Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alayna Ertl (5) kidnapped and murdered

Alayna Ertl (5) kidnapped and murdered

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/08/20...en-in-watkins/

The Amber Alert has been canceled for a 5-year-old girl declared missing.

Meeker County officials say the body of Alayna Ertl has been found in Cass County.

The suspect, Zachary Anderson, has been arrested.

BringMeTheNews will update this story as more details are released.

Meeker County officials ask anyone with information to call the Meeker County dispatch at 320-693-5400.

Original story

An Amber Alert has been issued for a 5-year-old girl who was also declared missing, the Meeker County Sheriff?s Office said.

Alayna Ertl is described as a white girl, 45 pounds with shoulder length sandy blond hair and is approximately 3 feet tall. She was last seen in the city of Watkins this morning at 2 a.m. Her clothing is unknown.

Authorities have named Zachary Todd Anderson as a person of interest.

Anderson is a 26-year-old white male described as being 5 foot 11 inches tall, 190 pounds and with a short scruffy beard.

He may be possibly driving a 2002 GMC Sierra pickup bearing the license 107-KMT, which has been entered as stolen.

Information received that he may have been in Todd County at approximately 6:30 a.m.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Meeker County Sheriff?s Office at 320-693-5400.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What a gorgeous little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

X Infinity = this thread

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    What in the fuck is wrong with people anymore? Jezus H. Motherfucking Christ!

Zachary Todd Anderson, I don't know what you are, but I know you're not human. And since you're a significantly lower life form, I can honestly say that the human race is better off without you.

Look at that little baby. Five fucking years old...FIVE !!!

I pray her father has the restraint to keep from killing that waste of oxygen.

What a fucking tool. Someone please bury this motherfucker alive and let him scream and kick and suffer before he dies. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Buried alive covered in honey next to a fire ant mound.

I guess Zachary is a co-worker of dads'. The news says he stayed with the family many times overnight.

Sadly, I feel like this girl's autopsy is not going to be pretty. It sounds like another pervert who developed a creepy fascination with a little girl.

Alayna Jeanne Ertl, the 5-year-old girl kidnapped from her Watkins home Saturday and whose body was later found in a wooded area of Cass County, died as a result of homicidal violence, officials reported.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office's preliminary autopsy results were released late Sunday. The suspect in the crime, Zachary Todd Anderson, 25, Coon Rapids, is in custody in the Crow Wing County Jail in Brainerd on probable cause murder and kidnapping. Anderson was taken to the Brainerd jail due to space issues at the Cass County Jail, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension reported. Anderson is expected to make his first court appearance in Cass County District Court on Monday or Tuesday.

The crime is being investigated jointly by the Meeker and Cass County sheriff's offices and the BCA.

Meeker County Sheriff's Office deputies received a report at 10 a.m. Saturday of a missing child. Ertl's parents told deputies she had been put to bed at 2 a.m. Saturday and at 8 a.m. both the girl and a guest who had spent the night, Anderson, were gone. The parent's white GMC Sierra truck also was missing with the father's cell phone inside.

Deputies conducted a neighborhood canvass for Alayna. They also contacted the family's cell phone provider to try to locate the whereabouts of Anderson. When Alayna was not located during the canvass, the Meeker County Sheriff's Office contacted the BCA to request assistance with the investigation.

BCA agents and sheriff's deputies canvassed local businesses and the neighborhood for video surveillance images and worked to develop information on the whereabouts of Anderson. When the video and leads did not result in Alayna or Anderson being located, an AMBER Alert was issued at 1:12 p.m. Saturday.

Cass County sheriff's deputies located the stolen vehicle on property owned by Anderson's family in rural Cass County. No one was inside the vehicle or a cabin on the property, the BCA stated.

Additional law enforcement responded to the property and Anderson was located at 4:24 p.m. by K-9 officers in a wooded area about a quarter mile from the cabin on the 4900 block of Iroquois Trail Loop Southwest. Anderson did not attempt to flee, he did not have a weapon and did not resist arrest, the BCA stated.

