Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Runion's (21) remains were found with another skeleton that is thought to be that of Kara Kopetsky (17), and Kylr Yust (28) is the main suspect in both deaths

Re: Kara Kopetsky - Missing since May 4th, 2007

She is prob dead. If someone is missing for as long as she has been missing, the individual is most likely dead.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=7559.msg1097111#msg1097111 date=1227876319]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1W-Y0YJJnk&eurl=http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/&feature=player_embedded

Just in case the video goes off the site for any reason.

It looks like they aren't having a nice chat. I wonder what was said aswel.
    [/quote]

When her friend starts walking one way and then turns around and starts walking quickly back to Kara, it almost seems that she was either shocked or concerned about what Kara just said.  It def. confirms that (to me at least) when her friend puts her hand to her head, almost in a "you've got to be kidding" sort of way.  Have they ever questioned the girl to what they were talking about?

I wonder who deleted all her myspace friends and why?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7559.msg1201574#msg1201574 date=1235967770]
    I wonder who deleted all her myspace friends and why?
    [/quote]

I've seen people talking about how myspace randomly deletes people sometimes. Do you think they have just all gotten deleted and since she's not adding anyone back she's just down to none?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

No I have myspaces that are 3 years old I never even visit, and they are still up. Not touched  no deletes or anything

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=7559.msg1202033#msg1202033 date=1236009244]
    No I have myspaces that are 3 years old I never even visit, and they are still up
    [/quote]

Hmm, I don't know then. I don't have any friends on my myspace so I don't know much about it. I even deleted Tom.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=7559.msg1202034#msg1202034 date=1236009302]
    Hmm, I don't know then. I don't have any friends on my myspace so I don't know much about it. I even deleted Tom.
    [/quote]I always delete Tom.... he 's fucking annoying

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=7559.msg1202038#msg1202038 date=1236009402]
    I always delete Tom.... he 's fucking annoying

[/quote]

He was gettin' all up in my biz. He had to go.  :lol:

I can't imagine the frustration and sadness of a parent whose child has just disappeared and is never found.

Honestly, I think my is probably my biggest fear.

We lost Drew one time at a little league game. We looked everywhere for an hour at least. Called the po po after about 15 minutes.

Found him asleep in a friends van.

I was fucking frantic.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=7559.msg1202048#msg1202048 date=1236009987]
    Honestly, I think my is probably my biggest fear.

We lost Drew one time at a little league game. We looked everywhere for an hour at least. Called the po po after about 15 minutes.

Found him asleep in a friends van.

I was fucking frantic.
    [/quote]

My grandson disappeared from school once when he was in kindergarten. I went nuts. I was running from room to room screaming his name, opening every door, looking in every nook and cranny. All I could think was that someone within the school had snatched him and killed him and stuffed him somewhere. I'm sure the school employees now speak of me as Alex's lunatic grandma. Turns out he had taken it upon himself to walk home that day.  :|

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=7559.msg1187041#msg1187041 date=1234798020]
    When her friend starts walking one way and then turns around and starts walking quickly back to Kara, it almost seems that she was either shocked or concerned about what Kara just said.  It def. confirms that (to me at least) when her friend puts her hand to her head, almost in a "you've got to be kidding" sort of way.  Have they ever questioned the girl to what they were talking about?
    [/quote]

That is a really good question.  Maybe I'll try to find out if it's written anywhere.

ETA: This is what I found so far:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_ne...ory/149937.html

School video shows Belton’s Kara Kopetsky leaving building

By MEGAN ROLLAND
    The Kansas City Star

Belton police have released a surveillance video showing 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky leaving Belton High School on May 4, the morning she disappeared.

Capt. Don Spears said that there was no camera outside the door she exited, and that police had interviewed students seen in the surveillance with her.

Timmy McMahan, 18, said he appeared in another surveillance video, talking to Kopetsky by a drinking fountain just before 10:30 a.m., when footage shows Kopetsky leaving the school.

“She asked what we were doing that night and said she would call and hang out with us,” McMahan said. She never did.

The video also shows another person talking to Kopetsky as she walked out the door.

Kopetsky’s parents were expecting her to walk home from school that day. Nothing is missing from her room and there has been no activity in her bank account since.

Spears said there were no new developments in the case. Anyone with information are asked to call TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).

