Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ashleigh Holloway Best (35) died in an auto accident while attempting to evade a repo man

Is it common for repo people to take the cars in the middle of the night?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Yup..my ex was a repo man here in Texas..they usually pick them up at night when the owners are most likely asleep, so there's no drama or confrontation. There are pretty strict rules..if someone is in the car or jumps in the car, they can't take it. If the vehicle is behind a fence that's closed, they are not supposed to open the fence to get to where the vehicle is. I know that my ex got paid per repo.., not salary, so the more cars the better the paycheck.

Certain cars were worth more though..so I think my ex might've had a base pay, with bonuses per car..maybe that was the same for this company..maybe it wasn't technically commission based, but maybe he got bonused for getting the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Yup..my ex was a repo man here in Texas..they usually pick them up at night when the owners are most likely asleep, so there's no drama or confrontation. There are pretty strict rules..if someone is in the car or jumps in the car, they can't take it. If the vehicle is behind a fence that's closed, they are not supposed to open the fence to get to where the vehicle is. I know that my ex got paid per repo.., not salary, so the more cars the better the paycheck.
    Uh huh. One of our students worked part time repoing cars. Pick em up at night, or figure out where and when the "repoee" works and take them from then.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Exactly. He would look them up on fb & see where they were tagged or where they checked in..bar, restaurant, ect..& go pick it up there.

So if a person always parks in the garage, they are safe?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

And no, I am not trying to get tips for myself...lol. I pay my car payments. So far.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    She may have been under water on it tho. You buy a new vehicle and you quickly owe more than it's worth for a while, and some of the sleezy used car dealers that will finance for you (bad credit, no credit, no problem) will often charge such horrendous interest rates that you owe more than you paid quickly. One of the gals that worked for me bought one of these cars and when she tried to give it back to them, 6 weeks later and just walk away, they said she owed them an xtra $1000.

I don't see where it says what model year this car was... that might be interesting to know.
    True. And it would be interesting to know what year it was.

What makes me feel like it isn't a Ron scenario is for one, the type of car. If you're just looking for simple transportation so you can keep your job, that's not what you choose. Poor decisions don't absolve you of fault. For two, there's many steps that lead up to a repo. You are warned and then warned and called and called and only when you can't be reached and you're blatantly ignoring the bank they'll repo. It costs them money to hire people to do it. Most companies will work with you to keep you in your car by tacking payments on to the end of your loan or refinancing to lower payments etc.

They had only recently moved from Florida to Utah. I'm only speculating, but I don't think it's outrageous to think that perhaps they were trying to skip out on the bill. And if not, at the very least they could have made arrangements. I'm having a hard time putting her in to the same category as someone who's completely down and out with no options. That's all I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Lol yeah if you park in the garage or block it in then tou should be good..but don't keep the garage door open, I think they can get if the garage door is open..I know that my ex sometimes had to crawl under cars and flip some switch to unlock the brakes so the tires wouldn't screech when he was taking off with vehicles

I kinda liken a repo person's job as the same as a process server. Those guys are put in some crappy situations not always dealing with the best of people.

Still have to be held accountable tho.

I get the feeling this repo guy took his job a little too seriously. Kind of like a Security Guard that thinks they're a cop. He definitely took it way too far. Eventually they would have gone grocery shopping and he could have snagged it then.

Exactly!! It was senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    True. And it would be interesting to know what year it was.

What makes me feel like it isn't a Ron scenario is for one, the type of car. If you're just looking for simple transportation so you can keep your job, that's not what you choose. Poor decisions don't absolve you of fault. For two, there's many steps that lead up to a repo. You are warned and then warned and called and called and only when you can't be reached and you're blatantly ignoring the bank they'll repo. It costs them money to hire people to do it. Most companies will work with you to keep you in your car by tacking payments on to the end of your loan or refinancing to lower payments etc.

