Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Karen Ristevski's (47) remains were found in bushland eight months after she went missing

Karen Ristevski's (47) remains were found in bushland eight months after she went missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...e_went_missing

The husband of missing Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski has been questioned over her disappearance.

Ms Ristevski, 47, was last seen at her home in Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights, about 10am on June 29.

She had reportedly been arguing about financial issues with her husband, Borce, with whom she owns Taylors Lakes formal wear business Bella Bleu. It has been reported she went for a walk to "clear her head" after the argument.

Detectives from the missing persons squad have confirmed they questioned Mr Ristevski about his wife's disappearance last Friday. He has since been released pending further inquiries.

"A 52-year-old Avondale Heights man was interviewed on Friday," a police spokeswoman said. "The investigation remains ongoing."

Police have also searched Ms Ristevski's house and the surrounding area.

Her mobile phone is switched off and she has not used her debit card.

Ms Ristevski's daughter Sarah, 21, made an emotional plea for help to find her mother last week.

Sarah told radio station 3AW she had reached out to her mother's friends on Facebook but to no avail.

"There's no leads at all, no sightings, nothing," she said. "I've logged onto her Facebook and contacted all of her friends. No one has seen her."

Sarah said she was desperate for her mother to return home.

At the time Ms Ristevski went missing, she was wearing a black jacket and dark pants. She has shoulder-length dark hair, is about 160 centimetres tall and has a slim build.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ka...11-gq3fw0.html
    Last edited by Olivia; 02-21-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I always side eye the spouse. I hope she is found safe but it isn't sounding good.

Missing Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski and her husband faced major financial difficulties when she vanished three weeks ago.

Mrs Ristevski hasn't been seen since she walked away from her family home in Melbourne's north-west to 'clear her head' after an argument with her husband Borce Ristevski about finances.

The Ristevski's financial problems go back more than a decade when a family business which owed nearly $600,000 in unsecured debts collapsed, according to The Australian.

A shopping centre owner lodged a caveat over Mrs Ristevski?s property in Avondale Heights in February, a move believed to be provoked by unpaid rent, according to the paper.

Last week the Ristevski family cut a press conference short after a reporter asked Mr Ristevski if he had killed her.

'Did you kill Karen, Borce?' the reporter said.

The couple's daughter Sarah, 21, burst into tears as the missing woman's aunt, Patrice, shut the press conference down.

This came as police revealed CCTV cameras at the 47-year-old boutique owner's family home in Avondale Heights did not show her leaving the property on June 29, the day she disappeared, the Herald Sun reported.

Mr Ristevski told police the last time he saw his wife was at around 10am that day, when she left the family home on foot to 'clear her head' after the couple had an argument about finances.

Her neighbours also said they didn't see her on that morning.

Mr Ristevski has already been questioned by police over the disappearance but was released pending further inquiries.

Police have not suggested that Mr Ristevski has had anything to do with his wife's disappearance.

Police also said they will be focussing on a second location in the search for Mrs Ristevski on Friday.

SES crews, water police and police on motorbikes searched the Maribyrnong River and surrounding areas on Thursday for clues.

Police are searching for a gold purse and handbag as well as the missing mother's mobile phone and have combed the Maribyrnong River and bushland behind the family?s Oakley Drive home without success.

Mrs Ristevski's phone has been switched off and her bank accounts left untouched since her disappearance.Two cars have been seized from the family during the course of the investigation and have not yet been returned.

On Thursday, Mr Ristevski was pictured linking arms with his daughter as they walked away from cameras following the abrupt end to the family's press conference.

'I really think that is inappropriate ... This is about Karen, it's not about anyone else,' aunt Patrice said.

Before the press conference ended in tears Patrice told the media the mum's disappearance was a 'nightmare' for the family.

'It is quite distressing we take every day as it comes... It is difficult for the family.

'Someone doesn't just disappear like this. It's not Karen, she would not leave us,' she said.

She also told media she didn't know anyone who would want to harm the missing mother.

Sarah Ristevski said her mother wouldn't leave her 'because she is an only child'.

Inspector Stephen Dennis said Mrs Ristevski's disappearance was still being treated as a missing persons investigation but they had grave concerns for her welfare.

Karen Ristevski's disappearance has been described by police as 'highly irregular' and they now have grave concerns for her safety, news.com.au reported.

The 47-year-old mother was last seen by her family after she walked out of their luxury Avondale Heights home in Oakley Drive, in Melbourne's north-west, about 10am on Wednesday June 29.

Ms Ristevski has since failed to turn up for work at the family business Bella Bleu boutique in Taylors Lakes.

A police spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia: 'As part of the investigation, Karen's house and the surrounding area has been searched.'

Speaking last week before he was interviewed by police Mr Ristevski said this had happened before but noted his wife had never left for more than a few hours, the publication reported.

'That was the last thing she said to me: 'I'm going to go and clear my head',' Mr Ristevski said.

