Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Karina Vetrano (30) jogger found sexually assaulted and strangled to death

Interesting, Ron.

Is he wearing a bulletproof vest under his shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Interesting, Ron.
    Yep. Saying that he is a kid and that's she's fit enough to take him. That her father usually always went with her, but this time he didn't, then he "finds" the body.

And how no one is walking from Brooklyn to Howard Beach for something to eat. Howard Beach is notoriously one of the most racist neighborhoods in the city, so a black guy doing it is even stranger.

I'm just throwing this onto the conversion. Some people are like "well that's over" while for others.....not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I never thought about all that, Ron.

Hmmmm, it's def iffy.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Man, the internet is NOT buying this shit.

So they say the kid is special needs and the confession was coerced, and the DNA planted. There's talk of the crooked NYPD and the way the Central Park 5 got railroaded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case
    Nope, I'm not buying it either. For one, the father acted as if he knew who the killer was. It appears that they just needed to solve the case.

I thought it was weird that dad "knew something was wrong" 20 MINUTES after she left and called a cop he KNEW.

Still not sure what to think, just thought that part as odd.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I remember the Central Park 5. I'm suspicious as well of all of this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I thought this was just goofy conspiracy shit. But if MDS'ers remain unconvinced, so shall I.

I thought this was just goofy conspiracy shit. But if MDS'ers remain unconvinced, so shall I.
    Eh, I'm leaning more towards conspiracy. But, I am not going to ignore some weird stuff that pops out to me.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/queens-jogg...ry?id=46602647

Queens jogger murder suspect now charged with sexual abuse

The Brooklyn man accused of murdering Queens jogger Karina Vetrano has now also been charged with sexual abuse in the case, the Queens District Attorney's Office said.

Chanel Lewis, 20, was arrested in February for second-degree murder, a little over six months after 30-year-old Vetrano's death. She was fatally strangled on Aug. 2, 2016, while jogging alone in Howard Beach in the borough of Queens, on a path where she and her father often ran together.
    Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said today that a Queens County grand jury returned a 13-count indictment charging Lewis with four counts of first-degree murder; five counts of second-degree murder; two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual abuse and two counts of first-degree sexual abuse. If convicted, Lewis faces up to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Am I wrong for side eyeing daddy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

You and half the internet.

Maybe; maybe not. After all of the true crime TV shows we've seen, the books & magazines & newspaper articles about crimes that we've read, plus the Internet- including MDS of course, we know that a LOT of murders are committed by someone close to the victim. Sad but true. Side-eyeing probably comes along with crime solving more often than nor. Anyway, it's not like you'd already built the gallows & made the noose, beli!

Man, the internet is NOT buying this shit.

So they say the kid is special needs and the confession was coerced, and the DNA planted. There's talk of the crooked NYPD and the way the Central Park 5 got railroaded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case
    I missed all of this, but the DNA doesn't even need to be planted. Anyone who still isn't treating DNA evidence with as much scepticism as eye witness/ear witness testimony really needs to check out the links I posted on the last page

I used to think DNA was the most solid kind of evidence in existence but it's really, really not.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...son-or-freedom

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ims-of-chance/

DNA testing is setting a lot of wrongfully convicted people free, but it's creating lot's of miscarriages of justice too because it has nothing to do with "perfect matches" & there are just SO MANY ways it can fuck up - not just cross-contamination or botched collection but false-positives, incorrect application of mathematical formulae, exaggeration or misrepresentation of statistical results & more.

There was a case here in Melbourne where a young African guy was convicted of rape because the sample he volunteered to prove his innocence in another case was mishandled at the lab & then used to convict him of a second crime that hadn't even occurred - his DNA found it's way into a rape kit test performed on a woman found unconscious in a nightclub toilet. She had no recollection of being assaulted so they didn't just cause a false conviction, they put this woman through the trauma of "discovering" she'd been raped when in truth it had never happened. (I won't get into whether the circumstantial evidence & testimony pointing to his innocence might've been given more weight if he wasn't an African teenager in Melbourne - let's just say that over the last decade or so of immigration in that part of Australia, certain tensions have built that may or may not have contributed the outcome)

As a result of this case, defence lawyers in Victoria now advise clients to NEVER volunteer DNA to police, not even to prove your innocence.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/wrong...323-35cga.html

Verrrry interesting articles blighted star! The use of DNA in solving & prosecuting crimes is so powerful, and people take it for granted as being virtually unimpeachable. Except maybe when there are accusations of contamination or tampering. But until I read the articles you posted, I never knew that there is no consistency in interpreting DNA evidence. The labs basically have no guidelines and can "use their discretion?" And what's even more absurd, some labs are told the information surrounding the crime- including the accused perpetrator?! before they analyze the data! Hell- even the labs profiled in the article think that they need more rigid guidelines.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/kil...UF4TOuOmuVQ2K/

Killer details brutal murder, final minutes of NY jogger in police video

The accused killer of New York jogger Karina Vetrano was in court Monday, and a videotaped confession detailed the violet final moments of Vetrano’s life as her family listened and sobbed, the New York Post reported.

Chanel Lewis, 21, calmly confessed to killing Vetrano on Aug. 2, 2016 in a video that was played during a pre-trial hearing Monday to determine if it will be admissible as evidence. Police claim Lewis killed the 30-year-old woman while she out running in Spring Creek Park in Howard Beach, Queens.

