Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kali Bookey (14) charged with attempted murder of her brother's girlfriend.

Kali Bookey (14) charged with attempted murder of her brother's girlfriend.

I was not sure where to put this.

Holy hell.
    MADISON, Wis.
    A 14-year-old Wisconsin girl tried to kill her brother's girlfriend, slitting her throat and telling her during the attack that she was a psychopath looking for her first kill, according to investigators.

Kali Jade Bookey of New Richmond, a city of 8,400 people about 35 miles east of Minneapolis, was charged as an adult Thursday with attempted first-degree intentional homicide. She could face up to 40 years in prison, if she's convicted.

She was being held without bail Friday in juvenile custody pending a preliminary hearing Aug. 8. Her attorney, Barbara Miller, didn't immediately respond to an email or a voicemail seeking comment.

According to a criminal complaint, which the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram first reported about, Bookey called the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department on Wednesday morning to report that two men in a green pickup truck had tried to abduct her while she was riding her bike.

She told the men that her brother's girlfriend was home alone and they should take her instead. Deputies responded to the girlfriend's trailer and found her in a bedroom bleeding profusely. The 15-year-old girl was taken by ambulance to a hospital.

There, she told investigators that Bookey had attacked her. She said she was sleeping in her bedroom when Bookey, dressed in black, appeared in her room and put her hands over her mouth. A struggle ensued and Bookey punched her in the face multiple times and broke two bowls over her head. Bookey used one of the bowl shards to cut her and slit her throat, she said.

The victim said Bookey asked her if she wanted to die or bleed out, so she opted to bleed out, the complaint states. Bookey told the victim she had been biking by her house and noting the times when she was alone, and she described herself as a crazy psychopath looking for her first kill, saying she probably would kill again. Bookey then told her to "have a nice afterlife" and left the trailer.

According to investigators, Bookey initially stuck to her story about being abducted when investigators questioned her. She later said she hated the girl because the girl made her brother happier than she could. She said she knew the girlfriend's mother left her alone three days in a row, the complaint states.

Bookey said she left her house around 4 a.m. on her bike and rode 11 miles to the girlfriend's trailer, investigators stated. She wanted to scare her so she and her mother would move away and her brother would "come back to the family." Bookey confirmed many of the details of the attack that investigators had learned from the girlfriend.

Authorities said Bookey told them she didn't want the victim to die, but that she wanted her to pass out from blood loss so she could leave.

Bookey said she had been thinking about attacking the girlfriend for about a week and a half and planned out how she would do it during other bike rides.
    http://www.10tv.com/article/police-w...ope-first-kill

This is Kali's facebook. (It's not showing up for me this morning)
    https://www.facebook.com/kali.bergheart

The Wiki with all the photos and screenshots
    http://www.everipedia.com/kali-bookey/

The brother's facebook. (all his recent posts are private) The victim is easy to find, but I'm not posting her facebook. Doesn't really matter because it's locked down pretty tight now.
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.bookey.1

The victim
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-29-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Fucking hell! That us so brutal.

My daughter's sis-in-law worries me like this. I told my daughter time and time again to be careful. She already drugged her own mother so she could sneak out. She is real possessive with her brother. She is definitely one of those people it's uncomfortable to sleep in the house with.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Are the brother and Halle married? They have the same last name. That poor woman.

I also know of a woman who has a weird attachment to her brother, and hates her brother's wife for "taking him away from her". She's a psycho who tries to make the wife's life hell.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    From what I read the brother and Halle are planning on getting married; she had apparently already taken his last name on FB.

Bloody hell! What a brutal attack. This kid has some serious issues and not the kind her jr high school counselor can resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Are the brother and Halle married? They have the same last name. That poor woman.

I also know of a woman who has a weird attachment to her brother, and hates her brother's wife for "taking him away from her". She's a psycho who tries to make the wife's life hell.
    Is her name Teresa Guidice by any chance?

I feel like I stepped into a time machine and went back 12 years ago while looking at the brother's FB page. He somehow managed to make it feel like I was back on Myspace again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    Is her name Teresa Guidice by any chance?
    That woman is insane ....and dumb as fuck lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kandice View Post
    I feel like I stepped into a time machine and went back 12 years ago while looking at the brother's FB page. He somehow managed to make it feel like I was back on Myspace again.
    Yeah lol, the kids in Madison Wisconsin seem to be in an emo time warp.

Well, you have to admit the girl has some determination. She biked 11 miles to the other girl's house.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Well, you have to admit the girl has some determination. She biked 11 miles to the other girl's house.
    And people complain that kids these days never get off their computers and go outside, ride bikes, and socialize. Pfft wow what a difference a decade or two makes.

