Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sierah Joughin (20) was abducted and murdered after going for a bicycle ride

Sierah Joughin (20) was abducted and murdered after going for a bicycle ride

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...a_bicycle_ride

So from fb comments, I figured out that she was bike riding and her bf drove beside her for awhile on his motorbike. He took a photo of her. He rode on ahead and she never made it home.

Ohio and Lenawee County authorities are asking for the public's help to locate a missing 20-year-old Metamora, Ohio, woman last seen at the local school.

Sierah Joughin was riding a purple bicycle at the Evergreen School District property when last seen at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday. She was wearing shorts and a neon yellow tank top.

Joughin resides just south of Lenawee County's Hodges Highway. The school is about five miles southeast of where M-52 begins in Lenawee County.

Joughin is described as 5-foot-5 and 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone who has seen her is asked to call the Fulton County sheriff at 419-335-4010, Extension 8.

Tips can also be sent to Crime Stoppers of Lenawee County. They can be submitted through through www.tipsubmit.com at www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=431 or bit.ly/1z4HUQA, or to Crime Stoppers of Lenawee County on Facebook, or by phoning 266-6161 or toll free at 877-276-8477.

Tips can also be texted to 274637 (?CRIMES?) with the first word Lenawee.

http://m.lenconnect.com/article/2016...29936/0/SEARCH
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-25-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Last photo taken of her
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Ugh ~ not sounding good at all. The last picture taken of her. Wow.

Here is the missing poster for her.

13679904_1390297767657220_2592364948167029669_o.jpg

Body Found "Strongly Believed" to be Missing Woman

Law enforcment officials "strongly believe" human remains found along Co. Rd. 7 are those of Sierah Joughin, the 20-year-old woman missing from the Evergreen Schools area since Tuesday, July 19.

In a statement released early Saturday afternoon, July 23, Roy Miller, Fulton County sheriff, said the remains have been transported to the Lucas County Coroner Office for autopsy.

"Positive identification will be made in th next few days, either through DNA or fingerpinters, but at this time we do strongly believe that this is Sierah," the statement reads.

The body was discovered about 6 pm Friday.

"I want to express my heartfelt condolences to Sierah's family," Miller said.

"At this time, our investigation remains ongoing, but we do anticipate additional charges against the suspect," Miller said.

That suspect is James D. Worley, 51, of 10627 Co. Rd. 6, Delta. He was arrested during the early morning hours of Friday, July 21 at his home. He was arraigned in Fulton County Western District Court on Friday.

Worley is currently charged with abduction, a felony-level crime. He is being held at the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio without bond. A preliminary hearing will be held Wednesdsay, July 27, in Western District Court.

Miller said Saturday, "This investigation is far from over. We are continuing to canvas other areas that weren't covered yesterday to search for more evidence. We would still like anyone who may haveen seen anything or may have information to call our tip line at 419-335-4010."

In his statement, Miller recognized the work of, "the community, all of the volunteers and agencies that have assisted in the search, and anyone who has called in tips to help in this investigation."

He also recognized the assistance of Mike DeWine, Ohio atturney general, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Ohio Bureau of Investigation, and all of the other local and state agencies who are assisting in the investigation.

In a statement, the Joughin family said they would, "like to extend their sincerest gratitude for all efforts made by FBI, BCI, Fulton County Sheriff Department, and the entire law enforcement community in both Ohio and Michigan."

The family also expressed their appreciation to, "the local community and businesses both near and far who provided support in the effort to bring Sierah home.

"Sierah had a contagious smile, she was a loving person who has touched many people in her life. She is our daugther, a sister, a niece, a granddaughter, a cousin, and a girlfriend.

"We miss her and love her," the family said.?posted 2:40 pm Saturday, July 23

http://www.archboldbuckeye.com/news/...ing_Woman.html

He has done this before. 1990. Disgusting predator.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...on-County.html

Snipped
    Decades earlier, Worley pleaded guilty to abduction, an aggravated felony of the third degree, in Lucas County Common Pleas Court.

