Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Social Media Star Qandeel Baloch (26) was strangled by her brother

Post Social Media Star Qandeel Baloch (26) was strangled by her brother

Pakistan: Anger after honour killing of Qandeel Baloch
    Qandeel Baloch found dead in family home after being asphyxiated by her unrepentant brother.

Baloch was known for bold statements on women's rights and tolerance [Reuters]Baloch was known for bold statements on women's rights and tolerance [Reuters]

Qandeel Baloch, 26, was killed by her brother
    Her death came after reports surfaced about her personal life
    She was known for her outspoken posts about women and independence
    Her accused brother went missing but was arrested late on Saturday
    Senator Sherry Rahman and others call for anti-honour killing bill
    Karachi, Pakistan - Pakistani social media star Qandeel Baloch, who was known for her daring posts, has been killed by her brother.

Police on Saturday told Al Jazeera that Baloch's father, Mohammed Azeem, had filed a case against his son Waseem Azeem. The father also testified against another of his sons, who works in the army and reportedly encouraged his sibling to carry out the killing.

Waseem was in the family home in Multan when Baloch, whose real name was Fauzia Azeem, died.

Both sons went missing as news of the killing spread.

But late on Saturday, Waseem was found some 100 kilometres from Multan in Dera Ghazi Khan and arrested. Police presented him with his face covered during a press conference, during which he said he "killed for honour" and had "no regrets".

Nabila Ghazzanfar, a Punjab Police spokeswoman, said that the initial post-mortem showed that the 26-year-old's nose and mouth had been pinned shut before she died, blocking off her airways.

Baloch divided opinion in Pakistan, a largely conservative nation, as she appeared on television to speak about female empowerment, often dressed in non-traditional, revealing, clothes.

She began her career by auditioning on Pakistan Idol and soon after launched a social media enterprise, posting videos that went viral.

On her final, July 4 post to her Facebook page, which has almost 800,000 fans, she wrote: "I am trying to change the typical orthodox mindset of people who don't wanna come out of their shells of false beliefs and old practices. "

Her apparent "honour killing" has caused outrage.

'Honour killings are epidemic'

Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, who won an Oscar for a film about honour-based violence, told Al Jazeera that such attacks were an "epidemic".

"I'm very shaken up today. Activists in Pakistan have been screaming hoarse about honour killings; it is an epidemic, it takes place not only in towns, but in major cities as well.

"What are we going to do as a nation?"

Chinoy added that an anti-honour killing bill should be passed.

"It's upon the lawmakers to punish these people. We need to start making examples of people. It appears it is very easy to kill a woman in this country - and you can walk off scot free."

During screenings of Chinoy's recent documentary Girl in the River, in which a father tries to kill his daughter, she had heard people cheering for the father.

"It is a mindset we have to change," she said.

After the release of a recent music video in which Baloch starred, the celebrity's ex-husband Aashiq Hussain revealed intimate details of their relationship.

The story of her personal life was scrutinised in the media. She was pitted against clerics and her former husband, and cried publicly about torture and abuse she suffered during the short marriage.

Last month, she posted a series of selfies with a leading cleric, Mufti Abdul Qavi - a member of the "moon-sighting" committee, again causing a furore. During their meeting, the cleric reportedly proposed. A video shows Baloch sitting on the cleric's lap, while photos show her wearing his traditional wool cap.

'She was more than Kim Kardashian'

Fasi Zaka, a radio show host, told Al Jazeera: "She was the most self-exposed person, and what was different about her is that she was from a poor background. She did all this on her own. She is much more than Kim Kardashian, she went against the norms of society - and went on do what she wanted, on her own terms."

Mufti Naeem, a conservative, vocal cleric, condemned the killing.

"Her personal life was her business, and killing someone is haram [not permissible in Islam]," he told Al Jazeera. "The brother must be punished - we cannot have any more murders in the name of honour."

