Thread: Darin Czuback (7 August 2016) and his son Kevin (8 October 2015) - need COD

Darin Czuback (7 August 2016) and his son Kevin (8 October 2015) - need COD

So it sounds like Darin either overdosed or suicided?

https://www.facebook.com/shubox8?fref=ts

Darin and his wife, Gia, a sister in blue experienced one of the most horrific losses, their son who left this world way too soon. Almost 10 months to the date, Darin, unable to fight the demons that took over his life succumbed to those demons. Now his wife and his sister, Debby, both sisters in blue are struggling to come to terms and find peace in their heart to endure these tragic losses. With our help and prayers it is our wish that they continue to faithfully move forward for the sake of their other children.

https://www.gofundme.com/2znqdv4s

Darin W. Czubak passed away suddenly, August 7, 2016. Late of Chicago, IL he was the loving husband of, Gia CPD (nee Menconi); devoted father of: Kaelyn, Kyle, and late Kevin Czubak; dear son of late David Czubak and late Dolores Jance; dear step son of, Robert Jance; dear brother of: Debbra CPD (Mike) Homan, David Peter Czubak, Daniel (Donna) Czubak; dear son-in-law of: Pam (late Keith) Hoagland, and Ivano Menconi; many nieces, nephews, great nieces, and great nephews. Darin was Past President of Mt. Carmel High School Father's Club, Member of Whiting Knights of Columbus. Visitation Friday, August 12, 2016, 2:00 - 9:00 p.m. Funeral Services Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. from Elmwood Chapel, 11200 S. Ewing Ave, Chicago to St. John The Baptist Church, Whiting ,IN, for a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 a.m. Interment Holy Cross Cemetery. (773) 731-2749. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwi....LvUYlQVI.dpuf

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.czubak

Kevin "Kev" Czubak. Passed away suddenly October 8, 2015. Late of Chicago. Beloved son of Darin and Gia CPD (Menconi). Dear brother of Kaelyn and Kyle. Dear grandson of Pam (late Keith) Hoagland and Ivano Menconi, and late Delores (Robert) Jance and late David Czubak. Dear nephew of Debbra CPD (Mike) Homan, David Peter Czubak, Daniel (Donna) Czubak, Marco (Fiancee Gina) Menconi, Vincent (Eva) Menconi. Also survived by many cousins and friends. Kevin was a Junior at Mount Carmel High School, also a Student Council Member and active in Sports Programs at Mount Carmel. Visitation Monday, October 12, 2015 from 3:30 PM until 9:00 PM at Mount Carmel High School Convocation Center (6410 S. Dante, Chicago,IL). Visitation Tuesday October 13, 2015 from 9:00 AM until time of Funeral Mass 10:00 AM at St. John The Baptist Church, Whiting,IN. Interment Holy Cross Cemetery. Please Omit Flowers. Arrangements by Kompare Funeral Home. (773) 768-8800 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwi....KfwhstYp.dpuf

The Mount Carmel family suffered a tragic loss on Thursday, October 8, with the sudden death of junior Kevin Czubak. Upon arriving to school, the student body was immediately called to the Cacciatore Gym where the news was shared in the context of a brief prayer service at the beginning of the day. Students and faculty then retired to Studium groups to allow time to remember Kevin and begin the grieving process as a community.
    The original schedule for Thursday had included College Readiness Testing in the morning, followed by a noon dismissal in preparation for parent-teacher conferences in the afternoon. In light of the community?s loss, both those activities were postponed. Instead, notifications were sent to the entire school community so that parents and upperclassmen who were exempt from the day?s testing might be able to join the rest of the school in prayer.
    A more formal prayer service, based on the Catholic Church?s ?Office of the Dead,? began around 10:30 AM. The entire faculty and student body were joined by nearly 100 parents and alumni to pray for Kevin and the Czubak famly.
    According to junior Conor Langs, who shared many classes with Czubak over the years, he was ?a funny, energetic, and talented person.?
    Another classmate, Jack Lockard, recalled numerous occasions when Kevin?s friendly nature would make others smile. ?Whether it was cracking a joke or asking a question like ?How does air work?? he always made us laugh.?
    Roberto Del Real recalls how in Psychology class, Kevin would explain how his dreams ?were like an advertisement.? The way Kevin described those dreams was ?hilarious, and I remember he and I agreed that the dreams were hilarious. So he gave me an air high five from across the room. I?ll always remember that moment.?
    Senior Matt McKay had the opportunity to know Kevin through football and rugby, the two varsity sports both played. His most recent memory was of lining up against Kevin during practice. ?I outweigh Kevin by about 100 pounds or so, but Kevin fought more than anyone on the team. He would get right back up no matter what happened. He was all about team.?
    Senior Ryan Noonan, who wasn?t close with Kevin but like so many others, knew him as a friendly guy, summarized the feelings so many expressed in the hallways and classrooms on Thursday and Friday. ?Kevin was a good kid who loved to smile and have a good time. He will be dearly missed.?
    A wake for Kevin Czubak will be held at Mount Carmel on Monday from 3:30 PM to 9:00 PM. The funeral Mass will take place at St. John the Baptist Church, 1849 Lincoln Avenue, in Whiting, Indiana, at 10 AM Tuesday. Out of respect for Kevin and his family, and to enable the school community to participate in the funeral liturgy, Mount Carmel has cancelled classes on Tuesday.

http://mccaravan.org/news/2015/10/09...rns-a-brother/

An article about the son, Kevin. He was a popular football player.

The team wore black wristbands with Czubak's No. 36 on them and will do so for the remainder of the season. The Caravan also wore, as they have all season, the initials "KH" on the back of their helmets in honor of Kevin Hansen, a teacher at Mount Carmel and equipment manager for the football team who died in April.

"We talked a lot to the team about overcoming adversity in life," Lenti said. "This is one of those things, losing someone close to you, that happens in life. All of our kids have had to deal with adversity at some point in their lives and through this season, and this is another time to deal with it. It's good that they're together and can support each other."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...009-story.html

This is so sad. Dad prob couldn't handle losing his son & decided to go be w him. How did the some die,I wonder? He looked healthy.
    RIP Darin and Kevin ��
    Edit: I just read through some old comments about Kevin's passing. Apparently he committed suicide. I'm on my phone so I couldn't copy the comment. This community gave them so much love & support. They even bought a football ring & pendant for Darin w his son's name on it. I feel bad for his daughter Gia. She lost her brother & now her daddy. ��
    Last edited by Lily Rivers; 08-14-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Thread Information