They had only recently moved from Florida to Utah. I'm only speculating, but I don't think it's outrageous to think that perhaps they were trying to skip out on the bill. And if not, at the very least they could have made arrangements. I'm having a hard time putting her in to the same category as someone who's completely down and out with no options. That's all I'm saying.
    It's possible she didn't finace through some place like GMAC or Ford Motor tho. Billy Bob's Quick and Easy Motors could be who financed her car.
    Places like that don't give grace peiords and try to talk with you to work out arrangements. They come and take their shit. Places like that have provisions for that in their contracts. That's why they're considered shady car lots.
    When I used to work finace, we would sometimes see a few people that came in with crappy deals. I remember one girl only had $400 left on a $4000 loan. She was 5 days behind and they repo'ed her car from school. She called the police but there wasn't anything they could do about it because of the contract she signed. To get her car back, she ended up paying the $400 plus a whole bunch in fees and repo charges. Usually it's a win/win for these type of car companies. They get a few thousands from a person over a few years, that person is late so they repo. Then they turn around and resell it to another person and make double.

Also, a place like this usually just uses their BIL or cousin to do the repo. It's not like they actually hire a reputable repo company

I actually think both sides are at fault. BUT from the sounds of this article, it really seems like the Repo man was out of control.
    I found this
    Kenneth Drew, 49, of American Fork, an employee of On Demand Repos, was charged in 4th District Court with manslaughter, a second-degree felony.
    Best's husband initially argued with Drew, asking for a chance to update his payments in exchange for leaving the vehicle alone, according to a police affidavit.

But while Drew was waiting for the payments to be made, Best — a mother who had recently married and moved to Utah to get back on her feet after struggling financially — got into her 2002 Lincoln Navigator and drove away.

Drew initially told investigators he waited at that point for the tow truck lift to reset before going to look for Best.

However, "a neighbor’s security camera video shows that the tow truck did not stop at all. It shows Mr. Drew forcing Mrs. Best to hug the curb on her right around the cul-de-sac as he tried to box her in with his tow truck and as both vehicles accelerated. Mrs. Best got around the tow truck and the video shows Mr. Drew speeding after the Navigator in very close pursuit as they leave the cul-de-sac and the camera’s view," charging documents state.

"Mr. Drew admitted to police that he was angry at having given the Bests an opportunity to keep their car that they used to try to get away from him," according to the charges.
    Rather than leaving and trying to repossess her car at another time, prosecutors say Drew gave chase for up to 12 blocks through residential streets. Drew claimed that Best's vehicle kept veering into his.

"(Drew) claimed that Mrs. Best then accelerated past him on the right, began to fishtail, jumped the curb to the right, and struck a tree. He claimed it all happened so fast that he was not even sure that it was the Navigator until he checked the license plate after the crash. He told police at least twice he immediately pulled in behind Mrs. Best, jumped out of his truck, ran up to the Navigator and called 911. He denied having to slow down further down the road and making a U-turn to return to the accident scene," the charges state.

But prosecutors say an accident reconstruction team showed that Drew's story didn't add up. Based on evidence from the scene plus an interview with Drew's girlfriend who was in his tow truck with him, prosecutors believe the truck was "driving almost parallel" to Best as they entered an S-curve.

"Their preliminary conclusion is that this damage is not consistent with Mr. Drew’s description of a bump between the vehicles, but rather indicates that they were traveling in contact with each other for some time," according to the charges. "Mr. Drew drove the tow truck straight to pin Mrs. Best against the curb on the right. When she did not stop, the Navigator jumped the curb and hit the tree. Furthermore, there was no evidence that the Navigator fishtailed as Mr. Drew described."

Furthermore, video surveillance from a nearby junior high school showed that Drew did not immediately turn around as he claimed.

Drew's girlfriend "repeatedly described this incident as a chase and admitted she was scared," the charges state.

When confronted with the evidence, prosecutors say Drew "conceded that he may have been using his truck to try to stop Mrs. Best, to try to bring the whole thing to an end. He also backtracked on his first account and said that he did not really remember details about how the crash happened," the charges state.

