Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Christy Sheats (42) killed her daughters Taylor (22) and Madison (17) following a family meeting

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    The comments are pretty satisfying.
    I agree. This one in particular was "interesting":

What a sick dillusional bitch better she is not in this world no longer sad she made that choice for her daughters God don’t like ugly and isn’t to fond of pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    The comments are pretty satisfying.
    They made for a good read over morning coffee. That blogger is all kinds of ^(&#)

That blogger can't be serious, right?

Here's some more info on what went down that day.

Jason told police that his marriage to Christy began to unravel in 2012 when she suffered from depression following the death of her grandfather, according to The Christian Post.

While she was on medication, she tried taking her own life three times, Jason said. They got separated on few occasions and had just reunited days before the tragedy.

That fateful Friday, Jason told investigators that he returned home from work to tell his wife in their backyard that he wanted a divorce.

"This would be the last birthday that you are going to ruin," Jason told Christy.

Christy then called their daughters Madison and Taylor in their living room for a family meeting.

Jason told the investigators he thought they would be discussing the divorce.

This didn't happen, according to Nehls. "She immediately pulled the weapon out and pointed it at Mr. Sheats and wanted to blame him: 'You made me do this, you're making me do this,'" the sheriff said.

"We asked Mr. Sheats for a motive in his own words," Nehls said, according to NBC News. "He stated that he felt Christy wanted him to suffer."

According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, the shooting happened about 5 p.m. Friday. After Christy drew her gun and began shooting, "Jason Sheats and both daughters managed to get out of the house by going through the front door," the sheriff's office said in a press release on June 27. "Madison collapsed and died. Jason ran to the end of the cul-de-sac. Taylor ran into the street and Christy Sheats followed, shooting Taylor again. According to a witness, Christy Sheats went back inside the home to reload the gun. Christy Sheats returned and shot Taylor once more."
    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...26.htm?email=1

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    That blogger can't be serious, right?
    Oh but she is. Her latest is about Alton Sterling thug and saying only entitled people rant about black lives matter. I love her blog tagline "Spreading Positivity through Jesus Christ" yet she tends to spread hate, racism, and ignorance through her Jesus. Piece of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Oh but she is. Her latest is about Alton Sterling thug and saying only entitled people rant about black lives matter. I love her blog tagline "Spreading Positivity through Jesus Christ" yet she tends to spread hate, racism, and ignorance through her Jesus. Piece of work!
    Isn't that always the way? Piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

This is so sad. The evil that exists.

A people's article about the unraveling of Christy.
    http://www.people.com/article/christ...riage-shooting
    In the four years since, Christy sought treatment at three mental health facilities, Jason told authorities. The family also started a pattern of service calls for authorities to their home, including three calls about Christy's suicide attempts, Nehls said.

Jason told authorities Christy was taking several medications for depression and anxiety, but Nehls told PEOPLE he did not have any information about her medication regimen or how it might or might not have affected her stability.

The day of the shooting, Christy had an argument with Taylor and wanted to ground her, to keep her from seeing her fianc?, Nehls said. Jason disagreed with that decision. He and Christy discussed divorce that day, too, Nehls said.

Within hours, both daughters and Christy were dead. Jason, a witness, pleaded with his wife not to shoot, according to 911 audio. "I promise you whatever you want," he can be heard saying on one call.

The victims' father Jason Sheats posted a diatribe on Facebook about his ex and surprise! she was pretty much exactly as everyone diagnosed her.
    My question is, if he knew she was suicidal and had to wrestle the gun out of her hands on more than one occasion, why he didn't get it out of the house.

https://www.facebook.com/jasonsheats...54315473851067
    Today is very difficult for me. I am finding myself being upset and even a little bit angry about what has happened. I do not blame God for what happened. I blame the evil brought into this world by Satan.

I miss my wonderful angels, Taylor Sheats and Madison Sheats.

I get upset by people who want to try and make a victim of my children's murderer. She had two lives, the one she posted on Facebook--because she cared so much what her old friends thought of her--and the life she lived with my daughters and me. She left it public for a reason. She wanted the world to see the fake life she portrayed on FB. She wanted everyone to think her life was awesome, but it wasn't. She wasn't awesome. She let her husband work two jobs for four years while she didn't have a job. I encouraged her to get a career, even building her resume for her and trying to get her hired at my place of work, telling her she could do anything to which she set her mind. However, her fear of failure always won out. She was afraid to try because she was afraid to fail. She relied on who she used to be, and she was that person in texts and FB posts to her friends. She was quite different in real life. The woman I loved died when her grandfather died 4 years ago in 2012. She went into a downward spiral and tried committing suicide on three or four occasions with me once wrestling a gun out of her hands that she had pointed at herself. Every single time she was put into a hospital, she would straighten up and act like she had it all together, and I would get her out. That was a mistake for which I am still paying, and probably always will due to the loss of my wonderful angels.

