Thread: Former Miami Dolphins linebacker Antonio Armstrong (42) and his wife Dawn (42) were shot by AJ (16), their teenage son

Former Miami Dolphins linebacker Antonio Armstrong (42) and his wife Dawn (42) were shot by AJ (16), their teenage son

Former NFL linebacker Antonio Armstrong and his wife, Dawn, have been shot and killed inside their home in Houston.
    Police were called to the Armstrong's home in Bellaire, Texas, about 2:15am on Friday. Dawn was found dead at the scene, while Antonio, 42 - who suffered a gunshot wound to the head - was rushed to hospital where he later died.
    The couple's 16-year-old son has been charged with shooting his parents dead. The couple had two other children, a 20-year-old son and a 12-year-old girl.
    Houston police said they had yet to determine a motive.
    'It was kind of the All-American family, that's why we're trying to get down to figure out what's going on in this household,' homicide detective Jimmy Dodson told KHOU.

Investigators who searched the home found a smoking gun next to a note next reading, 'I've been watching you', according to KTRK.
    'They're the family that everyone wanted to be like... her and Antonio together, they are what they call a power couple,' Dawn's cousin, Vaun Lee Armstrong told reporters.

'There was nothing left out. There was no neglect or anything. There was nothing that even could possibly have justified this situation.
    'This doesn't even make sense. It makes no sense.'
    Armstrong was a college All-American with Texas A&M in 1994, before being drafted in the sixth-round by the San Francisco 49ers.
    In 1995, he played four games for the Miami Dolphins, while also spending three seasons in the CFL with the British Columbia Lions and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Since retiring, Armstrong went into motivational speaking, and opened a fitness company called 1st Class Training with his wife. They had three locations across Houston.
    Former Texas A&M coach R.C. Slocum released a statement after learning of his former player's death.
    'Antonio was a special young man. He was an All-American and an outstanding player, but he was an even better person,' Slocum said.
    'He was such a positive influence on his teammates. He always had a great big smile and was a joy to coach.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4Fsovqe1r
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

More articles
    http://www.khou.com/news/crime/doubl...e/284006246?=c
    http://abc13.com/news/16-year-old-ch...ting-/1448180/

The couple had three children, Josh Armstrong, 20, AJ Armstrong, 16, and daughter, Kayra Armstrong.
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/antoni...facebook-page/

According to his Hudl page, AJ Armstrong is a football and basketball star and Kinkaid High School in Piney Point Village, Texas. That profile gives his weight at 170 pounds and height at 6 feet.

His Twitter and Facebook pages are also decorated with photos of him playing both sports. On his Facebook, AJ says that he is due to graduate in 2018. AJ’s last tweet made reference to the start of training camp for the school’s football team. He is due to attend Lamar College in Beaumont, Texas.
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4119055/aj-armstrong
    https://twitter.com/StxAj
    https://www.facebook.com/aj.armstrong.902

They were a good looking couple! I am so tired of whiny spoiled brats killing their parents. Whatever the son's motivation may have been I can't imagine jail being his choice of resorts.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-02-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I'm just shocked to see a black family being called "all american" in the news. Progress?

So, there's a 12 year old daughter involved. . Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I'm just shocked to see a black family being called "all american" in the news. Progress?

They really do seem like an all-American family. They seem perfect. The 16-year-old looks like he had a very bright future ahead of him. Popular, football, good looking, and smart.
    The dad was a pastor and it looks like the whole family was very involved in church.

Two hours before dad was killed, he made a motivation video.
    His final video was posted on his Facebook page around 11:30 p.m. Thursday, just about two hours before police were called to his residence.
    The 54-second snippet offers these words of encouragement and hope: "Remember this: You can never allow your talent to take you some place that your character cannot keep you. ... We spend too much time looking in the rearview mirror instead of dealing with that large window that's in front of us."
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ng-8601043.php

My guess based off of his last quote- I think the boy was giving them some issues. Probably started hanging with the wrong crowd and thought he was big shit. The parents put the hammer down on his activities and grounded him.
    Sadly, this is probably one of those stupid murders over being grounded from the cell phone and the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Why? it doesn't get any more American than being a (ex)pro football player.

They were a good looking couple, but they also appeared pretty modest. I think this was an impulsive, split second decision. I feel terrible for the 12 year old. I hope she has a strong support system, because being preteen is hard in itself, I can't imagine how shitty it would be losing your parents and having your brother be the one to do it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The son called 911 and told them masked men broke in. He was hiding in the closet. The police grew suspicious when he had to key in the code for their expensive alarm. No signs of forced entry.
    Also, each victim had a pillow over their face.
    The son admitted to playing with the gun prior- experimenting with silencing the gun with blankets BUT he insists he didn't do this.
    http://www.khou.com/news/crime/suspe...ourt/285382827
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-intruder.html

His whole family showed up to support him in court

Gotta love our judicial system.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/prosecutor...y?id=105551015

How prosecutors convicted the son of slain Houston couple after 3 trials
    I can't read the full article, but the family doesn't believe it was AJ? Who do they think did it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I can't read the full article, but the family doesn't believe it was AJ? Who do they think did it then?
    It shouldn't be behind a paywall. It's just abcnews.com. It didn't say who they think did it. I think they are just in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It shouldn't be behind a paywall. It's just abcnews.com. It didn't say who they think did it. I think they are just in denial.
    I should have elaborated on why I couldn't read the article...I was heading into a meeting. Sorry about that!

I wish we knew what the key piece of evidence they found was. I guess we have to watch the show? Skimming through the article now and haven't seen what it is yet...

Edit: Think this is it:

In 2016, investigators looked at AJ Armstrong's clothes but found no blood.

Blood pattern analyst Sgt. Celestina Rossi was brought in by the prosecution to look over the physical evidence and she examined a visitor's badge sticker that was placed on AJ Armstrong's shirt when he was first questioned by police at the station.

Rossi told "20/20" that just before the third trial was going to start in July, she found what looked like "small reddish brown circular stains," on the backside of that sticker which preliminary tests indicated was blood. She took the evidence to the Houston Forensic Science Center for further analysis.

"They had results pretty quick, and I was told that it had been identified as a single source to Antonio Sr.," she told "20/20."
    Last edited by Nic B; 12-15-2023 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information