Thread: Jesse Wilson's (10) remains were found two years after he disappeared

Jesse Wilson's (10) remains were found two years after he disappeared

UCKEYE, Ariz. (KSAZ) -
    It's been exactly one month since 10-year-old Jesse Wilson went missing from his home in Buckeye and still no sign of the boy.

Wednesday Buckeye police released body camera footage from a few months back when an officer was called out to Wilson's house.

And Thursday night the neighbor who was can in the footage speaks with FOX 10.

FOX 10's Danielle Miller has the story.

The neighbor says the night of the April incident was the first time he had ever seen Jesse and says he never saw him again after that night.

As the days go on with Jesse still not found since going missing, he is fearing for the worst.

Buckeye Police released body cam video Wednesday of an incident that happened on April 25.

What is shown in the video is 10-year-old Jesse Wilson in the garage of his neighbor's home after he found the boy outside alone, dressed in school uniform with no shoes, in the early morning hours.

Police later make contact with Jesse's mother Crystal Wilson.

The neighbor in the footage is Kevin Moore. He is the one who called police after finding Jesse outside.

"I brought him in, sat him on the sofa that I had in here. Gave him some food and a blanket. He said he was cold and hungry."

"He was scared, he was petrified. He was really scared."

Moore tells us as the days go on and there is still no sign of Jesse, feelings of guild arise.

He often wonders if there was more he could have done.

"To me it's torture, he's in my nightmares, I have panic attacks in the middle of the night because of this kid."

Moore says it was his dog barking that woke him up that night he found Jesse outside.

He says now every time his dog barks, he goes outside just to check.

FOX 10 contacted Buckeye Police on Thursday and they say there are no new updates in this case.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...93674311-story

Missing Since Jul 17, 2016
    Missing From Buckeye, AZ
    DOB Mar 16, 2006
    Age Now10
    Sex Male
    Race Black
    Hair Color Black
    Eye Color Brown
    Height 4'0"
    Weight 60 lbs
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1272890/1

''A Valley woman, who spoke out on Thursday, claims she is the biological grandmother of Jesse Wilson, the 10-year-old boy who disappeared from his Buckeye home more than two weeks ago.

Cynthia Lauderdale still has possession of a birth certificate of her grandson Jesse and his twin sister, born on March 16, 2006. Authorities confirm that is the same date of birth of missing Jesse Wilson, who also has a twin sister.

Lauderdale claims her grandson, his twin and an older male sibling were taken away from her daughter, their biological mom, because of drug and instability issues.

“I had several contacts with (DCS) and also with the courts. I was going to all of the court hearings with the children, trying to gain custody of them, during the whole process. It was a two-year process. What eventually happened is they said that I couldn't have custody of the children. The last thing the judge said in her chambers was that my credit was not good enough and that's why I couldn't have custody of the children,” said Lauderdale.''

video of grandmother at link
    http://www.azfamily.com/story/326909...eye-boy-speaks

I wonder why his two siblings have been removed by DCF..

the following article is from july 22

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/32511928...ps-with-search

BUCKEYE, AZ (CBS5) -
    Buckeye police released the recorded call made early Monday morning by Crystal Wilson to report that her 10-year-old son, Jesse, was missing from their home.

Wilson called the non-emergency number and told the police operator that her son had “either climbed out the window, which he's done before, or he has ... or he has gone out the back door.”

She reported that the last time she saw him was Sunday night at the family’s home near Watson and Yuma roads.

Buckeye police confirm that in April, a neighbor called to report the boy outside on his block around 3 or 4 in the morning. Police said after talking with the boy, they learned where he lived and took him to his home a few doors down.

CBS 5 News talked with several neighbors who saw Jesse that early morning in April. They said he was sitting on the corner and when they approached, he would not talk with them. But at some point, he told one of the neighbors that he was hungry and they offered him some food while they waited for police.

Buckeye police tell us that there is no indication in the report filed about that April incident that they contacted the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

On Friday, investigators looking into the fourth-grader’s disappearance had some help from the U.S. Border Patrol.

“The Border Patrol came up this morning, offered their help," said Sgt. Jason Weeks, the public information officer for the Buckeye Police Department. "You know, they’re good at tracking people in the desert because they have to go out and do desert rescues all the time. They came up; they brought up their scent dogs and we didn’t find anything.”

RELATED: Drones and tracking dogs being used in search for missing Buckeye boy

Weeks would not indicate what it meant that the tracking dogs could not pick up a scent of Jesse at the house that lead in any direction. He indicated the heat and time factor, missing five days, could be an explanation.

During the short call Wilson made at nearly 2 a.m. Monday to police, she hesitated and stumbled a little when asked how old the missing child was and when asked by the operator, she gave the wrong address.

