Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ashleigh Holloway Best (35) died in an auto accident while attempting to evade a repo man

Ashleigh Holloway Best (35) died in an auto accident while attempting to evade a repo man

A Utah repo man sent to tow away a family's car wound up chasing a woman who fled in the car until she slammed into a tree early Tuesday, police said.

Ashleigh Holloway Best, 35, died in the crash after Kenneth Drew chased her Lincoln Navigator in his tow truck at speeds of up to 70 mph, according to the Pleasant Grove Police Department. Drew, 49, faces charges of manslaughter resulting in death in the 10 to 12-block pursuit in the town near Provo.

"I've never, in my 15 years of law enforcement, I've never seen a repo agent be this aggressive. I've never seen anything like it," Pleasant Grove police Lt. Britt Smith told the Deseret News. "The end doesn't justify the means."

Drew's truck hit the Navigator, causing it to go careening off the road, over a sidewalk and into the tree on N. 100 East, police said. He had shown up at Best's home on Cherryhill Dr. just after midnight to repossess the SUV but Best sped away in it following an argument outside the home, according to cops.

Brian Edwards, Drew's employer and the owner of On Demand Repos, said in an email that Drew told him he pulled over as soon as Best began going fast in her car.

"I believe Mr Drew's story that he told me. He was the first one to call 911, the next phone call was to me. It has been confirmed. And the story lines directly up with the wrong theory by the police," Edwards said. "All drivers are on salary. They do not get paid or not paid if they do or don't get vehicles. They will get their check each and every payday. Mr. Drew would not intentionally hurt any human being. Our company has policies in place."

Yet Best's family is having a hard time understanding the death of the mother of three, her sister-in-law Buffee Best told KSTU-TV.

"That's what we've been saying all day is it was just a stupid car. A life for a stupid car," Best said. "It's just unbelievably hard."

The victim and her husband had recently moved their family from Florida to be closer to his parents, Best wrote on a GoFundMe page for funeral expenses. The page had raised over $3,500 on Wednesday night.

"Her husband lost his best friend, his lover, his soulmate and his reason for existing," Best wrote on the page. "Her three children lost their beautiful devoted mother. Her mother lost her only daughter and very best friend. Her brother lost his twin. Our families lost a piece of our souls."

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ade_a_repo_man
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Repo agent charged with manslaughter after fatal crash in Pleasant Grove

A repo agent has been charged with manslaughter after an attempt to repossess a woman’s vehicle led to a fatal accident last week.

The charge stems from an incident on May 17 when police say Kenneth Drew, 49, pursued Ashleigh Best, 35, in his company tow truck on Pleasant Grove streets in an attempt to repossess the Lincoln Navigator she was driving.

The high-speed chase ended near Pleasant Grove Junior High when Drew attempted to pin Best against the curb on the right on 100 East, according to court documents.

When her vehicle didn’t stop, court documents indicate, Best’s vehicle jumped the curb and hit a tree.

Before the accident, Drew went to Best’s home, accompanied by his girlfriend. As he backed the tow truck up to the driveway, Best’s husband Brennen, came out and blocked access to the Navigator by standing between the two vehicles, according to court documents.

After arguing briefly about the repossession, the court documents indicate, the Bests would be given time to update payments and show proof of that in exchange for Drew leaving the Navigator.

“Mr. Best told police he then instructed Ashleigh Best to drive the Navigator to her mother’s house,” according to court documents.

Shortly after that, court documents state, Best got in the Navigator and drove past the tow truck on the right. At the same time, Brennen Best attempted to place himself in front of Drew to keep him from following the Navigator.

He was unsuccessful.

“Mr. Drew admitted to police that he was angry at having given the Bests an opportunity to keep their car that they used to try to get away from him,” according to court documents.

In a discussion with Drew’s employer, police were told that it is company policy never to chase anyone who tries to avoid repossession.

It’s also against company policy for Drew to have had his girlfriend with him on a repossession call.

http://fox13now.com/2016/05/24/repo-...leasant-grove/
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Good. Fucking scumbag. You have to be a special kind of douchebag to do that job, so I can't even imagine what kind does it aggressively.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Wow.

So the boss believes his employee? Yeah, because dude lied to him. And the boss says his guys get paid salary, so he would have gotten paid whether a car gets repossessed or not. Obviously it had nothing to do with money. It was about anger. The article said they had an argument before Ashleigh took off. Dude was obviously angry and wanted to get his way, which was getting her car.

Isn't there some sort of law that they are not supposed to chase people? It's like an employee of a store not being allowed to chase some who steals from them and runs out the door. Safety/liability reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Does anyone remember that repo show with that chick with sharpie eyebrows?

I thought all repo people were assholes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

is a vehicle really worth all this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I had forgotten about that show! They were all so out there.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Poor Ashleigh Holloway Best only if she was responsible and paid her people bills she would still be alive....

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    is a vehicle really worth all this?
    This. I think both are at fault. On his side, let it go. On her side, let it go. There has to be some kind of personal responsibility. If she were drunk, she would be held accountable regardless of if the guy chased her or not. How is driving recklessly any different? It kills people just the same. She could have still killed an innocent bystander just as easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I guess the employer realizes he could be liable for what happened under respondeat superior, which is why he is siding with his creepy employee

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This. I think both are at fault. On his side, let it go. On her side, let it go. There has to be some kind of personal responsibility. If she were drunk, she would be held accountable regardless of if the guy chased her or not. How is driving recklessly any different? It kills people just the same. She could have still killed an innocent bystander just as easily.
    I agree with you. Taking off with the car wasn't a good idea. I mean, what did she think was going to happen, she would drive away into the sunset and the repo people would just be like "oh well, let's just let them keep it".

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I see fault in both sides really.

