Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Pracht (25) found dead almost four years after he went missing

Eric Pracht (25) found dead almost four years after he went missing

https://www.facebook.com/eric.pracht.7?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FindEricPracht/

Eric was last seen walking through the Lakewood Vista Condominiums at Green Mountain near Alameda and Jewell at approx. 12:30 AM. Eric was barefoot at the time carrying only his keys, cell phone and wallet. Eric is a paramedic and his fianc?, family/friends, and coworkers describe him as a very responsible person who would never miss work.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34671/1/

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...pracht-n635816

It's been nearly one month since Colorado paramedic Eric Pracht walked out of his home and vanished.

The last time anyone saw Eric, who works for the South Park Ambulance District, was just before midnight on July 22, 2016. The 25-year-old and his fianc?e had some friends over that Friday night to his Lakewood condominium. After some drinking, the talk turned to the recent police shootings, officials say.

"He was upset over the recent shootings against police and things got a little heated," Steve Davis, Public Information Office for the Lakewood Police Department, told Dateline. "He was reportedly concerned because he wears a uniform and thought he could become a target of some kind."

After Eric and fianc?e went to take out the trash, he told her he needed to take a short walk to get some air, according to police. She went back inside. He didn't come back.

Authorities say foul play has not been ruled out, but there is no indication any harm has come to Eric either. In fact, there have been no real clues at all.

"He never had any talk of suicidal thoughts or anything like that. It's almost as if he just walked away," said Davis.

The days after Eric's disappearance were filled with volunteer searches surrounding his apartment complex. Authorities also brought in cadaver dogs to see if they could get the scent of where Eric may have headed.

Nothing turned up.

"We've exhausted all leads and haven't come up with anything," said Davis. There has been no activity on Eric's cell phone, credit and debit cards or his social media pages. Police are hoping anyone out there who may have seen anything will come forward.

Family members have told local media outlets the disappearance is extremely out of character for Eric, who loved his job and has never done anything like this in the past.

Eric Pracht is described as 5'11" tall, weighing 150 lbs. with blond hair and blue eyes. If you have any information regarding his whereabouts, you're urged to contact the Lakewood Police Department at (303) 987-7111.

Hmmm. His missing person FB group is gone but he still seems to be missing.

The trail has grown cold in the disturbing disappearance of 25-year-old Eric Pracht.

?Very troubling and very unusual. It?s like he just vanished,? Steve Davis with Lakewood PD told CBS4?s Tom Mustin.

On July 22, the Park County EMT left a party at his Lakewood condo, barefoot, after a heated argument.

He told his fiance, Preety Lal, he?d be right back.

?So he just went on a walk to take a breather, cool down. Said he?s be back in a minute and never showed,? said Lal.

Search crews and K9 units scoured the nearby Green Mountain area, but came up empty.

Now more than three months after his mysterious disappearance, leads are still coming in daily; all have been dead ends.

?Georgetown, Red Rocks, Thornton, even as far north as Cheyenne, but so far none of the tips have panned out,? said Davis.

Davis says detectives are still working the case, but don?t have a lot to go on, ?No activity on his bank account, credit card or cell phone. He left his car here so he doesn?t even have that. Our people are really at a dead end.?

Co-workers say Pracht had always been friendly and responsible. His family recently put up flyers offering a ten thousand dollar reward for information.

Davis says theories that Pracht ?wanted? to disappear don?t hold up.

?He didn?t t take any clothing, any money, anything that would make you think he wanted to leave.?

And with nowhere to turn, Eric?s father, Randy Pracht, is hoping for a miracle.

?Eric, if you getting this, please get a hold of us. there?s a lot of people missing you,? said Randy Pracht.

Anyone with information about Pracht?s whereabouts is asked to call the Lakewood Police Department at (303) 987-7111.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/11/0...r-missing-emt/

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...wood-paramedic

Reward offered in missing case of Lakewood paramedic

Six months after a Lakewood paramedic vanished without a trace, his family is now offering a reward, while police say they believe something happened to him.

Eric Pracht disappeared last July, after a heated conversation with friends in his Lakewood home. His fianc?e said he was going for a walk to cool down and never came back.

"We're all at a loss. Nothing makes any sense," said Marcus Pracht, Eric's older brother. "It's not like Eric to just walk off and leave his family wondering where he is. He wouldn't do that to his mother."

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts.

Steve Davis, with the Lakewood Police Department, said investigators have "nothing to go on whatsoever."

He said, at first, they thought it was possible Pracht had simply walked away.

However, they tried pinging his phone to track him with no response. There has also been no activity in his banking account or credit cards.

"The new theory is that something happened to him, but it's like the guy just vanished," said Davis.

A paramedic who loved helping people, Eric Pracht was also planning to get married and was excited about the future, according to friends and family, who have launched massive searches of the area he was last seen and areas where his family has camped in the past.

"He's an uncle, a nephew, a brother, a son," said Marcus Pracht. "We're all trying to hold it together for each other, but some days are harder than others. You want to be able to keep going with your life, but you don't want to feel like you're giving up on him."

Police said anyone with information can call the Lakewood Police main number at (303) 987-7111.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/07/2...amily-psychic/

Family Of Missing Paramedic Consults Psychic

One year ago Lakewood paramedic Eric Pracht vanished without a trace. After months of dead ends, his family is desperate for any clues that could explain what happened to him. They’ve even contacted a psychic.

Lakewood police admit the trail has grown cold.

“Our people are just stumped,” Steve Davis with the Lakewood Police Department told CBS4’s Tom Mustin.

On Sunday, Pracht’s fiance Preety Lal organized a balloon release to honor the Park County EMT — 12 months after he walked away from her life.