That case involved a woman, Robin Gardner, who was bicycling on Obee Road near Whitehouse on July 4, 1990, according to old court records. The records indicate she was injured in the incident but survived.

Ms. Gardner was riding her bike when she noticed a flat-bed truck pass her in the opposite direction, according to court records. A few moments later, the same truck struck her from behind, causing her to fall from her bike and tumble into a small ditch on the side of the road. Worley then approached the woman, asked her if she was OK, and came up from behind and struck her on the head with an unknown instrument.

Worley dragged her over to the truck and told Ms. Gardner to do what he said or threatened to kill her, the court records state. He then forced her into the truck and put a handcuff on one wrist, from which she managed to break free. She escaped through the driver?s door, the records state.

A passing motorcylist picked her up, took her home, and police were called. The woman was injured during the struggle. Worley was arrested more than a week after the incident occurred.

He was sentenced to between four and 10 years in prison. He entered prison in November of 1990 on the abduction conviction was paroled in December of 1993.
    Abduction renews horror of ’90 case
    http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...f-90-case.html
    Last edited by emylou; 07-23-2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Add link

He was a dangerous predator and only spent 3 years in jail? Judiciary fail.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

How awful. Sounds like he uses the same method as Mickey Shunick's killer, Brandon Scott Lavergne.
    Mickey was riding her bike home and Brandon hit her from behind. He dragged her to his truck. The reason this case always sticks with me was because Mickey fought for her life. She actually turned his weapon on him and stabbed him a few times. He knocked her lights out....she played dead....then jumped up and stabbed him so more. He then shot her.

He entered prison in November, 1990, and was paroled in December, 1993.
    That is disgusting. 3 years?
    Here's an interview with his past victim
    http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...n-suspect.html

Quote Originally Posted by emylou View Post
    He has done this before. 1990.
    I wonder if there's been more than just these 2...what's the chance he went 16 years before deciding to redo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I wonder if there's been more than just these 2...what's the chance he went 16 years before deciding to redo?
    Yeah, exactly. I read a fb post saying he was friends with a women who went missing and the police wouldn't look into it because she was a prostitute.
    The term they used in the post was "lady of the night" 😊
    I can't find the post now. Who knows if that is true.
    Regardless, he is a fkng coward.

Picture of the douchebag:

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/69...mes+Worley.jpg

Yea, not understanding only getting 3 years for a near successful abduction attempt that included the victim's skull getting fractured.

Curious to see what else they may find on his property.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thanks I couldn't get the pic to link. I feel like a noob again!
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He was a dangerous predator and only spent 3 years in jail? Judiciary fail.
    That's so the Australian parole board.... how did that happen over there ?
    Here it would be another day another creep who doesnt have any right to be out, killing another woman who had every right to be where she was.

PUBLISHED: 07/28/16 09:15 PM EDT.
    TOLEDO, Ohio
    Search warrants show investigators found a hidden room outfitted with restraints inside a barn belonging to an Ohio man who's accused of abducting and killing a college student.

The documents first reported by The Blade newspaper in Toledo after it went to court seeking their release say the secret room also had a carpet-lined freezer with blood inside.

Authorities have charged 57-year-old James Worley with aggravated murder and abduction in the death of 20-year-old University of Toledo student Sierah Joughin (JAW'-gihn).

She disappeared a week ago while riding her bicycle.

Worley's attorney declined to comment Thursday.

Worley was convicted of abducting a woman in 1990 near Toledo and spent three years in prison. Since his arrest Friday, investigators have been looking into the possibility of additional victims.
    http://www.10tv.com/article/docs-sus...dden-room-barn

Here's another article that goes into some details about stuff found on his property. They're looking into him being involved with the death of Lori Ann Hill of Swanton
    http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...-property.html

The 14-year-old disappeared the night of Oct. 25, 1985 after leaving a Halloween party in Swanton. She was last seen walking along South Berkey-Southern Road toward home, but never arrived. Her naked body was found four days later in a wooded area north of Wauseon.