Information provided by the suspect as well as additional investigative efforts lead law enforcement to Alayna's remains in a swampy wooded area a few 100 yards from the cabin. She was pronounced deceased at the scene.

This remains an active and ongoing investigation. Law enforcement continues to seek information from anyone who encountered Anderson or the stolen vehicle on Saturday at 320-693-5400.

Assistance in the investigation is being provided by the Todd County Sheriff's Office, the Minnesota State Patrol, Baxter and Coon Rapids police departments, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the FBI, and the Cass and Meeker County attorneys offices, North Memorial Ambulance Services and Minnesota Canine Search and Rescue and Tracking.
    http://www.wdaz.com/news/crime/40990...ns-girls-death

homicidal violence.

Sounds terrible. Anybody know exactly what that means?
    Does it mean commits homicide in a very violent way?

This
    "Complex homicidal violence generally means just that --not a single type of injury," says Dallas Drake, principal research at Center for Homicide Research. "There may be multiple types of injury. If there's a wound, it's not a single wound. It's a series of wounds or a series of types of wounds."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    homicidal violence.

Sounds terrible. Anybody know exactly what that means?
    Does it mean commits homicide in a very violent way?
    Attack was so violent that exact cause of death cannot be determined?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little girl. So scary that her murderer was essentially given full rein to take her and do whatever he ended up doing to her. Not putting the parents at fault here, but parents need to be aware of who they are allowing around their children.

Exactly.
    Press says pending formal charges of kidnapping and premeditated first degree murder.

They haven't mentioned anything about sexual assault so I'm wondering if they're purposefully leaving it out of reports and if not, what was this guy's motive for doing this? I haven't heard of any ransom note being left. Why would this guy kidnap and murder a five year old? It just doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They haven't mentioned anything about sexual assault so I'm wondering if they're purposefully leaving it out of reports and if not, what was this guy's motive for doing this? I haven't heard of any ransom note being left. Why would this guy kidnap and murder a five year old? It just doesn't make sense
    They are supposed to announce all the formal charges Tuesday. That's why I confused about the homicidal violence thing. That just sounds f'ing awful. I may stay out of this thread for awhile.
    I bet sexual assault will be one of them. He took her away to a family cabin.
    http://www.startribune.com/town-of-w...led/390984691/

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    They are supposed to announce all the formal charges Tuesday. That's why I confused about the homicidal violence thing. That just sounds f'ing awful. I may stay out of this thread for awhile.
    I bet sexual assault will be one of them. He took her away to a family cabin.
    It's automatically what I assumed as well. I can't think of any other reason. I just found it strange that they haven't mentioned that. Either way, what a POS.

Unless he panicked and killed her before an assault. Is it weird to hope that's the case?

She looks so much like my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    Unless he panicked and killed her before an assault. Is it weird to hope that's the case?
    Not at all because I was thinking the same. That possibly the motive was sexual, but that he didn't get that far and that's why there's no mention of it. I kind of hope that's the case

Police tape blocks the entrance to the cabin near the spot where the body of Alayna Ertl, 5, of Watkins, was found Saturday. The cabin, which is northwest of Brainerd, belongs to the family of Zachary T. Anderson, who is being held in connection with the girl's death.

Zachary T. Anderson, 25, who has lived in recent years in Monticello and Coon Rapids, has been jailed since Saturday on suspicion of kidnapping and murder.

He is scheduled to appear before a Cass County judge in Walker during a hearing that starts at 11:30 a.m. A criminal complaint spelling out the charges will be filed in District Court about that time or soon after, a court official said.

Alayna was last seen when she was put to bed at 2 a.m. Saturday. Her mother, Kayla Ertl, discovered she was missing at 8 a.m., authorities said. Anderson, who was staying over at the Ertls' home, was also gone, along with a pickup truck belonging to Matt Ertl, Alayna's father.