This whole page is good: http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t10743.html

Who are the two other kids (male and female) standing at the other end of the hallway, behind the locker? Is that Timmy? They came out of the same room as Kara and her other friend who she is seen to talk to.

I get the impression those other kids are watching this conversation take place and I get the feeling this conversation started in the classroom and perhaps became heated and Kara left. They followed her out into the hallway and the last comments the two girls exchanged is the one captured on the video camera.

I wonder if she called someone to pick her up from school? Doesn't appear to be any other sightings of her actually walking home, only leaving the school building.

April 28th 2009 CNN UPDATE

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/28/grace.coldcase.kopetsky/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

NEW YORK (CNN) -- On May 4, 2007, Kara Kopetsky, a 17-year-old high school junior in Belton, Missouri, was not having a good day.

Kara Kopetsky, 17, left school early in Belton, Missouri, on May 4, 2007, and hasn't been seen since.

She forgot one of her textbooks and called home and asked her mom to drop it off at the school office. She also asked her mother to wash her uniform so she could work the 4 p.m. shift at Popeye's Chicken.

Later that morning, Kara had an argument with one of her teachers in class, according to police and her family. Frustrated, she left campus about 10:30 a.m., ditching school for the rest of the day.

A school surveillance video shows her walking out. But no one can say which way she went, or whether she got into a car.

It was the last time anyone saw or heard from her.

Police say there has been no activity on Kara's cell phone since shortly after she walked out of school. They followed some pings from the phone, conducted some searches, but found nothing significant. Beyond that, they aren't commenting.

Kara's stepfather says the cell phone's long silence makes him suspicious.

"This doesn't make any sense," said Jim Beckford. "Kara was on her cell phone sending texts constantly. Her cell phone bill was typically 80-100 pages long."

When Kara didn't come home from school as usual, her family -- mother Rhonda, stepfather Jim and stepbrother Thomas -- grew worried. They filed a missing persons report later that afternoon.

Police told them they believed Kara was a runaway, and that she'd come back on her own in a few days.

Two years later, her family hasn't heard a word from Kara. She left behind most of her belongings -- money, clothes, iPod and a new carton of cigarettes. Her bank debit card was left in her school locker and her bank account, with $150 from her recent paycheck, remains untouched.

According to police in Belton, the case is being actively investigated. But with no certain evidence of foul play, police continue to characterize Kara's disappearance as an endangered and missing adult case.

The state of Missouri considers Kara Kopetsky to be an adult because she was 17 when she disappeared.

Belton Police Capt. Don Spears said police are looking at several persons of interest, but haven't narrowed their investigation to focus on a single suspect.

Her family says she has no history of running away. They say they fear that she was abducted when she left school that day.

"She is a very beautiful girl and so we often warned her to be careful, but like any teen, she had an attitude that she was invincible," her stepfather said.

About a month after she disappeared, Kara's case was eclipsed by another sensational case -- the abduction and slaying of Kelsey Smith.

Smith was taken from a store parking lot in Overland Park, Kansas, and her body was found in the Missouri woods, six miles from Kara's home in Belton. A suspect was charged, pleaded guilty, and is serving a life sentence.

Police in Belton and Overland Park compared notes but could find no connection.

According to family and police and Kara's MySpace profile, she had an on-again, off-again boyfriend. He lived in her neighborhood, was 18, and attended the same high school but dropped out earlier the spring Kara disappeared.

Kara was trying to end the relationship, friends told police. It is unclear whether the two saw each other the day Kara vanished.

A $30,000 reward is offered for tips leading to the whereabouts of Kara Kopetsky or the arrest of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

Police and family urge people to call the Belton Police Department's tip-line at 816-474-TIPS. Kara is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 125 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes.

:-(

I bet she was kidnapped/killed by a regular customer at the Popeye's she worked at.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=7559.msg1261174#msg1261174 date=1240949878]
    I bet she was kidnapped/killed by a regular customer at the Popeye's she worked at.
    [/quote]

Maybe...

She is 100%, dead tho  :|

I didn't know about this...seems pretty ominous....I would be taking another good hard look at the boyfriend!

On 4-28-07 Kara was abducted by her abusive boyfriend while waiting outside her place of employment for a friend to pick her up after work.  She had to jump from his moving vehicle to get away from him.  The boyfriend was arrested and the following Monday Kara obtained a Order of Protection against him.