My message to all those who want to rationalize what she did: You can't. Nothing that happened in our marriage gave her any right to do what she did to HER OWN INNOCENT CHILDREN. We didn't get along for years: get counseling. She was depressed - go to a psychologist once or twice a week, not once a month. She had low self-esteem - branch out and find something else at which you excel. Fear ruled her life. It was her fear of failure, not fear of me. She didn't fear me. She wanted to always be the victim and she portrayed anything negative that ever happened in our home as anyone else's fault but hers. In 23 years of marriage, she might have said she was sorry less than 10 times. Not kidding. She didn't love me, because who would sit at home, even with some illness in her life, and let their husband work two jobs for four years. There were times I left at 5:45 AM and got home after 9 or 10 PM. I missed my girls, but I was also doing the tutoring so the girls wouldn't need to struggle for money.

My former spouse's actions and words had tormented them for years, even about their self-image. She constantly tried to lift herself up at their expense. She told them, "When I was your age, I was a size x", and she would wear their clothes as if to say, look at me. She never exercised to lose weight. She wanted plastic surgery for her birthday and anniversary presents. The girls always thought she took the easy way out. My girls worked out and were both doing great. Madison had lost almost 10 pounds in the last few weeks. Taylor worked out like a champ almost every day. They were both happy with who they were, and I think that ticked her off even more.
    In the last few years, she almost never loved on them, almost never hugging them and kissing them. Almost never telling them how much she loved them...things I did because I wanted to do them every day. She didn't love them and she proved it by doing what she did. If she had a problem with me, then she had her chance when I tried to get off the couch and she pointed the gun straight at my chest. It was pure EVIL to harm innocent, wonderful, amazing, precious angels to try to hurt me. They did NOTHING. They deserved to live. She should've shot me, then herself if she had that much ill will and evil in her heart toward me. I admit I have been very angry in my life, but it never crossed my mind to harm my children because I was mad at someone else, or even if I was upset with them (which almost never happened).

My girls and I were peas in a pod. We loved doing almost everything together. We laughed and loved on each other all the time, and we almost never missed a chance to say "I love you".

I miss them dearly. I feel so empty inside, like two big pieces of me are missing and I will never get them back. Sometimes I feel like I can't remember them as well as I should, and I feel guilty. Maybe my mind is still trying to push the images of that day out of my mind for sanity's sake. I pray no human ever has to experience what I experienced that day. Ever.

God has carried me this far, and will continue to carry me. My family and friends here in Alabama love on me constantly and comfort me more than I can put into words. They have successfully spread my grief over a longer period of time, instead of letting it slam me all at once and crush my spirit. For this help and support, I am eternally grateful. Thank you for all the prayers of support and the blessings you all have given to me with your kind posts and messages. I have received thousands from all corners of the world, Australia, New Zealand, China, Austria, Norway, Finland, Ghana, the Philippines, France, England, etc. It gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, the world is not yet lost to evil.
    God bless you all and thank you for all the support.

Psalm 116:1-2
    1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. 2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpienne View Post
    The victims' father Jason Sheats posted a diatribe on Facebook about his ex and surprise! she was pretty much exactly as everyone diagnosed her.
    My question is, if he knew she was suicidal and had to wrestle the gun out of her hands on more than one occasion, why he didn't get it out of the house.
    I agree on the gun front, but I won't get preachy on this one - obviously without the gun, this wouldn't have gone down this way; but she probably would have just found another way to hurt him.

His words are very hard hitting and it's wonderful. If anyone now dares to try and defend her, they are truly assholes. This poor man. Fuck guns. Fuck selfish bitches. No surgery could of fixed her ugly, selfish heart.

This is only a guess, as I did not grow up with guns in the home, or know anyone who had even shot a gun, let alone owned one. It seems that in families where gun ownership is considered normal, they tend to have a belief that nothing bad will happen as a result of a gun being in the house. They just don't make that mental association between "guns" and "bad things." Their mental associations tend to be "guns" and "protection," "safety," "my right," "hunting," or "fun at the shooting range."

We see so many cases where troubled individuals, whether adults or teens, have access to guns in their own homes. And that doesn't include the people who don't even bother to lock their guns up, and then young kids shoot themselves or a family member with it.

There was the woman in Idaho who had her gun in her purse while in Walmart and her toddler took it out and shot her in the store.

You have to get into the thinking habits and beliefs of these people to understand why they make these decisions.

I have a good laugh when toddlers shoot their parents. I have a good cry when kids shoot their friends.

Shooting guns is sort of fun when you go to a range and rent one. I would never have one in my house.

People don't need to hunt because groceries.

Locks and bars on windows are pretty effective safety precautions.

You are more likely to die or kill someone you love with your own gun than ever having to use it on someone trying to harm you. True fact.

