Thread: Autistic boy Damion Alexander Davidson (8) was found dead after going missing from his home

Autistic boy Damion Alexander Davidson (8) was found dead after going missing from his home

Duncan police call in dive teams, OHP to assist in search for missing 8-year-old boy with autism

DUNCAN, Okla. Duncan police are continuing their search this morning for an 8-year-old boy with autism who went missing from his home early Sunday morning.

Damion Davidson was last seen by his parents in his bed sometime around 2 a.m., his aunt told KFOR.

"He is autistic. He cannot speak. With the terrific downpour of rain that they've had in Duncan and all the flooding down there, we're very concerned," Kathy Davidson, Damion's aunt, said.

The main concern is because he doesn't know how to swim.

"We've got everybody out looking for him, fire department, hundreds of people that are now out looking, you know, turning up trash cans looking in back, you know, just anywhere, because he's small," Kathy said.

Police have crews on foot and also dive teams in the water of Claridy Creek.

Police also have a drone flying over the area and have requested OHP to assist in the search.

Search crews found the boy's pants near a creek south of Bois D'arc Sunday night.

The police department is asking for everyone to review any surveillance videos that point near Highway 81 from Spruce to Bois D?Arc from the hours of 7:00 am to noon on Sunday.

The boy was spotted near 5th and Elder on Dollar General surveillance video around 6:47 a.m.

Another surveillance camera spotted the boy near 10th and Beech at a gas station around 7:27 a.m.

Two Duncan Power employees say they saw a boy playing in water puddles near 10th and Beech around 9 a.m.

Damion was last seen wearing Captain America pajamas and glasses.

If you see him, the family recommends you approach him from behind and call authorities.

Agencies currently assisting are:

Duncan Fire Department
    Stephens County Emergency Management Cert Team
    Stephens County Sheriff's Department
    Oklahoma Highway Patrol
    Oak Ridge Volunteer Fire Department
    Stephens County District Attorney's Office
    Office of Juvenile Affairs
    Comanche Police Department
    Lighthorse Police
    Empire Fire Department
    Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics

http://kfor.com/2016/06/13/duncan-po...y-with-autism/

Rescuers called back: Evidence will be analyzed for more specific search areas
    “We’ve covered every area that we wanted to cover. Now we’re looking for clues to see if we miss something” rescue team

More than 115 certified rescuers took to the water Friday to comb through the last 11 miles of terrain needed to complete the search for Damion Alexander Davidson well into day six.

“We got a little into Jefferson (Friday) and all the creek area,” said Stephens County Sheriff Wayne McKinney. “We utilized the searchers, drones, ATV’s, four wheelers and several dive teams. What we’re doing now is scaling back the big (searches). We can’t just continue beating our rescue workers up.”

Duncan Police Department Chief Danny Ford added: “We will continue to look at evidence,” he said. “We’re going to go back and talk to people and pull video we haven’t been able to look at. There’s many things left to do still.”

The search was spearheaded by the DPD within city limits and the Stephens County Sheriff’s Office in rural county areas and will continue at a smaller scale.

“We do have some areas with K-9 (Saturday) in spots that we have interest in,” said McKinney. “We still have investigators assigned on it and we will be following up on leads. We’re continuing to ask people to look around their properties and their neighborhoods. All through this thing (DPD) have been tremendous, working alongside with Chief Ford and all the deputies and officers is the reason why we were able to get it done (Friday).”

McKinney said anywhere from 600-1000 volunteers helped during the six day search.

“Thus far this search has involved 56 agencies and over 5,000 man hours,” stated a joint press release from DPD and SCSO. “The last day and a half our searchers covered 11 miles that expanded out in each direction. We were able to cover this much ground due to the overwhelming response from 117 searchers today and 60 yesterday.”

Every resource has been utilized to complete the search, Ford said the Coast Guard assisted them Friday with their water knowledge.

“We took that information and we made it available in the search process,” he said. “We’re taking all the wisdom from all the folks that do this a lot and incorporate it into our duty.

Ford and McKinney both wanted to thank the community for their help during these trying times and ask Duncanites to continue looking in their backyards and neighborhoods for Damion.

“The outpour and the support that we have seen in this community is overwhelming,” said McKinney. “I can’t remember when we had something this large, where the people come out to help. We have enough food (at the command center) to feed a small army. In essence, we had a small army looking for Damion. It makes me proud and happy to live in this county.”

Damion Alexander Davidson, an 8-year-old child who suffers from autism and is non-verbal went missing from his home Sunday morning during the storms.

Several GoFundMe accounts have been set up for the family, DPD officials stated official donations are taken at any First Bank and Trust location under the name of Damion Davidson Family Support Trust. For any information about donations call the bank at 580-255-1810.

http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/res...414238b30.html

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little guy.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Shit. Poor little guy had no idea how dangerous water can be. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Ow piss this one

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

My son has autism and these stories terrify me :(

Thread Information