I was texting with someone for about a week. The conversation was cordial and pleasant as we learned about each other. She's a bit older which didn't bother me but she seemed ellusive when the conversation got deeper (nothing sexual). I then asked her, "What she wanted to do when she grew up?" She got what I meant, "when her kids are self sustaining." She responded and then asked what I wanted to do. I told her I'd like to buy an old Victorian house, restore it and eventually retire there. I have a town that I've been watching and waiting for the right house to pop up. It's about 80 miles away, on the bay and still VERY inexpensive. The current house I like is $59K and "weekend liveable" as it's being restored. I figured that I could get the mortgage to about $250-$300 a month which is less than a car payment. She took complete offense to my idea and responded, "It's really far away from your kids but you can do whatever you want; you're an adult." That seemed kind of aggressive for a response from someone I've only been communicating with for a week so I replied, "It's good I have your permission." Then she got even more snotty and started questioning me on all sorts of things from financial status to job security and family. I thought this seemed shitty and backed off without responding. She sent me one more message asking me why I stopped communicating. I haven't responded and don't feel I should feel obligated to... What'cha all think?