Thread: Steven Esworthy (32) was beaten to death while walking home from his brother's wedding

Steven Esworthy (32) was beaten to death while walking home from his brother's wedding

A Harrisburg man walking home from a wedding was beaten to death overnight, police said Sunday.

Neighbors in the Midtown neighborhood say it's not the first attack like this.

This part of the city, on Green Street near Verbeke Street, just feels safe to Nathaniel Foote. The attack is surprising.

"Because it happened so close to home, physically within feet of where we live, it concerns you," Foote said.

Police say 32-year-old Steven Esworthy was walking home alone from a family member's wedding around 1:30 Sunday morning.

A man hit him over the head with something then rifled through his pockets before running off.

"It's upsetting, obviously," said Hillary Greene, who lives nearby. "I am from the neighborhood; I feel very comfortable in this neighborhood."

One neighbor ABC27 News spoke with didn't want to talk on camera but said he saw Esworthy walking. The neighbor was watching from across the street and said he saw Esworthy stumble into a fence at the corner of Green and Charles streets before walking toward Verbeke Street.

That's when he noticed a man walking behind him with a piece of wood in his hands, but the neighbor didn't really think too much of it at the time.

He took his dog around the block for a walk and when he came back just a couple minutes later, he saw Esworthy up the block, lying on the ground bleeding, the other man looking through his pockets.

Paramedics declared Esworthy dead on the sidewalk.

Two days ago, another apparent attack happened nearby, similar to this one.

Phil Narsh says he was headed down Third Street early in the morning on June 17, just three blocks from Sunday's attack.

"After that," he said, "the next thing I remember was being put into an ambulance and was told that I was attacked."

His arm is now immobilized and he has a big knot on his forehead. He said it was the size of a grapefruit the next day. His phone, keys, and some money were missing, too.

Narsh said he didn't file a police report at the time, as he was being taken to the hospital, and he's already been able to replace his phone. He doesn't want his experience to scare people away from the city.

"I know that I'm, like, a victim of it, but I hesitate to say like downtown is scary," he said. "It doesn't seem scary to me. I live here."

A number of people in the area said that about the attack. It's a shock, but they're not worried.

"I always encourage people to move to Midtown," Foote said. "And I hope that people don't see this and think otherwise."

Police were still searching for a suspect Sunday night. He's described as a black man in his 20s, wearing jeans and a white tank top possibly draped around his neck.

Anyone with information or security cameras in the area is asked to call police. Dauphin County Crime Stoppers is offering up to $2,000 for information that leads to an arrest.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ther_s_wedding
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I read this yesterday. I really hope they find the fuck that did this.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Wow how fucked up is this story.

FIrst f

Quote Originally Posted by DaniNYC212 View Post
    FIrst f
    Go on...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sorry about that. Not sure what I did. Couldn't see anything I was typing. So first post for a noob didnt turn out so well. Hopefully the second goes better.
    Anyway, looks like they caught the guy. Killing someone for 20 bucks seems reasonable....

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/09...endant_he.html

Worthy of an update:

Harrisburg police have charged 19-year-old Shamir Hunter with robbery and homicide in the death of Steve Esworthy...

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06...pect_stev.html

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbid1 View Post
    Worthy of an update:

Harrisburg police have charged 19-year-old Shamir Hunter with robbery and homicide in the death of Steve Esworthy...

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/06...pect_stev.html
    What a fucking POS. He BRAGGED about it on FB!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Police can bring in this piece of shit without incident?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Alright here's a question -

You see your mate post something like that - do you ignore it/hope he isn't serious or full of shit, or report it? And if you report it, what do you say? "My mate posted he rolled someone on FB, don't know anything else".

Legit interested. (Obviously fucking horrid story here, we just see this a little bit and i'm interested).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

I would report it. I'd rather be wrong and let a murder off.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    I would report it. I'd rather be wrong and let a murder off.
    I'd like to think, because of all the shit we see on here, that I'd instantly call it. But I can think of a few instances where I might not, but even then, that still feels weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post

You see your mate post something like that - do you ignore it/hope he isn't serious or full of shit, or report it? And if you report it, what do you say? "My mate posted he rolled someone on FB, don't know anything else".

Legit interested. (Obviously fucking horrid story here, we just see this a little bit and i'm interested).
    It would depend on the person and their criminal history/tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It would depend on the person and their criminal history/tendencies.
    Woah, wait... Maybe I'm missing what he actually posted but if a "friend" posted/bragged about beating the shit out of someone and robbed them I would most certainly direct the police to their post.

Fuck that! I don't care about your past or the type of person I "thought" you were. I don't associate with people like that so nah homie you telling on yourself... I'm just telling the right people to read it.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Woah, wait... Maybe I'm missing what he actually posted but if a "friend" posted/bragged about beating the shit out of someone and robbed them I would most certainly direct the police to their post.

Fuck that! I don't care about your past or the type of person I "thought" you were. I don't associate with people like that so nah homie you telling on yourself... I'm just telling the right people to read it.
    I guess I misunderstood the question. If I saw someone post something like this without actual knowledge that they did something, I wouldn't know if they were serious or not. People post stupid shit all of the time, I'm not reporting anything unless I think they're serious with which their history and tendencies would be a factor on if I believe they're not bullshitting.

His facebook doesn't come up for me. I found some screen snip tho.

The caption on this one said Thugging

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post

Let's remember that ghetto slang trade among thieves and murders "snitchs laid in ditches"

What a little fucking douchebag. If ever there was a sperm that a condom shoulda caught, this is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post

a false lead is better than no lead at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    He seems nice.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information