Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Author Helen Bailey (51) was murdered by her partner Ian Stewart (55) and he dumped her body in their septic tank

Looking at her FB you can tell she really loved her dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    She was found in the septic tank.
    Keeps getting worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd.

Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Shit.
    Cant tell if that's a terrible brilliant pun or not...

If this was planned out of financial greed rather than a sudden dv incident, I wonder how far back he planned it? As in did he initially approach her with this in mind all along?

I'm basing this on nothing other than his fake, manipulative look. & he may not look that way to anyone else, but he does to me.

I hate this one.

Im curious to learn how his first wife died

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Im curious to learn how his first wife died
    "The couple met through a Facebook bereavement group in 2011, which Mr Stewart joined after his wife Diane died following an epileptic fit in their garden in 2010.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4VPwa8ecq
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

If you think about it, putting remains in a septic tank would go largely unnoticed I would believe.
    The smell would hardly be obvious.

Poor woman. She didn't deserve this.

Rip

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    If you think about it, putting remains in a septic tank would go largely unnoticed I would believe.
    The smell would hardly be obvious.

Poor woman. She didn't deserve this.

Rip
    I think he very nearly got away with it. He'd parked Helen's car over the manhole cover to the cess pit. The police only found her when, three weeks after she disappeared, they moved her car and noticed the manhole. They looked inside and saw her arm sticking out.

I find it really sad that apparently her computer search history showed that she was googling things for their wedding whilst he was drugging her and planning her death. So awful.

RIP Helen

And there is a book out there talking about him being a hero for helping pull her out of her depression. Cool title of the book, by the way. Some people have all the clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I know spouses are out here killing their spouses all the time, but this one feels just extra despicable to me, because she thought he was helping her through her grief and making her life worth living again, while he was probably actually planning to kill her and take her money the entire time. I hope this guy suffers.

I wonder if it was really an epileptic fit...I wna know how often she had seizures and if she actually died from a seizure or from blunt force trauma that the husband explained away as a seizure

Thanks for the info btw!

The local news here last night showed the coroner. He said that he can't be sure that she was dead when she was put in to the cess pit. I really hope that she was.

I'd find a link but I'm sick and lazy

Children’s author Helen Bailey could have still been alive when she was dumped in a cesspit in the grounds of her home, a court has heard.

The 51-year-old’s body was found next to her dachshund Boris submerged in “human excrement” deep below her property in Royston, Hertfordshire, in July 2016, jurors at St Albans crown court were told.

Her 56-year-old fiance, Ian Stewart, a former software engineer, denies drugging and killing Bailey before dumping her body in the septic tank of the house they shared.

Bailey, author of more than 20 books, went missing with her dog in April. Stewart took part in a media campaign which attempted to locate her, but he was arrested on 11 July and her body was found in a septic tank in the grounds of the couple’s home on four days later.

Home Office pathologist Dr Nat Cary told the court Bailey could have been killed by a “subtle” method of suffocation as there were no obvious signs of physical injury.

She could have been put in a martial arts neck lock while drugged and then suffocated, he said.

Pressed on cross-examination by the defence counsel, Simon Russell Flint QC, Cary said this was only speculation.

A postmortem on Bailey’s body – which had been in the cesspit for three months – could not determine the cause of death, but Cary said if she had been in a sedated state she could have been killed without necessarily displaying signs of harm.

“Even the most meek and mild person would not put up with being smothered when they are awake,” he said.

Advertisement

He also agreed it was possible the author could have still been alive, albeit sedated, when she was put in the septic tank.

“I am not (sure) but, on the basis of the case as a whole, it is my opinion that not only was she concealed by a third party but it seems likely she died at the hands of the third party by some means,” Cary said.

“In my view it’s unlikely that natural diseases played any part here. Natural disease won’t cause you to end up in a cesspit.”

The sleep medication Zopiclone,which had been prescribed to Stewart, was found in Bailey’s system. Hair analysis suggested it had been in her system for several months, including at the time of her death, the court heard.

Toxicologist Dr Mark Piper said hair analysis of the victim suggested the drug was “ingested on more than one occasion”.

Traces were found in the victim’s hair, chest cavity fluid, liver and thigh muscle. But due to the amount of time between Bailey’s disappearance in April and the discovery of her body in July, it was difficult to determine how much was in her system when she was killed, he said.

The defendant’s GP, Dr Afshan Khan, said she had prescribed Zopiclone to Stewart on 25 January.

Khan described Zopiclone as “very mild” but could only be considered a safe drug when used by the patient to whom it was prescribed.

On Tuesday the court heard the killing had “money as its driving motive”, with Stewart in line to be a “substantial” benefactor of the author’s ?4m fortune in the event of her death.

The defendant denies charges of murder, preventing a lawful burial, fraud and three counts of perverting the cause of justice.

The trial continues.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rt-court-trial

THE fiance of a famous British children?s author has been convicted of killing her and dumping her body in a cesspool in a financially motivated murder.