Sherry Rahman, a Senator and outspoken advocate for the rights of women and minorities, called for the national assembly to pass an anti-honour killing bill.

She said: "Assuming that Qandeel Baloch's brother will probably be arrested and punished for murder because of the high profile [nature] of the case, the fact remains that an essentially right-wing government is sitting on vital amendments in the Pakistan Criminal Procedure Code that would disallow justice to be privatised for crimes against women."

Vigils were held in Lahore and Karachi.

Women in Karachi gather to protest against the apparent 'honour' killing of Qandeel Baloch [Alia Chughtai/Al Jazeera]
    Natasha Ansari, who helped organise the Karachi event, said the media should have acted more responsibly when covering stories about Baloch. "In a country where lives are easily at risk, media has responsibility to protect them instead of making tabloid issues out of them."

"She was killed because she said and did things that made people feel uncomfortable and angry," said Erum Haider, a Karachi native and PhD student at Georgetown University. "We feel that there is no value to a woman's life if she doesn't live in a particular way ... in the bounds of what a conservative, patriachal society expects of you. We're here to protest that."

Nida Kirmani, who teaches sociology at Lahore University, said: "[She was] a woman who was living life on her own terms she wasn't afraid ... she was fun, loud, bold brash and beautiful - we would like to drown out those voices who think she deserved it because of the way she was behaving."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...140502239.html

Twitter
    @QandeelQuebee

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialQandeelBaloch/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/Qandeel.Baloch/?fref=ts
    Last edited by Lily Rivers; 07-17-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

Fuck this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Fuck this shit.
    Agree!!!

In one of the articles I read yesterday about this, the father said that it wasn't an honor kill..blah blah blah. Usually the brothers will get the order to kill their sisters for honor, not always but they don't just kill their sisters without the permission to do so. A friend from Iran explained this years ago. I know the brother could be a rogue warrior and fanatic and killed her for his own reasons, but it also makes me wonder if the father knew he was going to or even ordered him too. In either situation I think her being killed is ridiculous.

Video of her after she was found

https://youtu.be/Iuiq8JGvGj8

It's a set up. Father has ultimate say in allowing forgiveness of the murderer, lets the kid know to go for it and the guy walks free. Why is it that the brothers are always the ones to do it? Because it's on dad's orders. Impossible framework for the women.

This one really bothers me.

Ugh, and they show her dead body on the Facebook. Good though. The world needs to be faced with this sort of thing. There are so many people blaming the victim here and trying to say what she was doing isn't a progressive woman's movement. In a society like ours, we are able to take for granted the right to slut it up. What she was doing was a huge statement. I wish I knew about her before she died.

Fucking hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Sherry Rahman, a Senator and outspoken advocate for the rights of women and minorities, called for the national assembly to pass an anti-honour killing bill.

Just reading this one sentence infuriates me. To think this is even remotely legal/okay in parts of the world is sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

Just reading this one sentence infuriates me. To think this is even remotely legal/okay in parts of the world is sickening.
    Agreed. It may take an example such as this sadly; she had reach over here too - which generally isn't a thing, so it's not spoken about unless it happens somewhere where it's 'shocking'.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Yeah, why are they so inhuman that they require an "Anti Honor Killing Bill" to pass? They not human enough to realize that it's fucking wrong to begin with? The fuck is wrong with people?

"Mufti Naeem, a conservative, vocal cleric, condemned the killing." I like this guy.

And yet there are still those who cheer honor killings, like it's some kind of rite of passage for a woman to be killed for something that we here in the west consider ridiculous, mundane, and everyday.

This is a disgusting and disheartening example of the stupidity of humans and their complete disregard for the sanctity of life.

Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

I'm confused as to whether she was shot or suffocated.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I'm confused as to whether she was shot or suffocated.
    Same. It's also breaking my heart how 'shocked' people are.

People reallllly need to get their heads out of the TV and into legit reporting on international news.

I hate the term "honour killing".
    He's a neanderthal. A sexually frustrated and repressed sister killing cunt.

