Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Runion's (21) remains were found with another skeleton that is thought to be that of Kara Kopetsky (17), and Kylr Yust (28) is the main suspect in both deaths

Kara Kopetsky - Missing since May 4th, 2007

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...in_both_deaths

We might be seeing her up on MDS shortly....  :|

Kara Kopetsky

Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/melonmouth08

"The Belton Police Department is asking for help in finding a teenager missing since Friday.

Friends and family said that they are concerned for Kara Kopetsky, who last was seen at school. Anyone who has seen her should call at (916) 331-1500 or the Tips Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (474-8477).

Kara was last seen on May 4, 2007 at Belton High School around 10:30 am. Kara was wearing a blue and white polka dot top. Kara has not been seen or heard from since.

Blog:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...5-fd6824f679e7

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

finding myself
    Current mood: tired

so life hasn't been the greatest for me latley. over the last 9 months of my life iv dedicated my life to kylr. thats all i ever hung out with. i made no other time for any of my friends nor my family. over those 9 months i forgot the person that i was. i wasn't true to myself or anyone else around me. im trying to find that person again. the person that i was happy with. the person that lived her life for herself. with no regrets. i pretty much lost all the people that were my true friends. i feel so alone. but sometimes when things are scary, they're for the best.

Last edited by Olivia; 04-10-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Re: Missing Girl......with an eery blog. Kara Kopetsky

Yikes:

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/lo...4-99f153b84d86

BELTON, Mo. – Belton Police believe Kara Kopetsky was seen on Thursday in Louisburg, Kan. in the company of a young man.

Kopetsky, 17, was reported missing earlier this month. She was last seen before her disappearance at Belton High School on May 4. She is described as a white female standing 5-foot-5 and 125 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair.
    Honey, I think a wizard froze the cat...<br />

IF she's ok, and just took off with a boy??? OMG, if she were my daughter, I'd kill her after they brought her back home.&nbsp; :|

At least call your family or something, that's crazy.

you may be right andrea.&nbsp; no cell phone activity you know somethings wrong.&nbsp;

http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=7559.msg374065#msg374065 date=1179883629]
    you may be right andrea.&nbsp; no cell phone activity you know somethings wrong.

http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/
    [/quote]
    Isn't that the truth!?

For her sake, I hope that she's not been taken against her will.&nbsp;

If she went willingly,&nbsp; , that's a horrible thing to do to your family and friends.&nbsp; Granted, from the responses she received on her blog, her friends don't sound all that supportive.&nbsp; But still.&nbsp; Let somebody know you're ok.&nbsp;

I hope that she is ok.&nbsp; The guy she was last seen with resembles &quot;Bat Boy&quot;

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

I have nothing worthwhile to add to this as of right now, I just am intrigued and want notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

May 8, 2007 2:37 PM
    doesnt she work up at dairy queen....

omfg i remember kara from 6th grade i never did like her but wow i am really worried i will stick that up so that every one will no to look for her

when did she become missing.
    just wondering...

http://comment.myspace.com/Modules/Comments/Pages/ViewComments.aspx?%3ffuseaction=user.viewComments& amp;friendID=121132037&amp;MyToken=60869d18-54d7-4ffc-9483-d26352ccfe63

Rolling my eyes....god
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Missing teen had restraining order against ex-boyfriend
    BELTON, Mo. – Court documents reveal accusations of kidnapping and a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend of a missing Belton teen.
    “The cops have already done a lie-detector test and, if you want, ask them about that record,&quot; says 18-year-old Kylr Yust, the missing girl's ex-boyfriend.

Police confirm he did pass a lie-detector test in connection with Kara Kopetsky's disappearance and say he has an alibi. He was not in Belton when the 17-year-old disappeared.

Police say he has cooperated throughout the investigation.

&quot;I have been because I don't know anything about where she is or about what happened,” Yust says. “I wish I did.&quot;

The young man goes on to explain.

&quot;They said I was a suspect because of prior happenings not because of anything that would point to me having anything to do with her disappearing now,&quot; he says.

Kara posted multiple pictures of herself on her MySpace page, which police say has not been accessed since she disappeared last Friday.

She has not used her cell phone or her ATM card since she disappeared in the middle of the school day at Belton High school either.

On MySpace, she wrote that most of the past year she had dedicated her life to Kylr.

Belton Police say just six days before Kara's disappearance they arrested Yust for assaulting the missing teen.

