Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Karina Vetrano (30) jogger found sexually assaulted and strangled to death

Karina Vetrano (30) jogger found sexually assaulted and strangled to death

The 30-year-old jogger found sexually assaulted and strangled to death this week in New York City "put up a ferocious fight" before her death, police said.

Karina Vetrano tried fighting off her attacker until the last moments of her life, police said at a Thursday news conference. Her body was found face-down in a Queens park Tuesday night, about a dozen feet from the jogging trail, by her father.

A police source tells PEOPLE that Vetrano bit her attacker so hard, her teeth cracked. The source says investigators have recovered DNA from Vetrano's bruised body.

"This woman put up a ferocious fight right to the end," New York City's Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said during the news conference.

Boyce told reporters police believe the attack on Vetrano was random, and not committed by someone she knew.

Police are still searching the thick grass and marshlands of Gateway National Park, in Howard Beach, for additional clues or evidence that can help them identify Vetrano's killer.

"We plan to chop down just about every weed in that location till we're satisfied that we've got all the evidence," Boyce said. "This is a remote area. A young lady was running ? still daylight ? so I am hoping somebody saw something going into the park."

Vetrano was reported missing just after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, and her body was recovered shortly before 11 p.m.

Boyce said Vetrano would typically run with her father, who decided to sit out Tuesday's jog because he was dealing with back pain.

When she didn't return, her dad called the police, who pinged her phone. It showed that she was in the brush near the park's jogging path. The father went out with police and discovered her body 15 feet from the jogging trail, Boyce said.

Boyce said his detectives are also reviewing cell tower records to see if any other phones were present at the time Vetrano was killed.

Funeral services for Vetrano will be held at noon Saturday in Queens, preceded by a Friday wake.

Vetrano was a "popular, sweet girl," one person told the New York Times. "Everybody knew her," they said.

The bar where she worked called Vetrano a "dear friend," according to the Times.

"Karina was an amazing person; she will forever be in our hearts," the business wrote on Instagram, according to the paper.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to an arrest of her killer.
    http://www.people.com/article/murder...t-for-her-life

Tons of people showed up for her funeral
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-New-York.html

Tons of assholes blaming the victim for what she was wearing.

Her Instagram account (it's private)
    https://www.instagram.com/karina.vee/?hl=en

The RIP facebook account
    https://www.facebook.com/RIP-Karina-...5992957122148/

I bet this is what they are posting about re: what Karina was wearing

That poor girl. Her daddy must be heartsick that he didn't go with her that day.

RIP Karina
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I feel so bad for her father and the rest of her family.

The posts blaming her are sickening. No words.

She was found 3 blocks from my sisters house. It seems that many in the neighborhood have tried to get the city to cut back some of those weeds in the area but its some kind of nature site.

She was a beautiful young woman. May she rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I bet this is what they are posting about re: what Karina was wearing

That poor girl. Her daddy must be heartsick that he didn't go with her that day.

RIP Karina
    The fuck? This looks like every second person here!? Sick of this shit. She could have been NAKED and it still ISN'T her fault. Fucking people.

RIP love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    She was found 3 blocks from my sisters house. It seems that many in the neighborhood have tried to get the city to cut back some of those weeds in the area but its some kind of nature site.

She was a beautiful young woman. May she rest in peace.
    Really? Weeds are the problem here???

Boyce told reporters police believe the attack on Vetrano was random, and not committed by someone she knew.
    Random?? That's fucking horrifying. 10 times out of 10 it's someone the victim knows.

What the fuck??
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Blue Bloods is straight up garbage propaganda. Fucking. Garbage.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Here's what Karina's mom said yesterday.
    “My daughter was a force to be reckoned with,” warned the enraged mother, her hands visibly shaking Sunday outside their Howard Beach, Queens, home.

“And I guarantee you, you motherf-----, that you will be reckoning with that force, not only for the rest of your pathetic life, but for the rest of eternity as you f------ burn in hell.”
    Cathy Vetrano removed her sunglasses before directly delivering her harsh message to the killer who remains the target of a citywide manhunt.

“The whole world knows what a pathetic, puny, weak piece of filth you are,” the mom said. “Soon we’re going to have a face to (match) the d---less piece of garbage that you are.”
    “My daughter was a big believer in karma, and as you can see, she’s magical,” said the mother. “The whole world knows she’s magical. And I guarantee you will pay forever.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2741833

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Random?? That's fucking horrifying. 10 times out of 10 it's someone the victim knows.

What the fuck??
    Just illustrates that women are prey. Perpetually. A woman who dared to run alone wearing running clothes?? And be attractive? Clearly her fault for taunting the predatoirs
    /sarcasm

I hate humans.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

What the fuck??
    I'm guessing the poster was saying the weeds were an issue because they could have been hiding someone who lying in wait? Just a guess though.

