Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Extremely Disturbing!

Re: Extremely Disturbing!

I miscarried about a year ago. I saw everything. I was only about 6 - 8 weeks along, so I was lucky it didn't look like much except a jellybean.
    Even then I saw it as a baby, when the time came when I would have been due I got a little sad.
    I refused to know what day I could have given birth. I didn't want to have to remember it every year on the same day.
    I know that my body miscarried the baby because something must have been wrong with it.
    Everyone deals with grief in different ways, this girl's way was to show the world. I do feel awful for her.

RIP baby Kirsten
    Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.<br />

It's sad, not really disturbing. It happens all the time.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=lostgoodsoul_1 link=topic=6905.msg362012#msg362012 date=1179294941]
    It's sad, not really disturbing. It happens all the time.
    [/quote]
    What?
    You're not very specific, and a lot of topics have come up since the start of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Still discussing this birth?

I couldn't look passed page two because of you guys! Otherwise, I might have lingered, but y'all scared the living crap out of me before doing so. I'm a wuss, I admit it.

[quote author=CheerfulPessimist link=topic=6905.msg362070#msg362070 date=1179299423]
    I couldn't look passed page two because of you guys! Otherwise, I might have lingered, but y'all scared the living crap out of me before doing so. I'm a wuss, I admit it.
    [/quote]
    Do it.
    If you cant look at those pictures how are you going to watch when people kill themselves/other people? :?
    Its not that bad, it looks like a gummy bear.
    :lol:
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=sbsweetypie link=topic=6905.msg362143#msg362143 date=1179303138]
    Do it.
    If you cant look at those pictures how are you going to watch when people kill themselves/other people? :?
    Its not that bad, it looks like a gummy bear.
    :lol:
    [/quote]

Okay, I ventured to page 3. I don't know what to think; I'm speechless. It's not as disturbing as it is sad.

I just stumbled across this thread and saw the pictures of the dead &quot;baby-fetus-thingy&quot;.&nbsp; While it is sad when anyone loses a child, I have to say that posting pictures of what is essentially a dead baby on your myspace is, at the very least, in bad taste.&nbsp; I wouldn't say the pictures themselves disturbed me, just the fact that there are people in this world that would dress a dead &quot;baby-fetus-thingy&quot; up, put jewelry on it, and pose with it for pictures.&nbsp; Sad or not, that is just trashy.&nbsp; I mean, reeeeeally-fuckin'-giving-Alabama-a-bad-name-trashy.&nbsp;

Ugh that's just awful ... I just can't understand why anyone would want pictures of that ... I have two kids and if God forbid I had a miscarriage, I sure as hell wouldn't have taken pictures of it ... having it in my memory would be enough.

Do not seek death. Death will find you.<br />But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment.<br />-Dag Hammarskjold

A girl I know delivered a baby at about five-ish months, he was under a pound. There were complications, obviously. She held him, took pictures, got his hand and foot prints. I don't know. To me, I think it is sweet, and probably provides some closure, or at least comfort. So many people, when they miscarry, or deliver and lose the baby, people just, don't know how to act, you know? Some people think the parents should just go on livin' as if the baby never existed, file it away in your memory, get over it, etc. At least with pictures, there is acknowledgment that a baby did exist.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=6905.msg362994#msg362994 date=1179357402]
    A girl I know delivered a baby at about five-ish months, he was under a pound. There were complications, obviously. She held him, took pictures, got his hand and foot prints. I don't know. To me, I think it is sweet, and probably provides some closure, or at least comfort. So many people, when they miscarry, or deliver and lose the baby, people just, don't know how to act, you know? Some people think the parents should just go on livin' as if the baby never existed, file it away in your memory, get over it, etc. At least with pictures, there is acknowledgment that a baby did exist.
    [/quote]

True ...&nbsp; I was thinking about this last night (yeah I have no life) and could understand wanting to take pictures but I'm just not so sure I would be sharing them with the world on myspace ... it would be for family and close friends, IF they wanted to see them.
    Do not seek death. Death will find you.<br />But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment.<br />-Dag Hammarskjold

My sister and brother in law lost their little boy at 28 weeks and they did the same thing.&nbsp; It creeps me out and is really weird but it helped them find closure.&nbsp; That is really sad.....

deliberate_misuse

Is this some kind of new trend?&nbsp; I saw this in Thursday's edition of the St. Helena Star:

Lola Marie Smith

Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:29 AM PDT

Dan, Jennifer, Olivia and Keaton want to thank you for your warm thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for us.

We are blessed to have such gracious support from our family and friends.

Our little Lola Marie was taken from us before she was born, though perfect in every way. She will live forever in our hearts — our angel.

[quote author=Christine link=topic=6905.msg325326#msg325326 date=1177809955]
    People never cease to amaze me!

OK, so I was randomly browsing profiles and I came across this..
    Check out the photos.

** WARNING ** This is EXTREMELY DISTURBING! ** I AM NOT KIDDING **

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =34313248
    [/quote]

That was so crazy I thought it was gonna be something stupid but it was gross, its not normal to post them type of pics. :2sad:

What's extremely disturbing is she's 17 and that was her second pregnancy.&nbsp;

Gross.

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=6905.msg369583#msg369583 date=1179674084]
    What's extremely disturbing is she's 17 and that was her second pregnancy.&nbsp;

Gross.
    [/quote]

I'd have to look it up, but the rate of having a 2nd pregnancy in your teens when your 1st pregnancy occurred in your teens is pretty high.

Oh, here ya go - in 2002 21% of all teen births were to teens who were already mothers. Additionally, 22-30% of teen mothers under 18 had a second birth within 24 months of their first birth. -Taken from the Nat'l Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

I was, and still am, SO careful and SO paranoid about getting knocked up again. I can't imagine what my life would be like now, if I had gotten pregnant again.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

I have nothing against them getting its footprints - alot of people do that i think.

I met this girl once and we were at her house for a party or something and we were looking at photo albums and i knew she'd had a baby that died.. but there was all these photos of her holding him and them she was like 'He dosent look dead does he, just sleeping' I was like :-O , cudnt beleive it.

I atchally never did know what they did with stillborn babies, Poor little souls.&nbsp; I think if i got pregnant now i would have an abortion. Although im not sure if they even preform them at my hospital. Maybe you have to go to the mainland :shrugs: but oh it must be sooo hard for some girls.

some people are truly disturbed.&nbsp; My ex-gf lost our child in the past, but the thought never entered our minds at the time to take pictures.&nbsp; wtf

...i just wanted to say RIP little one :-(

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=6905.msg389184#msg389184 date=1180646137]
    The only pictures that disturb me are the ones with the jewelry...wtf.&nbsp; I can understand one, maybe two pictures, but not a whole freaking page.

I don't know if it is the norm, but when my sister had a miscarriage in her first trimester, the hospital policy is to dispose of the *remains* ??? for lack of a better word.&nbsp; I also had someone very close to me experience a miscarriage / still-birth at 20 weeks, and at that stage the doctor's considered it a baby and the parents had to go through traditional burial / funeral.

I feel for the girl...she is only 17 and had a baby in Sept '06 apparently and then this in April '07.&nbsp; I would make bets that it won't be long before she is preggo again.

[/quote]

Someone should steer her near some birth control.

Thread Information