So I am trying to see what made her brother snap. I have no idea who this person is, but here is an article about her and him breaking their fast.

What really happened when Mufti Abdul Qavi broke his fast with Qandeel Baloch in a hotel?

KARACHI (Web Desk) – Controversy queen Qandeel Baloch wrote on her Facebook page that she had Iftar with Mufti Qavi.

Although Qandeel has not specified the exact venue of their meeting, it seems that the two were appearing on the Ramadan transmission of a TV channel.

Mufti Abdul Quvi has claimed that it was Qandeel Baloch who had requested the meeting, not him. Talking to Dunya News, he said that Baloch had promised to observe the entire month of Ramazan fasting. She also said that she wanted to meet with PTI chairman Imran Khan.

“I am president of PTI’s ulema wing, that is why Qandeel Baloch extended her wish to meet me as well and I called her to the hotel,” he went on to say

This is not the Mufti’s first run-in with a headline-grabbing Pakistani celebrity like Qandeel. The Mufti had earlier developed close ties with Veena Malik, after entering into a verbal argument with her on live television. The Mufti now claims to be one of the major influences behind Veena Malik’s Islamic “reformation”.

Related: From Shadun Lund to Karachi: The unthinkable story of Qandeel Baloch who was a bus hostess before becoming controversy queen

Yet, the Mufti was unable to tame the shutterbug in Qandeel and stood next to the social media sensation for a number of selfies. “We sat in the lobby and broke our fasts. Later, she asked if she could take some pictures with me,” Mufti explained.

However, Baloch has claimed that Mufti Abdul Quvi had put in the request to meet her at the hotel he was staying in.

“The Mufti said, ‘I want to see you before the Eid moon,'” added Qandeel, who also claimed that the religious scholar had “proposed” to her during the meeting.

Before pulling this recent stunt, she had promised to strip dance for her nation, particularly cricket captain Shahid Afridi, if Pakistan won the T20 match against India on 19 March 2016.

The teaser regarding her strip dance on social media went viral, but Pakistan lost the match, shattering a great many hopes.

But Qandeel’s latest attention play with the Mufti may even surpass the buzz that monumental social media event generated.

http://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/lifes...andeel-balcoh/

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

She also had a striptease video that she posted last month

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Brother of Pakistan's Qandeel Baloch: I'm 'proud' of strangling my sister

The brother of Pakistani social media star, Qandeel Baloch, says he's proud he killed his sister, claiming he did it because "girls are born to stay home."

The 25 year-old Qandeel was strangled Friday at her family home in the city of Multan in the Pakistani province of Punjab. After going on the run, her brother was later arrested. In his confession video, he expresses no regret.
    "I am proud of what I did. I drugged her first, then I killed her," Waseem Baloch says. "She was bringing dishonor to our family."

Qandeel rose to fame due to the sassy, and increasingly political, videos she posted on Facebook.
    Her brother Waseem claims that having his friends share her pictures and video clips was "too much" for him and killing his sister was a better alternative than killing himself.
    Both adored and reviled, Qandeel, who was buried Sunday, referred to herself as a "modern day feminist" and had nearly 750,000 followers on Facebook.
    In one incident, Qandeel made headlines after posting selfies on her Instagram account with Mufti Abdul Qavi, a senior member of the clergy. According to Waseem, this particular controversy was "the end of it."
    "I planned this after her scandal with the mufti and was waiting for the right time," he says.
    Waseem goes on to remark that he thinks he will be remembered with pride and honor, and by bringing honor to his family he has earned his place "in heaven."
    "Girls are born to stay home and follow traditions. My sister never did that," he says.

Qandeel's videos were not very different from the thousands of others shared by 20-something social media celebrities across the Internet. She pouted into the camera, discussed her hairstyles and shared cooing confessions about her celebrity crushes.
    But in Pakistan, her flirty antics pushed the boundaries of what is acceptable.

