Thread: Judy Lynne Sievers - 20 August 2016

Judy Lynne Sievers - 20 August 2016

https://www.facebook.com/judy.jensensievers?fref=ts

Judy L. Sievers, age 57, of Storm Lake, Iowa died Saturday, August 20, 2016 in Sioux City, Iowa.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. at Zion Lutheran Church in rural Storm Lake, Iowa. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Visitation will take place Tuesday, August 23, 2016 from 3-8:00 p.m. at the Zion Lutheran Church in rural Storm Lake. The family request memorials be made in Judy?s name to the Buena Vista Regional Healthcare Foundation (https://payments.fasthealth.com/web_...s/?formID=1804). The Fratzke & Jensen Funeral Home in Storm Lake is in charge of the arrangements.

**Due to bridge construction on C43 west of Zion Lutheran Church guests may need to use gravel detour to reach the church.

Judy L. Jensen was born October 31, 1958 to Leland and Shirley (Reed) Jensen in Storm Lake, Iowa. She was baptized as an infant at the Church of Christ in Storm Lake and later confirmed.

She attended school at Storm Lake and graduated in 1977. She worked as the co-owner of Scott Sievers Trucking.

On February 11, 1978 Judy was united in marriage to Scott Sievers at the Church of Christ in Alta, Iowa. Together, they were blessed with three children: Bradley, Jill, and Steven.

Judy was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church in rural Storm Lake where she served on various committees. While raising children, she was a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Albert City where she served as a member on the church board for several years as treasurer. She truly enjoyed playing the piano and organ for numerous churches.

Judy was excited to establish and involve herself within the Storm Lake community. She was appointed as a Buena Vista Regional Medical Center Foundation board member and a Lakeside City Council Member.

Judy went from a city girl to a full-fledged farm girl. She loved trucking and working side by side with her husband, Scott, in their trucking business. For the past eight years, the two of them spent much of their time relaxing on their pontoon boat. Judy was always up for a challenge, whether it be woodworking or home renovations.

Judy was a woman of many talents and hobbies. She loved expressing herself through her piano playing. She was also a fantastic cook, who enjoyed having a houseful of people to entertain. For Judy, a loud house meant more memories were being made! Judy spent much of her downtime being creative. She was known to make homemade cards and beautiful quilts. In fact, she lovingly made a unique quilt for the birth of each of her nine grandkids. Judy was an incredible grandmother who would drop anything to see her little ones. From fishing and playing catch to cuddling on the couch before bed, Judy was the epitome of love. She had a helpful heart and was always putting others' needs before her own. She will be deeply missed by everyone who was blessed enough to know and love her.

Those left to cherish her memory include her husband, Scott of Storm Lake, Iowa; children: Bradley (Tracy) Sievers of Plano, Texas; Jill (Eric) Miller of Bentonville, Arkansas; Steven (Emily) Sievers of Albert City, Iowa; mother, Shirley (Howard) Hatlelid of Storm Lake, Iowa; brother, Barry (Lucy) Jensen of Springfield, Illinois; sisters: Laurie (Russ) Allen of Pender, Nebraska; Diane (Rob) Bonnstetter of Waukee, Iowa; grandchildren: Tate, Knox, Brady Sievers; Cade, Colton, Jensen Miller; Emmett and Eliana Sievers; father-in-law, Myron Sievers of Albert City, Iowa; sister-in-law, Deb (Tom) Witt of Newell, Iowa; brothers-in-law: Todd (Laura) Sievers of Albert City, Iowa; Trent (Jill) Sievers of Albert City, Iowa, many extended family members and a host of friends.

Judy was preceded in death by her father, Leland Jensen; grandson, Nash Sievers; and mother-in-law, Jane Sievers.

http://www.fratzkejensen.com/obituar...rs/#!/Obituary

I found these posts about her -

Mom Judy Jensen-Sievers is such a trooper. Drs are trying to wake her up and stopped all pain and narcotic meds yesterday. She's not quite ready to open her eyes and wake up yet. They've adjusted her ventilator to act like a c-pap machine instead of breathing for her and she's doing awesome breathing on her own. She is off all blood pressure support meds (no vasopressors to keep her BP up) and they are planning to start putting her on and titrating up her CHF meds this afternoon. Her BP is fabulous and stable, heart rate is great. Her liver enzymes are still way high but are improved from yesterday. So that's good to hear. She's not following commands to squeeze hands and wiggle toes but is pain responsive. They will also start TPN later today/tonight, which is nutritional needs through her veins. So that makes me happy too. They placed a pleural drain tube yesterday afternoon and has total pulled off 1250cc of fluid off her lungs. Over a liter!!! So that should be a huge help in her breathing ability and ease. We can feel your love, prayers, and support! Keep it coming!!!