Debatable? The second amendment refers to the righ of militias to have guns to overthrow the corrupt government, not the right to walk around and shoot people.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    It seems that in families where gun ownership is considered normal, they tend to have a belief that nothing bad will happen as a result of a gun being in the house. They just don't make that mental association between "guns" and "bad things." Their mental associations tend to be "guns" and "protection," "safety," "my right," "hunting," or "fun at the shooting range."

You have to get into the thinking habits and beliefs of these people to understand why they make these decisions.
    Word to all this. Growing up we had antique rifles in the house that my dad displayed but never used, except the one time he shot one for me to impress upon me how powerful the weapon was and what it can do. I certainly never was of the mindset that a gun was necessary to live. I'm 45 and I've never needed a gun ever in my life. I have a shot in the shooting range and yeah that was fun, but I can take it or leave it.

The husband in this case was/is very into guns according to his social media, and he bragged about how his girls were good shooters. I suppose that he just didn't associate his wife's stints in psychiatric care with the need to remove her access to guns. That's kind of astounding to me but I am struggling to understand his mindset here and not judge.

The big problem is that when stuff like this goes down, pro-gun people tend to double down and spout the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" line and don't want to consider that some people just should not have access to guns. Unfortunately cases like this don't seem to make any impression upon them. And I don't predict Jason Sheats speaking out in favor of removing guns from the mentally ill anytime soon either, although he of all people should be the first.

Bottom line, with one petite woman against three other adults, no other weapon would have caused this level of tragedy.

I agree he won't speak up against fire arms being accessible to those with mental illness. One because Guns and two because he would have to take responsibility for keeping them in the house with her knowing she was a nut job. I do feel sorry for him for losing his children in such a tragic way, but it was preventable. One part of his long winded rant about Christy that made me think they probably fought over really stupid things was him bringing up how he had to work 2 jobs and she let him/made him. No one said they needed to live beyond their means for show. I just found that part silly.

I am not a big fan of his rant. I guess I wish he would have said something about mental illness destroying his family and left it at that. There was a lot of "I was a perfect father/husband/provider," and she was a terrible person. So, yeah... she was a terrible person to kill her daughters - and I am pretty sure she was a psychotic lunatic. But perhaps he should have stopped enabling her (lifestyle/behavior) at some point - and get himself and his kids out of there.

I get it. He is in the anger phase. So sad. Poor girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    This is only a guess, as I did not grow up with guns in the home, or know anyone who had even shot a gun, let alone owned one. It seems that in families where gun ownership is considered normal, they tend to have a belief that nothing bad will happen as a result of a gun being in the house. They just don't make that mental association between "guns" and "bad things." Their mental associations tend to be "guns" and "protection," "safety," "my right," "hunting," or "fun at the shooting range."

We see so many cases where troubled individuals, whether adults or teens, have access to guns in their own homes. And that doesn't include the people who don't even bother to lock their guns up, and then young kids shoot themselves or a family member with it.

There was the woman in Idaho who had her gun in her purse while in Walmart and her toddler took it out and shot her in the store.

The presence of a gun increases the chances of homicide and even more so completed suicide. For full disclosure - I own a gun, inherited from my grandfather. Living out in the country, I know how to use it and wouldn't hesitate if someone made it through my first line of home defense (2 big black labrador/pit mix dogs - who bark first then beg for belly scratches.) But I've never felt the need to carry a gun on my person. Just not that paranoid and I don't go looking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I have a good laugh when toddlers shoot their parents. I have a good cry when kids shoot their friends.

Shooting guns is sort of fun when you go to a range and rent one. I would never have one in my house.

People don't need to hunt because groceries.

Locks and bars on windows are pretty effective safety precautions.

You are more likely to die or kill someone you love with your own gun than ever having to use it on someone trying to harm you. True fact.

Debatable? The second amendment refers to the righ of militias to have guns to overthrow the corrupt government, not the right to walk around and shoot people.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Why people interpret the 2nd amendment in any other way is beyond me.
    BTW: We lock up ours unloaded guns in a cabinet with ammunition kept in a separate locked drawer. No visiting children in the picture, either.

Quote Originally Posted by maudlin View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree. Why people interpret the 2nd amendment in any other way is beyond me.
    BTW: We lock up ours unloaded guns in a cabinet with ammunition kept in a separate locked drawer. No visiting children in the picture, either.
    That's how it works here - people CAN have guns in Aus, but they have to be locked etc. Funny how we still have them, but our instances are so much smaller.

And word on the MH front - like I've always said, if I had easy access to a gun, I wouldn't be here - it's the least 'i'll fuck this up' possibility to me (given the right gun). Availability means access, access means action, and when the action is associated with something created to kill, well - it's all inevitable isn't it? (PS no one freak, i'm not suicidal, i'm just one of those 'we're all merely ants' thinkers)

This is a good article about the connection between domestic violence and murder -

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/12/an-a...o-easy-to-get/

In the Sheat's case, I believe Christy was the abuser (at least emotionally - not sure if she ever got physical with the girls or her husband)

Thread Information