Then just 6 days later, she goes missing!

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=7559.msg374048#msg374048 date=1179883117]
    We might be seeing her up on MDS shortly....  :|

Kara Kopetsky

Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/melonmouth08

"The Belton Police Department is asking for help in finding a teenager missing since Friday.

Friends and family said that they are concerned for Kara Kopetsky, who last was seen at school. Anyone who has seen her should call at (916) 331-1500 or the Tips Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (474-8477).

Kara was last seen on May 4, 2007 at Belton High School around 10:30 am. Kara was wearing a blue and white polka dot top. Kara has not been seen or heard from since.

Blog:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=764809 10&blogID=257237906&MyToken=5b28336b-6f3d-496a-8375-fd6824f679e7

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

finding myself
    Current mood: tired

so life hasn't been the greatest for me latley. over the last 9 months of my life iv dedicated my life to kylr. thats all i ever hung out with. i made no other time for any of my friends nor my family. over those 9 months i forgot the person that i was. i wasn't true to myself or anyone else around me. im trying to find that person again. the person that i was happy with. the person that lived her life for herself. with no regrets. i pretty much lost all the people that were my true friends. i feel so alone. but sometimes when things are scary, they're for the best.

[/quote]

[quote author=weezl link=topic=7559.msg1590242#msg1590242 date=1270732956]
    I didn't know about this...seems pretty ominous....I would be taking another good hard look at the boyfriend!

On 4-28-07 Kara was abducted by her abusive boyfriend while waiting outside her place of employment for a friend to pick her up after work.  She had to jump from his moving vehicle to get away from him.  The boyfriend was arrested and the following Monday Kara obtained a Order of Protection against him.

Then just 6 days later, she goes missing!
    [/quote]

:|

ominous indeed. From the lastest news up-dates it would seem pretty clear L.E also presume she has been murdered.

recent up-dates on the Kara Kopetesky case:

Authorities Search Wooded Area For Kara Kopetsky
    Belton Teen Missing Since 2007

POSTED: 10:53 am CDT April 7, 2010
    UPDATED: 7:39 pm CDT April 7, 2010

facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› Print
    GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- Federal and local officials searched a wooded area near Belton on Wednesday looking for missing teen Kara Kopetsky.

Kopetsky went missing from Belton on May 4, 2007, and was last seen at Belton High School.

FBI officials confirmed that more than 200 FBI agents, Belton police, Cass County Sheriff's officers and U.S. Marines fanned out in lines and searched an area near 155th Street and N. Scott Road. There is no word on what prompted Wednesday's search.

"This is not new lead information, this area has been searched before, but not as thoroughly as it is being searched today," said FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton. "If you look outside it's gorgeous day. And what we have is proper conditions with the environment to conduct a more thorough search."

"As a mother, you just take it day by day," said Kopetsky's mother, Rhonda Beckford. "You get up every day and think maybe this day I will get answers."

Surveillance video of Kopetsky shows her at Belton High School on Nov. 4 and is the last evidence of her being seen.

"I take it (the search) as a hopeful sign they are still looking and still trying to find her," Beckford said.

The reward in the case is at $30,000.

Kopetsky's family will be conducting a walkathon on May 2 at 2 p.m. at the Cedar Tree Shopping Center in Belton.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23078314/detail.html
    New Search Launched for Missouri Girl Missing for Nearly 3 Years
    Updated April 07, 2010

Kara Kopetsky, 17, vanished early in May 2007 from her hometown of Belton, Mo. Her last confirmed sighting was at her high school, there were also reports that she was spotted two days later at an area gas station in Lewisburg, Mo., on the same day her cell phone and debit card were last used.

Over 200 law enforcement officials in Missouri embarked Wednesday on an intensive new search for a teen girl last seen nearly three years ago -- but by the end of the day, authorities still were left without a break in the case.

Kara Kopetsky, 17, vanished early in May 2007 from her hometown of Belton, Mo. The FBI downplayed speculation that there were new leads in the case, as authorities said they wanted to take advantage of ground conditions to go over an area that had been searched before, Fox4KC.com reports.

Missouri Police from Kansas City, Belton and Cass County, as well as the FBI and a number of United States Marines, participated in the search of a 400-acre wooded area near the former Richards-Gebaur airport.

FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said the area had been searched before, but "never a shoulder-to-shoulder grid search," KansasCity.com reports.

"We had this information, but based upon the weather right now, the foliage is dead, there's no snow on the ground, the actually weather, the environment, leads to a more thorough search at this point," Patton told Fox4KC.com.

Kopetsky's last confirmed sighting was at her high school, but there were also reports that she was spotted two days later at an area gas station in Lewisburg, Mo., on the same day her cell phone and debit card were last used.

The teen's mother, Rhonda Beckford, said her daughter had called that morning to ask her to bring her history textbook to school and wash her work uniform, but she never arrived at work that afternoon.

In June 2007, Missouri police released a surveillance video in hopes it would offer clues about the teenage girl's disappearance. The video showed Kopetsky at her high school the morning of May 2, 2007, the last time she was seen.

Kopetsky disappeared about six miles from where 18-year-old Kelsey Smith's body was found. Smith was abducted from Overland Park, Ill. Edwin R. Hall, 26, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for her kidnapping, rape and murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/07...-nearly-years/

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-story-search-kopetsky-case-082810,0,387641.story

Authorities in Johnson County, Kansas, are searching are an area in the eastern part of the county after receiving a grim tip in the search for missing Belton High School student Kara Kopetsky.

Johnson County Sheriff's deputies on Saturday searched an area very close to where the missing teen vanished nearly three-and-a-half years ago. Sheriff Tom Erikson says it's been more than a decade since Johnson County has performed such an exhaustive search on such a grand scale.

Erikson says sheriff's deputies along with three separate fire companies have been searching through the dense weed and brush for a week.

"Anytime you hear on the news that they're searching for a body, that they got a tip that there's a body, of course it goes through your mind especially since it's so close," said Rhonda Beckford, Kopetsky's mother. "It could possibly be Kara."

Authorities have searched an abandoned building, and have drained two ponds in the area without any results as of yet.

Kara Kopetsky mysteriously vanished just over three years ago. Surveillance video shows Kopetsky walking out of school.

"We need resolution," said Beckford. She says that three-and-a-half years of searching have taken their toll, and this latest search still may not provide any answers.

"You get up in the morning and it's the same question every day," said Beckford. "Where is Kara?"

Hello. I am new here. I am assisting the family in finding Kara. I can be seen at http://herbertwest3rd.blogspot.com/ I have a article and post there showing information about the case. Just follow down the articles to the article post about Kara. I hope that her mom can get answers soon. Herbert West 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West 3rd View Post
    Hello. I am new here. I am assisting the family in finding Kara. I can be seen at http://herbertwest3rd.blogspot.com/ I have a article and post there showing information about the case. Just follow down the articles to the article post about Kara. I hope that her mom can get answers soon. Herbert West 3rd.
    I think about Kara often.....such a sad mystery. I also wanted to welcome you here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West 3rd View Post
    Hi there. I was reading your blog, but I'm getting a bit confused...was Kyle Kelly Kara's boyfriend?

I too am intrigued by this case, and am hoping for Kara's return. It's soooo sad, and I can't believe it's been so long...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

i was watching disappeared about her,i googled her to see if there was anything new.

Photo of woman who looks like Kara Kopetsky has Belton talking

BELTON, MO (KCTV) -

It has been more than five years since Kara Kopetsky disappeared outside Belton High School, but a new photo had some believing she might be in Indianapolis.

The Belton Police Department continues to investigate a mother arrested in Indianapolis with similar features to Kopetsky, but at this point they believe she is not Kopetsky.

However, the picture has a lot of people in Belton talking.

"They had gotten a tip that they thought this girl was Kara," Kopetsky's mother, Rhonda Beckford, said.

Kopetsky's mother said she knew it wasn't her daughter, but said she did have to study the picture.

"She definitely resembles Kara, especially if you figure that maybe after five years Kara will have changed. Possibly lost a lot of weight you know," Beckford said.

Jim Beckford, Kopetsky's stepfather, says he noticed the resemblances too.

"But when I looked in her eyes, they were different," Jim Beckford said.

It has been a difficult five years for the family, but they are happy that people still continue to search and care about Kopetsky.

"Of course we're happy that people are still looking for Kara. We still really have no idea what happened to her," Rhonda Beckford said.

Kopetsky's family encourages everyone to bring questions forward about her disappearance.

