Thread: Woman from Aldriich charged w murdering her autistic son by leaving him in a field.

Woman from Aldriich charged w murdering her autistic son by leaving him in a field.

BOLIVAR, Mo. - An injured woman who was found lying in a field in southern Polk County is charged with murdering her son, whose body was found nearby. Kimberly Lightwine, 42, is charged with second-degree murder and abuse of her disabled son.

Law enforcement officers found the body of Austin Anderson, 19, wearing only a diaper, about 15 or 20 feet from a vehicle in a field near Missouri 215 at Missouri 13, east of Morrisville, on Aug. 29. Lightwine was next to the vehicle, lying face down and nearly naked. Officers told the landowner that she was waving her arms to try to get someone's attention, and had a broken leg. Investigators think Anderson might have died as early as Aug. 26.

The probable cause statement against Lightwine says she admitted several times on the way to the sheriff's office in Bolivar that she'd killed her son. She said later, after being read her Miranda rights, that she and her son had been lying in the field for a couple of days, but she couldn't remember exactly how long. She said she remembered driving to the field.

"I'm a terrible mother. I got high, and I got depressed, and I think I am going to throw up," she told the detective, according to the probable cause statement.

She told the detective that she was high on methamphetamine at the time and had used meth for years.

Lightwine said her son was blind in both eyes and had autism. She said she remembered being angry and screaming from the top of her vehicle. She remembered telling her son, "Austin, get out of the car and go reach out for help. Put your hands in front of your for help, and God is going to take care of you." She also said she threw him through a barbed wire fence to get him to safety, according to the probable cause statement.

Lightwine said she remembered him falling to the ground but didn't know what happened next. She said, ""My baby kept getting hot and kept coming back and wanting his mommy, but I knew it wasn't good," and, "No, you don't want to love me, please let God take you."

"I don't know how many days, I don't know how long he'd been on the ground, he cried for me," she told the detective.

She said she thought they'd been there longer than a day when they were found.

"I asked her how long it had been since her son had stopped asking for her," the detective wrote. "She stated, 'I don't know, at least several days. I just try to block so much out.' I asked Kimberly LIghtwine if she had ever gone to her son and she stated, 'I just blocked it out. I just kept thinking that God or somebody came and got him and took him where he need to be. I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking.'

"I asked Kimberly Lightwine if God came and took her son to where he needed to be, would that be Heaven? Kimberly Lightwine stated that she did not know if that would be Heaven or to his daddy," the probable cause statement says.

LIghtwine told the detective that her son couldn't take care of himself without her care. She remembered in the field that he said, "Mommy, I want to go home," but she couldn't remember when he stopped talking.

Lightwine eventually told the detective that she didn't want to talk anymore. A deputy than took her to a hospital for her broken leg.

"A nurse asked how her leg got hurt and (she) later stated that she remembered it giving out as she was pushing her son through several fences, trying to get away from the bad place. She also made the statement in front of (a deputy) 'I killed my baby' several times. (The deputy) also reported that (she) made the statement 'whatever happened to him, I did it,'" according to the probable cause statement.

Detectives interviewed Anderson's father, who confirmed his son was blind in both eyes and diagnosed with autism. He said Anderson completely depended on his mother for his care.

The father said his son was not able to walk far without help, and had only a limited vocabulary. He also said Anderson took several medications, including hydrocortisone needed to keep him from going into a coma and dying.

The father said Lightwine had a violent temper. He recalled an incident in which Anderson kicked Lightwine and she reacted violently by grabbing him and cussing at him.

The autopsy showed Anderson was dehydrated, his brain was swollen, and likely went into shock from lack of medication, according to the probable cause statement. A pathologist said Anderson appeared to die from neglect from not having proper medication -- hydrocortisone -- to maintain his adrenal gland.

The pathologist also said exposure to the elements contributed to the teenager's death. The high temperatures on Aug. 27, 28, and 29 were in the low 90s, with nightly lows about 71 and maximum relative humidity in the 90 percent range each day.

Polk County sheriff's deputies and Missouri State Highway Patrol troopers looked for Lightwine and Anderson after her sister, who lives in Tennessee, told Bolivar police on Aug. 28 that she couldn't reach them and feared for the safety of her sister and her nephew, who had physical and mental health problems.

Lightwine's sister said they'd been living in a motel in Bolivar, although online court records list Lightwine's address as a rural home in Dade County, west of Aldrich. Officers searched the motel room where they'd been staying and found evidence of meth, as well as a supply of hydrocortisone pills that showed Anderson likely had not been taking them as prescribed. A motel employee said the mother and son had last been seen in their room on Aug. 27.

The Polk County prosecuting attorney charged Lightwine on Saturday but law enforcement officers didn't release any information about the case over the Labor Day weekend. Her bond is $250,000. She is not in jail, likely because she is still in a hospital.

Lightwine is also charged with second-degree elder abuse, a crime that applies to a disabled adult over age 18 "who is unable to protect his or her own interests or adequately perform or obtain services which are necessary to meet his or her essential human needs" if someone "recklessly and purposely causes serious physical injury."

If Lightwine is convicted, she could get a prison sentence between 10 and 30 years for murder and up to 20 years for elder abuse.

A graveside service for Anderson is scheduled for Wednesday in Butterfield, near where Anderson's father lives in Barry County. The family set up a GoFundMe page for his funeral: https://www.gofundme.com/wingsforaustin
    http://www.ky3.com/content/news/murd...392455991.html

I searched the name and couldn't find this one. There's a video on the site but couldn't upload it.

Kimberly Lightwine FB
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

This is from her sister Vicki Lightwine Ramsey's FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/vicki.lightwineramsey
    Last edited by Lily Rivers; 09-08-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

http://m.bolivarmonews.com/news/chan...l?mode=jqm_com

So she's out on bond w an ankle bracelet that she can have removed when she gets a job. Wtf!!

I only just realised this happened last year.

There's a fb case discussion group with a heap of updates we've missed here if anyone wants to read them -

https://m.facebook.com/Kimberly-Ligh...2863331578831/

Thread Information