Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating...

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Him: What?! No way if it's just coffee. Have you seen the gas prices?!
    I mean, he has a point...a small one.

I never had to experience online dating and I'd rather be single than deal with all that crap, but I do enjoy reading about your experiences. It shows that most guys seriously have no clue how to talk to us. As long as you're happy single I won't even wish that you find someone one day...but I am on the DA thing, he seems interestingly funny. I'd say what could do wrong, but you know how that goes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    So here I am. Still single (happily) and wanting to share my most recent online dating app experience. Talking to a guy very briefly, few messages over the course of a few days. He lives about 2 hours from me so I asked if he was ever in my city that maybe we could have coffee.

His response: Hellz to the yeah I would come to (that city) for you. Beautiful and curvy!
    Me: Just to clarify, I mean have coffee for real. Cool?
    Him: What?! No way if it's just coffee. Have you seen the gas prices?!

Not fucking lying. What is happening?
    95% of guys I've dealt with on dating sites are clods like that

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I mean, he has a point...a small one.

I never had to experience online dating and I'd rather be single than deal with all that crap, but I do enjoy reading about your experiences. It shows that most guys seriously have no clue how to talk to us. As long as you're happy single I won't even wish that you find someone one day...but I am on the DA thing, he seems interestingly funny. I'd say what could do wrong, but you know how that goes lol
    I agree with all of this!

That's the problem with texting, it's hard to read tone. If he was joking, I gotta love his sense of humor; but if he was serious it's a Big Nope.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That's the problem with texting, it's hard to read tone. If he was joking, I gotta love his sense of humor; but if he was serious it's a Big Nope.
    You have a point there.

Is it possible that he was joking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    You have a point there.

Is it possible that he was joking?
    I'll never know. The comment got him blocked

I really didn't get the joking vibe though. Don't get me wrong, though...gas is expensive. But if you're willing to put it the time to get your dingle wet, you could at least fake that you want to spend time together first. Also, he just had to ask and I would have met him halfway.

It's all good. Onto the next adventure! Waiting for DA to slide all up in my DM's.

What a fucking asshole. Ugh. Im sorry you have to deal with these ass faces.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence but I'm not prepared for a long distance, online relationship. I've gotta assure y'all that the "man behind the mask" is a lot less interesting than his MDS persona.

I've also thought about giving some "same sex dating" a try. My history of dating women is terrible and as a result, my interest in women has waned as I've gotten older. Not that my interest in men is something to hoot about but there is someone at work whom I've hung out with, and he's shown interest. We have a lot in common. He hasn't hit on me but it's obvious there's something there. Honestly, it's flattering, and I have to admit that I am a little curious. Never been there, never tried but life is short...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence but I'm not prepared for a long distance, online relationship. I've gotta assure y'all that the "man behind the mask" is a lot less interesting than his MDS persona.

I've also thought about giving some "same sex dating" a try. My history of dating women is terrible and as a result, my interest in women has waned as I've gotten older. Not that my interest in men is something to hoot about but there is someone at work whom I've hung out with, and he's shown interest. We have a lot in common. He hasn't hit on me but it's obvious there's something there. Honestly, it's flattering, and I have to admit that I am a little curious. Never been there, never tried but life is short...
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....

Go for it, you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

DZ-you do what makes YOU happy! I wish you and Jenna both happiness in whatever you guys do in each of your dating lives!

I'm one of those people that believes that social pressures have programmed people to not be open to love in general. No matter where you find it. So what you think wouldn't be right, is actually right and you just never experienced it to find out either way.

DZ, I would explore it and see what you feel. Of course it's only fair to let him know that up front though. You don't want to hurt anyone in the process, but I think he'd understand as long as you're open and honest that you're exploring what might have been a psychological closed door for you. Some people just love everyone as long as it's love. There's no shame in that.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I'm one of those people that believes that social pressures have programmed people to not be open to love in general. No matter where you find it. So what you think wouldn't be right, is actually right and you just never experienced it to find out either way.