Ms. VanGunten, who represented a man indicted for, but not convicted of, Miss Hill’s murder, has asked Mr. Haselman to have DNA collected from Miss Hill compared to Worley’s. She said that because Worley was last in prison from 2000 to 2002 on drug and weapon charges, his DNA profile likely was not on file until now.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-29-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Ugh he had a fkng torture chamber.
    How many more will there be. He makes me sick.

God.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/20...e-victims.html

Snipped
    “Worley fits the profile of a serial offender and could potentially have additional unknown victims who could have been kept at the above described location,” wrote Sgt. Matthew Smithmyer of the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office. The sergeant said he knows “based upon [his] knowledge and experience that these types of offenders will often keep trophies.”

Worley, 57, the warrant states, told a therapist, who he was mandated to see by a Lucas County Common Pleas Court judge after a previous abduction conviction, that he “learned from each abduction he had done and the next one he was going to bury.”

Authorities found several pairs of women’s undergarments, one of which had blood on them. Worley told investigators that he had hidden cameras all over his property and authorities recovered what was described as a “nanny cam.”

On his property, authorities also found rope, tape, zip ties, handcuffs, several firearms, and ammunition. Multiple video and still-image recording devices and film were collected, though their contents have not yet been released. Authorities also recovered various items and clothing and jewelry on the property.

According to the warrants, cell phone location information showed he was at the scene of the abduction for nearly two hours during the time she was missing.

When questioned by investigators, he told them that “he didn’t steal anything or kill anyone,” but had fresh marks on his arms and bruises on his lower legs. Cheek and hand swabs were taken from Worley.
    Last edited by emylou; 07-29-2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Removed dbl quote

Fuckin hell. That is just insanely awful. To think of how many other possible women were tortured and killed by this shithead. Ugh.

Is this guy the husband from Gothika or something?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Sounds like this piece of human shit needs a big dose of his own medicine. Fucking bastard.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Last photo taken of her
    Wow, I feel super sad for the boyfriend. One minute be bike riding along next to the love of your life and then the very next minute placing her in the ground. Having what if thoughts, what if I just stayed next to her or even behind her on her bike ride.....
    Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

If i can find it again ill post but there was a comment from facebook and she had posted all the missing girls in the area whom could be possible victims of his.
    There was ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    If i can find it again ill post but there was a comment from facebook and she had posted all the missing girls in the area whom could be possible victims of his.
    There was ALOT.
    Well, there are a lot of young women missing in Ohio. Here's a list of the ones missing in Lucas county. This does not include surrounding communities.
    I removed some names

The missing from Lucas county
    NamUs MP Case Number: 4477
    Claudia Tinsley
    Lucas County, Ohio
    24 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 7940
    Susan Smith
    Lucas County, Ohio
    41 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 9657
    Susan Cummings
    Lucas County, Ohio
    30 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 10491
    Cynthia Anderson
    Lucas County, Ohio
    20 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 10556
    Tammy Hill
    Lucas County, Ohio
    24 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 28490
    Tina Williamson
    Lucas County, Ohio
    29 year old white female

NamUs MP Case Number: 25484
    CLAUDIA CLINGER
    Lucas County, Ohio
    29 year old white female
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-31-2016 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Removed some of the missing names

Ugh I was doing really well, walking around exercising playing PokemonGo...and then I read about this, and now I'm a bit scared to go walking / biking by myself now. I can't afford a gym, but I guess I need to invest in pepper spray bc the reality is crazies are about. Just want to lose some weight, tone up...I do live in a town where this kind of thing is unheard of, but it only takes one day, and I'm not stupid enough to think it couldn't happen to me. RIP Sierah, you had so much more life to live and this evil monster took it. I hope his life is taken in return.

Thread Information