Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Judge sets aside rape charges against David Becker (18) for probation so he can enjoy a college experience"

Judge sets aside rape charges against David Becker (18) for probation so he can enjoy a college experience"

UPDATE: In a statement to MassLive, the University of Dayton said that David Becker will not be attending the school. Becker?s attorney, Thomas Rooke, had no comment.

??

A former Massachusetts high school athlete will avoid serving jail time and registering as a sex offender after he was charged with sexually assaulting two unconscious women at a house party.

David Becker, 18, had been charged with two counts of rape and one count of indecent assault and battery in connection with the April 2 incident after a party in Palmer, reported MassLive.

Palmer District Court Judge Thomas Estes on Aug. 15 ordered Becker?s case continued without a finding for two years, and he was sentenced Monday to two years of probation.

During that time, the former East Longmeadow High School student was ordered to avoid drugs and alcohol, submit to an evaluation for sex offender treatment and stay away from the two 18-year-old victims.

Becker, a three-sport athlete at the school, will be permitted to serve probation in Ohio, where he plans to attend college, and will not be required to register as a sex offender.

No conviction will appear on his record if he complies with the terms of his probation.

?He can now look forward to a productive life without being burdened with the stigma of having to register as a sex offender,? said his attorney, Thomas Rooke. ?The goal of this sentence was not to impede this individual from graduating high school and to go onto the next step of his life, which is a college experience.?

A classmate told a school resource officer about a rumor circulating that a high school senior had assaulted two senior girls while they were intoxicated.

The victims told the resource officer they had been drinking while a classmate?s father was out of town but stayed to help Becker and the classmate clean up.

Police said the young women went to an upstairs bedroom, where they talked to Becker until they all three fell asleep.

The victims said they awoke to find Becker sexually assaulting them, and he apologized to one of the women by text message the following day.

Becker denied sexual contact with the other victim but said he believed his actions with the first woman had been acceptable because she didn?t stop him.

That woman said she had heard Becker had similarly assaulted other girls in the past ? earning him the nickname ?David the rapist.?

Becker?s attorney strongly denied both of those claims and accused the alleged victim of ?unjust character assassination.?

Police found no evidence of previous sexual assaults, and one of the victims told the court that she did not believe jail time was necessary, and the judge closely followed the sentence recommended by Becker?s attorney.

?We all made mistakes when we were 17, 18, 19 years old, and we shouldn?t be branded for life with a felony offense and branded a sex offender,? Rooke said. ?Putting this kid in jail for two years would have destroyed this kid?s life.?

The sentence comes in the wake of two other controversial sentences for students convicted of sexual assault.

Brock Turner, a 20-year-old former star swimmer at Stanford University, was found guilty of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman outside a party in January 2015, and Judge Aaron Persky ignored prosecutors? recommended six-year prison term and imposed only a six-month sentence with the possibility of three months off for good behavior.

Austin Wilkerson, a 22-year-old former student at the University of Colorado, admitted to sexually assaulting an intoxicated woman who had rejected his advances.

He was sentenced to two years in jail but will be permitted to leave during the day to work or attend school, and he was ordered to spend 20 years to life on probation.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/judg...ge-experience/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This is SO FUCKING RAGE INDUCING

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This irritates me beyond belief. So he was known as "David the rapist" but we need to now treat what he did more as a thing a young man does but should not pay his wrongdoing for the remainder of his life? URGHHHHHHH
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 08-24-2016 at 08:12 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    ?We all made mistakes when we were 17, 18, 19 years old, and we shouldn?t be branded for life with a felony offense and branded a sex offender,? Rooke said. ?Putting this kid in jail for two years would have destroyed this kid?s life.?
    What about the. Victims' lives being destroyed? What about their "College Experience"?

I can't even with this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I honestly thought this was The Onion when I first saw the headline. No bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I know that our judicial system is fucked in general, but here in Mass, it is beyond fucked.