A restraining order against him levels accusations that he kidnapped her and restrained her on April 28, seven days prior to her disappearance. It also alleges on a separate occasion he choked her and threatened to slit her throat.

Yust says the kidnapping allegation was from a night where for a few minutes he would not let her out of his pickup truck, but that he never, ever, had any intention to harm Kara Kopetsky.

Police say, even after the incident, Kara continued to call Yust and spend time with him, even after the restraining order was put in place.

&quot;You want something for your story, check this out,&quot; Yust said Friday as he rolled up his sleeve and showed a large, healing scar across his forearm.

&quot;I tried to kill myself twice. There you go. That's the night I did it 'cause I wanted her to leave the room so I could do that,&quot; Yust said as he ended the interview and walked into a no-alcohol bar where his band was performing Friday night.

Police say there was no evidence to support kidnapping charges in connection to the night Yust would not let Kara out of his truck. He does, however, face misdemeanor disorderly conduct and assault charges.

The disappearance of Kara Kopetsky has not been classified as a kidnapping. It remains a missing person case.
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=9c1abb17-6dee-4e8b-a773-63b3e0c42b79

Ex-Boyfriend sounds like he is a real winner!!

[quote author=angel_kisses1025 link=topic=7559.msg374118#msg374118 date=1179884497]
    I hope that she is ok.&nbsp; The guy she was last seen with resembles &quot;Bat Boy&quot;
    [/quote]

You mean this hottie?

I found this one to be rather odd too.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =190669896&amp;MyToken=0582bdeb-93a2-4b61-91f2-9375042b0c14

[quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=7559.msg376266#msg376266 date=1179963105]
    I found this one to be rather odd too.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =190669896&amp;MyToken=0582bdeb-93a2-4b61-91f2-9375042b0c14
    [/quote]
    Yikes.&nbsp; The missing daughter is 17 and the mom is 33.&nbsp; That kind of age difference always freaks me out...sorry.&nbsp; :|

Mom obviously wrote the about me portion...

