Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse Nightclub Mass Shooting in Orlando, FL

Texas Lt Gov tweeted this. He claims this was a prescheduled tweet and not a reaction to the killings

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Te...at-8076147.php
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

I'm actually going to guess that a lot of GOP members aren't too broken up about it considering who the victims were.

Fundamental Islam and fundamental Christianity look a lot alike and share many of the same 'values' and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well, thank g@d he had a good reason ... and I sure hope his kids life will be better without him in it.
    Yeah...no. The FBI has had their sights on him for awhile now. He was armed to the teeth, and probably had protective gear on too. This crime didn't occur spur-of-the-moment because he was mad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm actually going to guess that a lot of GOP members aren't too broken up about it considering who the victims were.

Fundamental Islam and fundamental Christianity look a lot alike and share many of the same 'values' and beliefs.
    "How can we use this to sell more guns?" they're thinking. Followed by, 'If only it was a feminist convention.'

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    scary shit. And gun advocates are chomping at the bit to use this to overturn the California courts' decision to ban concealed weapons.

I want to know what the camouflage was for, though. Doesn't blend in the city, DEFINITELY doesn't blend at pride.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    scary shit. And gun advocates are chomping at the bit to use this to overturn the California courts' decision to ban concealed weapons.

I want to know what the camouflage was for, though. Doesn't blend in the city, DEFINITELY doesn't blend at pride.
    He's from Indiana and obviously not all there. I don't think it came to mind that he'd stick out like a sore thumb, but I'm glad that he did. Fucking nuts.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The Long, Tragic History of Violence at LGBTQ Bars and Clubs in America

The mass shooting at Orlando?s LGBT nightclub Pulse, which left at least 50 dead, is only the latest chapter in a long history of violence at LGBTQ bars and clubs in America. In fact, for as long as LGBTQ people have been congregating in their own social spaces, these spaces have been the target of vicious homophobic and transphobic violence.

Until the Pulse massacre, the most notorious act of violence against a gay bar was the burning of the UpStairs Lounge, a New Orleans gay bar, in 1973. An arsonist set fire to the bar, killing 32 people in less than 20 minutes. The vast majority of politicians declined to comment on the arson, and the Catholic Archbishop of New Orleans did not offer support to the victims. (The Archdiocese apologized for its silence in 2013.) Many news outlets ignored the story; some of those that did cover it mocked the victims for being gay. No one has ever been prosecuted for the crime. When asked about identifying the victims, the chief detective of the New Orleans Police Department responded, ?We don?t even know these papers belonged to the people we found them on. Some thieves hung out there, and you know this was a queer bar.?

In 1997, ?Olympic Park Bomber? Eric Robert Rudolph bombed the Otherside Lounge, a lesbian nightclub in Atlanta, later explaining that he believed ?the concerted effort to legitimize the practice of homosexuality? was an ?assault upon the integrity of American society.? He described homosexuality as ?an aberrant sexual behavior,? and wrote that ?when the attempt is made? to ?recognize this behavior as being just as legitimate and normal as the natural man/woman relationship, every effort should be made, including force if necessary, to halt this effort.? In his confession, Rudolph railed against the ?homosexual agenda,? including ?gay marriage, homosexual adoption, hate-crime laws including gays, or the attempt to introduce a homosexual normalizing curriculum into our schools.?

Three years later, Ronald Gay opened fire on Backstreet Cafe, a gay bar in Roanoke, Virginia, killing Danny Overstreet, 43, and severely injuring six others. Gay was angry that his last name could mean ?homosexual? and said God had told him to kill gay people. He called himself a ?Christian Soldier working for my Lord? and testified in court that he wished he could have ?killed more fags.? More recently, in 2013, Musab Mohammed Masmari set fire to Neighbours, a gay nightclub in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle, on New Year?s Eve.* Masmari had explained that he believed gay people ?should be exterminated.?