A jury at St Albans Crown Court, north of London, on Wednesday found Ian Stewart guilty of murder, fraud, perverting the course of justice and preventing a lawful burial. He will be sentenced on Thursday.

Police said after the verdict that they would re-examine the 2010 death of Stewart?s first wife. At the time it was ruled to be unexpected but from natural causes.

The body of 51-year-old Bailey was found in July in a cesspool under the garage of the home she shared with Stewart, 56, alongside the body of her miniature dachshund Boris after an Australian woman intervened in the police search.

Perth mother-of-three Nicki McGrath was visiting her mother, who lived next door to the author, when they suggested to police they look in the cesspool.

?We told them the last person who lived there used to joke that he had this ideal place to dump a body,? Mrs McGrath said at the time.

Stewart had reported Bailey missing three months earlier. Bailey created the Electra Brown and Daisy Davenport series of novels for teenagers, and wrote a blog called Planet Grief after her husband of 22 years drowned during a Caribbean holiday in 2011.

She later met Stewart through a Facebook group for bereaved people. They began a relationship, and he became the chief heir to Bailey?s fortune and gained power of attorney over her affairs.

The Sun released a video on its website showing the moment Stewart was arrested. He is wearing only his dressing gown as the police swooped in a dawn raid. He can be heard saying ?you?re joking? and asking ?bloody hell, why?? and ?where is she?? after police informed him they had obtained a search warrant for the home.

Prosecutors said Stewart drugged Bailey over many weeks with his prescription anti-insomnia drug, possibly by slipping it into her morning scrambled eggs. She grew alarmed by her deteriorating state of mind, searching online for terms such as ?can?t stop falling asleep? and expressing concern to loved ones.

Prosecutors said Stewart likely smothered Bailey with a pillow when she was sedated to gain her 3.3 million pounds ($5.3 million) estate.

Charles White of the Crown Prosecution Service said Stewart ?murdered Helen Bailey and then conducted a cynical, deceitful and calculated charade as he watched the police conduct a futile missing person investigation?.

http://www.news.com.au/world/fiance-...f04a2a5c2a8da6

THE fiance of a famous British children?s author has been convicted of killing her and dumping her body in a cesspool in a financially motivated murder.

A jury at St Albans Crown Court, north of London, on Wednesday found Ian Stewart guilty of murder, fraud, perverting the course of justice and preventing a lawful burial. He will be sentenced on Thursday.

Police said after the verdict that they would re-examine the 2010 death of Stewart?s first wife. At the time it was ruled to be unexpected but from natural causes.

The body of 51-year-old Bailey was found in July in a cesspool under the garage of the home she shared with Stewart, 56, alongside the body of her miniature dachshund Boris after an Australian woman intervened in the police search.

Perth mother-of-three Nicki McGrath was visiting her mother, who lived next door to the author, when they suggested to police they look in the cesspool.

?We told them the last person who lived there used to joke that he had this ideal place to dump a body,? Mrs McGrath said at the time.

Stewart had reported Bailey missing three months earlier. Bailey created the Electra Brown and Daisy Davenport series of novels for teenagers, and wrote a blog called Planet Grief after her husband of 22 years drowned during a Caribbean holiday in 2011.

She later met Stewart through a Facebook group for bereaved people. They began a relationship, and he became the chief heir to Bailey?s fortune and gained power of attorney over her affairs.

The Sun released a video on its website showing the moment Stewart was arrested. He is wearing only his dressing gown as the police swooped in a dawn raid. He can be heard saying ?you?re joking? and asking ?bloody hell, why?? and ?where is she?? after police informed him they had obtained a search warrant for the home.

Prosecutors said Stewart drugged Bailey over many weeks with his prescription anti-insomnia drug, possibly by slipping it into her morning scrambled eggs. She grew alarmed by her deteriorating state of mind, searching online for terms such as ?can?t stop falling asleep? and expressing concern to loved ones.

Prosecutors said Stewart likely smothered Bailey with a pillow when she was sedated to gain her 3.3 million pounds ($5.3 million) estate.

Charles White of the Crown Prosecution Service said Stewart ?murdered Helen Bailey and then conducted a cynical, deceitful and calculated charade as he watched the police conduct a futile missing person investigation?.

http://www.news.com.au/world/fiance-...f04a2a5c2a8da6

Good. Disgusting human.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    Good. He'll die in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good. He'll die in prison.
    Hopefully. This is the UK so he probably wouldn't serve anywhere near 34 years. His health is apparently pretty poor. Hopefully they'll also find out that he killed his wife and that will add on a few more years.

lol. 34 years and one month? What a waste of time.

This is such a terribly sad story :( Every single thing about it is heartbreaking.

I listened to a really good podcast about this case last night - they play the emergency calls that Ian made and go through the case really thoroughly. He is such a creep

http://theywalkamonguspodcast.com/

Thread Information