Thread: The search is over for a missing Laurel County Kentucky girl who ran away from her foster parents and was found dead.

The search is over for a missing Laurel County Kentucky girl who ran away from her foster parents and was found dead.

WHITLEY COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - The search is over for a missing Laurel County girl, who officials say ran away from her foster parents.

"Of course they wanted to find her alive," said Colan Harrell, Whitley County Sheriff.

Friday night sheriff?s deputies searched an area in the Bee Creek Community, when they came across the body of 16-year-old Kayly Lockaby.

"We don?t know how she died yet," said Harrell.

Officials say the last time Lockaby was seen was July 22, but deputies say when they found her body, it had been there for two or three days.

"It had been partially decomposed," said Harrell.

Harrell says 21-year-old Skyler Barnett lived in a house just yards away from where Lockaby was found. They also believe Lockaby was there before she died.

Officials arrested Barnett for unlawful transaction of a minor. Police say they also found cocaine and drug paraphernalia in the home.

?Well this is the initial stages of the investigation."

"It is kind of a shocker to walk up on someone even though you are a police officer. To walk on to someone that is in this state."

As of now, officials are investigating leads into Lockaby?s death. Barnett is lodged at the Whitley County Detention Center.

Skyler Barnett declined to speak to us from the Whitley County Detention Center.

Sheriff's deputies have not charged him with murder at this time.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    According to the Whitley County Sheriff's Office, the body of a female was located in the Bee Creek area Friday.

Laurel County sheriff's deputies said the body was identified as Kayly Lockaby, 16.

Lockaby was reported missing earlier in the week by her foster parent. Police were also searching for Skyler Barnett, 21, of Corbin. According to arrest records, he was lodged in the Whitley County Detention Center around 3:00 a.m. Saturday. Whitley County sheriff's deputies charged him with Unlawful Transaction with a Minor and also Possession of Heroin and paraphernalia.

The remains will be sent to Frankfort for examination by the state?s medical examiner?s office.

No other information is available at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

Mug shot

https://jailtracker.com/JTClientWeb/...jpg?FullSize=1

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Fem...cebook_WYMT-TV

Skyler Barnett

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010869396009

Kayly Lockaby

https://www.facebook.com/people/Kayl...00012459332741

Her other Facebook page that's not active that he's on

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...friends.search
    Last edited by Paganpat; 05-25-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added jail information

So sad.

New details in disappearance of teen found dead in Whitley County

Oops it didnt post.

WHITLEY COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - In the arrest warrant for Skyler Barnett, police say he helped 16-year old Kayly Lockaby runaway from her Laurel County home in the days before she was found dead in a wooded area in Whitley county.

The arrest warrant says that Barnett came to Lockaby's home and picked her up against her parents' wishes. The documents say that Barnett and his family helped the girl stay away from her family.

Lockaby was reported missing by her foster parents Friday. Later that night, police found her body near a home on Lee Lane in Whitley County.

The deputy says he went out to the home for reports that Barnett was harboring a runaway juvenile. Once there, the deputy says Barnett went out a back door. Once in contact with him, the deputy discovered there was an active arrest warrant out of Laurel county for Barnett.

During a routine search, the deputy found what is believed to be heroin both in Barrett's pocket and near an area where he was sitting.

Barnett is in the Whitley county jail charged with unlawful transaction with a minor, possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia.

Barnett will be arraigned on those charges on Tuesday afternoon in Whitley County.

Investigators say they are still awaiting some lab results before determining Lockaby's cause of death

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/New...388842972.html

nevermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Update: Missing teen?s cause of death still uncertain after autopsy
    By Mark White

The cause of death of a missing Laurel County teenager, who was found dead near her boyfriend?s home in the Bee Creek community of Whitley County Friday evening, is still uncertain.

Whitley County Coroner Andy Croley said that the Kentucky Medical Examiner?s Office autopsied the body of Kayly Lynn Lockaby, 16, and determined Saturday afternoon that there was no anatomical nor lethal trauma to her body. This rules out shooting, stabbing, blunt force trauma and other types of possible causes of death.

Officials are waiting the on results of toxicology tests before determining an official cause of death. Toxicology results are expected to take about two weeks to complete, Croley said.

Lockaby was last seen on July 22 and was reported missing by a foster parent to the Laurel County Sheriff?s Department on July 26.

On Friday afternoon, the Laurel County Sheriff?s Department issued an alert asking for the public?s assistance to locate Lockaby.

Laurel County Sheriff?s deputies issued a second alert about 4 p.m. Friday announcing that a warrant had been issued for Lockaby?s boyfriend, Skyler Wayne Barnett, 21, in connection with harboring a runway.

Whitley County Sheriff Colan Harrell said that Whitley County deputies James Fox, Jonas Saunders and Joe Prewitt went to Barnett?s Lee Lane home early Friday evening looking for Lockaby.

As they approached the residence through a wooded area to the side of the home, they discovered human remains of a deceased female about 400 feet from Barnett?s home, Harrell said.

Croley pronounced the victim dead at the scene about 8 p.m. Friday.

The state medical examiner?s office was able to positively identify her body Saturday through tattoos, scars and other identifying marks, Croley said.

Due to decomposition and other environmental factors it is difficult to pinpoint an exact time of death, but Croley said that officials believe that Lockaby had been dead for about three or four days when her body was discovered Friday.

Croley said that he doesn?t feel Lockaby?s body was dumped at that location.