Of course, these attacks only punctuate the thousands of anti?LGBTQ hate crimes that occur in public?in schools and bathrooms and parks, on sidewalks and often in broad daylight?every year. Federal law did not explicitly criminalize anti?LGBTQ hate crimes until quite recently, as President George W. Bush had threatened to veto any legislation that outlawed hate crimes on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. With President Barack Obama?s support, the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act finally passed in 2009. It drew just five Republican votes in the Senate, and its fiercest opponent, Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, criticized his colleagues for merely caving to ?the political cause of the moment.?
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2..._clubs_in.html
    It's funny (funny not funny Haha) Trump and his cronies all want this to be Islamic terrorism rather than a hateful act against queer folks. I myself see it as an act by a loon who shouldn't have had access to guns but then I'm a bleeding heart libtard.
    Last edited by puzzld; 06-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    A newspaper reporter had to leave a message on social media for family/friends to QUIT blowing up their loved one's phone. The beeps or ringing were giving the shooter the location of where the people were hiding.

Can you just imagine? FUCK.

Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 06-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Last edited by puzzld; 06-12-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post

Seriously...that is some fucked up shit to think about. And then to get the knock on your door that no one ever expects? Heartbreaking.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post

Reminds me of the footage at ground zero when the towers fell - all you can hear are hundreds of those chirps from the packs of thefiremen who had been caught in the collapse
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

God. What a fucking nightmare

http://www.cityoforlando.net/blog/victims/

List of victims that will be updated as they are known

Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old

Stanley Almodovar III, 23 years old

Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old

Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old

Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old

Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old

Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old

Here are a bunch of fucking assholes: http://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geer...-club-shooter/ Really hope that most of those are troll accounts but with the way people are towards gay people still I think it's doubtful.
    Last edited by Amy1217; 06-12-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Here are a bunch of fucking assholes: http://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geer...-club-shooter/ Really hope that most of those are troll accounts but with the way people are towards gay people still I think it's doubtful.
    I had to stop reading it. I can't believe people like that exist.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Texas Lt Gov tweeted this. He claims this was a prescheduled tweet and not a reaction to the killings

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Te...at-8076147.php
    Wtf is a "prescheduled tweet?!" GODDAMMIT THIS ISN'T ABOUT POLITICS. IT'S ABOUT MASS MURDER.

Details revealed about some of the victims of deadly #Orlando shooting: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/orla...inkId=25470707

I still can't come up with the words to describe how devastated and horrified I am by this.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

http://www.nytimes.com/live/orlando-...ke-of-killing/

One of Mr. Mateen’s former co-workers said in an interview on Sunday that he had expressed concerns about the man’s demeanor when they both worked as security guards assigned to PGA Village, a resort in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

“He talked about killing people all the time,” the former co-worker, Daniel Gilroy, said.

According to Mr. Gilroy, who said that he had repeatedly complained to G4S, the security company that employed them, Mr. Mateen was a loud, profane presence who was prone to using racial, ethnic and sexual slurs.

Mr. Gilroy, a former police officer in Fort Pierce, described Mr. Mateen as a man who had “issues and just constant anger.”

“He was just agitated about everything, always shaken, always agitated, always mad,” said Mr. Gilroy, who said his relationship with Mr. Mateen became increasingly tense, with Mr. Mateen badgering him with text messages 20 or 30 times a day.

Mr. Gilroy, who joined G4S after a controversial career with the Fort Pierce police and later left the security firm under unhappy circumstances, said he could not provide names of any other co-workers who could support his account of Mr. Mateen’s behavior.

He expressed a measure of regret for not having pressed G4S to take more action.

“I kind of feel a little guilty that I didn’t fight harder,” Mr. Gilroy said. “If I didn’t walk away and I fought, then maybe 50 people would still be alive today.”

But he said he was not surprised to hear of what had happened in Orlando.

“I wasn’t shocked,” he said. “I saw it coming.”

Live
    Speaking with Mateen's childhood friend.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CN...inkId=25471465

Same ol' shit: Quiet kid. Played sports. Seemed a bit odd, but no specific warning signs.
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 06-12-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Thread Information