DZ, I would explore it and see what you feel. Of course it's only fair to let him know that up front though. You don't want to hurt anyone in the process, but I think he'd understand as long as you're open and honest that you're exploring what might have been a psychological closed door for you. Some people just love everyone as long as it's love. There's no shame in that.

In person dating regardless of your preferences is WAY better in my opinion. I hope you have some exciting new adventures DZ. They are few and far between these days.

No "dude date" yet because I'm kind of having a hard time wrapping my head around it. He's cool and understand so we both decided that if there's ever enough beer involved that we'll just go for it to see how things go. I recommended 'shrooms but he's not into them.

But, just so y'all understand, online dating for men sucks too. I've been pushing through it this last week and decided to respond more frequently to the trainwrecks who contact me.

Last Friday I met with a woman whom I had had good conversation with. She's VERY well off financially, PHD from Ive league college, owns a vineyard, several vacation homes including a villa in France. I fact checked her and she wasn't lying. I didn't meet her just because of these things but it did raise the "interest meter" a little. So, she was 15 minutes late showing up - strike one. She orders a $20 glass of wine (no biggie) and slugs it like a fat kid drinks a soda and orders another one - stgrike two. After her second glass she begins to focus on the baskeball game on TV- Duke vs VT (she went to Duke) - strike 2.5. After Duke loses she begins to endlessly complain about one of her daughter's friend's mom - UGH, strike three. The date ends and I go home. Tuesday I text her out of courtesy and she immediately goes right back into complaining about this woman. I'm pretty sure I could call her and she'd be right back at it.

This was the better of the two interactions this week.

The second one happened last night when a woman responded to my comment that she had a beautiful smile (She REALLY did. I fell in love with her picture.) She texts me and we chat. 2 minutes into it she tells me she's into dirty sex. I pass off the comment as if I didn't hear it because I really didn't want to go there. We chit chat back and forth. There's nothing there. She has no interest in my interests. She tells me she does yoga, drinks white wine, paints water colors and has a yellow lab named "Marley." I'm thinking how cliche for a middle aged white woman. Then she starts poking me and asking some questions that are pretty shallow, like; am I losing my hair, how are my teeth, etc... I'm quickly losing interest but I'm playing along. I tell her I sometimes eat 'shrooms and go hiking in the woods. She does not like that idea and gets more aggressive. We realize we live near each other and she wants me to come over and rub her feet while I read her Shakespeare. I'm like WTF? The she tells me she likes to be peed on. So, I think she's really fucking with me and tell her that she needed to tell me that 10 minutes earlier because I already peed for the night. She says she wants to go to Paris. I told her I didn't have a passport and she says we're not a match because she really wants to go to Paris. I respond with, "I don't know you. I'm not coming over to your house to pee on you now so I don't know what makes you think I'm flying to Paris to pee on you over there." She tells me she's tired and is going to bed. I tell her goodnight and block her from my Match account...

I know roughly where she lives and am half tempted to go find her and pee on her as she's leaving for work... pretty sure I won't be going to Paris afterwards.

My sil is engaged to a man she has been dating for three weeks. No, they hadn't known each other for a while before they started dating. She literally met him on some dating site (three weeks ago) and is now engaged.
    This will be her third marriage.

No "dude date" yet because I'm kind of having a hard time wrapping my head around it. He's cool and understand so we both decided that if there's ever enough beer involved that we'll just go for it to see how things go. I recommended 'shrooms but he's not into them.

But, just so y'all understand, online dating for men sucks too. I've been pushing through it this last week and decided to respond more frequently to the trainwrecks who contact me.

Last Friday I met with a woman whom I had had good conversation with. She's VERY well off financially, PHD from Ive league college, owns a vineyard, several vacation homes including a villa in France. I fact checked her and she wasn't lying. I didn't meet her just because of these things but it did raise the "interest meter" a little. So, she was 15 minutes late showing up - strike one. She orders a $20 glass of wine (no biggie) and slugs it like a fat kid drinks a soda and orders another one - stgrike two. After her second glass she begins to focus on the baskeball game on TV- Duke vs VT (she went to Duke) - strike 2.5. After Duke loses she begins to endlessly complain about one of her daughter's friend's mom - UGH, strike three. The date ends and I go home. Tuesday I text her out of courtesy and she immediately goes right back into complaining about this woman. I'm pretty sure I could call her and she'd be right back at it.

