Thread: Aaron Minor (3) Body was discovered in an abandoned Detroit apartment

Aaron Minor (3) Body was discovered in an abandoned Detroit apartment

The missing mother of a toddler whose decomposing body was discovered in an abandoned Detroit apartment Wednesday has been found in a psychiatric ward at a local hospital, police said.

"The mother was located early this morning at a psychiatric unit," Detroit Police Officer Nicole Kirkwood confirmed Thursday morning. Kirkwood said the child's father has also been located, but he is not a person of interest at this point, since he's been incarcerated for quite some time.

More details were not immediately released by the police. Police declined to release what hospital the mother is in or why she's being treated. The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the three-year-old boy as Aaron Minor. The boy's cause and manner of death is still pending, according to a medical examiner's office spokesman.

Police said Wednesday that the mother had collapsed nine days earlier on the apartment's lawn and was hospitalized for at least two days. The mother could be charged in the boy's death for leaving her child alone in their apartment on Trumbull, west of the Lodge Freeway and five blocks south of I-94.

Wednesday afternoon, an apartment maintenance man found the toddler after he was drawn to the unit by a bad odor, Moreno said.

According to police, the toddler had been dead more than a week after being left alone, police said. Investigators were unsure about his exact age because he recently had a third birthday and may have been dying, or dead, on that day. Police have declined to disclose the date of his birthday.

Officer Jennifer Moreno said there were no obvious signs of trauma to the boy, but his death is being investigated as homicide. Moreno said police have a record of an EMS run last week to aid the boy's mother.

?On May 16, there was a 911 call about a woman down on the front lawn there,? Moreno said. ?We?re not sure if it was a medical emergency or an overdose.?

EMS took the woman to a hospital in Detroit, then transported her the next day to a hospital in Ann Arbor, after which the woman was released, Moreno said.

Detroit Police Capt. Darin Szilagy said at the scene that the child's mother had been found unresponsive and lying in the grass at the complex.

?We don?t know if that was a factor? in the death of the child, found lying on a bed in the apartment, Szilagy said. "We don?t know if he was deceased prior to that or after. We just don?t know."

At least one neighbor said she saw the woman and boy late last week, which conflicts with what police are reporting.

April Fowler, 28, said she last saw the boy's mother and the boy late last week, possibly Thursday, as the mother pushed the boy in a stroller to a nearby corner store. She said she was neighborly with the woman but not a friend.

?It was pretty much normal because she does on a day-to-day basis, early in the mornings or mid-afternoons ? she walks her child in a stroller, goes to the store and comes back,? she said.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ward/84968172/

That is so very fuckin sad

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    By the sounds of it, she was either suffering from severe mental illness or severe drug addiction and wasn't even able to tell authorities that her child was inside. I'm wondering why either neighbors didn't mention it to them or the authorities didn't contact family members that would have asked about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I agree, Boston. The article does include a quote about her being seen on a regular basis pushing the boy in a stroller; therefore, you do have to question why none of the neighbors made mention of him and/or asked about him while she was being taken to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I agree, Boston. The article does include a quote about her being seen on a regular basis pushing the boy in a stroller; therefore, you do have to question why none of the neighbors made mention of him and/or asked about him while she was being taken to the hospital.
    Or even checked out her place to make sure it was locked up. She was unconscious on the lawn. Did nobody think to make sure her place was locked up and secure when they took her? Neighbors? Nobody? I just think it's strange.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Me too...very odd.

She was unconscious on the lawn and they had no idea what happened to her...why didn't police check her house? Make sure someone wasn't in there who may have done something to her? Or see if another person was there that may have been able to answer questions about why she was unconscious on her front lawn? Or if they suspected overdose, check for drugs to see what she may have taken?