HELLO, MY NAME IS AMBER LEE SANTELLA. I RAN AWAY FROM HOME IN WASHINGTON NJ (WARREN COUNTY)NJ ON MARCH 30, 2007. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING. HONESTLY I KNOW I GOT INVOLVED WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE. I THOUGHT THEY WERE MY FRIENDS BUT THEY TURNED OUT TO BE REALLY BAD. I GOT INVOLVED IN A LOT OF THINGS I SHOULDNT HAVE, MY HEAD GOT ALL CONFUSED. I DID SOMETHING THAT I BELIEVE IS GOING TO HURT MY MOM SO BAD THAT I GOT SCARED AND RAN AWAY. I DIDNT HAVE THE HEART OR NERVE TO FACE HER. SHE ALWAYS HAS STOOD BY MY SIDE NO MATTER WHAT, EVEN WHEN I GAVE HER NOTHING BUT A HARD TIME, AND I DIDNT WANT TO SEE THE DISSAPOINTMENT IN HER EYES. SO MY ADULT FRIENDS AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BEST IF I JUST RAN AWAY UNTIL THIS WAS ALL OVER. THEY HELPED ME, BUT THEY WERE WRONG FOR DOING IT, I KNOW THAT NOW. I ALSO DID AND SAID THINGS THAT GOT MY MOM IN ALOT OF TROUBLE. I DIDNT MEAN IT, I KNOW I LIED BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE SHE WILL HATE ME. I REALLY WANT TO GO HOME BUT I AM SO CONFUSED I JUST CANT FIND MY WAY BACK. BAD THINGS ARE HAPPENING ALL AROUND ME, AND THERE ARE ALOT OF BAD PEOPLE INVOLVED IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES AROUND ME. I AM ONLY 17, I'M NOT EVEN AN ADULT YET BUT THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE. I HAVE NO ONE TO LISTEN TO NOW EXCEPT THEM AND IT IS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER EVERY DAY FOR ME TO HEAR MY MOM'S VOICE IN MY HEAD. YESTURDAY WAS MOTHER'S DAY. THE FIRST I WASNT THERE FOR HER. I AM SURE SHE WAS SO SAD BECAUSE OF ME. THAT ONLY MAKES ME FEEL WORSE. I WAS THE ONE WHO ALWAYS DID SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR HER AND NOW THAT I'M GONE, I KNOW SHE MUST HAVE FELT SO BAD. THIS MAKES ME FEEL WORSE AND MAKES IT HARDER FOR ME TO FIND MY WAY HOME ALONE. I'M SURE MY SISTER AND BROTHER MISS ME SO MUCH. EVEN THOUGH WE USED TO FIGHT ALL THE TIME WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO IT WE STUCK BY EACH OTHER AND LOVED EACH OTHER VERY MUCH. I'M SURE THEY ARE MAD AT ME TOO FOR DOING THIS TO MOM AND TO THE WHOLE FAMILY. I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT MY MOM TRIED TO BE THE BEST MOM POSSIBLE FOR US AND FOR ME ESPECIALLY AND IT MAKES ME FEEL WORSE WHEN I THINK OF THAT. SO PLEASE IF YOU KNOW WHERE I AM OR HAVE SEEN ME PLEASE CALL THE NUMBERS LISTED HERE ON MY SPACE. IT MAY SEEM LIKE I DONT WANT TO GO HOME,BUT THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO BLOCK THINGS OUT AND YOU ARE TRYING TO SURVIVE WITH A TERRIBLE SECRET. IF YOU ARE MY FRIEND PLEASE DONT LISTEN WHEN I SAY I DONT EVER WANT TO GO BACK. THAT IS NOT ME THAT IS TALKING. I WILL LOVE YOU AND APPRECITATE YOU SO MUCH MORE LATER DOWN THE ROAD IF YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP ME GET HOME. I JUST DONT REALIZE IT YET BECAUSE MY HEAD IS SO CONFUSED. I FEEL LIKE THERE IS NO WHERE TO TURN. I WISH MY MOM WAS HERE RIGHT NOW. PLEASE IF YOU CARE OR LOVE ME HELP ME. IN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW I NEED IT. AND IN MINE I KNOW IT TOO, I JUST CANT DO IT. I DONT WANT TO LET EVERYONE DOWN BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'VE ALREADY DONE THAT SO MANY TIMES BEFORE. HELP ME GET HOME. AND MAMA I DO LOVE YOU. I KNOW YOU KNOW THAT. I AM SORRY. I KNOW YOU LOVE ME TOO, NO MATTER WHAT I'VE DONE. I WILL COME HOME I PROMISE, SOMEONE WILL HELP ME. I MISS YOU SO MUCH. I CAN FEEL YOUR BROKEN HEART AND MY HEART FEELS THE SAME WAY. WE CAN START ALL OVER AGAIN I KNOW WE CAN. HOPEFULLY, I WILL SEE YOU SOON. I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ME AND HELP ME FIND MY WAY BACK TO YOUR ARMS. I LOVE YOU MOMMY. PLEASE GOOGLE AMBER SANTELLA AND ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO HELP ME GET HOME WILL COME UP. PLEASE CONTACT THE NJ MISSING PERSONS UNIT, THEY WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HELP ME GET HOME. ALSO PLEASE CHECK MY PICS AS THE INFORMATION IS THERE ALSO. THANKS FOR BEING SUCH GOOD PEOPLE AND THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD. I MAY SEEM MAD NOW BUT I WILL LOVE YOU SO MUCH MORE FOR HELPING ME WHEN I GET HOME AND MY MOM HELPS ME SORT THINGS OUT.

Why do people do this?&nbsp; Mom seems a little whacky.&nbsp;

Maybe daughter decided to call it a day and take off?

Kara Kopetsky - Missing since May 4th, 2007

Kara Kopetsky

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =378286545

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =194064105

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t10743.html

Re: Kara Kopetsky - Missing since May 4th, 2007

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=7559.0
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/604165.html

Family and friends of missing teen share an unwanted bond
    By KEVIN HOFFMANN
    The Kansas City Star

Rhonda Beckford still pays the bill for her daughter’s cell phone, but Kara Kopetsky has not answered that phone for a year now.

Undeterred, Beckford puts the $49.57 on her debit card each month. She even dialed the number about a month ago. Just in case. As with countless other calls over the past year, it rolled into Kara’s voice mail.

In that sense, nothing has changed since Kara vanished that Friday — May 4, 2007.

Security cameras captured her in Belton High School, heading for an exit. That was the last she was seen, as far as anybody knows. Police have no better idea of her whereabouts today than the day they got the call. Tips and sightings come in and are investigated, they say, but don’t lead anywhere. In that sense, too, nothing has changed.