I don't think repo pee are assholes, it's a job. If you don't make your payments then what do they expect?
    Not all repo people are like the shows on tv and he gave them the opportunity to get it caught up and show proof.

No he should t have drove after her but I think the woman and her husband have a bigger responsibility in this.

It's just a car.

This thread kinda blew my mind at first, because I know an Ashleigh Best, who is 35, who had a terrible car accident in 1996 when she was 16, killing three of her five friends that were in the car. They went to my high school, but I was already a senior in college. (To be precise, I know her sister, who was a year behind me in school. We were in a club together.)

They and another vehicle carrying TEN girls (two in the trunk) were rolling a girl's yard (for like the third time) when the dad came out screaming, they fled in their cars, and he gave chase in his truck. Ashleigh was speeding and turning off her headlights so he couldn't see her and ran into a tree while rounding a hairpin curve down the street from our middle school.

She and the dad were both charged with vehicular homicide. It was a huge deal. It was all on Court TV and such. It's one of the reasons Georgia changed our teen driving laws to restrict driving times and who rookie drivers can have in their car. (She pleaded guilty, he was found not guilty.)

Anyway, it's a long and complicated story, and I don't want to derail the thread, it's just eerie ... the name, age, the wreck during a chase.

That's all. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

They're both at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

You have to be. Taking someone's car could pretty much be ending their life. Not literally, but it could prevent them getting to their crappy job, or hinder their work search. Heaps of people start their path to homelessness by losing their car. It's a slippery slope.

So getting a good night's rest after doing that to people makes you a dirtbag

Are some people gaming the system? Yea. But most are just struggling and I can't see how you would be part of the process of making someone's life shitty

Lol how does a repo person get labeled an asshole for doing a job that literally wouldn't affect you as long as you stay committed to the car loan you agreed to?

It's common sense to pay your bills so this doesn't happen so I don't understand why anyone bashes their job.

If you can't afford the vehicle then trade down or sell it.

Where's the personal responsibility?

You have to be. Taking someone's car could pretty much be ending their life. Not literally, but it could prevent them getting to their crappy job, or hinder their work search. Heaps of people start their path to homelessness by losing their car. It's a slippery slope.

So getting a good night's rest after doing that to people makes you a dirtbag

Are some people gaming the system? Yea. But most are just struggling and I can't see how you would be part of the process of making someone's life shitty
    Very true statement, about the path to homelessness. Ron I hate to break your heart, but Ashely was driving a $50,000 vehicle, if did not have the financial means to make vehicle payments, she should have drove a Ford Pinto...

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Lol how does a repo person get labeled an asshole for doing a job that literally wouldn't affect you as long as you stay committed to the car loan you agreed to?

It's common sense to pay your bills so this doesn't happen so I don't understand why anyone bashes their job.

I dunno. Ask the guy in the mugshot.

I dunno. Ask the guy in the mugshot.
    Ha! You said repo people in general so I'm asking you.

I guess the finance company that forked over the money for the rig should just eat a Dick because you know, feelings and all.

My husband was laid off for an extended period of time about 7 years ago and we couldn't make the payments so it got repossessed.
    The driver wasn't an asshole and we weren't an asshole to him.
    If you can't afford it after signing the loan then you gotta give it back.

Common sense and all.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post

Exactly. She was driving a Lincoln Navigator which isn't exactly a cheap car. I do get what Ron is saying as well, but this Woman had options. You can sell it and use what's left after paying off the loan to get a junker. It will still get you from point A to point B. I drove a 98 Explorer for over a decade and it was a workhorse. No car payments and super cheap insurance. I'd feel worse for her if her hands were tied, but they weren't. There were ways she could have satisfied the bank and still had transportation.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Most aren't assholes, but this particular dude, yeah, he's an asshole for acting like an asshole when he didn't get his way. He felt that they played him, wish they did. Both are wrong. Make like fucking Elsa and let it gooooooo

Yeah and the whole thing with the repo guy chasing her and all is kinda suspect.
    I read another article where they said that the repo guy had her truck blocked in but she hit his truck and then when she drove off she had her headlights off.
    Her husband and her both were aggressive with the driver.
    Going 70 in a 35 with no headlights on is pretty messed up.

I don't really get the manslaughter charges at all.
    If he chased her then I can see reckless driving but not what they have him charged with right now.

The reason is in the main article -

Drew's truck hit the Navigator, causing it to go careening off the road, over a sidewalk and into the tree on N. 100 East, police said. He had shown up at Best's home on Cherryhill Dr. just after midnight to repossess the SUV but Best sped away in it following an argument outside the home, according to cops.

Yeah and another article said that she hit him before she took off and they couldn't tell if it happened in the beginning in the driveway or on the road before she hit the tree.

I mean if he pushed her off the road then yeah I think tats criminal but if it was the other way around I don't agree.

I just can't get over the fact that this was all over a vehicle.
    Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Exactly. She was driving a Lincoln Navigator which isn't exactly a cheap car. I do get what Ron is saying as well, but this Woman had options. You can sell it and use what's left after paying off the loan to get a junker. It will still get you from point A to point B. I drove a 98 Explorer for over a decade and it was a workhorse. No car payments and super cheap insurance. I'd feel worse for her if her hands were tied, but they weren't. There were ways she could have satisfied the bank and still had transportation.
    She may have been under water on it tho. You buy a new vehicle and you quickly owe more than it's worth for a while, and some of the sleezy used car dealers that will finance for you (bad credit, no credit, no problem) will often charge such horrendous interest rates that you owe more than you paid quickly. One of the gals that worked for me bought one of these cars and when she tried to give it back to them, 6 weeks later and just walk away, they said she owed them an xtra $1000.

I don't see where it says what model year this car was... that might be interesting to know.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information