Bear with me because I am exhausted, but was it jealousy on behalf of Kali? I mean, I despised some of my brother's girlfriends because they were idiots, but I would never shank one though.

OOFT! This is nuts!! I think that must have been why Be.. but.. really? Are peeps THAT close to their siblings? (I don't have any.. step bro/sis who came into my life later on are creepy close though, always lived together and now in 30's... Step bro doesn't date much.. heh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Bear with me because I am exhausted, but was it jealousy on behalf of Kali? I mean, I despised some of my brother's girlfriends because they were idiots, but I would never shank one though.
    Same with me regarding my brothers girlfriends, I also wouldn't have shanked them

Kali's brother and his gf seem to be completely obsessed with each other. Michael and Halles obsession with each other leaves no room for Kali. I think Kali felt Halle took her brother away from her and her family.

She couldn't deal with what she perceived as rejection, loss and manipulation of Michael by Halle.

Kali has no impulse control, no reasoning skills and she thinks Halle is taking her family away and so she decides to cut a b....

That girls injuries are so horrendous. It's a horrible situation.

They're all so young, they have no clue about life and healthy relationships.

I don't put Kali in the diabolical bitch box like Michelle "text machine" Carter.
    Im not sure why I'm having some empathy for Kali especially considering she freakin planned this out and it is a horrific and chilling crime.

Maybe I feel some empathy for Kali because I have a brother who is drawn to having relationships with crazy arse manipulative bitches (Im not saying Halle is like that)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I can't fathom this without thinking some diabolical shit in their history. That's just me. My Brother and I have never been super close, but we get along okay. I can't see being that close to your Brother to be jealous enough of his girlfriend to want to kill her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Wow. This bitch is bat shit crazy at 14?! I hope she spend the rest of her life I'm prison.

My brother and I have always been best mates. I trust him more than anyone and vice versa. It's a pure and unconditional friendship that has and will last my entire life. There is no jealousy or weird shit going on.
    The below link is stating the family saw no warning signs. I can't see how that is possible.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...d47ca469e9bb97

Long quote warning ** sorry
    THERE'S A GIRL ALONE IN THE HOUSE

Documents tendered to court by the St Croix County Sheriff?s Office state that at around 9.30am, Bookey called police to report an attempted abduction.

They arrived to find Bookey with swollen and bruised hands and cuts and scrapes on her legs.

The teen told deputies she was attacked by two masked men armed with a knife while riding her bicycle. She claimed she got rid of the men by telling them there was a girl at home alone in a nearby house and giving them the address, the Leader-Telegram reported.

When police arrived at the home, they found Ms Hickman was lying on the floor bleeding heavily from the face and neck ? but conscious enough to tell her rescuers that it was her boyfriend?s sister, not strangers in ski masks, who had done this to her.

Police say Bookey confessed when they confronted her, telling them she blamed Ms Hickman for coming between her and her brother Michael, 16, and that she resented ?how happy she made him?.

She insisted her intention was never to kill Ms Hickman, only to ?scare? her into moving away.

Bookey told the officers she?d set off for Ms Hickman?s home on her bike at around 4am. She donned gloves before entering the house and making her way to Ms Hickman?s bedroom.

The victim woke up to Bookey?s gloved hands clamped over her nose and mouth in an apparent attempt to suffocate her, The New Richmond Times said.

Police claim Bookey admitted to punching Ms Hickman in the face 20-30 times, breaking two glass bowls over her head and cutting at her with the broken shards.

During the second hour of the attack, Bookey agreed to Ms Hickman?s request for a glass of water but warned her she would ?slit her throat? after she drank.

The teen later claimed she?d called police to get the victim help and only made up the abduction story to explain her own injuries.

JUST SHOCKED MY SISTER WOULD DO IT

St Croix Chief Deputy Scott Knudson said Ms Hickman was lucky to be alive given her extensive injuries.

?If we didn?t find her when we did, I think there was the potential for them to be fatal,? he told The St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Ms Hickman, who uses her boyfriend?s last name on social media ? an increasingly popular trend among lovestruck teenage girls ? remains in hospital under guard.

Michael Bookey posted a message to Facebook over the weekend after a photograph of his battered girlfriend started circulating on social media.

?She is very calm, and she is not at all shaken by it, just shocked my sister would do it,? he wrote, adding the pair planned to get married.

?She says she loves her scars because they look cool, and she?s only upset that her favorite (sic) dress got ruined.?