On the list of 145 countries featured in the World Economic Forum's 2015 Gender Gap Report, Pakistan is second to last with regards to gender disparity.
    According to the Independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, violence against women is rampant, with as many as 212 women being killed in the name of 'honor' in the first five months of 2016.
    Pakistan's Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif, has vowed to tackle the problem but critics say few concrete steps have been taken.
    "There is no honor in honor killing, in fact there can be nothing more degrading than to engage in brutal murder and to refer to it as honor," he said in a press statement six months ago.
    On the morning Qandeel was murdered, she shared a picture of herself staring defiantly into the camera, wearing a pair of leopard print pants and a black tank top.
    Despite reports that she was scared for her life, she wrote that she was a fighter.
    "I will bounce back," she said, adding that she wanted to inspire women who have been "treated badly and dominated by society."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/asia/p...ion/index.html

Quote from Muhammad Waseem

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1143481/...death-brother/

?I am a drug addict but I was in my senses when I murdered her and I accept it with pride.
    Now everybody will remember me with honour that I have provided relief to my parents and brothers who were suffering for the last two decades because of her.

seriously? ugh....

there are folks actually HAPPY she was killed. Posting on her last photo -

Afshan Shahzadi After knowing your second marriage with Ashiq Hussain
    Really lm trying to search your beautiful parting ...was shown in picture with Ashiq Husain
    Believe me Qandeel now l can understand your pathetic condition..
    You are the victim of inferiority complex
    And your aim of life is just earning money...
    And for money you can do each and every vulgar thing even...
    Believe me feeling bad for you as you are psycho patient
    Not showing love for your son
    Cha cha cha cha

And international media
    Hahahaha
    If it is true then keep in mind
    International media is hell in the world...
    Ok to be naked
    Is not a proud ok
    Feel ashamed on your stupidity

Yep Waseem everyone is going to remember you with pride and honor...pfft

Now that shits me so hard. He's into drugs, yet she, she who was building her own little empire/making changes etc, is the embarrassment!? Keeps getting shitter. From reading this morning it seems their media is smearing her hard, he's going to be AAAAAAAA-OKAY.

I agree,makes me wonder if maybe that day she refused to give him drug money.
    Seems like bc of the money she would have benefitted her family to where she'd be safe.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    On Wikipedia (I know it is not always the best source), it says her father told the police his sons (he thought 2 were initially involved) had killed her for her money. It is also mentioned that she was going to be moving out of the country with her parents after a national holiday in Pakistan. So terribly sad.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So glad he's proud to be such a piece of shit. Now if only someone would tie him to a bumper and drag him across Afghanistan until parts started to fall off....
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2900672

Pakistani star Qandeel Baloch’s brother formally charged with her murder

A Pakistani man who confessed to strangling his famous sister over the summer has officially been charged with murder.

Waseem Baloch was indicted in a Multan, Pakistan court, five months after he was arrested in connection to social media star Qandeel Baloch's death, the BBC reports.

He quickly took credit for her murder in July, publicly admitting in a press conference that he killed her because she brought "dishonor" to his family.

Qandeel, 26, earned a considerable following in the socially conservative nation of Pakistan for sharing risqu? photos and outspoken posts on social media asking for changes to the country's conventional standards.

Her viewpoints were highly divisive in the country, and her death at the time was met with outrage by some within the nation and praise by others who saw her as a "disgrace."

She shared a music video that featured her dancing suggestively the day before her death.

Qandeel's cousin, Haq Nawaz, was also charged with murder, and a pair of other men, including a cab driver, were hit with conspiracy to murder and facilitation charges, according to the BBC.

Nawaz's brother-in-law, Zafar Zain Khosa is reportedly being pursued by law enforcement officials.

The three men who appeared in court each denied the charges against them, the BBC reports.

"Her brother Waseem claims that having his friends share her pictures and video clips was "too much" for him and killing his sister was a better alternative than killing himself."

ok then. asshole.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Thread Information