But in many other ways, things have changed in the past year for Kara’s family and friends.

“Just watching the news is different … you empathize more,” Beckford said. “Before, you would see something and change the channel because it doesn’t affect you.”

Indeed, Beckford now finds herself connected to strangers in the news, whether it’s a relative of a missing person or anybody who has suffered the loss of a loved one. In the past 12 months, Beckford and her husband — Kara’s stepfather, Jim Beckford — met relatives of more than a half-dozen other well-known missing people or crime victims such as Shawn Hornbeck, Kelsey Smith, Summer Shipp, Sam and Lindsey Porter and others.

“It helps to talk to people who understand how you feel,” Rhonda Beckford said.

At first, she didn’t realize that. In the weeks after Kara disappeared, Rhonda Beckford received a call from Pam Akers, the mother of Hornbeck, a St. Louis area teenager. He was missing for more than four years until found alive in 2007.

“She wanted to know if there was anything the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation could do for us,” Beckford said. “At that time, I had a lot of people calling asking if they could help. All I could say is, ‘Tell me where Kara is.’ I didn’t know what else to say.”

As the months passed, Beckford learned to accept support from Akers, such as learning new ways to keep Kara’s face in front of the public. Recently, the Beckfords traveled across the state to meet with Akers after learning that Kara’s photo would grace the hood of a race car motoring around dirt tracks of Missouri.

“People in these situations need to pull together and rely on each other,” said Jim Beckford.

While the Beckfords now find themselves part of a community that shares an unwanted bond, they also find themselves the objects of interest for strangers.

“We go anywhere at all, and you can tell people recognize us,” Rhonda Beckford said.

Some people approach, offering sympathy and prayers. Some, perhaps in an awkward attempt to provide hope, speculate that Kara simply ran away. Rhonda Beckford usually smiles and says, “Thanks.” Instead, she would like to tell those strangers that her daughter didn’t run away.

The Beckfords have grown accustomed to such moments, even at United Parcel Service in Lenexa, where they have worked a combined 32 years.

“A lot of people at work say, ‘We don’t know how to talk to you; we don’t know what to say,’ ” Jim Beckford said. “I tell them, ‘Talk to us like you always do. It’s OK to talk about it.’ ”

More at link.

Kelsey Smith Found but Kara Kopetsky Still Missing
    Thursday June 7, 2007
    News of 18-year-old Kelsey Smith's kidnapping from an Overland Park Target on June 2nd made national news this week as family, friends, police and the entire metro area searched for her whereabouts and prayed for her safe return. Sadly enough, Kelsey's body was found at Longview Lake on Wednesday, June 6th with police later announcing that Kelsey had be strangled within a few hours of her abduction from Target. Edwin R. Hall, 26, who's seen on security cameras leaving Target after Kelsey has been charged with 1st degree murder and aggravated kidnapping. The police are also keeping mum on the connection between Kelsey and Edwin--did he know her or was this just a random act of violence?
    Coincidently, the disappearance of 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky from Belton High School, one month from the date of Kelsey's disappearance, is also making headlines. If you've seen the police sketch of Kara's abductor, it eerily resembles that of Edwin Hall. Could there be a possible link to both teens disappearances?

If you have any further information on Kara Kopetsky's whereabouts, contact the Belton Police Department or the TIPS Hotline at 816.474.TIPS.

For further information on Kara, visit the family's website dedicated to finding her -- findkarakopetsky.com

http://kansascity.about.com/b/2007/06/07/kelsey-smith-found-but-kara-kopetsky-still-missing.htm

&nbsp; What do you think? I'm on the fence. I see the resemeblence.but he is in his mid twenties not a teen...but then again people card me....So it's possible that the eye witness' thought he was younger..
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

The drawing does make the person look alot younger. The lad in the photos face looks more structured, i would never of guessed he was guy. I wonder how her mum is going to cope, she seemed to feel guilty.

I don't know why i didn't google her again sooner, i normally try to with missing cases.

r.i.p Kara

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=7559.msg1091952#msg1091952 date=1227553345]
    The drawing does make the person look alot younger. The lad in the photos face looks more structured, i would never of guessed he was guy. I wonder how her mum is going to cope, she seemed to feel guilty.

