Thread: George Heath (56) died when a man went on a stabbing rampage in a restaurant

George Heath (56) died when a man went on a stabbing rampage in a restaurant

A stabbing rampage that killed two innocent people may have claimed more lives had an off-duty Massachusetts sheriff's deputy not gunned down the attacker, officials said Wednesday.

Deputy James Creed stood up from his dinner at a Bertucci's restaurant at Taunton's Silver City Galleria and killed Arthur DaRosa with one shot after he stabbed a pregnant waitress and fatally stabbed a teacher who rushed to her defense Tuesday night, said Plymouth County Sheriff Joseph McDonald.

"On a personal level, understandably I am proud of Deputy Creed, his heroic actions and his ability to apply his professional training and restraint in an obviously traumatic and perilous situation," McDonald said in a statement. "I am also relieved that through his swift and deliberate response, further additional loss of life or injury to other bystanders was averted."

Investigators said the troubled DaRosa stabbed two people eating dinner at their home ? Patricia Slavin, 80, and her daughter Kathleen Slavin, 58 ? then drove to the shopping center and crashed into a Macy's. DaRosa, 28, beat three women at Macy's then moved on to the Bertucci's, according to Bristol District Attorney Thomas Quinn III.

Quinn said DaRosa, a suicidal man who was released from a psychiatric ward Monday, stabbed the 26-year-old Bertucci's waitress, Sheenah Savoy, in her stomach. An emergency crew later airlifted her to Rhode Island Hospital, where she was in good condition Wednesday, according to WXFT-TV of nearby Boston.

George Heath, a 56-year-old visual design teacher at the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School, and his wife Rosemary were eating at the restaurant at the time. Heath wrestled with DaRosa while his wife tugged on DaRosa's shirt, Rosemary Heath told the Boston Herald.

"He's a hero," she said. "He unselfishly got up and went and did something. And didn't think about himself."

Rosemary Heath said DaRosa stabbed her husband in his temple during the struggle and refused Creed's orders to drop the 6-inch knife. Colleagues of George Heath at both the high school and his previous job at The Standard-Times of New Bedford described his heroism as in keeping with the humble man's character.

"George would have wanted to help," said a tribute in the local newspaper. "He would have wanted to sit down with the man entering the restaurant, talk to him, try to reason with him. Tell him it was going to be OK. Try to find a solution to his problems. Try and fix him. George Heath was that kind of guy."

Yet the senseless attack also killed the elder Slavin and placed her daughter in intensive care. Doctors said Kathleen Slavin was in stable condition Wednesday, according to WXFT. Investigators said DaRosa burst in on the two women as they were eating dinner at the Myricks St. home. Patricia Slavin was pronounced dead at 8:52 p.m.

A person who answered the phone at the home Wednesday said no one was available to comment.

Rosemary Heath shared a news story about her husband's heroism on Facebook and asked her followers to "share, share, share" it.

"I want THIS face all over the news," she wrote, "not that f-----g a-----e who killed him!"

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...n_a_restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Sheenah Savoy (on the right) was pregnant while stabbed in the stomach. She is pictured here with George's wife, Rosemary, who had jumped up to help her when the attacker stabbed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very scary. RIP George, RIP Patricia.

This guy was a hero. I can't imagine being his wife and seeing him stabbed in the temple.

I didn't see anything in the article about the waitress's baby

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/1...g-rampage.html

The community has come together to save the home of the widow of one of the victims of a stabbing rampage in Taunton in 2016.

Rosemary Heath, whose husband George was fatally stabbed by Arthur DaRosa during a violent rampage on May 10, 2016, was at risk of having her home foreclosed on, according to a GoFundMe page set up by her sister.

Earlier that day, DaRosa, a 28-year-old man who had recently been released from psychiatric hospitalization, fatally stabbed an 80-year-old woman, stole a car and crashed it into Macy's at the Silver City Galleria Mall, where he attacked others.

George Heath attempted to stop DaRosa from stabbing a pregnant Bertuccis waitress, managed to save her, but was killed in the process. DaRosa was then shot and killed by an off-duty officer.

According to the fundraiser, since her husband’s death Rosemary Heath has been battling Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and lost her job in 2018, falling behind on her mortgage.

The page says Heath is still struggling to get Disability from Social Security and that her mortgage company wants $25,000 in order to stop the foreclosure and reinstate her mortgage.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/1tldxivbs0

Thread Information