OPERATOR: OK, what's your address ma'am?

WILSON: (redacted) West Davis Lane. And the gentleman who works this area, he's dealt with him before

OPERATOR: Davis Lane you said? You're in Buckeye? I show you're on Twilight Trail?

WILSON: Oh! I'm so sorry. I'm so delirious. I'm sorry.

OPERATOR: That's OK. I'm like, I don't have a Davis Way, I don't think.

WILSON: I'm sorry. I gave you my old address ... (inaudible)

OPERATOR: It's OK.

AUDIO: Listen to the entire call

Investigators indicate they have received upward of 100 tips about the missing boy. They said they are following up on every lead.

Nothing is off the table at this point in the investigation, which means police have not ruled out foul play.

“When we’re still trying to rule out foul play, we look at all avenues. We look at families. We look at friends. We look at people in the neighborhood. We look at people outside the neighborhood. We check everything,” said Weeks.

The FBI has been involved in this case from the start. Buckeye investigators are using the FBI to process any clues or evidence they gathered during an all-night search warrant at the boy’s home. Wilson’s car has also been seized and is being examined.

Wilson has been cooperating with police, according to Weeks. She made a brief, soft-spoken statement to the media on Thursday. It was directed at the boy, telling him to come home, that he was in trouble.

RELATED: Mother makes tearful appeal for son to come home | RAW VIDEO: Crystal Wilson's statement

RELATED: Search underway for 10-year-old Buckeye boy

Jesse, his twin sister and an older sibling are reportedly Wilson’s either foster or adoptive kids. Sources have confirmed that Jesse’s two siblings have been place with relatives by DCS while the investigation into his disappearance continues.

Copyright 2016 KPHO (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

So this Crystal lady isn't the kid's bio mom?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Jesse Wilson update: Buckeye police confirm remains found are missing boy (abc15.com)
    Updated: 10:23 PM, Mar 27, 2018

BUCKEYE, AZ - Remains found in early March in a Buckeye field are those of 10-year-old Jesse Wilson, who disappeared from his family home in July 2016.

Buckeye police said Tuesday that a forensic analysis of skeletal remains found March 8 by a city worker near State Route 85 and Broadway Road confirmed it was the body of Wilson.

"The Buckeye Police Department, along with our state and federal partners, will continue to pursue this investigation until its conclusion," Buckeye police said in a Facebook post. "We believe this case will be resolved as Jesse deserves nothing less."

Wilson disappeared July 18, 2016 from his family's Buckeye home. A massive community effort ensued, as neighbors spent endless hours searching for the boy.

Wilson's mother, Crystal, initially contacted the Buckeye Police Department's non-emergency line in the early morning hours of July 18, saying her son had slipped out of their home.

Similar incidents involving Jesse and his siblings were uncovered, including an incident in April 2016, when Buckeye police responded to the family's neighborhood after Jesse was found in a neighbor's yard.

ABC15 also discovered 2011 reports from Avondale police, who were called to Crystal Wilson's home over allegations that her five children were being abused and underfed. Responding officers checked the children for injuries and determined they were fed and there was no evidence of abuse.

Neighbors who lived near the Wilsons in Avondale told ABC15 the children were often seen knocking on doors asking for food.

At a Tuesday afternoon news conference, police said they contacted Crystal after identifying Jesse's remains, and she is out of state at the moment.

When asked about suspects in the case, police said that they have not ruled anyone out, and that they're considering it a homicide investigation.

"While this is not the outcome for which any of us had hoped, we want to stress that this is not the end of our investigation," Buckeye police said.

Buckeye police say they're still taking tips on this case.

If you have any information you can call Buckeye PD at 623-349-6411 or bpdtips@buckeyeaz.gov.

Jaime Medina never met Jesse Wilson.

But that never stopped her from helping to find the missing Buckeye boy, who vanished in July 2016.

"You hope, you just hope," says Jaime, telling ABC15 she had prayed since he vanished that maybe he would be found alive.

"I was devastated and I didn't even know this child."

Just a few weeks after Jesse went missing, Jaime says she and her daughter would drive around Buckeye, searching for any clues.

"The terrain here is so vast," she explains. "You feel so small out in the desert."

And Jaime didn't stop there. She also created the Facebook page, #FINDJesseWilson, hoping it led to a happy ending, but tragically, it would not.

"The finding of Jesse is over, but now, the real fight for justice begins."

And that is the cause Jaime says she will devote the Facebook page to; she'll soon rename it, "#JusticeForJesse.

ABC15 also spoke to a couple who lives near where Jesse's body was found and helped search for the missing boy.

"It was devastating," explains Kelly Babb. "I think the biggest question is why? Why?"

Thread Information