Brian Edwards, owner of On Demand Repos, said shortly after the crash that Drew was an "honest" man.

"My driver, he's a good guy. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. His does his job. He respects people," he said last week. "I just wish everybody would wait to see what the investigation shows."

Edwards said his company's policy is not to chase people.

Drew has a history of traffic-related offenses, according to state court records. He was convicted of unlawful conduct for a motor carrier in 2015, a class B misdemeanor, in a plea in abeyance. In 2013, Drew was convicted of misdemeanor DUI, and in 2012 pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct, a class C misdemeanor.
    https://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=39909976&nid=148
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-28-2016 at 01:04 AM.

I can see why those charges are there now. Those details are more thorough.

I still think that this woman should've just let the truck go tho.
    Tow truck guy was wrong but so was she.

She's just as responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I can see why those charges are there now. Those details are more thorough.

I still think that this woman should've just let the truck go tho.
    Tow truck guy was wrong but so was she.

She's just as responsible.
    Yeah. Same. He essentially ran her off the road by the sounds of it. But it also sounds like they were in the process of talking to the lenders on the phone and making arrangements when she took off in the car. That was dumb.

What's the point of damaging the car you are trying to repo other than fuck those guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    What's the point of damaging the car you are trying to repo other than fuck those guys?
    Yeah. You kinda have a point here.

I'm still trying to understand why she took off when the Husband was making payment arrangements.

But this dude ran her off the road so fuck him. Both at fault.

[IMG][/IMG]

Some more information.
    It looks like Titlemax is one of those loan places. They give you money if you put your title up. I think they're similar to those check cashing places.
    I figured it had to be some scammy company to repo a 2002.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ay.html?pg=all

Police say Drew went to Best's residence, 740 E. Cherryhill Dr., early Tuesday to repossess her car on behalf of Titlemax Georgia. Best, who was recently married and has two young children, had just moved to Utah from Florida to live with her parents while the family worked to get back on their feet, Smith said.

He described the family as being down on their luck and the vehicle Drew attempted to repossess was their only car.

Drew showed up at Best's house with a tow truck and was backing his truck up to the Lincoln Navigator when a man came out of the house and stepped between the truck and the vehicle, according to a police affidavit. The man told Drew he wasn't going to let him take the vehicle.

Drew said he told the man he was ordered by a bank to repossess it.

"Kenneth stated the male asked to have just a few moments to contact the bank and become current on his delinquent payments, again, to which Kenneth agreed," the affidavit states.

"During the course of that, there was an argument that ensued," Smith said. "The victim removed the vehicle and left the residence. Once she left the residence, the tow truck gave chase. There was a pursuit that lasted between 10 to 12 blocks. And eventually the victim's vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree at a high rate of speed, which caused her fatal injuries."

Drew told detectives he was sitting in his tow truck waiting for the other man when Best got into the car and started to drive off, according to the affidavit.

He said he tried to block her from leaving, but she drove around him. "Kenneth stated he then 'accelerated quickly' to chase after the vehicle because they were trying to avoid the repossession," police wrote.

During the pursuit, Drew told police that the driver "had her tail lights off and she struck the rear, passenger side quarter-panel of his tow truck," according to the report.

But based on physical evidence — and an interview with Drew's girlfriend who was in the tow truck with him and used the word "chase" multiple times to describe the incident — police determined the tow truck was driving as fast as the fleeing vehicle, the affidavit states. At one point, police believe the vehicles were parallel and the tow truck pulled slightly ahead.

"The tow truck was applying brakes, or had a tire locked up from turning possibly when the tow truck made contact with the Navigator," police wrote. The vehicle then went over the curb and onto the sidewalk before hitting the tree.

Edwards said that according to Drew, Best hit his tow truck with her car while trying to flee. When Best started driving fast, Drew backed off and was going to look for the vehicle again later, he said.

The company's policy is not to chase anyone, Edwards said. If someone tries to flee, "We let 'em go," he said. "Not worth anyone getting injured."

