Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating...

Quote Originally Posted by hookupfinder View Post
    It's ideal to meet on the web, since you would first be able to become more acquainted with an individual well and will meet after that. It won't occur that you please a date and think how to leave as quickly as time permits. You don't need to burn through cash on a caf? or a film. It's a lot simpler, quicker. Register on the gay hookup sites at the present time! Discover somebody you have a positive outlook on in any circumstance, regardless of whether you don't need a sentimental relationship presently.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Damn, the bots are getting to be more sneaky by typing a bunch of stuff instead of just posting a link.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ok here is the most recent adventure into online dating: talked to this guy a few times and appreciated that he offered up his facebook page and last name before we met. Said he has two daughters so he understands the safety aspect of meeting someone new. Cool cool. I cancelled the first date, and the second one (thanks, anxiety) but he was patient and eager to meet so we made a plan to meet for a drink at a local bar/restaurant. It was so good! We talked and talked and he shared some stuff and was really interested in what I do for a living (sexual assault trauma counsellor). He wanted to learn more about things like sexual harassment and did not understand the power dynamics involved with sexualized violence. We debated. We disagreed respectfully. And we laughed. So awesome, right?!

Then he told me his only problem is how much he likes to go down on women and that he is obsessed with sex and would do me morning and night with long periods of time between my legs. LIKE WTF just happened?! I'm like...is this normally what you share on a first date? He said no, but I feel so comfortable with you.

If you could block someone in person, I did it last night. Shrug. Onto the next adventure.

Wow Jenna, just wow. I don't even know what to say. That's like all kinds of inappropriate considering what you do, it was your first date, and just because....

Are most of the people you meet just not a good match, or are they creepy like that? I've never online dated, I got married young back in the 90's so it wasn't a thing then, but I have always been curious about it and how different from regular dating it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Ok here is the most recent adventure into online dating: talked to this guy a few times and appreciated that he offered up his facebook page and last name before we met. Said he has two daughters so he understands the safety aspect of meeting someone new. Cool cool. I cancelled the first date, and the second one (thanks, anxiety) but he was patient and eager to meet so we made a plan to meet for a drink at a local bar/restaurant. It was so good! We talked and talked and he shared some stuff and was really interested in what I do for a living (sexual assault trauma counsellor). He wanted to learn more about things like sexual harassment and did not understand the power dynamics involved with sexualized violence. We debated. We disagreed respectfully. And we laughed. So awesome, right?!

Then he told me his only problem is how much he likes to go down on women and that he is obsessed with sex and would do me morning and night with long periods of time between my legs. LIKE WTF just happened?! I'm like...is this normally what you share on a first date? He said no, but I feel so comfortable with you.

If you could block someone in person, I did it last night. Shrug. Onto the next adventure.
    Okay this first part sounded great but I was lost after that lol.

But yeah, not okay to say on a first date. Maybe he drank a little too much and that's not something he normally would've said if he were sober?

I dunno, I've been out of the dating scene for 15 years so I am kinda clueless. I also, the first night I ever met my husband, took him home with me (no sex, just slept in the same bed) so maybe I have no room to talk about what is appropriate

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ok here is another: chatted with someone and made a plan to meet the next night. I actually know (of) this person, we both play the same sport and know some of the same people, so not a total stranger. The next day as per usual, I ask for a raincheck, (anxiety sucks) and maybe we could hang out the next weekend. He's like, nah...it's ok. Cheers.

Yep. That was a short adventure.

ETA: I got a message last night. He apologized for his behaviour. Said he was not in a good place and took it out on me. Not sure how to respond.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm so glad that I don't do online dating anymore. I tried it back before I was married and even speed dating, but it never sit well with me. Also, it was a rude awakening when I moved to LA and figured out that it was "normal" to go right for it on a first date. Not just for hooking up, but even when you're looking for a relationship. I'd be scared to be on the dating scene these days. It seems very aggressive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Is that person a bot? Cuz I totally just responded to them in another thread, thinking they were legit.

My husband was catfished 3 times

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ok here is another: chatted with someone and made a plan to meet the next night. I actually know (of) this person, we both play the same sport and know some of the same people, so not a total stranger. The next day as per usual, I ask for a raincheck, (anxiety sucks) and maybe we could hang out the next weekend. He's like, nah...it's ok. Cheers.