It's just crazy here... Mom Judy Jensen-Sievers will not open her eyes!!! But, she's breathing on her own, swallowing, coughing, responding to pain, eyes dilating appropriately, adjusting her body to get more comfortable. She just won't open her eyes and squeeze my hand. They just extubated her because she's been breathing on her own for so long (c-pap style through the vent tube). She's doing amazing figuring out how to adjust and breathe without the vent tube. Drs said its a stressful process. They have her in a sitting position in the bed and she's doing awesome (except for looking at me when I ask). She's actually snoring right now�� They did put an NG tube in so they can tube feed her and really stimulate her bowels. They will really be poking and prodding her this morning to get her more responsive. Her liver enzymes are still really high but are definitely improving. Her kidneys are functioning well. Her blood pressure is doing well. Her heart rate climbed (still normal for her 110s) when they extubated and sat her up (was 70-80). The chest tube that was placed a couple days ago to drain the right lung has put out almost 2 liters! They said when she becomes conscious that she will immediately notice her breathing being easier. Prayers for her to start being more responsive to commands. I'm ready to look this pretty lady in the eyes!!

I need all my prayer warriors out there again. Last night mom Judy Jensen-Sievers was pretty restless. White count is up again through the night and Drs are concerned over her discomfort and labored breathing. They are ordering a CT of the head chest abdomen and pelvis to see what's going on....they are concerned that sepsis is coming back. They are drawing for lactic acid levels soon.

Mom Judy Jensen-Sievers is still showing improvements this morning after labs. Not significant, but still better. I'll take it. She is going in for a procedure today to get a drainage tube placed in her pleural cavity to get fluid off her lung. I'm grateful for that because hopefully that will improve her breathing ability when she's ex-tubated. Appears as though the acute infection to her kidneys and liver has finally plateaued (Drs anticipated this due to the sepsis infection) and she will start to show more marked improvements after today. Her coloring is even better today as well. I can't wait for the time when she can squeeze my hand and look up at me again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers, posts and love. We feel it. Keep it coming!
    Special requests-her kidneys pick up a little in urine production because they can't give her meds to help them due to the acute liver damage, the procedure today will provide much needed relief for her breathing, perfect timing for taking her off the ventilator (not too early), and of course her crazy heart to pick up in function and perfect doses of heart meds to ease this journey.

So...yesterday mom Judy Jensen-Sievers decided to take us back on the roller coaster��. Over the last couple of days, mom's swelling in her ankles and abdomen had visually gotten worse. Yesterday her chest became a little tight and uncomfortable to breathe so we had a chest X-ray and visited Dr Daniels. Fluid was present on her right lung and he sent us to Sioux City immediately. The ER Dr and Cardiovascular Drs monitored mom over the next couple of hours with labs and blood work...(mom's poor arms-made it very difficult to find any veins to use making for several attempts every time). Last night they admitted mom to the ICU because of her complex case and several imbalances. This morning, the nurse told us they've taken off 2 liters of fluid over night(!!), her sodium levels have improved from 121 and are now 128. (Drs were EXTREMELY concerned over this last night), her potassium is still where it needs to be (can drop when that much diuretic is given). She still has significant swelling, but can already breathe better this morning. They will continue to pull the extra fluid off. She's on a liquid restriction and absolutely no plain water. Pray Drs can continue to work in the right direction here for mom and they find the perfect balance of medications so all of this severe swelling won't happen again. She still has ZERO appetite but tomorrow is the last day for the antibiotics for C-diff, which they said was altering her taste buds. So hopefully her appetite returns as well!

She was still too young to be taken imo. So many grandbabies too!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is so tragic to lose anyone, but especially for a daughter to lose the mother she was close to (I know that from experience). RIP Jill.

Thread Information