Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Harambe (17) shot by zoo officials

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Yes, indeed. Obviously, since four-year-olds are in danger of being wiped from existence. It's not like silverback gorillas are dangerously endangered or something.

I mean, it's not like Harambe could have lent his genetic material to a breeding program to create MORE of these non-rare,non-endangered gorillas, right?
    "There are already a ton of children, lady, so fuck yours" seems like a totally reasonable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    "There are already a ton of children, lady, so fuck yours" seems like a totally reasonable response.
    ������

ETA: I hate when my smiley faces turn into question marks.

Article that interviews the family (more like they took a bunch of pictures of the family outside their home)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-police.html

Doesn't look like much of a barrier to me. This is the new one.

These are the old ones

Last edited by bermstalker; 06-04-2016 at 03:15 AM.

I kinda feel like a dick for saying this but even though those barriers are ultra shitty I would think if I had little ones with me that I would be THAT MUCH MORE aware of them. I'd be terrified of them falling in just as this kid did.

I'm by no means saying the mom is horrible or that I'm perfect and never failed at parenting in some way or another but this just seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Article that interviews the family (more like they took a bunch of pictures of the family outside their home)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-police.html

Doesn't look like much of a barrier to me. This is the new one.

These are the old ones

Oh wow those are not barriers at all. I can understand the scrutiny of the mothers lack of attention a little more now. You can pretty much just walk right on in.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Basically, all zoos should have those glass enclosure areas because stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ok so the family isn't suing the zoo. Guess it was a rumor

That second barrier sucks

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Id like to point out this underlines my theory there is an evolutionary advantage to being an anxious neurotic wreck

As Ive mentioned, my sweet baby was a horror show at three. I had the little leash backpack thing and I got SO MUCH SHIT from strangers about it. I gave no fucks, because I knew my kid would totally be the one to crawl into an enclosure. As a parent, everyone has opinions and you will be wrong no matter what you do. But myself- being an anxious wreck and a helicoptor parent meant no way in hell was my kid getting forgotten or lost or whatever if I had something to say about it.That said- there is always some danger even anxious parents miss.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Id like to point out this underlines my theory there is an evolutionary advantage to being an anxious neurotic wreck

As Ive mentioned, my sweet baby was a horror show at three. I had the little leash backpack thing and I got SO MUCH SHIT from strangers about it. I gave no fucks, because I knew my kid would totally be the one to crawl into an enclosure. As a parent, everyone has opinions and you will be wrong no matter what you do. But myself- being an anxious wreck and a helicoptor parent meant no way in hell was my kid getting forgotten or lost or whatever if I had something to say about it.That said- there is always some danger even anxious parents miss.
    When my sister had my nephew, she used the same set of reins on him that our mum had used on us when we were small. I was walking with him one day and a lady stopped me and said "he's a child not a dog. He shouldn't be on a lead." What she had no idea was that my nephew is autistic and had no sense of danger. I told her that she'd be the first one to blame me if he ran in to the road and was hit by a car."

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    When my sister had my nephew, she used the same set of reins on him that our mum had used on us when we were small. I was walking with him one day and a lady stopped me and said "he's a child not a dog. He shouldn't be on a lead." What she had no idea was that my nephew is autistic and had no sense of danger. I told her that she'd be the first one to blame me if he ran in to the road and was hit by a car."
    Exactly!!! People are such dillholes...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    Someone said the exact same thing to me when I was out with my Aunt's little boy. I asked her why she'd think I cared more about my dogs safety than the kiddos? After all, my dog was much better trained a 3 than Brandon was... She huffed off.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I'll admit I was one of those moms who thought leashes were for lazy parents.

That was before I came out of my haze and realized that kid leashes aren't terrible but basically your child should be born with them attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Basically, all zoos should have those glass enclosure areas because stupid people.
    Ha. this just happened the other day. The zookeeper says this lion LOVES playing with little kids. awww. kitty wants to be his friend. The video at the link is even scarier.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...enclosure.html

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ha. this just happened the other day. The zookeeper says this lion LOVES playing with little kids. awww. kitty wants to be his friend. The video at the link is even scarier.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...enclosure.html

That's awesome

Now see....if we HAVE to have zoos (I prefer Sanctuaries), then this is how it should be done. Not only does it keep kids and whack jobs out of the enclosures, but if the animals choose to engage people they can. In addition, I would assume that it dampens the noise level for the animals.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I feel bad for laughing at that I've run into glass doors on accident and it was super embarrassing.

The big cat enclosures at the Cincinnati zoo are glass. Last time I was there, the tiger was actually sleeping up against the glass, so I got to see him up close, it was pretty cool. I imagine if this kid fell into a lion enclosure, this story would have had a completely different outcome.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I feel bad for laughing at that I've run into glass doors on accident and it was super embarrassing.

The big cat enclosures at the Cincinnati zoo are glass. Last time I was there, the tiger was actually sleeping up against the glass, so I got to see him up close, it was pretty cool. I imagine if this kid fell into a lion enclosure, this story would have had a completely different outcome.
    Man those cats are always sleeping. I have failed to get a picture of one that wasn't sleeping at both the Cincinnati and Louisville zoos over like 6 trips.

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/c...tguid=Vv3sMljg

Cincinnati Zoo's Gorilla World reopens

(June 7, 2017) CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Gorilla World at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden has reopened after months of modifying the exhibit.

The outdoor exhibit is now open, weather permitting.

Construction to expand Gorilla World began last fall, but has been in the works since 2015.

Phase one modifications include increased resurfaced outdoor habitat, a more energy-efficient stream and waterfall, random rolling hills, new landscaping, and an improved space for colobus monkeys.

The new indoor environment, which will allow visitors to see gorillas year round, is expected to be finished this fall. For the gorillas, the new environment will feature naturalistic settings, natural daylight, and large interactive spaces.

Last June, the zoo installed new physical barriers in response to a 3-year-old boy who gained access to the enclosure, resulting in the killing of Harambe, a 17-year-old western lowland gorilla.

The new barriers at Gorilla World were raised 6 inches to 3.5 feet. They feature wood beams at the top and on the bottom with knotted rope netting, zoo officials say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

RIP Harambe. Never forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information