The cop killer just a few months ago (Ron Tarentino, MSP) had been helped while in jail... by a judge's daughter that was dating his brother.. She works in the courthouse.. Google Ashley Losapio.

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    I know that our judicial system is fucked in general, but here in Mass, it is beyond fucked.

The cop killer just a few months ago (Ron Tarentino, MSP) had been helped while in jail... by a judge's daughter that was dating his brother.. She works in the courthouse.. Google Ashley Losapio.
    Do you mean people helped the cop killer before he killed the cop? Because it appears he died during a police standoff after killing the officer.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm so sick of it being okay for men to fuck anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Do you mean people helped the cop killer before he killed the cop? Because it appears he died during a police standoff after killing the officer.
    Yes.. before his death he was assisted. I was down the street from where he was hiding out (in Oxford, Ma), and saw the whole police standoff, heard the gunshots.. This guy was brutally ruthless, and a judge's daughter ended up helping this crime happen. This state is fucked.

Judges here are appointed, not voted in by the citizens.. Everyone knows someone. I cannot believe that the murder of Ron Tarentino has not brought this to light. And it seems that someone high up there has put the kabosh on the questions the public is asking.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20160526/NEWS/160529295

Questions about an associate probation officer working at Dudley District Court and her possible involvement with the family of suspected police killer Jorge A. Zambrano are being looked into as part of an examination by the state Trial Court.

Ashley Losapio, stepdaughter of retired Uxbridge District Court Judge Paul A. Losapio, has been dating Giancarlo Zambrano, 35, Jorge's twin brother, since August 2015, her lawyer Edward P. Ryan confirmed Thursday.

Jorge Zambrano is believed to have shot Auburn Police Officer Ronald Tarentino Jr., 42, in the back during a traffic stop early Sunday morning. The officer did not survive. Mr. Zambrano died in a shoot-out with state police in a house in Oxford later that day.

According to Supreme Judicial Court spokeswoman Jennifer Donahue, Ms. Losapio does not handle cases and was not Jorge Zambrano's probation officer. Ms. Donahue said the matter is being reviewed as part of the Trial Court's examination of all of Jorge Zambrano's interactions with the court system, including probation services.

Ms. Losapio was named in the 2010 Ware Report, a 400-page indictment of pervasive corruption and patronage in the state Department of Probation.

Related content
    COMPLETE COVERAGE: A fallen officer
    In Charlton, long blue line pays respects to slain Auburn policeman
    May 26, 2016
    SHOW MORE...
    The Ware Report relied on three Worcester police officers who gave testimony that Ms. Losapio, who formerly worked at the Worcester County Courthouse, allegedly leaked sensitive information to known criminals who were the subjects of major drug and gun investigations.

The Supreme Judicial Court's special investigator Paul F. Ware concluded that Ms. Losapio should have been fired, instead of transferred from Worcester to Westboro District Court in 2008, for giving inside court information to known criminals with whom she socialized.

Ms. Losapio's employment has since moved to the Dudley courthouse from Westboro. Ms. Donahue said the transfer was part of a systemwide redistribution of associate probation officers earlier this year. She said there were two APO's in Westboro and none in Dudley, so Ms. Losapio was reassigned to Dudley.

"She (Ms. Losapio) had absolutely no involvement with the Zambrano matter. She has never spoken to (Jorge) Zambrano, the fellow that executed the police officer, and has no involvement with him whatsoever," Mr. Ryan said in a telephone interview.

"No one has contacted me with regard to any investigation," he added. "I fully expect her to go to court on Tuesday and perform her duties as a probation officer."

Mr. Ryan said that neither Ms. Losapio nor retired Judge Losapio had any contact, social or otherwise, with Jorge Zambrano.

"My client has her name being brought into this for absolutely no good reason and she has absolutely nothing to do with it," Mr. Ryan said.

Giancarlo Zambrano was in West Roxbury Municipal Court on Thursday for a pretrial hearing on charges that he collected money to install siding on a home in Boston but didn't do the work, according to The Boston Globe. At the hearing, he paid partial restitution, the Globe reported. After the hearing, he told the Globe that his brother committed "a horrific crime" and conveyed condolences for the slain officer. Giancarlo Zambrano also told the Globe that Ashley Losapio has never met his twin brother.