The attack was brutal. Lewis reportedly broke her teeth and kept beating her until she lost consciousness, then strangled her. He told police, “I was mad; I saw red.”

Lewis said he grabbed Vetrano as she ran by him and that she clawed at his face as he hit her five times, rendering her unconscious.

“She didn’t yell. She was finished,” Lewis reportedly said in the video. “I finished her off, I strangled her. She fell into the puddle and drowned. I got up and wiped off the blood. And she was calm, she was in the pool [of water]. It was like all the way over [her face].”

Before he confessed, Lewis told a detective that he was sorry for what he did and that he wanted to change his life. He insisted that he did not sexually assault Vetrano, even she was found with her jogging shorts pulled down.

“I didn’t do any of the stuff they said, sexual assault and stuff like that,” he told cops, the Post reported.

In the video, Lewis also seemed to think that even though he had admitted to killing Vetrano, he would be able to go on with his life and not face jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://www.ajc.com/news/national/kil...UF4TOuOmuVQ2K/

Killer details brutal murder, final minutes of NY jogger in police video:

“I didn’t do any of the stuff they said, sexual assault and stuff like that,” he told cops, the Post reported.
    Yea, this is still fishy as fuck.

Before he confessed, Lewis told a detective that he was sorry for what he did and that he wanted to change his life. He insisted that he did not sexually assault Vetrano, even she was found with her jogging shorts pulled down.

In the video, Lewis also seemed to think that even though he had admitted to killing Vetrano, he would be able to go on with his life and not face jail time.

Yeah, because someone else came along and sexually assaulted her AFTER she was dead in the puddle.

Also, he must be "special".

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Yeah, because someone else came along and sexually assaulted her AFTER she was dead in the puddle.

If he thought he wasn't going to get in trouble for what he did, why did he lie at first, then apologize before he confessed? If he was so exceptional, how did he manage to elude the police?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post

Yes, yes he is working with a limited IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Yes, yes he is working with a limited IQ.
    Easiest people to lay blame on. Have a limited IQ minority, and they can double down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The fact that he's vehemently denying sexually assaulting her, yet readily admitting that he killed her doesn't sit well with me. I'm not convinced of his guilt. It sounds like a forced confession to me.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Interesting article for those who think he might be innocent. I'm not sure, but it was interesting.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/he-con...t-did-he-do-it

He Confessed to Karina Vetrano’s Murder. But Did He Do It?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/n...lice-stop.html

Case of Jogger’s Murder Hinges, in Part, on Questions Over a Police Stop

Lieutenant Russo, dressed in a tank top and shorts, was pulling up to his home. Mr. Lewis, wearing a track suit with the hood up, was walking slowly, stopping to look at houses, the lieutenant later testified. The man made Lieutenant Russo suspicious, he testified. So, with his two young daughters in the back seat, he trailed Mr. Lewis for more than an hour before losing sight of him on a commercial strip.

The next day, May 31, Lieutenant Russo spotted the 20-year-old again nearby. Mr. Lewis was pacing outside a parking lot. A 911 caller had reported seeing a man in a track suit going in and out of yards with a crowbar — and said he had seen the man the day before, too. After Lieutenant Russo drove over and found Mr. Lewis, he called the local precinct. Five officers pulled up and stopped and frisked Mr. Lewis.

That sequence of events is now among the points of contention in one of the highest-profile murder cases of late in New York City: the killing of Karina Vetrano, 30, who was sexually assaulted and strangled as she jogged in a Howard Beach park in August 2016. Mr. Lewis was arrested last year and charged with the murder. His approaching trial has generated fresh questions about what justifies stopping someone, and whether an illegal stop taints the information police officers get from it, even if all they get is a person’s name.

After a flurry of legal filings in recent weeks, a judge in Queens Supreme Court could rule on those questions as early as Tuesday.
    Continue reading the main story
    Recent Comments
    vincent 21 hours ago

Lieutenant Russo seeing a person that looks suspicious and then flowing up on it, that's called "excellent police work".
    Jon 21 hours ago

This guy is better off behind bars, that is if he wants to live. The streets will invoke their own justice should he walk...
    Marni Julien 21 hours ago

If I understand this properly, the detectives who asked for a swab of Mr. Lewis's DNA are also the detectives who said it matched the DNA...

See All Comments

The police released Mr. Lewis after his May 2016 stop once they determined he hadn’t committed a crime. He had no crowbar. No one in the area had reported a break-in. Prosecutors have not said if Mr. Lewis was even the man the 911 caller saw going into yards.

But Mr. Lewis’s name and birth date were memorialized in a police officer’s memo book. And that note led to his arrest eight months later when, in the middle of a stalled investigation into Ms. Vetrano’s killing, Lieutenant Russo had the memo book unearthed so detectives could investigate the man he remembered once arousing his suspicions.
    The police and prosecutors have portrayed the May 2016 stop as industrious police work by a lieutenant attuned to signs that something was amiss on his block.

To Mr. Lewis’s defense lawyers, the stop was redolent of the abuses of stop-and-frisk, an act of profiling that put Mr. Lewis under scrutiny because he was a black man walking in a mostly white neighborhood.

The plot thickens.....

Thread Information