?As she was bleeding to death on her floor, she sent me a message asking to have Bookey on her tombstone instead of her last name.?

Kali Bookey?s Facebook account has been deleted after it was swamped with abusive messages. Her mother Carrie was also targeted after she told local media her family was ?very sad? and that Bookey had shown ?no signs? she was planning the attack.

Others have leapt to their defence.

?They are a good family,? a woman claiming to be a family friend told Heavy in an email after contacting the website with her concerns they were being unfairly trolled.

?They are a good family. They love their kids. They?re still married. They know what their kids are doing and who their friends are. Our sons have been friends for years.

Bookey?s mother ?teaches zumba in town at the centre. I take her classes mon and weds (sic) at the centre. She?s positive, full of energy. She is heart broken over this. And they DID NOT see it coming ?. People are blasting their parenting. They are wrong.?

IS SHE REALLY A PSYCHOPATH?

Kali Bookey has been held without bond at a juvenile detention centre since her July 28 arrest.

She has been charged as an adult with attempted first degree homicide, which carries a maximum penalty of life.

But is the 14-year-old really a ?psychopath?, as she so chillingly declared to her victim?

Probably not, according to leading Australian forensic psychologist Luke Broomhall.

While it was impossible to be 100 per cent sure with knowing Bookey?s history and the full details of her alleged crime, psychopathy was not officially diagnosed in children under the age of 18, he said.

?Any behaviours in a child that might look like psychopathy could be caused by a number of different conditions or circumstances,? Mr Broomhall said.

?However, hallmark features of adult psychopathy, the callous unemotional traits, have been observed in children. The key question, which can only be answered by thorough assessment, is whether behaviour is a one-off reaction to a specific situation, or represents a pattern of behaviour over time.

?Whilst Bookey self-proclaimed to be a psychopath, it does not mean she is one. There are other developmental disorders or mental health problems which might lead to the specific suspension of empathy required to carry out such a brutal attack.?

St. Croix County Circuit Court Judge Eric Lundell refused an application by Bookey?s lawyer for the teen to be released into her parents? custody.

Bookey is due back in court for a preliminary hearing on August 8.
    Last edited by emylou; 08-01-2016 at 09:53 PM.

Michael Bookey posted a message to Facebook over the weekend after a photograph of his battered girlfriend started circulating on social media.

?She is very calm, and she is not at all shaken by it, just shocked my sister would do it,? he wrote, adding the pair planned to get married.

?She says she loves her scars because they look cool, and she?s only upset that her favorite (sic) dress got ruined.?

?As she was bleeding to death on her floor, she sent me a message asking to have Bookey on her tombstone instead of her last name.?
    That makes me roll my eyes hard.
    Sounds like brother and sister are some emo kids.
    Maybe sister was mad because brother was so happy that he wasn't feeling the emo culture anymore.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I can't fathom this without thinking some diabolical shit in their history. That's just me. My Brother and I have never been super close, but we get along okay. I can't see being that close to your Brother to be jealous enough of his girlfriend to want to kill her.
    Because you're not batshit insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I think you misunderstand. The scars and ruined dress thing was a quote from the girlfriend, not the sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think you misunderstand. The scars and ruined dress thing was a quote from the girlfriend, not the sister.
    I knew the quote was from the girlfriend.
    I should have broken up my reply.

If the girlfriend was able to text the brother AKA boyfriend to tell him she was bleeding out and to "put Bookey on my tombstone" why in the hell couldn't either of them call 911?

I just read about this one last night and what the super fuck. Especially the quote supposedly from the girlfriend saying she loves her scars because they're cool.

This one is a giant clusterfuck of crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I knew the quote was from the girlfriend.
    I should have broken up my reply.

If the girlfriend was able to text the brother AKA boyfriend to tell him she was bleeding out and to "put Bookey on my tombstone" why in the hell couldn't either of them call 911?
    Quote Originally Posted by aphaziak View Post
    I just read about this one last night and what the super fuck. Especially the quote supposedly from the girlfriend saying she loves her scars because they're cool.

This one is a giant clusterfuck of crazy.
    They couldn't call 911 because scars and bleeding out is so romantic. Can you imagine the endless myspace blogs they would write about this? Ah if only it were 2007. Even Edgar Allan Poe would roll his eyes at this business.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    They couldn't call 911 because scars and bleeding out is so romantic. Can you imagine the endless myspace blogs they would write about this? Ah if only it were 2007. Even Edgar Allan Poe would roll his eyes at this business.

Thread Information