Yep. That was a short adventure.

ETA: I got a message last night. He apologized for his behaviour. Said he was not in a good place and took it out on me. Not sure how to respond.
    If you like him it might be worth giving him another chance, maybe he was just having his own anxiety about something. If you're not that into him I would move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm so glad that I don't do online dating anymore. I tried it back before I was married and even speed dating, but it never sit well with me. Also, it was a rude awakening when I moved to LA and figured out that it was "normal" to go right for it on a first date. Not just for hooking up, but even when you're looking for a relationship. I'd be scared to be on the dating scene these days. It seems very aggressive to me.
    I feel the same about it all. The whole dating scene seems very aggressive in general to me.

Is that person a bot? Cuz I totally just responded to them in another thread, thinking they were legit.
    I think they're a real person but I think they are a spammer, so I banned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My husband was catfished 3 times
    Go on............

I was catfished recently but they finally gave up on me. It was a relatively smart catfish because they sent videos and such but still fake as fuck. US military (posted in Canada apparently for 3 years and needed money to get back to son in the US) We had been chatting almost a week when this came up. He didn't actually ask for money but wanted to talk on the phone. I said sorry I can't talk on the phone, I have an adult son with special needs and no privacy. Radio silence. Since then I have seen no less than 3 other profiles with his pics and different names/occupations.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I was catfished recently but they finally gave up on me. It was a relatively smart catfish because they sent videos and such but still fake as fuck. US military (posted in Canada apparently for 3 years and needed money to get back to son in the US) We had been chatting almost a week when this came up. He didn't actually ask for money but wanted to talk on the phone. I said sorry I can't talk on the phone, I have an adult son with special needs and no privacy. Radio silence. Since then I have seen no less than 3 other profiles with his pics and different names/occupations.
    I'm convinced that everything is a scam these days. It's sad that you can't trust anything or anyone anymore.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I swear, men can be soooooo clueless sometimes. And I can almost guarantee he has NO idea what went wrong! You should be honored that he wants to spend hours between your legs. Ouch, I can't stop banging my head against this wall.

My friend found herself single after a 20 year relationship went south and went on a date with a high school friend she always had a crush on. The date was perfect and she called me afterward absolutely glowing. An hour later she called me again. She had just gotten a text message from DreamBoy:

"I had a great time tonight and can't wait to get together again. Thought you'd like to know, I came home and rubbed one out while thinking of how beautiful you looked."

Thought you'd like to know..... rubbed one out.... Yeah DreamBoy, I was hoping you'd say something like that.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I swear, men can be soooooo clueless sometimes. And I can almost guarantee he has NO idea what went wrong! You should be honored that he wants to spend hours between your legs. Ouch, I can't stop banging my head against this wall.

My friend found herself single after a 20 year relationship went south and went on a date with a high school friend she always had a crush on. The date was perfect and she called me afterward absolutely glowing. An hour later she called me again. She had just gotten a text message from DreamBoy:

"I had a great time tonight and can't wait to get together again. Thought you'd like to know, I came home and rubbed one out while thinking of how beautiful you looked."

Thought you'd like to know..... rubbed one out.... Yeah DreamBoy, I was hoping you'd say something like that.
    Omg. That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Ugh. And don't get me wrong! I'm completely comfortable with raunchy dirty talk. Just not before some kind of intimacy first ffs. Romance me dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

He should've stopped after the first sentence. What the hell is wrong with people?? I bet he was so confused as to why she wouldn't go out with him again lol.

This thread is where I've come to see what my competition is like, now that I'm single again. Judging by the last few posts, there's not much reason for concern.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

I never did the online dating thing, but I did do some heavy flirting on Myspace.

So I went on a date with someone I met online. We had chatted about a week. He had a solid job he had been doing for many years. Seemed to be involved dad of two kids, and did not get all sexy talk too soon. Added bonus: the bearded, tatted, dad bod type that I love :)

Date one was great. Met at a park. Went a drive. Talked and talked and talked. He was vulnerable and funny and I was my awkward self and he didn't take off.

