Thread: Vijayarengan Srinivasan (32) drowned at a water park after a lifeguard thought children were playing a prank

Vijayarengan Srinivasan (32) drowned at a water park after a lifeguard thought children were playing a prank

YOU HAD ONE JOB, LIFEGUARD!!!

Children playing at a Washington state water park reported a body in the water just after a man drowned ? but a lifeguard who thought the kids were playing a prank refused to go help, police said.

Vijayarengan Srinivasan, a 32-year-old Indian man who moved to the U.S. earlier this month for work, died Saturday at Wild Waves Theme Park in Federal Way.

A lifeguard found Srinivasan's body at the bottom of a pool when he went looking for another guests' glasses ? but a second park staffer and a group of kids all saw the man drowning moments earlier, according to police reports obtained by the Seattle Times.

A pool lifeguard told investigators that she thought she saw a body Saturday afternoon, and jumped in to investigate. The water was too murky to see anything, she said, so she left the waters without finding anything.

Several kids also told another on-duty guard that there was a man at the bottom of the pool. But the staffer "believed that they were pranking him and did not think anything of it," according to a police report.

About 15 minutes later, the third guard finally jumped in to find the lost glasses ? instead, he found Srinivasan unconscious and lying face-up in the cloudy water.

The lifeguard pulled Srinivasan out of the water, but rescue crews were unable to revive him. The King County Medical Examiner's Office ruled his cause of death as asphyxia due to accidental drowning.

Park officials issued a statement saying their "thoughts are with the family in this difficult time." They also said they're helping authorities with the investigation, but not providing any additional comment.

Teen, boy save toddler who nearly drowned in Florida pool
    Srinivasan, his wife and their 3-year-old child moved to the U.S. from India about two weeks ago for a new job as a computer programmer with Bellevue-based consulting firm Infosys, officials said. The rest of his family still lives in India.

The 32-year-old went to the park with a friend on Saturday, and took to the pool after having lunch, officials said.

Investigators have not yet found anyone who witnessed the drowning.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...laying_a_prank
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    OMG ~ that is horrible!! He looked like a sweet guy. I feel so badly for his wife, child and rest of his family.

A pool lifeguard told investigators that she thought she saw a body Saturday afternoon, and jumped in to investigate. The water was too murky to see anything, she said, so she left the waters without finding anything.

Several kids also told another on-duty guard that there was a man at the bottom of the pool. But the staffer "believed that they were pranking him and did not think anything of it," according to a police report.

About 15 minutes later, the third guard finally jumped in to find the lost glasses ? instead, he found Srinivasan unconscious and lying face-up in the cloudy water.

The lifeguard pulled Srinivasan out of the water, but rescue crews were unable to revive him.
    No sh*t Sherlock ~ this is wrong on so many levels.

What the fuckin fuck, that guy was someones world and you couldnt be bothered to clear the pool and check it out properly ?! Your a shitty shittty person deadset.

The water was too murky to see anything
    Wasn't there a woman who drowned but went unnoticed because of conditions of the water like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Wasn't there a woman who drowned but went unnoticed because of conditions of the water like this?
    Are you maybe thinking about the case with the woman whose 3 kids drowned in the murky pool?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ht=murky+drown

Yipee! Who wants to jump in & swim in the murky water pool?

This?
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-dies-pool-boy-reports-drowning-lifeguards-fall/story?id=13984017

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    that's it.

Is it normal for pools to get to these conditions when they're regularly used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Are you maybe thinking about the case with the woman whose 3 kids drowned in the murky pool?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ht=murky+drown

That thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

that's it.

I use my pool every day, and chlorine the heck out of it, but during the really hot months it seems to always be a little murky and green. We swim all year, and it is crystal clear from September to June, but July and August are a constant battle. We might be doing it wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    That thread
    Yeah, that thread....

ater quality, safety equipment and lifeguard operations at the park are being scrutinized after the death of Vijayarengan Srinivasan, officials said.

Srinivasan drowned in a pool at Wild Waves on a hot afternoon in which about 8,500 people packed the water park, according to a Federal Way police report.

The report classified Srinivasan’s death as an accidental drowning.

It said he had moved this month from India to work as a computer programmer in Bellevue and had a wife and a 3-year-old child in India.

A lifeguard who jumped in to fetch a pair of glasses found Srinivasan at the bottom of a 10-foot-deep pool where visibility was obscured by scratched paint and deep waters, the report says.

Several minutes before Srinivasan was found in the pool, a different lifeguard had seen what she thought looked like a body and jumped in to search, but found nothing, and some children’s report of a body to a third lifeguard was dismissed as a prank, the police report says.

A friend of Srinivasan who accompanied him to the water park told police Srinivasan was a poor swimmer and had expressed concerns about the pool’s depth when they stood on a rock together by the pool contemplating whether to dive in.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

that's it.

I don't remember the community pools that I went to were ever cloudy.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I don't understand murky conditions in pools either. I guess it would be because of the wrong mix of chemicals or something which I'm sure is an easy mistake, but you'd think an actual water park would have that kind of shit together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information