Authorities issued a widespread Amber Alert in an effort find her. They located the truck that afternoon on property owned by Anderson's family in Cass County. No one was inside the vehicle or in a cabin on the property near Motley.

Authorities used dogs and tracked Anderson to a wooded area a quarter-mile from the cabin, located several miles down a gravel road from the entrance to Wilderness Park, a collection of small cabins and trailer homes nestled among tall trees.

Anderson, unarmed, did not flee or resist arrest and provided information that led authorities to Alayna's body in a swampy area a few hundred yards from the cabin.

A preliminary autopsy by the Ramsey County medical examiner said Alayna died of "homicidal violence" but offered no specifics.

Along with being co-workers for a multistate utility line location company, Anderson and Matt Ertl played on the same softball team during the summer and would occasionally stay over with the family afterward.

Prior to being implicated in Alayna's death, Anderson's criminal history as an adult appears limited to minor traffic violations and a handful of calls in Wright County for other matters, including an assault in April 2014 and four incidents involving domestic disturbance, the Sheriff's Office in that county said Tuesday. None of those resulted in any arrests or charges.

"Alayna gave joy to our lives by always having a smile," her obituary online read. "She was an animal lover, a princess, a singer, a great friend to everyone she met, and was our peanut. She loved learning from her brother, and always gave the best hugs."

A funeral has been scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church. Burial will follow at the church cemetery. There are two visitation times: Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. and Friday from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Ertl Funeral Home, also in Watkins.

Along with parents Matt and Kayla, Alayna is survived by her brother, Carter.

A fundraising effort on gofundme.com has received more than $30,000 in pledges to help the family with expenses related to Alayna's death.
    http://www.startribune.com/court-tim...old/391043951/

Alayna Ertl lived the carefree life of a 5-year-old in a small central Minnesota town. She swung a hula hoop around her small frame and rode a bicycle on city sidewalks outside her tan-sided house. She followed around a cousin a few years older, whom she adored.

?Laynie,? as family members called her, was a giggly and sometimes silly girl who loved to wear skirts and jewelry, a relative said, but also loved to play with her older brother on go-cart-type cars that their father built.

It?s unfathomable to people in this stoplight-free town of fewer than 1,000 residents that the girl could end up the victim of a homicide. Unfathomable that the accused perpetrator is a man her family considered a friend, a man whom many in town came to recognize as he spent Friday nights this summer playing softball on Alayna?s dad?s team and tipping back a few drinks in the local bars.

?Everybody just wants to know why,? Chris Cates said as she stood near the counter of Stein?s Thriftway Foods, the local grocery store where she works. ?What possesses a person that?s a family friend? That?s the main question that?s hanging over the town.?

Alayna was last seen when she was put to bed at 2 a.m. Saturday. Her mother, Kayla Ertl, discovered she was missing at 8 a.m., authorities said. Anderson, who was staying over at the Ertls? home, was also gone, along with a pickup truck belonging to Matt Ertl, Alayna?s father.

Authorities found the missing truck about eight hours later on property owned by Anderson?s family in Cass County. No one was inside the truck or in a cabin on the property near Motley, about 80 miles north of Watkins. Authorities used dogs to track Anderson to a wooded area a quarter mile from the cabin, located several miles down a gravel road from the entrance to Wilderness Park, a collection of small cabins and trailer homes nestled among tall trees.

Anderson, unarmed, did not flee or resist arrest and provided information that led authorities to Alayna?s body in a swampy area a few hundred yards from the cabin.

A preliminary autopsy by the Ramsey County medical examiner said Alayna died of ?homicidal violence.?

As of Monday afternoon, the cabin and surrounding property were cordoned off with yellow tape that read ?Sheriffs line do not cross.?