The girlfriend told police "she was scared during the incident and she didn't know if Kenneth had purposely ran the female off the roadway or not," according to the affidavit. She said she also "wondered why they were even chasing the female."

Regardless of whether Best should have driven off in the car, Smith said it didn't give Drew the right to chase after her.

"It doesn't justify chasing her down through the roads, city streets, at high rates of speeds, causing fatal traffic accidents. The end doesn't justify the means," Smith said.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Holy shit @ the picture of the truck.

"Kenneth stated the male asked to have just a few moments to contact the bank and become current on his delinquent payments, again, to which Kenneth agreed," the affidavit states.
    so they had the money, but didn't think they needed to pay the loan? I get moving money around and figuring out what bills are more important to pay if you're not making enough money, but you'd think if they needed the vehicle to work they would think that's a priority. Also, you can always call before it got to this point and tried to make arrangements....most places are actually willing to help as long as they're getting their money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Those places are horrible. They prey on poor people and people with emergencies and charge extreme interest rates with no leeway. I bet this guy was a super asshole who got off on the intimidation factor and the pain he causes families. He killed a woman for a 14 year old car. Fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Holy shit @ the picture of the truck.

so they had the money, but didn't think they needed to pay the loan? I get moving money around and figuring out what bills are more important to pay if you're not making enough money, but you'd think if they needed the vehicle to work they would think that's a priority. Also, you can always call before it got to this point and tried to make arrangements....most places are actually willing to help as long as they're getting their money.
    More likely he was trying to get a raise on his credit limit on another bank card or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    This thread kinda blew my mind at first, because I know an Ashleigh Best, who is 35, who had a terrible car accident in 1996 when she was 16, killing three of her five friends that were in the car. They went to my high school, but I was already a senior in college. (To be precise, I know her sister, who was a year behind me in school. We were in a club together.)

They and another vehicle carrying TEN girls (two in the trunk) were rolling a girl's yard (for like the third time) when the dad came out screaming, they fled in their cars, and he gave chase in his truck. Ashleigh was speeding and turning off her headlights so he couldn't see her and ran into a tree while rounding a hairpin curve down the street from our middle school.

She and the dad were both charged with vehicular homicide. It was a huge deal. It was all on Court TV and such. It's one of the reasons Georgia changed our teen driving laws to restrict driving times and who rookie drivers can have in their car. (She pleaded guilty, he was found not guilty.)

Anyway, it's a long and complicated story, and I don't want to derail the thread, it's just eerie ... the name, age, the wreck during a chase.

That's all. Carry on.
    WOW that's a very unusual circumstance! It would blow my mind too.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    This thread kinda blew my mind at first, because I know an Ashleigh Best, who is 35, who had a terrible car accident in 1996 when she was 16, killing three of her five friends that were in the car. They went to my high school, but I was already a senior in college. (To be precise, I know her sister, who was a year behind me in school. We were in a club together.)

They and another vehicle carrying TEN girls (two in the trunk) were rolling a girl's yard (for like the third time) when the dad came out screaming, they fled in their cars, and he gave chase in his truck. Ashleigh was speeding and turning off her headlights so he couldn't see her and ran into a tree while rounding a hairpin curve down the street from our middle school.

She and the dad were both charged with vehicular homicide. It was a huge deal. It was all on Court TV and such. It's one of the reasons Georgia changed our teen driving laws to restrict driving times and who rookie drivers can have in their car. (She pleaded guilty, he was found not guilty.)

Anyway, it's a long and complicated story, and I don't want to derail the thread, it's just eerie ... the name, age, the wreck during a chase.

That's all. Carry on.
    WOW that's a very unusual coincidence! That would blow my mind too.

Oops- sorry about that. After I hit "submit" I realized I meant "coincidence" not "circumstance." No edit option for me? Altho tbh if there is an edit option for me, I bet it wouldn't work since I'm on my cell phone.

Thread Information