Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colin Fraley (10) committed suicide by gunshot

Colin Fraley (10) committed suicide by gunshot

Urgh

His mother - https://www.facebook.com/trisa.sauber?fref=ts

As the school year ends at Scioto Darby Elementary School, Colin Fraley?s friends and classmates are grieving.

?It?s going to be hard leaving, knowing that our friend is gone,? Kearsta Thomas said.

Thomas and her friends are classmates with Fraley in the fifth grade at Scioto Darby Elementary School. Now, they?re grieving the loss of a student who was new this year but who made an impression with his sense of humor and kindness.

?He won?t be able to graduate with us,? Kylie Ray, another classmate, said. ?He wasn?t even 11 and that was just like really sad.?

?He was hilarious,? Caroline Malone said. ?He made everybody laugh.?

Thomas said when she learned of her friend?s death on Thursday, she ?fell apart.?

?I think it?s going to be really hard, but we?re trying to move forward because it?s the end of the year, we?re graduating from elementary and we?re moving on to sixth grade,? Thomas said.

?I?ve never known someone my age who has died like that, who goes to my school, and that was just really hard for me,? Ray said.

Fraley?s friends are feeling the loss, and their parents are trying to help them through it.

?It?s been tough,? said Angela Ely, who is Kearsta Thomas?s mother. ?There?s no manual for this type of thing in parenting and you know, you do the best you can.?

Counselors were available Friday at Scioto Darby Elementary School to meet with the students.

Fraley?s parents told NBC4 that the boy had struggled with depression since he was five years old and that they believe it was a suicide.

Ughhh. What a sad, sad story. Just 10 years old and having been fighting depression since the age of 5... I can't imagine what his family is going through.
    Hopefully now his mind and soul can rest peacefully.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/12/hilliard...-shot-in-head/

I don't know about this one yet.
    Where did he get the gun from?

RIP little man. Heartbreaking.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This breaks my heart

Also, yes. What Daisy said. Where Did he get the gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

OMG, only 10 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

There's a post on his dads page saying he's a single father... Apologies if I missed something, but was the mother not involved at all?

This is fucking horrible. Reading it has made me physically ill. He was just a baby. My heart hurts for him and his family.

I have family that lives in Hilliard. This is so sad. Poor little guy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiesarahkenobie View Post
    There's a post on his dads page saying he's a single father... Apologies if I missed something, but was the mother not involved at all?
    Yeah it's weird, because him and Trisa are still married on fb/her bio is all about being a mum of 2 and wife etc etc

Still no updates that I can find :( This one is so rough.

It appears they are divorced (per article below).

Father to crusade for gun safety after son's tragic death

JACKSON COUNTY, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Twelve days ago Chris Fraley got a call no parent should ever get.

His youngest son, Colin, a fifth grader at Hilliard Scioto Darby Elementary School, had gotten his hands on a gun -- with deadly consequences.

"It's horrific," Fraley said quietly.

"I don't want other parents to have to go through what I'm going through right now."

Now the grieving dad is on a mission.

He's calling it "Colin's Crusade," and is urging gun owners to keep their firearms locked up and secure.

Colin died after finding an unlocked gun at his mother and stepfather's house in Hilliard, something that angers Colin's father.

"Unfortunately, it's the parents responsibility not having the guns protected and secured. And ammunition not secured. We have to protect our children," he said.

Fraley said he's not anti-gun.

"I'm all for people owning weapons, but you need to protect them and secure them. Lock them up and keep your family safe. Save your babies."

Hilliard Police are investigating the case; no charges have been filed.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local...s-tragic-death

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That's brutal.
    LOCK YOUR FUCKING GUNS UP IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN OR HAVE CHILDREN OVER TO YOUR PLACE.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Colin died after finding an unlocked gun at his mother and stepfather's house in Hilliard, something that angers Colin's father.
    Fuck. This.

You don't need fucking guns.

How often do you ever hear about ANYONE successfully (aka no injuries) defending themselves with a gun?

Seriously. Fuck this.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Fuck. This.