I don't know why i didn't google her again sooner, i normally try to with missing cases.

r.i.p Kara
    [/quote]

I was reading comments on another site and people were saying that the hair was different. In his mug shot you can tell he'd just had a hair cut.&nbsp; :| But when I look at the drawing I see a strong emphasis on the jaw bone area being really narrow. and Edwin's is real thick. also drawing has a thin upper lip and he has a thicker upper lip..but than again when you glance at someone you don't know You pick up their most dominate features...until you get to know them. I think the eyes are similiar and the nose are similiar...but I dunno.&nbsp; I wish someone would let her family know something. I can't imagine not knowing how my kids are doing..actualy I can and that part is way worse. atleast I knew mine were safe...I can't imagine not knowing if they're dead or alive.

I wonder if the parents of these missing kids seek mental health treatment? I know in my personal life the situation I'm currently in with my kids most days I feel like giving up, but theres a part of me that says I can't. I feel consumed. I don't know how these parents go on for years being consumed with out giving up or feeling frustrated. I am in therapy for what my therapist calls &quot;my trauma&quot; but mines not comparable.. Like i said atleast I know mine are still alive.

I hope the mom seeks help if she isn't.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

[quote author=Demented Doll link=topic=7559.msg1091994#msg1091994 date=1227554312]
    I was reading comments on another site and people were saying that the hair was different. In his mug shot you can tell he'd just had a hair cut.&nbsp; :| But when I look at the drawing I see a strong emphasis on the jaw bone area being really narrow. and Edwin's is real thick. also drawing has a thin upper lip and he has a thicker upper lip..but than again when you glance at someone you don't know You pick up their most dominate features...until you get to know them. I think the eyes are similiar and the nose are similiar...but I dunno.&nbsp;&nbsp; I wish someone would let her family know something. I can't imagine not knowing how my kids are doing..actualy I can and that part is way worse. atleast I knew mine were safe...I can't imagine not knowing if they're dead or alive.

I wonder if the parents of these missing kids seek mental health treatment? I know in my personal life the situation I'm currently in with my kids most days I feel like giving up, but theres a part of me that says I can't. I feel consumed. I don't know how these parents go on for years being consumed with out giving up or feeling frustrated. I am in therapy for what my therapist calls &quot;my trauma&quot; but mines not comparable.. Like i said atleast I know mine are still alive.

I hope the mom seeks help if she isn't.
    [/quote]

Thats just what i thought, guess the person hadn't got a good look. I'd like to think you'd remember things like a distintive jaw line when doing efit but i guess you don't know till it happens to you.

I don't have children but even the thought of one of my close friends going missing and not knowing what had happened could be soul distorying.
    I hope her family and friends get some kind of treatment, even someone to just sit and talk to about it all, too be there for them. I hope yours is helping you too Demented Doll&nbsp;

in the video on http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/ it shows her last known movements at school - now what I find strange is see how her friend reacts to something kara says - the hand goes to the head as though she has just heard something that makes her upset and she doesn't know what to do about it....would love to know what that last conversation was about
    RIP Ben - 15 years is so young to be taken away from us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1W-Y0YJJnk&amp;eurl=http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/&amp;feature=player_embedded

Just in case the video goes off the site for any reason.

It looks like they aren't having a nice chat. I wonder what was said aswel.

A very generous temporary additional $50,000 reward is offered for Kara's safe return by her birthday on 2/17/09

http://findkarakopetsky.com/

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=7559.msg1183064#msg1183064 date=1234458612]
    A very generous temporary additional $50,000 reward is offered for Kara's safe return by her birthday on 2/17/09

http://findkarakopetsky.com/
    [/quote]

I have to say that rewards for 'safe return' of someone who is clearly dead make me laugh. People who offer those are trying to act like the big shot without having to spend a dime.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=7559.msg1183076#msg1183076 date=1234459130]
    I have to say that rewards for 'safe return' of someone who is clearly dead make me laugh. People who offer those are trying to act like the big shot without having to spend a dime.
    [/quote]

You are very right, I guess they are doing it for the family not Kara. Even if she was taken by someone its not going to make them give her up is it. They should offer the money to anyone with information that leads to a conviction.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=7559.msg1183087#msg1183087 date=1234459622]
    You are very right, I guess they are doing it for the family not Kara. Even if she was taken by someone its not going to make them give her up is it. They should offer the money to anyone with information that leads to a conviction.
    [/quote]

Yeah, in my view the only rewards with meat are the ones that are for information. That safe return BS I don't get at all.

Thread Information