"It gets Kara's name and face back out into the public, and we're grateful that people know who Kara Kopetsky is," Jim Beckford said.

An $80,000 reward is available leading to information on Kopetsky's whereabouts.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19350101/kara-kopetsky

there was another article that said dogs found her scent in a abandoned house. writing on the walls said she was gone and they did it.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A civilian cadaver dog working as part of a secret Kara Kopetsky sleuth group has made a “hit” on an occupied home and members of that group say Belton police are threatening them with a grand jury aimed at exposing their identities and their efforts to find the missing teenager.

“I think there's a possibility that yeah, she could possibly be there,” Kara’s mom, Rhonda Beckford told the 41 Action News Investigators shortly after our cameras documented the cadaver dog signaling its trainer.

Beckford fears police threats against members of the secret group could halt progress in the search for clues that could explain what happened to the teenager the day she disappeared in May 2007.

“From what I've been told from the individuals, yeah I do believe that they've been trying to intimidate them and scare them off so they'll quite helping us,” Beckford said Jim Beckford, Kara’s stepfather said.

Belton police have declined requests from 41 Action News for interviews, but the police chief says officers are in talks with Cass County Prosecutor Teresa Hensley about a possible grand jury investigation.

Hensley's office said police have not submitted any information supporting a grand jury investigation request.

"She hasn’t threatened anyone and she hasn’t given the police permission," Hensley's spokeswoman Georgia Sanders told the 41 Action News Investigators shortly before the story was broadcast. "There’s been nothing submitted to us at all."

Sanders said Hensley would meet with the Beckfords to discuss the case.

The department, which has been criticized for treating the case like a runaway instead of abduction, issued a written statement.

“The Belton MO Police Department has had conversations with the Cass County Prosecutor’s office about the possibility of utilizing the grand jury to question otherwise uncooperative potential witnesses,” said Police Chief James Person. “The Belton MO Police Department remains committed to the investigation into the disappearance of Kara Kopetsky.”

Sanders could not rule out the possibility some officer may have spoken to someone in the office, but said Hensley said there is no plan for a grand jury.

Some of the Kopetsky sleuths are retired law enforcement officers, others bring civilian expertise in psychology, research, or, like the woman leading the cadaver dog the night our cameras followed the search, help search for human remains.

The group came together as an earlier 41 Action News investigation identified what police experts called missteps in Belton’s investigation into Kopetsky’s disappearance.

In addition to a reported confession, the 41 Action News investigation identified a box of Kara’s possessions turned in to police two years after her disappearance, a report that Belton police did not return calls about suspicious behavior the day after she vanished, an official report that puts Kara’s initial disappearance two days earlier than previously reported, and other evidence never made public until now.

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/Kopetskyfamilyangered

In addition to body searches, group members have interviewed people who knew Kara and her friends at the time she disappeared, reviewed extensive police reports related to the case created by the Kansas City Police Department, researched internet chatter, followed-up on town gossip, and explored areas with ghoulish graffiti looking for clues.

Our cameras followed group members inside an abandoned building that looked like the set of a horror film. The walls are sprayed with satanic messages and references to Kopetsky.

“This here says, ‘Kara is gone,” said a group member, who like all members says they fear reprisal from police or suspects in the case and do not want to be identified. “It says,' I did it.'”

Although it was daylight outside, the corridors in the building were so dark, we needed several flash lights to make our way through the halls and rooms with spray paint covered walls.

One hallway has “Murder makes me happy” spray painted sideways next to references of death and Satan.

Is it the work of attention-seeking kids, or could the building be linked to Kara’s disappearance?

The Kopetsky sleuths don’t know.

Kara Kopetsky may be best remembered from the Belton High School video that shows her the day she disappeared in May 2007. Kara vanished just days after she filed a restraining order against her boyfriend, Kylr Yust, alleging he kidnapped her, restrained her, and threatened to slit her throat.

Last year, Yust pleaded guilty to domestic assault on a new girlfriend.

“I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy,” a report quotes the victim as telling police Yust said during the attack. “I will kill you.”

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/NewClueinKopetskyCase

Belton police have said Yust passed a lie detector test and had an alibi in the Kopetsky case.

The family flies a flag with Kara’s picture outside her home and new family heirlooms are further proof they haven’t

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...sky-feb2012swp

Thread Information