Just seems like there have been so many reasons to check the house.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Because she was a squatter. Likely in Detroit the neighbors werent even sure what building she lived in and had no idea she had a child. It says right there it was an abandoned apartment. I still disagree with the idea that she could be charged with the death if she was in a psychotic state and hospitalized.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Because she was a squatter. Likely in Detroit the neighbors werent even sure what building she lived in and had no idea she had a child. It says right there it was an abandoned apartment. I still disagree with the idea that she could be charged with the death if she was in a psychotic state and hospitalized.
    What a horribly sad situation. I agree that she should not have charges pressed against her. They may however go through the whole process to get her committed as criminally insane.

I getcha, but it even states that a neighbor saw her less than a week before walking to the store with her kid in the stroller. That she did that on the regular. Neighbors knew she had a child at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I getcha, but it even states that a neighbor saw her less than a week before walking to the store with her kid in the stroller. That she did that on the regular. Neighbors knew she had a child at least.
    I doubt they had any idea where she was staying, though. Tons of abandoned spaces and who knows how large the building was where they found her. Very sad statement about the poverty in Detroit.

I doubt they had any idea where she was staying, though. Tons of abandoned spaces and who knows how large the building was where they found her. Very sad statement about the poverty in Detroit.
    It really is. My husband lived near Detroit and drove through for work. He said that one day you could drive by a street and see that people lived in the homes and see kids out playing. Then a few weeks later that same street would be totally abandoned.

I still think it's fucking ludicrous to hold this woman responsible in any way.

The aunt of 3-year-old Aaron Minor is trying to make sense of her nephew's death.

"I've been, just me and my mother since last night, trying to figure out what happened," Kyra Mylum said.

A maintenance worker found his body Wednesday afternoon inside an apartment on Trumbull in Detroit and called police.

Investigators say the boy's body was badly decomposed and say he had been dead for several days.

"What could have possibly happened?" Mylum said. "I can't fathom, I'm trying to get to the bottom of it."

Police had been searching for the boy's mother, 28-year-old Deanna Minor since Wednesday night and found her on Thursday.

"Severe depression, severe depression," Mylum said. "She's had states where she has been institutionalized before for depression."

Minor, who has three other children, is currently at a psych ward in Wyandotte.

"I don't know if the mother realizes that the child is dead yet because she's in a crisis center Downriver," Dolunt said. "But it's my understanding it's the second time she's been picked up the last couple of days for being a crisis center. I'm not sure how long the child had been in the room."

Police say the room at the apartment was in disarray and right now the cause of death has not been determined. Officers believe Minor was responsible looking after her son.

"She could have walked out thinking the child was sleeping," Dolunt said. "She could have told someone, again we don't know because we can't talk to her because of HIPPA laws, she's in a crisis center. The father from our understanding is incarcerated, so he had no idea."

FOX 2: "Do you recall a time where she has left any of her children alone for a long period of time?"

"No. never, never like that," Mylum said.

The aunt says although her sister may suffer from a mental illness, she doesn't recall a time where Deanna Minor harmed any of her children, and the aunt says she was working to get permanent custody of her nieces and nephews.

"I had contact with her previous social worker that had information on my nieces and nephew, she has twin girls and another son," Mylum said.

The aunt said she doesn't know where the children are right now in foster care - more questions that remain unanswered.

The aunt has set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for the child's funeral. CLICK HERE for the site.

"Everywhere he went, he brought joy," she said. "Wherever he went, he was a light. my baby. i can't put into words how hard this has hit me. it's hard for me to talk about. it's almost unreal."

Police say it's difficult lay out criminal charges because of the mother's mental state, and they're waiting to learn more about Aaron Minor's cause of death.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...45611134-story

Go fund me

Naby Aaron was just found deceased yesterday after noon. His mom is in pychictrac care and unable to assist in proper burial of my nephew. Which leaves my Mother and I to take care of his arrangements. We are asking for friends and family to donate whatever possible, so that we are able to bury Lil Aaron as soon as possible as his remains were found decomposing. Our family appreciates any assistance that we receive and I pray that each and every person be blessed abundantly for their contribution. God Bless

https://www.gofundme.com/268fzdcc

I still think it's fucking ludicrous to hold this woman responsible in any way.
    I think at the very least they will put her in a mental facility. I don't know how long they would make her stay though.

Thread Information