'She has always walked back in the door after calming down.'

Mrs Ristevski reportedly had $850 in cash when she disappeared. She was last seen wearing a black jacket and jeans and is known to frequent Taylors Lakes.

She is described as 160cm tall with a slim build and has shoulder length brown hair.

Anyone with information on Ms Ristevski's disappearance is urged to contact Avondale Heights police on 9337 6777.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4EoB4hUr2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last week the Ristevski family cut a press conference short after a reporter asked Mr Ristevski if he had killed her.

'Did you kill Karen, Borce?' the reporter said.

The couple's daughter Sarah, 21, burst into tears as the missing woman's aunt, Patrice, shut the press conference down.

I feel so bad for her daughter.

Look up Ant Ric on Facebook. He's claiming to be Karen's stepson. He's also claiming that Karen molested him for seven years. AR's posts are violent and seem to demonstrate that the writer is mentally ill. AR also claims he was interviewed by police and posts a CD as proof. I've tried to read his name but can't figure out the last name.

Zelda ~ thanks and welcome to MDS.

Wow on his FB page. I have shared some notable comments below. I agree with Zelda that he does have some issues, but I cannot help to think what he is saying might have some truth to it.

One thing that nobody knows is that 6 mths after first meeting my dad my stepmother stripped me of my virginity my teenage years and my rights which every human has there chance to grow into a man no not me I had it all taken by Karen ristevski she used boris ristevski the one who is ment to protect me as his son allowed his wife to continue rape meliester a 15 year old boy who had excaped a violent childhood to a dad who admits to being a cowered that would rather stay with a pedofile woman to keep his money the embrassment shame and having to be a real man to stand up and do the right thing everyone who I have let do me wrong ends up in that dark place that I have learnt to call home if home is where the heart is then what happens to thorse who really have no heart or even a soul ???????? She said it and u let it dead or alive Karen u will always b the one who q

Crazy but 100%true 7 years she fucked me and my relationship with so called farther who refers to himself as a cowered

https://www.facebook.com/ant.ric.7?fref=nf

Man claiming to be missing woman Karen Ristevski's ice-addicted stepson denies killing her - but tells police he 'would have liked to' after a secret family conflict

-Anthony Rickard, 32, claims to be the stepson of missing Karen Ristevski
    -He says he is the son of Mrs Ristevski's, 47, husband Borce
    -He denies killing the Melbourne mum but said he 'is very capable'
    -The father of two is also fighting an ice addiction
    -Mr Rickard said that there had been anger over a family conflict
    -Mrs Ristevski was last seen about 10am on June 29 at her family home

A man claiming to be missing Victorian mother Karen Ristevski's stepson says he 'is very capable' of murdering her.
    Anthony Rickard, 32, denies killing the missing mum but told the Herald Sun that he is angry over a family conflict and has been questioned by police in relation to the 47-year-old's disappearance.
    Mr Rickard, a father of two, also told the publication he was fighting an ice addiction.
    Mrs Ristevski was last seen at her Avondale Heights home, in Melbourne's northwest, about 10am on June 29 after she went for some fresh air after a heated discussion with her husband Borce.

Mrs Ristevski's alleged stepson said he has no alibi on the day of her disappearance, but tells the Herald Sun that anger over a family conflict would be considered a motive.
    Mr Rickard says detectives asked him if he had killed his stepmother.
    'I said, "I would have liked to",' he told the Herald Sun, then added he was very capable of carrying out such a crime.
    He claims a secret conflict destroyed the family and that 'it would be understandable if police viewed him as a suspect.'

He says he is the son of Mrs Ristevski's husband, Borce, and said he was 14 when he moved into her household with his dad and younger half-sister Sarah.
    While telling the Herald Sun he was provided a comfortable home to live in, he claims a secret conflict tore the family apart.
    The reported disagreement is not specified but an aunt of Mr Rickard has supports his story.
    Melinda Dawes told the Herald Sun that she and an ex-partner have spoken with detectives.

'He has always kept to the same story ? I've never had a reason to doubt him.'
    Mr Rickard says he called the missing mum days before her disappearance to face his past.
    'So I rung her (Mrs Ristevski) ... what I wanted to talk to her about she knows exactly why.
    'It was a shock that she disappeared after my phone call to her.'

Police have said they hold grave concerns for Mrs Ristevski's welfare as she hasn't used her phone or accessed her bank account since her disappearance.
    Ms Ristevski has since failed to turn up for work at the family business Bella Bleu boutique in Taylors Lakes.
    A police spokesperson previously told Daily Mail Australia: 'As part of the investigation, Karen's house and the surrounding area has been searched.'
    There has been a wave of support on social media to find the popular dress shop owner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4FAMT25Dw
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Still side-eying the husband. If this family secret was just revealed it could have set the husband off. Then again the secret may not be legit or even play into it, since finances are so bad an insurance killing is also on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Zelda ~ thanks and welcome to MDS.