Searching for answers

Since Alayna?s body was found, a stream of friends and family members carrying balloons, stuffed animals and other gifts have appeared at the Ertls? home. It sits a stone?s throw from the Catholic church where Alayna will be remembered at a funeral Friday morning. Neighbors halted approaching journalists, saying only that they and the family wanted privacy.

Inside Gordies bar on Central Avenue, where Anderson sometimes went with Matt Ertl and others after softball games, teacher Kendria Kramer shook her head Monday. In a small, tight-knit community, speculation often spreads quickly about what might have led up to something so tragic. But people in Watkins, she said, are stunned.

?I don?t think anyone has a clue,? she said.

Nicole Rohrbeck, whose husband is Matt Ertl?s cousin, said Alayna came to her house for haircuts and played with her children, one of whom was born just a few weeks before Alayna.

Somewhat bashful, Alayna would take a while to warm up to people, Rohrbeck said, but once she did she was bubbly.

?She?s always been a little shy, but always happy,? Rohrbeck said. ?I?ve never seen her unhappy.?

About a year ago, Rohrbeck said, she cut Alayna?s sandy brown hair stylishly short and Alayna was ?in heaven? about it. ?It was her preschool haircut,? she said.

Rohrbeck?s husband also worked with Matt Ertl and Anderson at Vannguard, a multistate company that locates and marks underground utility lines.

The two cousins had known Anderson for a couple of years at least, Rohrbeck said. Anderson played on Matt Ertl?s softball team every Friday night throughout the summer, often crashing for the night at the Ertls? house after having a few drinks at the local bars.

Rohrbeck, who sometimes tends bar at Gordies, said Anderson was outgoing and talkative, often telling her anecdotes about her husband at work.

She never saw a reason to question his intentions.

?Where?s the line when you know when to trust somebody or not?? she asked. ?It?s too hard to fathom what in the world could have happened.?

?Shakes everybody?

It?s the second tragedy to hit the town, located about an hour?s drive northwest of the Twin Cities, in two months.

Carpenters were still pounding nails and sawing wood Monday while repairing houses hit by a tornado that tore through Watkins on July 11, damaging about 30 homes, a dozen of them severely.

The Rev. Aaron Nett, a new pastor at the tall-steepled Church of St. Anthony, said the Watkins community reacted very quickly to help residents recover from the twister.

A table inside city hall is still filled with donated soaps, foodstuffs and other goods for tornado victims.

Nett said he?s seen relatives and friends support the Ertls now, too. The congregation of about 250 families is praying for peace and healing, he said.
    Nicole Rohrbeck, 24, at top, gave Alayna Ertl haircuts and said, ?I?ve never seen her unhappy.? Above, neighbors and family members have been bringing flowers and balloons to the Ertl family home on Meeker Street in Watkins, Minn. At left, a memorial sign was put up near the cabin where the girl was found.
    Photos by Jerry Holt Star Tribune
    Nicole Rohrbeck, 24, at top, gave Alayna Ertl haircuts and said, ?I?ve never seen her unhappy.? Above, neighbors and family members have been bringing flowers and balloons to the Ertl family home on Meeker Street in Watkins, Minn. At left, a memorial sign was put up near the cabin where the girl was found.

?Certainly, something as tragic as this shakes everybody,? Nett said. ?A parent losing a child is extremely painful; in this way just makes it more so.?

Funeral home director Tom Ertl, a third cousin to Alayna, said the girl?s family is doing the best they can.

Preparing for a child?s funeral is more difficult for everyone, he said.

?This is senseless,? he said. ?Accidents happen, but this makes no sense.?

With so many unanswered questions about how and why Alayna was killed, the town is hoping that Anderson continues to cooperate with authorities and explains what happened so the community can try to make sense of it all.

?A freak of nature, we can handle,? Rohrbeck said. ?This makes you sick.?

A 25-year-old man has been charged in the abduction, sexual assault and death of a 5-year-old girl from central Minnesota.