July 23, 2016, Pracht left a party at his Lakewood condo after an argument with friends. He told Lal he’d be right back.

“So he just went went on a walk to take a breather, cool down. Said he’s be back in a few minutes and he never showed,” Lal told Mustin last year.

Pracht had no shoes on and left his keys, wallet, cellphone and car at the apartment. Search crews scoured the nearby Green Mountain area but came up empty.

“It’s like he disappeared. We don’t know what happened,” said Lal.

Family members say Pracht had his dream job, was happy, and looking forward to marriage.

Recently his desperate family consulted a psychic, who told them Pracht had been hit by a car — a lead detectives found no evidence to confirm.

“Nothing has ever panned out to be anything that we felt were accurate,” said Davis.

Detectives say despite several sightings of Pracht over the past year, all have turned out to be dead ends.

Despite the frustration, officers are still searching for answers.

“Has he taken up a new identity in life somewhere, is deceased, any of those are possibilities, but we just don’t know,” said Davis.

It’s a mystery that has a grieving family hoping for a miracle.

“Eric, if you can get this, please get a hold of us. There’s a lot of people missing you,” said Pracht’s father, Randy.

Preety Lal told Mustin she wants to thank the Lakewood police and CFC (Colorado Foresenic Canines) for all they have done to help in the case.

She also wrote a personal message to Eric she wanted to share. It says:

To Eric
    Everything is just the way you left it, waiting for you to come home. I miss you like crazy and I love you more than ever…. Wherever you are, please come home.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that will help solve the case. If you have any information, call Lakewood police at at (303) 987-7111.

I wonder why they removed the FB group.

That is odd. They usually don't do that unless they've found the person.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    They have another FB group for him: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1637016196601783/

I am wondering if he was found they turned his FB into a remembering page.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    I don't think so, as the article associated with the family obtaining a psychic is from this week.

Is it diff than the one Bewitching posted? I just followed that link & it's a closed group. I requested to join but may not be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Is it diff than the one Bewitching posted? I just followed that link & it's a closed group. I requested to join but may not be accepted.
    I think it's the same one, and I joined the group last night they accepted me right away but couldn't see anything that he was found.

I think it's the same one, and I joined the group last night they accepted me right away but couldn't see anything that he was found.
    Ah okay. Ty. I was wondering if they found him or not. Hopefully they do, so sad families go through that.

I think these are the most haunting kinds of missing person cases, he just walked out of the house and disappeared into the night - didn't take anything with him and there has been no trace of him for a year. The mind boggles at the possibilities. I can't even....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I think these are the most haunting kinds of missing person cases, he just walked out of the house and disappeared into the night - didn't take anything with him and there has been no trace of him for a year. The mind boggles at the possibilities. I can't even....
    Definitely! And there's so many of them, the ones in national parks creep me out the most.

Maybe the original missing page ended up turning into a shitstorm of comments so they deleted it and started a new one (closed). Only thing I could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Definitely! And there's so many of them, the ones in national parks creep me out the most.
    Agree, a LOT of people go missing in national parks, but they are isolated places so yeah...creepy. But how do you disappear while walking through a condo parking lot in the middle of civilization? How does nobody see or hear anything?? Maybe it's from having a career that required keen observation skills and attention to detail, or maybe I'm just the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz , but I can't imagine not noticing someone being kidnapped/hit by a car/abducted by aliens/whatever in front of my house.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

There's another FB search page for Eric. They've been posting lately, but not much new info.

https://www.facebook.com/debbiemanni...AREFoundation/

His remains have been found, not far from his apartment.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...e-36c093c41ca8

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — Human remains found in Lakewood Thursday have been identified as Eric Pracht, a paramedic who worked for the South Park Ambulance District (SPAD), according to a post on the SPAD Facebook page.

The Jefferson County Coroner's Office will make the official identification and determine how he died.

"It is with great [sadness] that we report the death of Paramedic Eric Pracht," a post on SPAD's Facebook page read. "Yesterday his remains were found near the south base of Green Mountain in Lakewood. Eric has been missing since July 22, 2016. Eric was an outstanding person and a gifted paramedic. He dedicated his life to serving others. He will not be forgotten."

Lakewood Police did not suspect foul play at the time of Pracht's disappearance.

A hiker found the remains near William F. Hayden Park on Green Mountain, near the intersection of West Utah Avenue and West Alameda Parkway, according to Lakewood Police Department spokesperson John Romero.

This is near two of the parking lots that access the trails at Green Mountain.

Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Green Mountain has remained open for hikers and mountain hikers. The City of Lakewood-owned open space has started limiting crowds there during peak times to ensure proper social distancing.

It is the second largest park in Lakewood and has 2,400 acres of open space.

SPAD's FB post: https://www.facebook.com/SouthParkAm...6648608014938/

I've seen some stuff saying a handgun was found near the body, and "foul play is not suspected".

I really wish we knew what that argument was about that made him walk off.

I really wish we knew what that argument was about that made him walk off.
    It's in the first article posted:

The last time anyone saw Eric, who works for the South Park Ambulance District, was just before midnight on July 22, 2016. The 25-year-old and his fianc?e had some friends over that Friday night to his Lakewood condominium. After some drinking, the talk turned to the recent police shootings, officials say.

"He was upset over the recent shootings against police and things got a little heated," Steve Davis, Public Information Office for the Lakewood Police Department, told Dateline. "He was reportedly concerned because he wears a uniform and thought he could become a target of some kind."

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    It's in the first article posted:
    Thank you, I looked so hard for it I missed it.

Thread Information