Oak Grove Fire and Rescue assisted with removing Lockaby?s body from the scene late Friday about 10:30 or 11 p.m.

Croley said that firefighters were called to the scene to provide lifting assistance due in part to the terrain where the body was located.

Until he can get more information, Croley said that he couldn?t say whether drugs or alcohol played a role in Lockaby?s death.

Whitley County Sheriff?s deputies arrested Barnett Friday evening on the arrest warrant from Laurel County.
    Harrell said Saturday afternoon that the warrant was for unlawful transaction with a minor.

Whitley County Sheriff?s deputies also charged Barnett, 21, with first-degree possession of a controlled substance-heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia based upon items found at his residence Friday evening, Harrell said.

Prewitt wrote on Barnett?s arrest citation that when he arrived at the scene, he observed Barnett go out the back door of his 319 Lee Lane residence.

When Barnett was searched, deputies found a syringe with a black tar like substance believed to be heroin in Barnett?s front pocket. Next to where Barnett was sitting, police found a spoon with a small black rock believed to be heroin, Prewitt wrote on the arrest citation.

Barnett was lodged in the Whitley County Detention Center at 3:03 a.m. Saturday and is being held there in lieu of a $1,000 cash bond in the unlawful transaction with a minor case, and a $10,000 cash bond in the drug possession case.

Harrell declined to say what, if anything, Barnett has said to authorities about Lockaby?s death.

In a post made on his Facebook page on Sept. 7, 2015, Barnett spoke about how happy he was to meet Lockaby.

?I really thought that I wouldn?t or couldn?t meet someone like her and as beautiful and purfect as she is or that could make me so happy,? he wrote.

Croley and Fox are continuing the investigation.

Funeral services for Lockaby are planned for Wednesday morning in the Laurel Funeral Home Chapel with Brother Kenny Johnson officiating.

https://www.thenewsjournal.net/body-...und-bee-creek/

Gotta be drugs. What else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Gotta be drugs. What else could it be?
    Thats what im thinking. I wonder if she left and they thought she was going back home and she died and they just didnt know she was out there...but i think they would have smelled her though...i dont think the dude tried to run because of the murder but because of his warrants and drugs.

[QUOTE=Hijadelamuerte;3727820]Update: Missing teen?s cause of death still uncertain after autopsy
    By Mark White

11 p.m.

Oak Grove Fire and Rescue assisted with removing Lockaby's body from the scene late Friday about 10:30 or 11 p.m.

Crowley said that firefighters were called to the scene to provide lifting assistance due in part to the terrain where the body was located

I wonder what that even means? Mountain, valley, heavily wooded?
    I wonder what that even means?

The mother Bonnie Lockaby

Woman jailed for parole violation

Laurel County Sheriff’s Deputies — along with Kentucky Probation and Parole officers — arrested a woman Monday afternoon for a parole violation and other warrants.

Bonnie Lockaby, 35, of Swiss Colony Lane, London, was charged on a Kentucky parole violation warrant charging her with absconding parole supervision, and failure to complete treatment for substance abuse.

She was also charged on three Laurel County bench warrants of arrest for failure to appear in court on numerous traffic violations, including operating a motor vehicle under the influence.

Lockaby was jailed in the Laurel County Detention Center.

Her arrest occurred around 3:30 p.m. at a residence off Sinking Creek Road, approximately four miles west of London.

Deputy Jamie Grimes, along with Deputy Kyle Gray, while assisting Kentucky Probation and Parole officers, made the arrest.
    Last edited by Paganpat; 05-25-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Put the wrong information in

And some comments apparently from her daughter on topix

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lond...0NH6QVLT73OLDQ

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    So sad.
    What is even more sad is that her Facebook says she is a drug addict at 16. I think she might have been using when living with her mother who was also an addict. Could be the reason she was in a foster home.

Yeah that's really sad you would think the daughter growing up seeing the mom and suffering from addiction that she would fall into the same situation.

[QUOTE=Jezebelle;3728122]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijadelamuerte View Post
    Update: Missing teen?s cause of death still uncertain after autopsy
    By Mark White

11 p.m.

Oak Grove Fire and Rescue assisted with removing Lockaby's body from the scene late Friday about 10:30 or 11 p.m.

Crowley said that firefighters were called to the scene to provide lifting assistance due in part to the terrain where the body was located

I wonder what that even means? Mountain, valley, heavily wooded?
    I wonder what that even means?
    That whole area is nothing but mountains.
    You have the Cumberland mountains and the Daniel Boone national forest. (which is basically all part of the Appalachian Mountains)

Here's a general idea of the area- this is Daniel Boone

Also, I should mention that most people don't really have flat yards. It's not uncommon for houses to be on the side of mountains in that area. This picture kind of gives you an idea. It was taken from a news article about a house fire in that area but it shows how steep most yards are around there.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The poor girl never had a chance. .

Very valid point! I've lived on my property 13 years very similar to the picture above and I'm always finding stuff on it not 20 feet from my door! One time it was a cannonball embedded halfway in the ground and I tripped over it!bermstalker

Marking.
    I saw that the bf posted on FB 15 hrs ago so he's not in jail where imo he should be. He probably got her high, she OD'd & being an asshole he dumped her instead of calling 911.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Lily you're probably right, unfortunately. You don't just get to remote locations by yourself unless you're the adventurous/crazy type (like meeeee!)

Poor kid.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information