How often do you ever hear about ANYONE successfully (aka no injuries) defending themselves with a gun?

Seriously. Fuck this.
    YES THIS ! ^^

People have them successfully. It's the careless gun owners that give guns a bad rap.

Not all of us are irresponsible. I have multiple guns and not one of them is left where anyone can get to them except my husband and myself.

It's tragic that such a young child took his own life.
    I have a 10 year old and I just can't fathom it.

Rip little one.

Fuck. This.

Seriously. Fuck this.
    This country's love affair with guns disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    This country's love affair with guns disgusts me.
    Seriously. This is why Canada seems so cool. For me (a loser from backwards going Australia), Canada is the nicer, high brother who chills in his room and plays video games all day, while the US is his older brother who is 'hustlin' on the 'grind' yo. I'd be chilling with Canada.

Not to say I wouldn't love to visit both bros again soon , I just am more likely to die in the US, gunshot by toddler isn't the way I want to go out. At least gunshot by angry white man in a suit, please.

Seriously. This is why Canada seems so cool. For me (a loser from backwards going Australia), Canada is the nicer, high brother who chills in his room and plays video games all day, while the US is his older brother who is 'hustlin' on the 'grind' yo. I'd be chilling with Canada.

Not to say I wouldn't love to visit both bros again soon , I just am more likely to die in the US, gunshot by toddler isn't the way I want to go out. At least gunshot by angry white man in a suit, please.
    I'm very conflicted about guns, and I'm trying to absorb all the info I can in order to come to a distinct opinion, but so far that hasn't happened, so I won't comment about that here & now.
    But as far as Canada goes- I often refer to Canadians (& Canadiens) as "our friendly neighbors to the north." I must say I think Daisy may have hit the nail on the head: Canada's the sibling who gets high and plays video games all day! Good one Daisylane!

As far as this boy killing himself- THAT FREAKS THE HELL OUT OF ME! He was just a kid. Who expects a child to commit suicide? Who would've seen this coming? I'm going to be extra vigilant when it comes to the kids in my life.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    People have them successfully. It's the careless gun owners that give guns a bad rap.

Not all of us are irresponsible. I have multiple guns and not one of them is left where anyone can get to them except my husband and myself.

It's tragic that such a young child took his own life.
    I have a 10 year old and I just can't fathom it.

Rip little one.
    Yep, they should charge the dumb-assed gun owners for the crime, not th child.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    I think the child being dead is enough of a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    I often refer to Canadians (& Canadiens) as "our friendly neighbors to the north."
    Naw! I'm glad i'm not too out of ze loop over here on my little island! hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    Agreed. I don't think the child dying is punishment enough, because if that were enough, they would have learnt from all the other cases of it happening. Charge the owners/person who was meant to have this shit locked away. Fucks.

Growing up my mom had a gun in our house because she was a single parent and worked nights so my older sisters were there alone (12 hr shifts as a deputy), she taught me about gun safety and told me never to mess with it I never did. Maybe about middle school my mom and Dad(step dad) bought 2 more guns. They took me too the range and taught me how to use it. They are locked with a safety guard and the magazine and ammo is unknown. After hs I remember they went out of town and i was home alone and heard noises outside (we lived in the country) I ran to my mom's room and grabbed the gun and found the ammo to when I opened the gun case the gun was there with the lock on it.....the key was with both of my parents in Alabama. Anyway my parents taught gun safety. I'm of course an adult now and married with my own kids. They have NO idea we even have one. Nowadays I feel that children shouldn't know if there are guns in their home. They won't go looking for something if they don't even know it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijadelamuerte View Post
    They have NO idea we even have one. Nowadays I feel that children shouldn't know if there are guns in their home. They won't go looking for something if they don't even know it's there.
    While I respect how you parent your children, I have to disagree that the bolded part is best for all families. My concern would be that an uneducated child (in the sense of gun safety) would randomly find the gun and think it's a toy because their parents didn't teach them otherwise. I think it would be best that children are educated on gun safety and taught not to play with a gun.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thread Information