Gov. Charles D. Baker Jr. on Thursday urged “a thorough, and complete, and transparent investigation” into the slaying of Officer Tarentino.

“It’s important for Officer Tarentino, his family, and the police force in Auburn and the commonwealth generally that the investigation be thorough and that we get all the facts on the table, and make that stuff public and find out exactly what happened," Mr. Baker said before a tour of Polar Beverages in Worcester.

He called Officer Tarentino’s killing a “tragedy of enormous proportions” made more personal by the stellar reputation that Officer Tarentino had in the community.

“Everybody, based on all the information that’s come out since then, (says) this was a great guy, a great father, a great community leader, a great fellow officer,” Mr. Baker said. “The entire Central Mass. region and the town of Auburn in particular are in deep mourning over this, and we owe them a thorough and complete and transparent investigation into what happened and why.”

I've quadruple posted at this point.. I cannot find the page for Ron Tarentino's death.. but I know there was one.

I have a ton of info on this one..

including the article of this chick's transfer back in 2008 for leaking information to criminals in jail:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080613/NEWS/806130912

Is this thread about a rapist or a cop killer?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Is this thread about a rapist or a cop killer?
    Hence why I searched for Ron Tarentino but couldn't find it, and posted that above.. but sure, be snarky.

It's about Massachusetts courts being corrupt.. This kid's family probably knows someone that knows the judge..

Well, we talk shit to blighted all the time for adding in random articles about other dead people so I figured I would point it out to you just to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    Hence why I searched for Ron Tarentino but couldn't find it, and posted that above.. but sure, be snarky.

It's about Massachusetts courts being corrupt.. This kid's family probably knows someone that knows the judge..
    Also, it's probably an equal mix knowing someone and being a white male athlete with a promising future *as a rapist*.
    Last edited by animosity; 08-25-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Well, we talk shit to blighted all the time for adding in random articles about other dead people so I figured I would point it out to you just to be fair.
    I don't know who blighted is, but I see the relevance between the two cases. Judges are all corrupt here. Yeah, whiteness helps too I guess.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    How can you NOT know who Blighted is??? Little weasely thing running towards you in the sig?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Handled just like a Duggar! FFS

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    How can you NOT know who Blighted is??? Little weasely thing running towards you in the sig?
    Well now I need to see the sig!

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I saw earlier! I don't know what that is but I want one..

Oh, great. Now he can give more females
    'a rape experience' while in college.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I'm so sick of it being okay for men to fuck anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    it's a huge cultural problem we have, and it's clearly not just in the US. women's bodies are seen as public property. women are see as having less value. our sexuallity is to exist only in terms of what makes men comfortable and pleased, lest we be slutty or frigid or prudes. there are so many things that need to change before we earn the rights to our own bodies. meanwhile, it's 2016 and even women think 'feminist' is a bad word.

these cases upset me so much. they just help keep victims silent. women don't come forward as it is, and all these stories help push them back into the shadows. silence only gives rapists more power. but apparently even if you can get one charged and in front of a judge no one gives a fuck. ugh.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    it's a huge cultural problem we have, and it's clearly not just in the US. women's bodies are seen as public property. women are see as having less value. our sexuallity is to exist only in terms of what makes men comfortable and pleased, lest we be slutty or frigid or prudes. there are so many things that need to change before we earn the rights to our own bodies. meanwhile, it's 2016 and even women think 'feminist' is a bad word.

these cases upset me so much. they just help keep victims silent. women don't come forward as it is, and all these stories help push them back into the shadows. silence only gives rapists more power. but apparently even if you can get one charged and in front of a judge no one gives a fuck. ugh.
    Agreed. If nothing is going to happen to rectify your injustice, why speak up and put yourself under a microscope to be judged and put on trial? There's no motivation to come forward.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information