The second one happened last night when a woman responded to my comment that she had a beautiful smile (She REALLY did. I fell in love with her picture.) She texts me and we chat. 2 minutes into it she tells me she's into dirty sex. I pass off the comment as if I didn't hear it because I really didn't want to go there. We chit chat back and forth. There's nothing there. She has no interest in my interests. She tells me she does yoga, drinks white wine, paints water colors and has a yellow lab named "Marley." I'm thinking how cliche for a middle aged white woman. Then she starts poking me and asking some questions that are pretty shallow, like; am I losing my hair, how are my teeth, etc... I'm quickly losing interest but I'm playing along. I tell her I sometimes eat 'shrooms and go hiking in the woods. She does not like that idea and gets more aggressive. We realize we live near each other and she wants me to come over and rub her feet while I read her Shakespeare. I'm like WTF? The she tells me she likes to be peed on. So, I think she's really fucking with me and tell her that she needed to tell me that 10 minutes earlier because I already peed for the night. She says she wants to go to Paris. I told her I didn't have a passport and she says we're not a match because she really wants to go to Paris. I respond with, "I don't know you. I'm not coming over to your house to pee on you now so I don't know what makes you think I'm flying to Paris to pee on you over there." She tells me she's tired and is going to bed. I tell her goodnight and block her from my Match account...

I know roughly where she lives and am half tempted to go find her and pee on her as she's leaving for work... pretty sure I won't be going to Paris afterwards
    OMG that is great!

I'm sorry online dating sucks so much. If I am ever single again I will be single forever. I'm not up for this shit.

I know roughly where she lives and am half tempted to go find her and pee on her as she's leaving for work... pretty sure I won't be going to Paris afterwards.
    Dude. Seriously. I'd pay you real money to pee a message somewhere on her home/car/snow (if any) anywhere on her property where it would show up: "Are your teeth white?"

ETA: If you didn't hydrate enough, I'd settle for "Shakespeare".
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-16-2022 at 07:11 PM.

So, I think she's really fucking with me and tell her that she needed to tell me that 10 minutes earlier because I already peed for the night. She says she wants to go to Paris. I told her I didn't have a passport and she says we're not a match because she really wants to go to Paris. I respond with, "I don't know you. I'm not coming over to your house to pee on you now so I don't know what makes you think I'm flying to Paris to pee on you over there."

I don't care what you say, you're amazing.

I'm also extremely glad for this thread. It makes me try harder when my husband is being a pain in my butt (which he's been pushing things too far lately -_-) because there's no way I could handle this kind of crap, and I'm too much of a child to be alone and need someone to tell me that I'm being moody because I need to eat...while bringing me food lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Yeah, she is an asshole. Only assholes go to or support Duke (AKA Puke).

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Yeah, she is an asshole. Only assholes go to or support Duke (AKA Puke).
    Can't rep you but this cracked me up!

Decided to "Hello" every single person who "likes" my profile. I've been honest with each response by letting them know that I am just looking right now and am not wanting to be engaged at the end of the date and "No, you're not moving in." I'm letting them know that I'd prefer to meet somewhere rather than endlessly text. Got some zingers but nothing really worth mentioning here other than one conversation that went great until she ended with "Will you masturbate tonight while you think about me?" WTF is wrong with people?

Decided to "Hello" every single person who "likes" my profile. I've been honest with each response by letting them know that I am just looking right now and am not wanting to be engaged at the end of the date and "No, you're not moving in." I'm letting them know that I'd prefer to meet somewhere rather than endlessly text. Got some zingers but nothing really worth mentioning here other than one conversation that went great until she ended with "Will you masturbate tonight while you think about me?" WTF is wrong with people?
    Okay. Online dating is scary and crazy and I'm convinced only attracts either trolls or psychos.

