Thread: Jennifer Hollis (22) took her own life after a battle with Lyme Disease

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-15-2016 at 08:25 PM.

http://thedailycougar.com/2016/05/30...student-found/

UPDATE: Body of missing student found

The body of missing 22-year-old Jennifer Hollis was found early Monday morning. According to a Facebook page set up by her family, Hollis took her own life after a long struggle with Lyme disease.

“The problem is that Jennifer suffered an absolutely horrible illness called Lyme disease which bore a pain that is unbearable for those who are inflicted,” Hollis’ family said in a Facebook post. “Most people didn’t realize this about Jennifer. She suffered in silence. She tried to mask her pain and suffering with her infectious smile, laughter and enduring love of life.”

After Hollis’ family raised thousands of dollars through a GoFundMe page, they hired a private investigator to help find her. After a three week search, her family was notified at 5 a.m. that her body was found.

The family asked that in lieu of flowers, Hollis’ friends and family donate to a Lyme disease awareness charity.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Not expecting that.

On a side note I just realized I had the wrong date listed for when she went missing.

Aw love!! Suicides stemming from physical pain really get me. (Be it due to affecting quality of life/MH/chronic pain etc - sucks.)

RIP lovey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Not expecting that.

On a side note I just realized I had the wrong date listed for when she went missing.
    I was just coming here to comment that 6/12/16 hasn't happened yet.

RIP Jennifer. That sucks. Lyme Disease is so debilitating. I know a woman who is still suffering effects years later, who had to sell her business and retire and everything because she could no longer work.

Jennifer Hollis (22) took her own life after a battle with Lyme Disease

She's from the area where I am. I have another friend who is dealing with Lyme disease. So sad. RIP Jennifer

The body of missing 22-year-old Jennifer Hollis was found early Monday morning. According to a Facebook page set up by her family, Hollis took her own life after a long struggle with Lyme disease.

"The problem is that Jennifer suffered an absolutely horrible illness called Lyme disease which bore a pain that is unbearable for those who are inflicted," Hollis' family said in a Facebook post. "Most people didn't realize this about Jennifer. She suffered in silence. She tried to mask her pain and suffering with her infectious smile, laughter and enduring love of life."

After Hollis' family raised thousands of dollars through a GoFundMe page, they hired a private investigator to help find her. After a three week search, her family was notified at 5 a.m. that her body was found.

The family asked that in lieu of flowers, Hollis' friends and family donate to a Lyme disease awareness charity.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...h_Lyme_Disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Jennifer Hollis was a beautiful, caring, and vibrant young woman who succumbed to Lyme disease on May 30, 2016. She became yet another victim of this senseless and misunderstood illness. Only it’s the statistic the general public doesn’t know or hear about that are most concerning. One more person taking their own life because they have lost hope and just cannot continue living another day. One more person being ignored by the medical community. One more person denied acknowledgement that Chronic Lyme disease even exists. One more person being told by their friends and family that they need to just think more positively and can’t possibly understand the pain they are feeling. One more person affected by the lack of adequate testing. One more person misdiagnosed. One more person victimized by the perpetuation of false information about this disease. One more person whose treatment isn’t covered by insurance. One more person losing everything to this horrific disease; health, savings, family, friends, homes, self and ultimately their life.

During the 18-day search to find Jennifer after going missing on May 12, 2016 it was apparent that she had not only touched many lives but had also impacted people in very profound ways. Jennifer had a very kind, gentle, and caring soul. She would be the first person to befriend the new kid in school, making sure she introduced her to all of her friends and inviting her to sit with her group at lunch. She wouldn’t think twice about approaching a stranger sitting on a park bench who looked depressed to try to help and comfort them. Both true stories. She found joy and beauty in everything, and seemed to light up any occasion with her incredible smile and laughter. To the outside world, Jennifer was the epitome of happiness and joy. That was only half the truth. Jennifer felt deep joy like none other but she also felt deep deep pain and anguish. A sadness that was so dark that she eventually took her own life, ending her courageous battle with Lyme on her terms. Another Lyme suicide; the number one cause of death among Lyme sufferers.

I searched for 5 days to find the right organization to represent “Jennifer’s Cause” finally deciding on Safe Harbor Lyme. It is no coincidence that Safe Harbor Lyme is a new group just setting up their website and hadn’t even started collecting donations yet. After reading their site and the Why We Are page, I knew that this is who I wanted to keep Jennifer’s memory alive because she was so passionate about helping others; even complete strangers.

Jennifer always put others needs before her own; even her own healing. She cried about the suffering of others and wished that she could help everyone else. She cried about her good friend Kelly who is very sick with Lyme. Jennifer was worried that if Kelly didn’t feel better soon she would take her own life. She prayed that God would lead her to someone who could restore her health. JenniferFor us, Jennifer has had Lyme for most of her life and we’re uncertain when or how she contracted it. For Kelly she manifested the bullseye rash but was told by Doctors not to worry about it, returned with flu-like symptoms and was treated for a sinus infection, then after thousands of dollars spent on doctors and tests was finally diagnosed with Lyme and other co-infections. But now it’s too late. Safe Harbor Lyme is already in the process of helping Kelly with her disability claim which was denied because the insurance company does not recognize Lyme as chronic or debilitating. So many lives could be saved if only there were better testing and more awareness. For that reason, we have chosen to dedicate Jennifer’s memory to raise awareness of Lyme, advocate for better testing, and assist those in need to afford the high cost of testing.

– Betsie Hollis and Scott Hollis

http://safeharborlyme.org/candlelight-memories/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thread Information