Thread: Nahomi Rodriguez (19) was found dead 9 months after she went missing

Nahomi Rodriguez (19) was found dead 9 months after she went missing

Rodriguez, 19, from San Benito was last seen clocking out of work at McDonald's on the 602 N. 77 in Harlingen, Texas at 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 17, according to a news release from the Harlingen Police Department.

Naomi called her mother to tell her she had a ride home. She left with two men after work and she has not been seen since. The police released a grainy photo of a SUV that is linked to the disappearance of Naomi.

According to a police news release:

"Nahomi Rodriguez clocked out of work at approximately 1:30 a.m. and was seen getting into a light color SUV with an unknown male. The vehicle was last seen going east on Washington Avenue. Nahomi Rodriguez is described as a Hispanic female 5 feet 2inches tall, 150 lbs., brown hair, brown eyes, wearing a black / gray Mc Donald?s shirt and black pants. Nahomi Rodriguez has a tattoo on her right ring finger and on her right ankle."

Naomi was carrying a yellow purse and wearing her McDonald?s uniform. She does not have a cell phone.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please call the Harlingen police at 956-425-8477.

There is a pretty long article here: http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...aa4ba535a.html

It seems like they have an idea about who she might have left with.

Police released a photo of Daniel Quiroz and say they are seeking his assistance in the disappearance of 19-year-old Nahomi Rodriguez of San Benito who never returned home following her shift at a Harlingen McDonald’s.
    Anyone having information on Quiroz is asked to call police at (956) 216-5401.
    According to Rodriguez's family, there are more details regarding the person she left with that night, who was apparently supposed to drive her home.
    “The suspect made a fist-punch with my niece as soon as he approached the drive through window,” Enedina Sanchez said. “Therefore he knows my niece.”
    Sanchez continued, stating the two had a small conversation at the window.
    But it was what the family was seeing on the video that was disturbing.
    “We are able to see this “man,” not a teenager is wearing a white cap with a black shirt and his left arm is fully seen and he seems to be a big man,” she stated.
    Enedina said he appeared to have “a lot of hair on his arm,” but they cannot see his face.
    “I’m terrified,” Sanchez stated in an email. “This is no teenager-friend of my niece. He is an older man just by looking at his arm.”
    The video shows Nahomi waiting by the front door for her ride to arrive around 1:30 and steps out of the restaurant.
    Other video views in the parking lot show the same Ford Escape arriving and parking where the camera can’t reach.
    The video then shows the vehicle reverse and drive off on Washington Ave. passing by St. Paul’s Church, Sanchez stated.
    There is video at this link:
    http://www.krgv.com/story/32508010/n...-missing-woman

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 04-10-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: created article

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I found the FB page for the guy the police were looking for, Daniel Quiroz. I am not sharing the link here, but will share the posts he made about everything ~ he indicates he has been cleared in some responses to his friends.

I CAN NOT express how embarrassing it is to be put on blast all over TV,FB, The News,Valley Morning Star etc etc..Especially with something as serious as this. I have NO IDEA WHO THIS MISSING GIRL IS, I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO HER OR MET HER IN MY LIFE! AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS! Yes this is a sad situation and I really hope she is found safely. At the time this girl went missing I was just arriving back home from Dallas with family and proposing to my now fiance as everyone saw on facebook! What I want to know is how my name was even involved in this drama smh

Thank you guys for throwing some defense in there for me on KRGV's post. I appreciate it and very thankful to have you guys as friends and family. And Corina, thank you babe for supporting me through this nonsense. I love you

It looks like Daniel and his fiance Corina appeared on TV after clearing his name.

Too bad she didn't tell her mother the name of the person giving her a ride home. I do hope she is found alive and well.

Latest article I could find from today:

Family searches for missing 19-year-old San Benito woman

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/...n-benito-woman

Eight days after a 19-year-old San Benito woman went missing, her family kept walking the streets -- searching for her themselves.

Nahomi Rodriguez, 19, of San Benito went missing on July 16 after leaving her job at a McDonald's restaurant in Harlingen. Investigators believe she may have accepted a ride with home from a friend or acquaintance.

"Is she being fed? Is she being taken care of?" said Rodriguez's aunt, Enedina Sanchez. "The worst possible scenarios come in your head -- and I want to know that she's OK."

Sanchez said the family started receiving threatening phone calls after her niece went missing. Some have asked for ransom.

The case remains under investigation.

"I can't elaborate on who we're talking to right now but we are talking to some people and the investigation is still ongoing," said Officer Larry Moore, a spokesman for the Harlingen Police Department.
    --

People are such assholes. Wonder if the callers are just pranks or if they really know anything regarding the disappearance.

Also, maybe I missed it while reading, but how did they come to the conclusion that Daniel Quiroz may know something? Was that a co-worker? I'm confused.

Wondering who the "some people" the police are talking to, or if it's just a nice way to say "we don't know shit".

Hope they find her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I read nothing that connected Quiroz to her either. I think it might have been possibly a tip after the sketch went out on social media? Or maybe he drove the same type of vehicle she was seen getting into?

