Thread: Sheralynn Neff (26) went missing while skydiving

Sheralynn Neff (26) went missing while skydiving

Authorities on Monday located the body of a Kansas skydiver who jumped from a plane in Oklahoma and landed about 5 miles away from her parachute and harness.

A family member identified the woman as Sheralynn Neff, 26, after law-enforcement agencies found her body south of an airport near the Oklahoma city of Cushing, according to Lincoln County Sheriff Charlie Dougherty. The search began shortly after Neff was reported missing Sunday evening.

"She was the last one out of the airplane on that jump, out of about four or five people," Dougherty said. "We interviewed everybody and right now, there's not any explanation for why any of this took place."

Neff was not found near the parachute. Dougherty said the parachute floated away. The harness was attached to the parachute. When Neff was found, she was only wearing her jump suit, CBS affiliate KWTV reported.

News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

She was found in tall grass and thick brush. Helicopter search crews could not locate her, so other rescue crews searched by foot for more than 16 hours before they found her, KWTV reported.

Neff, a resident of Newton, Kansas, had completed several successful jumps on Sunday with Oklahoma Skydiving Center in Cushing before the fatal incident, Dougherty said.

Oklahoma Skydiving Center did not return phone calls Monday.

The Federal Aviation Administration was examining the woman's parachute harness Monday to determine why she may have landed without it, agency spokesman Lynn Lunsford said.

"Our main focus is on determining whether the parachute was packed properly and the harness was in good shape," Lunsford said. "A preliminary examination turned up no obvious answers."

Authorities began their search shortly after Neff's final jump around 4 p.m., Dougherty said. Search parties came across her body around 8 a.m. Monday.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kan...ead/ar-BBuRgKF
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I just read she was found 5 MILES from her parachute

This person is related to her, but I can't find her FB https://www.facebook.com/darnell.neff

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I understand the parachute separated from her, but the harness? Very strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Could she have removed it? I mean the straps wrap around your legs and and I dont see how it could come off itself.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Could she have removed it? I mean the straps wrap around your legs and and I dont see how it could come off itself.
    I am wondering the same thing.

Suicide?
    Neff was an experienced skydiver who made six jumps on Sunday, the sheriff's office said.
    http://www.kake.com/story/32523133/n...nt-in-oklahoma
    According to Hesston College News and Sports, Neff obtained an associates of arts degree in Bible and Ministry with Dean?s List honors, was part of the choir and concert band and held the role of a ministry assistant in her second year. Ken Rodgers, music faculty member, said Neff was a genuine and talented person.

David Williams, who was with Neff in the public speaking class in sophomore year, said she engaged in numerous activities. She served as the valedictorian of her class, was a member of the National Honors Society and Spanish National Honors Society, and was also part of the swim team.

?Her goal was perfection in virtually everything she did and she achieved it, I don?t know of anything she wasn?t successful at, if there was stuff going on, she was involved in it and it just hurts a lot to think about her not being around,? Williams said, as reported by KSN.
    http://www.morningnewsusa.com/sheral...g-2392595.html

Last edited by bermstalker; 07-26-2016 at 12:27 AM.

It seems on the skydiving forum- they believe she was probably in an ill-fitted harness.
    They suspect she probably fell out of the harness as soon as she jumped.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/foru...uest=211513766

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It seems on the skydiving forum- they believe she was probably in an ill-fitted harness.
    They suspect she probably fell out of the harness as soon as she jumped.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/foru...uest=211513766
    That was my thought... that she had the wrong harness.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    RIP Sheralynn.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    That was my thought... that she had the wrong harness.
    That's a terrible nightmare of a death.

I've never been skydiving, and never will, so I don't understand the appeal. Is it a regular occurance to jump out of a plane 6 times in 1 day?!?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That's a terrible nightmare of a death.

I've never been skydiving, and never will, so I don't understand the appeal. Is it a regular occurance to jump out of a plane 6 times in 1 day?!?
    Apparently so...

http://www.dropzone.com/forum/Skydiv..._day_P4366382/

What a horrible, horrible way to die. I wonder how long it took before she hit the ground. That is just insanely bad. Let me cross skydiving off my list of things to do.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    You get careless when you do so many jumps I guess. With her experience she would have known it wasn't the right harness and she risked it anyway. That's sad.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So sad and senseless.

RIP Sheralynn

Thread Information