Authorities say Zachary Todd Anderson kidnapped Alayna Ertl early Saturday from her home in Watkins, about 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Alayna's body was found later that day.

Anderson was charged Tuesday with murder, criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping and motor vehicle theft.

Anderson, a family friend, was spending Friday night at the Ertl family's house. Alayna was last seen when she was put to bed around 2 a.m. Saturday. She and Anderson were gone by morning.

He was found hours later at his family's cabin near Motley, about 80 miles to the north. Authorities say he provided information that led them to Alayna's body.

Anderson most recently lived in Coon Rapids.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article...-of-young-girl

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A 25-year-old man has been charged in the abduction, sexual assault and death of a 5-year-old girl from central Minnesota.

Authorities say Zachary Todd Anderson kidnapped Alayna Ertl early Saturday from her home in Watkins, about 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Alayna's body was found later that day.

Anderson was charged Tuesday with murder, criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping and motor vehicle theft.

Anderson, a family friend, was spending Friday night at the Ertl family's house. Alayna was last seen when she was put to bed around 2 a.m. Saturday. She and Anderson were gone by morning.

He was found hours later at his family's cabin near Motley, about 80 miles to the north. Authorities say he provided information that led them to Alayna's body.

Anderson most recently lived in Coon Rapids.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article...-of-young-girl
    And there it is. That asswipe. That poor girl went through hell before he killed her.

This is awful, truly awful. What a way to pay back your friends for letting you crash at their home. I will never understand an adults with a sexual proclivity towards children. Never!

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    This is awful, truly awful. What a way to pay back your friends for letting you crash at their home. I will never understand an adults with a sexual proclivity towards children. Never!
    IKR? And even if you have a thing for little kids why would you steal a child when the family knows you? Not only knows you, but they know you had the means to take their kid? I mean you had to know they'd come for you right? When you ran to your family home?

Snatch a kid from walmart or the play ground or...

When Zachary Anderson was named as the suspect in the kidnapping, sexual assault and murder of 5-year-old Alayna Ertl, his criminal record showed little more than traffic violations.

But one woman knows there's more.

“Now that everything has happened, I look back and it makes everything look so much more creepy,” says the woman, who KARE 11 has agreed not to identify because she was a crime victim.

The woman and her young children lived next door in Monticello to Zachary Anderson and his family in 2006. He was 16, she was 31. Court documents lay out how, shortly after she moved in, the woman started receiving notes on her car.

“Saying things like, ‘You're super hot,’ and, ‘I would like to be your boyfriend. And if you want a boyfriend, call this number.’ Well I never called the number, who would?” the woman said.

Then court records document several occasions where moments after smoking in her garage, her cigarettes would be stolen.

But then came an alarming incident in December 2006, when, according to court documents, Anderson showed up in the middle of the night, drunk, in nothing but his boxers, pounding on her door.

“And he's like, “Just let me in.” And he was pushing his face in the door and trying to push the door open. And I'm like, “No, you're not coming in, and you're going home right now. This is ridiculous.’ And he's like, ‘Just let me in, I'm going to F*** you.’ And I'm like, ‘No, you're not.’ And he's like, ‘You know you want to F*** me.’ I just kind of laughed it off a little bit and was like, ‘Yeah, I don't think so,” the woman said.

But she could no longer laugh it off months later, when her cell phone was stolen in the middle of the night as she and her young children slept.

Anderson admitted to police he stole it and later pleaded guilty to burglary.

“It made me just sick, knowing how close he was to me, how close he was to my kids,” the woman said.

The woman said she was afraid of Anderson after the burglary, and scared for her children to sleep next door to him. But his family was evicted after the charge. He was sentenced to community service for that.

If convicted on the kidnapping and murder charges in this week's case, he'd face up to 40 years in prison. If indicted by a grand jury of first-degree murder, then the maximum penalty if found guilty rises to life in prison.

http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/cou...side/307490120

Thread Information