Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanessa Marcotte (27) found sexually assaulted and strangled to death in Princeton

Vanessa Marcotte (27) found sexually assaulted and strangled to death in Princeton

I forgot to put JOGGER in the title. Can a mod edit it? Thanks

Marcotte, a former Leominster resident who was living in New York, was murdered Sunday after going for a jog about 1 p.m., along Brooks Station Road in Princeton. Police were notified by her family when she did not return home. Her body was found in a wooded area just a half mile from her mother's home by a police K9 unit Sunday at 8:20 p.m.

According to multiple news outlets, including WCVB and NECN, a state police source said Marcotte's body was found unclothed, and that her hands, feet and part of her head had been burned.

Vetrano was strangled and sexually assaulted after setting out for a jog just after 5 p.m., on Aug. 2, through a park several blocks from her Queens home.

In a press conference held outside Princeton Town Hall on Tuesday afternoon, Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said, "We understand there are similarities" between the two cases.

"We're approaching this from every angle," he said. "We're fairly early in the investigation."

Marcotte had been working as an account manager for Google since January 2015. She was a 2011 graduate of Boston University and a 2007 graduate of the Bancroft School in Worcester.

Early said an autopsy was conducted on Marcotte's body Tuesday morning, and based on preliminary information, "we do believe (her death) was a homicide."

Asked whether her body was burned, Early said he would "not speak to the condition of her body."

Massachusetts law-enforcement officials believe Marcotte's death likely took place Sunday, between 1 and 4 p.m., and are asking anyone who might have seen anything suspicious during that time period to contact police.

At the press conference, Early urged anyone who was in the vicinity of Brooks Station Road on Sunday who "may have seen a woman walking or running" to call the Massachusetts State Police tip line at 508-453-7589.

The tip line has received hundreds of calls so far, he said, and state police are "following every lead."

"The tips that are coming in have provided us with a lot of good information in regards to this case," he said.

On Monday, Early and Princeton Police Chief Michele Powers urged local residents to use an abundance of caution and remain aware of their surroundings while traveling through the area.

That was similar advice offered by Police Chief Sam Albert in the neighboring town of Westminster.

"People do have to be aware because these kinds of tragedies can happen in communities as small as this," he said. "A lot of our residents do go up there to hike and run and frequent the area around Mount Wachusett and the surrounding roads, so we've been trying to urge people to do their due diligence. If they go out running or hiking, go in pairs and not alone."

Albert also said that calls to the Police Department have greatly increased since the investigation began.

"Just in the last couple days, we've had an increase in calls for appointments and a lot of people asking how they can get pepper spray or to get permits for firearms," he said.

The District Attorney's Office has asked anyone with information relevant to the investigation to call the Massachusetts State Police tip line at 508-453-7589, the state police detectives assigned to the Worcester County District Attorney's office at 508-453-7589, or the Princeton Police Department at 978-464-2928.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com...#ixzz4Gug1MKLm

Google account manager Marcotte, 27, lived in New York and was home visiting her mother, Rossana, in nearby Princeton over the weekend.
    She went out for a jog on Sunday afternoon nut was reported missing after failing to return from a run between 1pm and 4pm in Princeton.
    Her body was discovered in a wooded area just a half mile from her mother's home by a police K9 unit later that night at 8:20 p.m.
    Investigators were examining the possibility that Marcotte was sexually assaulted and set on fire, with burns to her hands, head and feet, a source told Fox25 in Boston.
    Today her father John Marcotte, 64, told of the anguish of her devastated family as he appealed to the public to help catch her killer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4GugNMR3L
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Here's a link to the other joggers thread- just in case they're linked late on- Karina Vetrano (I doubt they are tho. It's looks like the two areas are 3 hours apart)
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ngled-to-death
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-10-2016 at 12:00 AM.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...feet_and_hands

Her facebook (private)
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1242930192

RIP
    https://www.facebook.com/RIP-Vanessa...329602742/home

5 facts from Heavy
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/vaness...her-instagram/

Marcotte's boyfriend is not being considered as suspect because he was out of the country, in Australia, on Sunday, WHDH’s Cheryl Fiandaca reports

Linked in
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessamarcotte
    twitter
    https://twitter.com/vtmarcotte
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/v_marcotte/
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-10-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Horrible. I hope they catch the piece of shit who is doing this. I cannot see how this one and Karina Vetrano's are not related. I hope they find him and fast before he attacks another woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

She was gorgeous too this woman's attacker had to be seen by someone. I wonder if he (or she) posed as another jogger, to not look suspicious?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

These women have similar characteristics, both are beautiful, with long brown hair and both were jogging. I wonder if there is a link between the two woman?

According to my father, Karina was a distant cousin of mine. We have a ton of family in New York. I can't access her thread from work because of the title of the article, been meaning to get on there when I'm at home.

The similarities between these two are too striking not to notice...

Cops didn't come out and say they weren't related. As far as I've read, they're investigating possible links, though over state lines will make this more difficult if they do get more info to connect them.

RIP Vanessa. Two beautiful girls. And some awful, predatory creep getting his kicks by reading all of the to do in the media. Ugh.
    Last edited by aphaziak; 08-11-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

It looks like Vanessa fought back.

say she was attacked by a man and may have injured him in a struggle.

Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. asked for the public's help Thursday identifying a man with scratches, scrapes or bruises sustained Sunday.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...s-was-attacked

The dailymail says the police have a suspect. I guess he showed up at the resort close by and was all busted up. He said he was in a motorcycle accident
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-jogging.html
    Crowley went onto explain: 'A man and woman appeared at the resort around 2 o'clock on Sunday afternoon and said that they had been in a motorcycle crash, or had somehow come off the motorcycle.
    'They claimed that the ambulance driver had told them to go up to the resort because we were open to clean up which seemed odd to my employee who recounted the incident.
    'She said she didn't see any sign of an ambulance and it seemed strange to her that anyone would have given that advice if that's really what happened.'
    According to the employee, the man's arms were, 'all cut and scraped up'.
    The employee has reported the unsettling encounter to police investigating the horrific killing that took place on Sunday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4H73wSx13
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh please let this be the suspect!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very tragic. So still no word on the guy they might have as a suspect?

I am so spiritually fascinated and sadden, in how evil spirits work against the goodness of mankind.

Rev 12:17

And the dragon has wrath against the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

Omg, Lazarus, please be so kind as to fuck off.

They haven't posted any new leads (as far as I can see) for this. Central Mass has taken this one very very hard. I have a few friends from Princeton - it's such a rural, small town.. in the middle of no where. I can see how someone could be killed in broad daylight and never be found..

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It looks like Vanessa fought back.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...s-was-attacked

The dailymail says the police have a suspect. I guess he showed up at the resort close by and was all busted up. He said he was in a motorcycle accident
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-jogging.html
    Not the suspect. They showed up at Wachusett Mountain country club to clean up after a motorcycle accident. Although strange that an EMT's had them go there to clean up, it was confirmed to be reported to police and they are not suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    Not the suspect. They showed up at Wachusett Mountain country club to clean up after a motorcycle accident. Although strange that an EMT's had them go there to clean up, it was confirmed to be reported to police and they are not suspects.
    I thought it was weird that the EMT's would have them do that too. I figured if the guy got those injuries by attacking a woman, he would be more secretive about people seeing them.

Thanks for the update.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I was hoping someone saw the suspect, but if it's a rural area, I guess not
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-17-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Stupid DP

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    This was in my MSN News feed...
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cid=spartandhp

Slain jogger's parents make unexpected offer to killer

NEW YORK ? As the money donated to a reward fund soars above $250,000, the parents of a woman who was killed while jogging in Queens Aug. 2 said if the murderer confesses to the crime, the killer?s own family could receive the money.

?Turn yourself in. I will make sure the reward money goes to the person of your choice. Your sister, your brother, your mother. It?s a life changer,? said Phil Vetrano Tuesday at a walk in honor of Karina Vetrano, who was sexually assaulted and strangled to death.

?You will be caught, so take advantage of that (offer),? Phil Vetrano said. A GoFundMe crowdfunding campaign launched by Phil Vetrano has raised more than $250,000 since it was started on Aug. 10.

Hundreds turned out Tuesday for the walk, which retraced Karina Vetrano?s final steps, reports CBS New York. They held balloons and chanted ?justice for Karina? as they walked in the Howard Beach neighborhood.

?We gather here to pray for her soul, and for her parents who are hurting so much,? said Breeda Connolly of Howard Beach.

The pain was apparent as Vetrano?s mother spoke of the murderer.

?He?s a weak, evil piece of s**t, and that?s too good to call him,? said Cathy Vetrano.

Karina Vetrano, 30, was murdered Aug. 2 as she jogged through a marshy area near her home. Hours later her father found her body while searching with investigators, according to police.

Vetrano was face down with her teeth broken, scrapes on her legs and her sports bra and shorts pulled down, according to sources who spoke with CBS New York.

On Tuesday, Phil Vetrano was among those releasing balloons into the sky as a tribute to his daughter.

He said he hoped his message reached the right person.

?Turn yourself in,? he said. ?Turn yourself in.?

Hmm I don think I have ever heard of a victim's family making an offer like that before? I really don't see the murderer turning himself in though. They usually only care about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    NEW YORK ? As the money donated to a reward fund soars above $250,000, the parents of a woman who was killed while jogging in Queens Aug. 2 said if the murderer confesses to the crime, the killer?s own family could receive the money.
    I think this is pretty clever/cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Hmm I don think I have ever heard of a victim's family making an offer like that before? I really don't see the murderer turning himself in though. They usually only care about themselves.
    It will be interesting to see if it works.

I bet the police are not happy about this tho. They're gonna get a lot of people "false confessing" to this. It may delay the investigation if the police have to spend all their time going over all the loons coming forward.

It sounds like the parents and the police are not getting along.
    For some reason, I can see dad making the NEWS a lot in the upcoming weeks. I think he's going to say/do whatever he wants. I can see them hiring their own PI, doing their own investigating, interviewing people, etc..

Wait......the parents I'm talking about are Katherine's parents. Not Vanessa's.

I think I got the murdered jogging girls mixed up.

Two different cases - similar though, and very close together.

That's a first,never heard the victims family offering the murderers family the reward money. Interesting way to go about it & to see if it works. Hope they caught the monster regardless. Makes me afraid to let my daughter go anywhere by herself!

All of it is upsetting but knowing that she fought for her life and the killer(s) just burned the evidence of her fight is what kills me.. there's NO dna there anywhere? Not on the side of the road, the woods.. anywhere? I have a feeling this one is going to go unsolved..

Quote Originally Posted by soultosqueeze View Post
    All of it is upsetting but knowing that she fought for her life and the killer(s) just burned the evidence of her fight is what kills me.. there's NO dna there anywhere? Not on the side of the road, the woods.. anywhere? I have a feeling this one is going to go unsolved..

You are correct.. this poor soul was a blood sacrifice and the highest command of the Devil Demon enter a elite person , whom has a connection to the police law enforcement... This case will be sweep under the rug... Just like the woman killed in the church by the SWAT commando person....

Thread Information