Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse Nightclub Mass Shooting in Orlando, FL

A gunman armed with a bomb who opened fire at a gay nightclub and took hostages has been killed, police have confirmed.

The Pulse Club in Orlando told around the 100 revellers inside that 'everyone [should] get out of pulse and keep on running'.

Eyewitnesses described the gunman having a bomb strapped to himself when he started shooting at around 2.00 local time (7am GMT) today.

At around 6.00 local time (11am GMT) police said on Twitter: 'Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.' Officers described it as a 'mass shooting'.

One man who said he was inside the club posted that the shooting broke out around 2 a.m. and that he heard about 40 shots being fired

Police earlier carried out an controlled explosion at 5.15 local time (10.15am GMT today). but it is not yet clear whether that was linked with the gunman's death.

It was thought that at least one hostage had been locked in a bathroom with gunshot wounds.

Local TV reporter Stewart Moore said that more than 20 people had been shot with an assault rifle.

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

'I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,' Alamo said. 'The music stopped.'

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around, 2 a.m., just before closing time. 'Everybody was drinking their last sip,' he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth.

A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots.

'I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out,' he said. 'And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot.'

He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.

Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police.

He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: 'He's coming.'

'The next text said: `He has us, and he's in here with us,'' she said. 'That was the last conversation.'

Ricardo Almodovar was in the nightclub. He said: 'Shooter opened fire at around 2.00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran.

'I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well.' Juan Rivera said on Twitter: 'Never seen so many dead bodies on the floor, God is good that my friends and I didn't get shot'.

Anthony Torres heard people screaming that others in the nightclub were dead.

Rosie Feba was in the club with her girlfriend and described the moment the shooting happened to the Orlando Sentinal.

She said: 'Everyone was getting on the floor.I told her [girlfriend] I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun.'

A police dispatcher described the incident as an 'active shooting'. Officers are advising locals to stay away from the area.

He said: 'There are injuries. I am not sure if there are any deceased at this time.'

'Officers are going in to search the building and to get people out,' the dispatcher said.

The police department posted on their official Twitter account: 'Multiple injuries. Stay away from the area.'

Pulse nightclub said on its Facebook account: 'Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running.'

Dozens of officers and medics are at the scene including Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team.

Police have not given any further updates on the hostage situation or the gunman.

The shootings have taken place less than four miles away from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead by a guman at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday 22.45 local time (02.45am GMT Saturday).

The man, identified as 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl, of St Petersburg, Florida was armed with two handguns, ammunition and a hunting knife.

He later killed himself and his motive was unknown.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hostages.html

A newspaper reporter had to leave a message on social media for family/friends to QUIT blowing up their loved one's phone. The beeps or ringing were giving the shooter the location of where the people were hiding.

Can you just imagine? FUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Local news here is calling it domestic terrorist. I think it would be good to add it to the title, because that's exactly what it is. They are saying the shooting was to target gay people. I am sick of people thinking terrorists are only brown skinned people who are Islamic.
    This is what the daily is reporting now.

A suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun has killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay nightclub in Orlando.

The gunman was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire on the dance floor inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said authorities have not determined the exact number of people killed, but that 'approximately 20' have died. Another 42 people were taken to hospital.

An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He explained authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Police said the gunman, who was shot dead, was believed to be in his 20s was not a local man, while the FBI believe he may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism'.

I cannot link, but they we're saying the shooter was LAUGHING towards the end of it all.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    A newspaper reporter had to leave a message on social media for family/friends to QUIT blowing up their loved one's phone. The beeps or ringing were giving the shooter the location of where the people were hiding.

Can you just imagine? FUCK.
    Damn!

JUST IN: Orlando nightclub shooter identified as Omar Mateen, a U.S. citizen from Port St. Lucie, FL, law enforcement sources tell CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pulse-ni...inkId=25462203

Orlando mayor just said 50 dead

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    50 dead ~ just said at press conference.

This is just so fucked up.... and Port St Lucie is a ways from Orlando.. like 60 or 70 miles at least.... I don't think he randomly picked the club.
    He would have had a choice of them closer to home ....

Kathy was going to go to Seaworld today, but not sure now....

50 people dead? holy fuck. this is so incredibly sad. hooray for kevlar. ugh.

i checked kenya michaels fb, and she is ok. traumatized like the rest i'm sure. she is one of my favorites.

it's pride weekend here in dsm, like it is many places. i haven't been down since we have family in town, but there were more bible readers/religious posters at farmer's market yesterday than usual. ugh. i hate that pride always brings out the holy creeps.

Fucking hell, 50 people murdered! I can't believe what I'm reading.

I had to go offline for a few hrs & I've just come back to see this horrible fucking tally.

I expected bad, but not this bad. This is beyond fucked up

& FFS they need to start widely advertising a set of rules for concerned family & friends during active shooter situations

As in "under no circumstances call or text a person who may be in the vicinity ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wait for them to contact you"

Also, this was one very lucky fucking cop
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I had to go offline for a few hrs & I've just come back to see this horrible fucking tally.

I expected bad, but not this bad. This is beyond fucked up

& FFS they need to start widely advertising a set of rules for concerned family & friends during active shooter situations

As in "under no circumstances call or text a person who may be in the vicinity ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wait for them to contact you"

Also, this was one very lucky fucking cop
    Holy shit. On all fucking levels. Fifty fucking people???
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Just when you think it's gonna be another ordinary weekend, someone goes and fucks that shit all to hell. Several of my friends from high school live in the Orlando area, no internetz access for them...ugh. I can imagine what it's like, and what it was like as that shit was going down, but it is beyond disgusting that the death toll was so high. What a fucking asshole. Fifty people, out for a fun night, now dead, and for what?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Orlando blood centre lifts ban on blood donations from gay men

http://gawker.com/reports-orlando-bl...ati-1781837902

Picture of the shooter plus an interview with his dad

Washington Post article. Ex-wife says they met online and he beat her. Her parents had to intervene because of the abuse.

I've read too many articles there and can't read anymore until I subscribe, so I can't copy/paste anything.

https://t.co/VUX237ISHL

Here's another:

CONNECT THE DOTS06.12.16 11:13 AM ET
    Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI
    Mateen was a ?known quantity? to federal law enforcement before he killed 53 people in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Omar Mateen of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.

Mateen killed 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

?He?s a known quantity,? the source said. ?He?s been on the radar before.?

The senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that Mateen was born in New York and was married for a time to a woman from New Jersey.

That woman told the Washington Post that he repeatedly abused her during their marraige, which lasted from April 2009 to July 2011.

?He was not a stable person,? the ex-wife said. ?He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn?t finished or something like that.?

Mateen's parent are from Afghanistan but he was not very religious, she said, adding that he "seemed like a normal human being."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...do-killer.html
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 06-12-2016 at 08:51 AM.

You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

His father told NBC News: 'We were in Downtown Miami, Bayside, people were playing music. And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4BNt8Qmyh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Well, thank g@d he had a good reason ... and I sure hope his kids life will be better without him in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

He was on a watch list. He bought his gun legally last week.

Too bad that Republicans blocked a bill that would ban people on watch lists from legally acquiring weapons.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    God dammit, why? I just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

ISIS are now praising him. Some days I'm so ashamed to be a member of the human race

Donald Trump is pretty smug about it, too.

HOLD OFF ON CONGRATULATING HIM FOR THIS FUCKING TRAGEDY

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
    ‏@realDonaldTrump
    Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

Thread Information