I agree it's probably someone she knew because she was a avid jogger, and probably jogged the same paths. The one time she doesn't jog with her dad, she's attacked. I think there is more to that than a simple coicincidence.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i'd guess that it was someone who saw her jog and knew to attack when her father wasn't there. her poor father and family, ugh. i can't imagine. at least she made sure there would be DNA evidence. i hope it leads the police right to her rapist.

maybe they assume it wasn't someone she knew because her counter attack was so brutal? because of the situation? while it is true that most offenders know their victims, it certainly isn't always the case. i asked a sexual assault nurse about this recently and she said she gets a good mix of each and speculated that it may be more difficult for a woman to come forward when she knows her rapist personally.

the weeds give the rapist cover to rape in broad daylight, which is what happened here. are they really weeds or prairie grass or something else?

What is it with all of these pieces of crap grabbing joggers/runners/walkers lately? It is very creepy and scary because it is something that most of us do without a second thought. Some humans suck!

Poor girl I hope she inflicted major pain on her attacker she was very stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    What is it with all of these pieces of crap grabbing joggers/runners/walkers lately? It is very creepy and scary because it is something that most of us do without a second thought. Some humans suck!
    easy targets. obviously these women should know better than to be out jogging or walking in public and in broad daylight.

brb, going for a walk with my dog in the cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Just illustrates that women are prey. Perpetually. A woman who dared to run alone wearing running clothes?? And be attractive? Clearly her fault for taunting the predatoirs
    /sarcasm

I hate humans.
    Fucking word.

This is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm guessing the poster was saying the weeds were an issue because they could have been hiding someone who lying in wait? Just a guess though.

I agree it's probably someone she knew because she was a avid jogger, and probably jogged the same paths. The one time she doesn't jog with her dad, she's attacked. I think there is more to that than a simple coicincidence.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I meant. I wasn't implying that the weeds are the problem, the problem with overgrown areas such as this is the many places to hide especially since lots of homeless use this area. A jogger would not necessarily see someone waiting to attack and the potential for witness would be smaller since it not a well maintained area with lots of traffic

And I tend to think it's someone she knows too.

There was another jogger attacked and killed in Massachusetts on Sunday. Vanessa Marcotte
    Here's the link to that thread
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...h-in-Princeton
    They are both very similar cases.

They may be connected

Law-enforcement officials are not ruling out connection between jogging murders in Princeton and NYC

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com...ng-out-jogging
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-09-2016 at 11:46 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Here's what Karina's mom said yesterday.
    "Dickless piece of garbage".

I Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Off topic, but this girl was flippin gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Can someone say how far these two murders were? Here's and Vanessa's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Can someone say how far these two murders were? Here's and Vanessa's?
    Just under 200 miles away. Almost 4 hours. Not impossible, but they must have been pretty obsessed to do it. In my experience, people over there just don't travel that far on the regular like they do here in CA. For instance, I grew up in MA and have never been to NY.

I would think that since she normally lived in NY that they would have waited until she returned to do it, unless this was a way to try to avoid suspicion that they were connected.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I missed the part where she bit her attacker, probably more than once, good for her. Bite wounds can get infected and nasty pretty easily. This person (probably male) is going to need medical attention in the near future.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2745626

NYPD solicits DNA samples from men who frequent Howard Beach park where Karina Vetrano was killed

Denizens of the Howard Beach park where a jogger was raped and killed were asked to provide voluntary DNA samples as cops continued their manhunt for the suspect.

Men spotted hanging around the overgrown Spring Creek Park or the surrounding area were approached about surrendering a swab from their mouths, said Deputy Commissioner Stephen Davis, the NYPD’s top spokesman.
    It was unclear exactly how many people were asked, or how many agreed to provide a sample. Civil libertarians have criticized the DNA gathering in the past as a police fishing expedition.

Armed with a viable DNA sample of Vetrano's killer, detectives are combing through databases for a match without success, according to police sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I missed the part where she bit her attacker, probably more than once, good for her. Bite wounds can get infected and nasty pretty easily. This person (probably male) is going to need medical attention in the near future.
    She bit him so hard that her teeth were cracked.
    She fought for her life.

There was also another jogger that was killed in MI. I've seen her named linked in a few of the articles, but I think it's probably far-fetched to think they're connected.
    I think sickos have seen the news coverage of Karina's killing and thought "oh, that sounds like a good idea" so they've been using it.

Here is the other jogger. Ally Brueger. Sounds like the police have a suspect
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gener...sible-suspects

Thread Information