Thread: TX- Four family members killed in crash

TX- Four family members killed in crash

PANOLA COUNTY, TX (WKYT) - The Panola County Sheriff's Office in Texas says deputies are investigating a deadly wreck on Highway 315, near Carthage on Saturday morning.

According to KGAS, four people were killed in the crash, and three others were airlifted. Deputies tell KGAS that the driver of a GMC Savana had slowed for a vehicle turning into a residence off of Highway 315. The Savana was then struck from behind by the Tahoe, pushing it into the path of an 18-wheeler traveling southbound.

?When I got on scene what I initially saw was quite a mess of an accident; probably the worst I?ve ever seen, several fatalities and several people injured and a lot of the vehicles that were involved you couldn?t even really make out what kind of vehicles they were before the accident happened," Blake Holland, a reporter from KGAS, told WKYT.

The pastor of Clays Mill Baptist Church in Lexington says a family involved in the crash were from Lexington. He says they attended the church.

The pastor tells WKYT that Isreal Avelar, 46, and his three sons, Kevin, Daniel, and Matthew, were killed in the crash. He says Avelar's wife, Hilda, 41, his 11-year-old daughter, Kimberly, and his mother, Lazara Abaraca, were injured in the crash. Hilda and his mother were taken to a hospital in Tyler, Texas. Kimberly was taken to a children's hospital in Dallas.

Police in Texas say Kevin Avelar, 17, was driving the GMC. Kevin and Israel Avelar were taken to a hospital in Carthage where they died. Daniel and Matthew were pronounced dead at the scene.

Family is on their way to Texas. They were expected to arrive late Saturday night.

Kerr Brothers Funeral Home in Lexington will be handling the arrangements.

The church is planning a service for Sunday to remember the victims and pray for the injured.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here are some pictures the pastor of their church in Lexington, Kentucky posted of the family:

12322605_1038803579508710_368829978186208638_o.jpg13230172_1038803516175383_2143501043028059807_n.jpg

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Below are some updates the pastor shared on his FB. One of their daughters was not on the trip (Bibiann):

Update Sunday 625am. I spoke to Bibiann last night after she had made it to Texas. She visited her sister Kimmie in Dallas. Kimmie recognized her and responded to her. She is in stable condition.
    Hilda has had one surgery and will have more today to reconstruct broken bones in her face. She is in critical but stable condition as well.
    Their grandmother is stable and in the same hospital as Hilda in Tyler TX.
    Thank you for your continued prayers for Bibiann and her family. I will give an update in church this morning.
    Remember that our Sunday school and church service is at 3500 Versailles Rd today.

Mrs. Hilda Averlar is in surgery for facial reconstruction until approximately 11am.

Doctors are planning to take Kimmie off of life support this morning and will continue their work. She will require more surgery.

https://www.facebook.com/pastorfugate

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    How terrible. To lose that many members in one shot. Whoever rear ended them is fucked for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information