply

John Smith November 24, 2013 at 4:19 pm Mocking the judge sounds like a really stupid thing to do.

Report comment Reply

jcborgy November 24, 2013 at 5:00 pm If Kara was a rich Johnson County girl this would have been solved by now, I?m betting. I really don?t think the police did thier best work on this one. Years after Kara went missing they found a body that was between Kara?s house and the school. The body was there when they initially searched for Kara, evedently they didn?t look that hard or they would have found that body at least. But, what do I know?

Report comment Reply

Cheri November 24, 2013 at 7:08 pm Who was the pregnant woman he strangled and was there any charges brought from that? How can you strangle someone and have it be common knowledge and yet still not be charged with it? Did the victim live or is she ?missing? also?

Report comment Reply

kylrs bestie November 25, 2013 at 1:55 am she wasnt pregnant it was a ploy to get him caught up in shit shes a go go dancer and very much alive

daniel November 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm Kylrs bestie. Did he kill three kittens and strangle a girl or did he not?

He's still got Kara on his my space - not just her real account, but also her mis pers profile.

Kylr's
    https://myspace.com/accoustic_chinch...onnections/out

Kara's original profile
    https://myspace.com/melonmouth08

Kara's missing person profile
    https://myspace.com/findkarakopetsky

Therse were rumours some much older dealer from Belton called Waffles(? I think? or something equally comical & unlikely for a murderous drug dealer) killed Kara & buried her under a porch or something (I'll try & track down links - saw it when I was a lurker). They said that the police could've figured it out pretty quickly if they could be bothered, because so many teens & drug-users around Belton knew. It'd suck for Kylr if that was true, especially if he knew but had stayed quiet out of fear or whatever. He was only a year above Kara in high school afterall.

Then again, Kylr could be the one posting these rumours all over the net ...

This is from a Belton Topix thread (the poster has added their own comments **)
    http://m.topix.com/forum/city/belton...TSUHCMP9TC1/p6
    G Angel | Feb5, 2010
    Belton Police say just six days before Kara's disappearance they arrested Yust for assaulting the missing teen. A restraining order against him levels accusations that he kidnapped her and restrained her on April 28, seven days prior to her disappearance. It also alleges on a separate occasion he choked her and threatened to slit her throat. Yust says the kidnapping allegation was from a night where for a few minutes he would not let her out of his pickup truck, but that he never, ever, had any intention to harm Kara Kopetsky. Police say, even after the incident, Kara continued to call Yust and spend time with him, even after the restraining order was put in place.

"You want something for your story, check this out," Yust said Friday as he rolled up his sleeve and showed a large, healing scar across his forearm *(sounds more like a struggle to me). "I tried to kill myself twice. There you go. That's the night I did it 'cause I wanted her to leave the room so I could do that," Yust said as he ended the interview and walked into a no-alcohol bar where his band was performing Friday night. Police say there was no evidence to support kidnapping charges in connection to the night Yust would not let Kara out of his truck. He does, however, face misdemeanor disorderly conduct and assault charges.

The disappearance of Kara Kopetsky has not been classified as a kidnapping. It remains a missing person case. After calling the police, they organized an army of Kara's cousins, aunts, uncles and friends of the family to knock on doors around Belton, make fliers and T-shirts and call her friends. One of those friends, **Kylr Yust, 18, was Kara's on-again-off-again boyfriend for much of the school year. Anyone who's read Kara's MySpace page knows about the tempestuous Kara-Kylr hookup. Police say that a few days before she disappeared, Kylr and Kara had a dustup that resulted in an order of protection requiring Kylr to stay away from her.

On April 24, Kara wrote: "So life hasn't been the greatest for me lately, over the last 9 months of my life iv dedicated my life to kylr I made no other time for any of my friends nor my family. over those 9 months i forgot the person that I was. im trying to find that person again." **Kylr said Kara was a **"flying by the seat of your pants" girl. "She just wanted to have fun and do everything and experience everything in life," he said. **"She didn't think too forward. She was always in the moment. She didn't think about - what am I gong to do when I grow up.'" He keeps pictures of her on his cell phone. He said she talked of *****running away to Mexico the next time she was punished at home. "Lately I've been kind of depressed about the***** whole thing," he says. "I have no idea where she is."