Now that things have chilled out a bit with Covid, I'm going to give you ideas on how to maybe meet people organically. I say meet them, because that's how you need to approach it. Not with the intention of finding anyone to date, just to be more social. Because when you do anything, even as innocent as going to the library, with the sole intention of finding someone to date.... You give off that energy. It's not anything that anyone can control, it's just a thing.

Here is a list of places/activities that will put you in a situation where you'll likely meet quality FRIENDS. Where you aren't trying to find dating possibiluties, but will make you an easier target for something like that to maybe develop naturally:

1. Find a local hiking group, like the Sierra Club and take a few hikes with them. I found this amazing when I was younger and didn't actually walk for a living and with now the thought of walking more "for fun" makes me want to lick the floor of a peep show rather than do it. I don't know where you ate, but in L.A. they had different levels of how much intensity you wanted to do. The lower levels were more of a nature walk just for fun. They mainly had night hikes that were awesome.

2. Check to see if there is a local gardening group near you. Even if you're not in to that kind of thing, you might catch the bug and at least you'll have fresh tomatoes you can brag about at the end of the day.

3. Take a Salsa dance class. Even if you have two left feet, that's why you're there. To learn! It's a great skill, lots of fun, exercise that you don't really feel like you're doing and you'll get paired with women to dance with. Sometimes not knowing what you're doing is endearing to your partner and maybe they don't either and will commiserate with you. Lots of local community colleges offer classes for next to nothing.

4. Join a book club. Not really for you if you don't like reading, but you read all of our bullshit so we know that you are good at it.

5. Check local community events like "Concerts in the Park" or a Farmer's Market ". It's just fun to do and you will find all kinds of people there.

6. Take a cooking class. (see Salsa class above).

I can tell that you're a good dude so even if you're socially awkward, doing stuff like this will open you up a bit and maybe make you more comfortable around others. I'm not saying that you are, but just in case it works either way.

Double.

But I'll take the opportunity to mention that even if you find someone for you, still do the online dating thing for fun because we love the stories in here
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-24-2022 at 05:15 PM.

Okay. Online dating is scary and crazy and I'm convinced only attracts either trolls or psychos.

Now that things have chilled out a bit with Covid, I'm going to give you ideas on how to maybe meet people organically. I say meet them, because that's how you need to approach it. Not with the intention of finding anyone to date, just to be more social. Because when you do anything, even as innocent as going to the library, with the sole intention of finding someone to date.... You give off that energy. It's not anything that anyone can control, it's just a thing.

Here is a list of places/activities that will put you in a situation where you'll likely meet quality FRIENDS. Where you aren't trying to find dating possibiluties, but will make you an easier target for something like that to maybe develop naturally:

1. Find a local hiking group, like the Sierra Club and take a few hikes with them. I found this amazing when I was younger and didn't actually walk for a living and with now the thought of walking more "for fun" makes me want to lick the floor of a peep show rather than do it. I don't know where you ate, but in L.A. they had different levels of how much intensity you wanted to do. The lower levels were more of a nature walk just for fun. They mainly had night hikes that were awesome.

2. Check to see if there is a local gardening group near you. Even if you're not in to that kind of thing, you might catch the bug and at least you'll have fresh tomatoes you can brag about at the end of the day.

3. Take a Salsa dance class. Even if you have two left feet, that's why you're there. To learn! It's a great skill, lots of fun, exercise that you don't really feel like you're doing and you'll get paired with women to dance with. Sometimes not knowing what you're doing is endearing to your partner and maybe they don't either and will commiserate with you. Lots of local community colleges offer classes for next to nothing.

4. Join a book club. Not really for you if you don't like reading, but you read all of our bullshit so we know that you are good at it.

5. Check local community events like "Concerts in the Park" or a Farmer's Market ". It's just fun to do and you will find all kinds of people there.

6. Take a cooking class. (see Salsa class above).

I can tell that you're a good dude so even if you're socially awkward, doing stuff like this will open you up a bit and maybe make you more comfortable around others. I'm not saying that you are, but just in case it works either way.
    If you have a dog, take it to a class! Lots of single women looking for a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information