Wow on his FB page. I have shared some notable comments below. I agree with Zelda that he does have some issues, but I cannot help to think what he is saying might have some truth to it.

One thing that nobody knows is that 6 mths after first meeting my dad my stepmother stripped me of my virginity my teenage years and my rights which every human has there chance to grow into a man no not me I had it all taken by Karen ristevski she used boris ristevski the one who is ment to protect me as his son allowed his wife to continue rape meliester a 15 year old boy who had excaped a violent childhood to a dad who admits to being a cowered that would rather stay with a pedofile woman to keep his money the embrassment shame and having to be a real man to stand up and do the right thing everyone who I have let do me wrong ends up in that dark place that I have learnt to call home if home is where the heart is then what happens to thorse who really have no heart or even a soul ???????? She said it and u let it dead or alive Karen u will always b the one who q

Crazy but 100%true 7 years she fucked me and my relationship with so called farther who refers to himself as a cowered

https://www.facebook.com/ant.ric.7?fref=nf
    I think you're right,he does seem to have issues & a lot of resentment.
    I do wish that everyone would learn the basics in school though, so I could understand them. He has a longer post Im trying to read but can't even get the gist of it.

Per the latest I could find, a key "person of interest" in the case has suddenly stopped talking.

They mention Anthony Rickard in the article as well, making it seem as if he is not this mystery person of interest? Unless I'm just reading that wrong:

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski have reportedly been met with a "sudden wall of silence" from a key person of interest.

Mrs Ristevski was last seen on June 29 and has not used her phone or accessed her bank accounts since.

Today police officers will set up an information caravan in Mrs Ristevski's home suburb of Avondale Heights, where she was last seen leaving her home to "clear her head" after allegedly arguing with her husband Borce, the Herald Sun reports.

Officers will also doorknock residents and put up missing persons posters.

The intensified search for clues comes as police reveal that a key person of interest has suddenly stopped talking to them.

Police have not publicly named any persons of interest or revealed who has become silent.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...Gq4jumfcLAk.99
    Also, an older article where Vic Ristevski (her brother in law) states that police were questioning a local man, which Victoria police denied:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...e5c61074474760

I am always hesitant to believe stories such as the one from Rickard. She isn't here to defend herself, and it's really a one sided story. But it's not implausible. Who knows. I hope they get some answers soon. Most of all, my heart goes out to her daughter. Awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Is Ant Ric's facebook gone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Is Ant Ric's facebook gone ?
    It's still there but looks like it's on lockdown now.

Police are reviewing CCTV footage but Detective Inspector Dennis said that cameras at Ms Ristevski's home were not working when she vanished.
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/po...27-gqet08.html

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski have dressed a mannequin to resemble what she may have looked like the day she disappeared
    Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...4dKZe9TozeL.99

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski have dressed a mannequin to resemble what she may have looked like the day she disappeared

That is rather helpful, especially the inclusion of the papers the mannequin is holding.

Be on the look out for Caitlyn Jenner carrying papers. Sorry could not resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Be on the look out for Caitlyn Jenner carrying papers. Sorry could not resist.

I'm really kind of confused as to the point of the mannequin. Seems to me like they're grasping at straws.
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I am too. ^^^ Will they be leaving it roadside? lol I can see the use of a dummy when they are reenacting a crime scene, but for a missing person they have tons of recent photos of?

Seems a bit circuso like to me.

Oops...circus like

They do the whole mannequin thing frequently here when someone goes missing. Embarrassing lol

What do they use it for or where do they use it? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    They do the whole mannequin thing frequently here when someone goes missing. Embarrassing lol
    That's actually really interesting hahah Has it ever yielded results in past cases that you know of?

Quote Originally Posted by aphaziak View Post
    That's actually really interesting hahah Has it ever yielded results in past cases that you know of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    What do they use it for or where do they use it? ^^
    How it usually works is they do it when someone was said to have been last seen in public. So Karen allegedly left on foot which is I guess why they've used it. They dress the mannequin in similar clothes to what the missing person was apparently wearing and put it where they were approximately last seen, in the hopes that it jogs someones memory as to what the missing person was doing, if they got in a car, who they were talking to etc.

Here's an article about where they used it for the Daniel Morcombe case -

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...-1226116338758

And another one they did for Alison Baden Clay

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-2...-woman/3975586

They usually set up a police stand nearby (you can see it with both Karen and Alison's mannequins above) so people can stop and give tips. It sounds pretty pointless, but I guess it's a low cost, easy option that may work. I have never heard of a case being solved by the use of a mannequin, but I am sure they would have gotten some tips over the years? I know that with Daniel's case, they last pinpointed where he was based on witness accounts - he was last seen waiting for a bus to go Christmas shopping and his killer picked him up from the bus stop.
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-27-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this Liv, much appreciated!

Ant posted this yesterday. I'm assuming he is speaking about his step sister Sarah when he writes "s.r" and "s-r".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information