I find it interesting that the minute the family publicly says they've been getting calls, the police say they are looking into a few people.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...riguez-n639411

Authorities Asking for Further Help in Search for Texas Teen Nahomi Rodriguez

The process of searching for Nahomi has been extremely heart-wrenching for the Rodriquez family. The pleas for her return fill Facebook in both English and Spanish. Many of her large group of aunts, uncles and cousins live in Mexico. Those in Harlingen have traveled door to door to distribute fliers and speak to whoever will open their doors.

After appearing on local news begging for Nahomi's return, relatives started receiving disturbing phone calls. The teen's father told Dateline he and other family members have received countless calls from scammers and pranksters claiming they have his daughter and demanding money for her return.

"We're scared to answer the phone because of the demands for ransom and what these people say," Ramiro told Dateline. "But we don't want to miss any news that could come. It's not a good place to be."

The rumors have also been relentless. Statements that Nahomi disappeared into Mexico and whispers of sex trafficking have kept the family on edge. One area offering comfort has been several psychics who have offered their services to the family and believe Nahomi is alive. Although the family is taking everything with a grain of salt, it's a comfort nonetheless.

It's probably just me, but it's strange to me that the article emphasizes 'both English and Spanish' and that many of her relatives live in Mexico. Is it just so they can fill up space with words?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I don't know why it says that, but then again they are in the valley, and it's pretty much "Little Mexico".

http://crimefeed.com/2016/09/anonymo...circumstances/

Anonymous Group Offers Reward To Help Find Texas Teen, Nahomi Rodriguez, Missing Under Mysterious Circumstances

It’s a missing-person case touching the hearts of strangers. A group of anonymous community members from Harlingen, Texas, are putting together their minds and their money to help figure out what happened to 19-year-old Nahomi Rodriguez who has been missing since July 17. In fact, within the past couple of days, the group added another $2,500 to their initial $5,000 contribution.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...g-11062760.php

Bones found near border are those of missing Texas teen

The family of a teenager says bones found near the Texas-Mexico border are those of the girl who has been missing since July 2016.

Enedina Sanchez told The Brownsville Herald that the remains found last week near Rio Hondo are those of 19-year-old Nahomi Rodriguez.

Sanchez said Harlingen police told her Nahomi was identified through dental records.

Ugh. Gross. That article didn't provide many details. I'm wondering what else will come out about this creeper. He was trying to buy her hair dye and searching the internet for "teen marriage" or something? I wonder if he was planning on running away to make her his wife, and when she wouldn't cooperate, he killed her? I hope they find him!! It's a terrible relief that they can at least properly bury their daughter. Now comes the finding this asshole and nailing him part.

A bit more details in other articles:

Remains Found in Canal Identified as Missing Texas Teen Nahomi Rodriguez, Family Vows to Find Killer

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...family-n745036

Remains discovered in a canal late last week have been positively identified as missing Texas teen Nahomi Rodriguez, who disappeared in July.

A set of bones were uncovered by a farmer working on the canal last Thursday. On Saturday, using dental records, authorities positively identified the remains as belonging to Nahomi.

The case is now being investigated as a homicide.

"There was a lot of evidence recovered at the scene," Harlingen Police Chief Jefferey Addickes said at a press conference Monday. "We are very hopeful that -- bringing Nahomi home -- that we find the person or persons responsible."

Several members of Nahomi's family spoke at the press conference Monday. Nahomi's father, Ramiro Rodriguez, who spoke with Dateline last summer about his daughter's disappearance, asked for anyone with information to come forward.

"We need help. Anybody -- somebody knows something. We need her friends' help to get to the bottom of this," Ramiro told several reporters outside. "Somebody knows something. That's it."

Nahomi's family has been extremely active in their search for Nahomi since the teen disappeared on the night of July 17, after leaving work at a McDonald's in Harlingen, Texas.

"This has been a very difficult case since day one," Enedina Sanchez, Nahomi's aunt, said. "I want this day to be focused on that we have: a major case here. We have a person, a young teenager, who went missing and someone is responsible for this."

Authorities are still searching for the person who was captured on security video pulling into the McDonald's parking lot the night Nahomi vanished. Nahomi can be seen in the video heading toward the grey or light-colored SUV. She then walks out of camera range.

Investigators believe that same person and vehicle are captured on video from a camera inside the fast food restaurant. A man in a white cap with a black shirt pulls up tothe drive-through window. It appears the man and Nahomi know one another. Nahomi can be seen giving the unknown man a fist-punch.

The driver of that car is being characterized as a person of interest in the case, authorities said.

Nahomi's aunt, Enedina, spoke directly to the person responsible for Nahomi's death at the press conference Monday.

"I just want to let you know that-- whoever you are -- trust me: These gentlemen back here will be looking for you," Nahomi's aunt Enedina said. "We will find you."

Anyone with information regarding the case is urged to call the Harlingen Police Department at (956) 425-8477.

Nahomi was featured in Dateline's Missing in America online series shortly after she disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Thread Information