We each agreed that we wouldn't be seeing other people while we were talking to each other so both removed profiles to see how things went. We live two hours from each other..

The next day I got a message that his pay didn't come in and he needed $40. Then he said if he was coming for new years he needed to know the sleeping arrangements because he wasn't going to stay over if we were going to be in separate beds. He said it's cool if you want to take it slow, but blue balls are a real thing.

So there will be no date two. And then he got ragey. I don't deal well with anger. Dodged a bullet there.

I guess what annoys me is that it's not easy for me to put myself out there, literally and figuratively. I am a single parent of an adult son with a developmental disability so he has to go stay with someone if I am going out at night.

I work two jobs, one full time, one part time and I take care of my home stuff too. I am so fucking tired all the time but when I meet someone who makes me laugh, I want to put in the effort. So I fight off the anxiety and self doubt and I do things out of my comfort zone. Don't fucking ask me for money or try to make me feel guilty about blue balls. Just be a decent fucking human and I would be happy!!

Anyhew, that's my rant. Back to the cesspool of online I go for my next adventure.

So I went on a date with someone I met online. We had chatted about a week. He had a solid job he had been doing for many years. Seemed to be involved dad of two kids, and did not get all sexy talk too soon. Added bonus: the bearded, tatted, dad bod type that I love :)

Date one was great. Met at a park. Went a drive. Talked and talked and talked. He was vulnerable and funny and I was my awkward self and he didn't take off.

We each agreed that we wouldn't be seeing other people while we were talking to each other so both removed profiles to see how things went. We live two hours from each other..

The next day I got a message that his pay didn't come in and he needed $40. Then he said if he was coming for new years he needed to know the sleeping arrangements because he wasn't going to stay over if we were going to be in separate beds. He said it's cool if you want to take it slow, but blue balls are a real thing.

So there will be no date two. And then he got ragey. I don't deal well with anger. Dodged a bullet there.

I guess what annoys me is that it's not easy for me to put myself out there, literally and figuratively. I am a single parent of an adult son with a developmental disability so he has to go stay with someone if I am going out at night.

I work two jobs, one full time, one part time and I take care of my home stuff too. I am so fucking tired all the time but when I meet someone who makes me laugh, I want to put in the effort. So I fight off the anxiety and self doubt and I do things out of my comfort zone. Don't fucking ask me for money or try to make me feel guilty about blue balls. Just be a decent fucking human and I would be happy!!

Anyhew, that's my rant. Back to the cesspool of online I go for my next adventure.
    Im sorry Jenna. Im sorry you wasted your time on that loser. Sounds like he hid his true self during the first date. I cant believe he would make that comment about the sleeping arrangements and blue balls, so rude.

What did he say when he was all ragey? When I did eharmoney I would only communicate with people during the "free communication weekends" and I would get mean ass messages from people I was "ignoring".

Anyways Im sorry

This is exactly how I imagine online dating to be nowadays, nothing but people looking for hookups or people playing games. I am sorry that you are dealing with that...wish you could meet someone truly nice and have a real connection!

Jenna do you mind if I ask what dating site you are using?

I use facebook dating currently but have tried many. Match.com, Bumble, POF...

I really feel like my "person" probably isn't on online dating but what the hell eh? I do my best to screen weirdos and give people chances but the chemistry often isn't there. Or they are horse shit So I try for a while then give up for a year or two, then do it all over again.

I am lucky to have a full, happy life :) If it happens, that's great. If it doesn't, that's why God invented masturbation. God did that, right?

Online dating is the mfing worst. I've had some truly awful experiences, both in-person and online

I really feel like my "person" probably isn't on online dating but what the hell eh? I do my best to screen weirdos and give people chances but the chemistry often isn't there. Or they are horse shit So I try for a while then give up for a year or two, then do it all over again.

I am lucky to have a full, happy life :) If it happens, that's great. If it doesn't, that's why God invented masturbation. God did that, right?
    OMG I am glad I didn't take a drink of my Redbull before I read that! I can't stop laughing.

I didnt know facebook had dating. I havent heard of Bumble either.

I like your attitude towards the whole situation, dont let it get you down!

Thread Information