Friends doubt that Kara ran away, but police have not ruled out the possibility. Spears says there are no suspects in Kara's disappearance; there's no evidence a crime has been committed. Because she's 17, legal age in Missouri, the police couldn't make her come home even if they found her, Spears says. If Kara wanted to vanish without a trace, he says, she could have found a Web site to tell her how.Shame on Spears** She could have bought a pay-as-you-go cell phone that can't be tracked. She could have left behind her clothes and that fresh carton of cigarettes on purpose**. "It complicates the matter and adds to the frustration," Spears says. "Hopefully we can keep her face out in front of the public."
    We missed this too

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Help-fi...510457136&_rdr

Another tragedy in the Kopetsky family. Kara's brother recently passed away.....

Saturday, Jun. 14, 2008 Bradley Harrison Barker

Brad Barker, 19, of Blue Springs, Mo., passed away on June 4, 2008. Graveside services took place on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at Lobb Cemetery.

Memorial contributions may be made to Higher Impact, P.O. Box 117118 Kansas City, MO 64138.

Brad was born on March 22, 1989 in Blue Springs. He was a 2007 graduate of Valley View High School and a member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Indian Tribe. Brad enjoyed playing basketball, riding his bike and listening to music, but most of all, he loved to help his neighbors.

You would usually find him doing handiwork around one of his, or his grandmother’s neighbor’s houses. Brad had such a big heart and would always put everyone else’s needs first. He will be truly missed.

Brad leaves behind his parents Mike and Melinda Kopetsky of Blue Springs; sister, Courtney Barker of Blue Springs; brother, Spc. Tyler Barker, U.S. Army, Iraq; sister, Kara Kopetsky, missing from Belton, Mo., since May 2007; maternal grandparents, Eddie and Juanita Barker of Eufaula, Okla.; aunt Cassie Miller of Kearney, Mo.; uncle Eddy Barker of Lee’s Summit, Mo.; cousin, Jeremy Barker of Independence, Mo.; paternal great-grandmother, Hazel Jeter of Raymore, Mo.; paternal grandparents, Jim and Eleanor Kopetsky of Raymore, Mo.; father, Blaine Asby of Pleasant Hope, Mo.; sister Miranda Vanic of Kansas City, Mo.; sister, Nicole Asby of Pleasant Hope, Mo.; and many other aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Online condolences may be made at www.meyersfuneralchapel.com.

(Arrangements: Meyers Funeral Chapel, 1600 W Main St., Blue Springs, MO 64015, 816-229-3276)

Source: http://www.bluespringsjournal.com/ob...tory/2922.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.

I don't know what's more shocking: the fact that he has Kara on his myspace, or the fact that he still HAS a myspace.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The mental image of a grown man slamming a kittens head into the ground, also gives me the mental image that I am hulk and my muscles could swell and bust out of my skin in rage.

Also, the name Kylr...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    This kylr (KYLR. ) kid is obviously fucked in the head, but what about these dumb bitches who get restraining orders against him, THEN IGNORE THE RESTRAINING ORDERS AND HANG OUT WITH HIM?! how fucking stupid are they?! Dafuq, does this dude have a golden wang or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    This kylr (KYLR. ) kid is obviously fucked in the head, but what about these dumb bitches who get restraining orders against him, THEN IGNORE THE RESTRAINING ORDERS AND HANG OUT WITH HIM?! how fucking stupid are they?! Dafuq, does this dude have a golden wang or something?
    Lol, funny you should mention that. I went back to check for new comments on the latest article & he's got himself a real stalker, I mean winner (it's got to be someone pranking the real Amy Wolters, or faking the whole thing, surely?)

amywolters November 26, 2013 at 11:37 pm why dont you guys actually get to know kylr and not make accusations about him? thats all they are candice (the pregnant girl) was a liar she was seen in facebook photos two days AFTER she susposably miscarried twins at 7 months in a raver pic go go dancing she is just a liar like the media is

Report comment Reply

amywolters November 26, 2013 at 11:52 pm i love kylr and i will do anything to get him out of prison who cares that he sold k2 why have it on the internet if theyre going to crack down on people and compare it to extacy its fucking innocents he is one heavily tattooed sexy 25 yr old man i would do his brians out all night everyone who is hating on him is just jealous they dont know him like i do he is compassionate and sweet and wouldnt hurt anyone who wouldnt hurt him he doesnt know this yet but i am his future girlfriend and when he gets out ill be his future wife with my proposal im sure hell say yes i do hope for karas sake she gets the justice she deserves but blaming my man because he was her last boyfriend before she disappeared is down right wrong nobody knows what happened and his face is so easily to blame because of his past mistakes everyone makes them please if god exists stop this maddness against the infamous kylr so he can go back to being himself and find kara justice her and her family deserve kylr charles yust i love you and ill be here until the end of time well 4 years to marry you and make you feel beautiful agian like you are leave him alone unless you know him

SUPOSABLY

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    SUPOSABLY
    Omg. Friends.

* wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

OMG I thought the same thing when I saw that word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedgirlmjag View Post
    OMG I thought the same thing when I saw that word!!!
    Ahahahahaha! YESSSSSSSS!

I want to know what "doing his brians out" means? Has he got a lot of Irish mates?

While I'm here, found a more recent fb for him -

https://m.facebook.com/kylr.yust.3?i...970444135&_rdr

It's under the name Moonray McFuckin Flanders

He seems to have a new cat too -maybe it's the cat's name?

(there are 2 vids up, but I can't view on this device -wrong Flashplayer)
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-27-2013 at 07:48 PM.

If anyone's near Belton for the 7th anniversary ...

I hope they find her and I hope her family can finally get the justice for her they deserve.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    If anyone's near Belton for the 7th anniversary ...

I had a couple of employees about 5 years ago who went to school with Kara, and at the time ran with Kylr. The kids used to say that he would get drunk and violent. There are still photos up all over, and billboards in the KC Metro--I live east of Belton maybe 20 miles...same.

She's gone...poor family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    I had a couple of employees about 5 years ago who went to school with Kara, and at the time ran with Kylr. The kids used to say that he would get drunk and violent. There are still photos up all over, and billboards in the KC Metro--I live east of Belton maybe 20 miles...same.

She's gone...poor family.
    Didn't he go to the popo? He is a menace to society and he should hang for what he has done. He has no remorse and couldn't give a flying fuck.

Godspeed, Kara

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

BELTON, Mo. - It?s been seven years since Belton, Mo., teen Kara Kopetsky was last seen by her family.

She would have turned 24 years old on Sunday, but instead of a birthday celebration, the family held a walk to remember her and other missing persons.

On May 4, 2007, Kopetsky, who was only 17 years old, went to school, and never came home. Surveillance video shows her there that day, but there are no signs of what may have happened to her after.

Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, still agonizes over what happened to her Kara on that what, and where she might be now. ?As a mother, one day of not knowing where your child is, is a nightmare. So seven is just inconceivable.? Beckford said. ?People don?t disappear into thin air.?

The Kopetsky family has no leads in the case. If you have any information, you are asked to call police.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/05/04/kara-ko...disappearance/

BELTON, Mo. ? Anniversaries tend to mark happy occasions, things worth celebrating. That was not the case Sunday for the family of Kara Kopetsky. The teen disappeared seven years ago on May 4, 2007.

People in Belton still want answers. A group came together to walk for Kara. Many of them held signs with the teen?s picture, the date of her disappearance, and phrases like, ?I would walk forever to bring you home.?

FOX 4?s Megan Dillard spoke with Kara?s mother, Rhonda Beckford.

?It?s really amazing that even after seven years, the support that we have, that all these people continue to show up. Kara?s friends and family have grown in the last seven years even though she hasn?t been here,? said Beckford.

Family friend Ben Rushing said, ?You hear the people honking in the cars, that does great for the support of the people, Jim [Kara?s stepfather] and Rhonda [Kara?s mother] and people that are close in the family, and lets them know people still care about Kara.?

Rushing also talked about the family?s struggle since Kara?s disappearance.

?You don?t ever think about it happening to people you know. You just see it on the news, and it could never happen to anybody you know. Nothing bad like that can happen. Then when it happens, you think, how can they get through that?? said Rushing.

Kara?s stepfather, Jim Beckford, said, ?Once you get thrown into this circle, there?s no real book or manual to tell you what to do. Every case and situation is different.?

He also explained that life has to go on, one way or another.

?Her mom finally washed her clothes and folded them and put them in a tote, you know, it?s Kara?s room,? said Jim.

Kara?s mother had a message for the person who knows what happened to her daughter.

?The time has come to step forward. It?s been seven years. Seven years too long. And if they think I?m going to give up and go away, it ain?t happening. They don?t know me,? she said.

The family has hosted fundraisers and events throughout the years to keep Kara?s name in the public?s eye. Sunday, the family announced a $10,000 addition to the reward money, bringing the total up to $90,000. Kara was 17 year old when she disappeared.

Thread Information