Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samantha Broberg (33) is missing and presumed dead after she fell from a cruise ship

Caring for your kids sometimes mean allowing yourself to unwind and blow off some steam without having to worry about them. Parenting is very hard and it is more than a full time job and it lasts not until 18, but for the rest of your life. It's important to have fun and stay sane. Parents are people too. I'd rather a mom gets a babysitter to have a drunk vacay on a highly structured and monitored cruise ship than tie one on at a family party and trust that relatives will keep an eye on her little shits for her.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with her choices other than ignoring the don't climb on the railing rule. I don't even blame her for that, really, because it seems like fun. Until you fall off, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Maybe I am just cranky because of the things I have always heard about how selfish we are. I do see your point.
    You must be cranky, but you shouldn't be... Just think! You can go get smashed on a cruise and die and no one will be able to call you selfish then!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    After seeing stories of people killing peacocks and baby dolphins and destroying century old statutes while trying to take selfies, I'm jaded. Get plastered, have a blast on your vacation, but if she was doing it to take a selfie?

Darwin Award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Maybe I am just cranky because of the things I have always heard about how selfish we are.
    See, I'm sensitive on the opposite side of the coin. I adore my kids more than anything else in the world, they are my world, but it's so hard not to lose yourself in just being 'mom'. The battle is being a great mom and still keeping that person you were before. Especially 'fun awesome wife to the hubbs'. Hubbs and I go to a concert once in a great while and tie one on, then we uber it home and are back in the saddle the next morning. I would just hope to not be judged for that.

You can get killed by a drunk driver coming home from a movie without the kids, there are so many things that can happen, it's got nothing to do with being selfish for taking some time to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    See, I'm sensitive on the opposite side of the coin. I adore my kids more than anything else in the world, they are my world, but it's so hard not to lose yourself in just being 'mom'. The battle is being a great mom and still keeping that person you were before. Especially 'fun awesome wife to the hubbs'. Hubbs and I go to a concert once in a great while and tie one on, then we uber it home and are back in the saddle the next morning. I would just hope to not be judged for that.
    Everyone who has kids needs some time away now and again. Being a mom is like working 24/7, you need a break and to spend time with adults to not go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am just having a hard time feeling sorry for this woman, mother or not. She was 33, she knew not to climb on the ledge.

I think she went on the cruise and got drunk as fuck and then stood on the rail drunk and died stupidly, tbh.

I don't think I read anything about a husband, but maybe 'travel companions' led you to believe she wasn't with him.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I don't think I read anything about a husband, but maybe 'travel companions' led you to believe she wasn't with him.
    Probably a girls' getaway which leads even more credence to just her getting trashed as fuck.
    This sounds like an accident to me, given the footage shows she fell backwards while sitting on the rail as opposed to jumping over or sitting facing the water.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3103492/fbi...l-cruise-ship/

Samantha Broberg was on the 10th deck of the Carnival ship, and she was sitting on a deck railing on the Carnival Liberty ship. She ended up falling backward off the railing and into the water
    She was with her friends, confirmed.
    She was on a four-day cruise with her friends that was headed to Mexico.

I NEVER said that parents aren't allowed to take vacations or have time away from their kids...not sure where you guys got that from my original post.

I said that she went on a cruise without them and ended up dead in suspicious circumstances...implying that maybe she went on the cruise with suicide intentions. Just looking at the situation and wondering since she did end up deceased (most likely).

I never implied that it was wrong to go on a vacation without the kids or that she was bad for doing that...I just was wondering if she set this up to avoid them being there when she did this. There are a lot of situations that I could envision happening that could end up with her going away and deciding to take her own life. Not sure why that means I am against parents having some me time.

I do think that if you are a parent you should think about your kids before you take stupid risks. Time and again on this board I have seen several of the parents on this board say similar things when someone dies after taking dumb risks, so I am not sure why me saying it is so alarming. It's just common sense. You now have someone relying on you, so you have to take some extra precautions with things. It's no different than buying life insurance after you have a kid, you are taking extra precautions. Of course, since everyone doesn't do that and just relies on GoFundMe, maybe that's a terrible example.
    Not sure if you were referring to my post, but if you were just wanted to let you know I was just letting debk know that she wasn't being judged for going out and having fun without her kids I do sort of get what you mean about people trying to say you are selfish because of the whole no kids thing. Keep in mind I went from no kids to having 2 stepsons. And I don't have kids of my own and people don't get that. Like, because I married someone who has kids, they assume I will start having my own, and they don't get it when I tell them I am not having kids of my own.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am thinking she wanted to sit down, saw the railing, hopped on it (backward) to sit on it, and ended up falling backward.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Probably a girls' getaway which leads even more credence to just her getting trashed as fuck.
    This sounds like an accident to me, given the footage shows she fell backwards while sitting on the rail as opposed to jumping over or sitting facing the water.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3103492/fbi...l-cruise-ship/

She was with her friends, confirmed.
    Oh, just saw this, ha. It reads just like I thought....she hopped up backward to sit on the railing. I've done that hundreds of times on railings, but never when I am super high up and could fall far if I lost my balance...

Has it been confirmed that she was drinking at all? Like, do they have footage of her drinking or acting inebriated?

I will never get thinking people are selfish for not having kids. What is selfish is having a bunch of grubby little brats when you can't take care of them or because why not?

Oh, just saw this, ha. It reads just like I thought....she hopped up backward to sit on the railing. I've done that hundreds of times on railings, but never when I am super high up and could fall far if I lost my balance...

Has it been confirmed that she was drinking at all? Like, do they have footage of her drinking or acting inebriated?
    The official word is they don't know but I'm sure they can eventually look at her tab.

I will never get thinking people are selfish for not having kids. What is selfish is having a bunch of grubby little brats when you can't take care of them or because why not?

Being judged for not having kids is a true deal. I've had it done to me all the time. It used to be, "Why don't you want kids?" And now that I'm at the age I'm at it's, "Why didn't you have kids?"

It's fucking annoying and none of their business. Yes, I've also been called selfish. It's seriously rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Being judged for not having kids is a true deal. I've had it done to me all the time. It used to be, "Why don't you want kids?" And now that I'm at the age I'm at it's, "Why didn't you have kids?"

It's fucking annoying and none of their business. Yes, I've also been called selfish. It's seriously rude.
    I can't believe people actually say that shit to other people, it's so rude.

Kind of O/T, me and my husband watched Everest last night. I just could not feel sorry for those people. I felt really bad about it afterwards. There's a part of the mountain called "death zone" or something like that. 1 out of 4 people that climb that mountain die. I can't compare the 2 cases, because this lady made a quick decision that cost her her life, which is sad, but the climbers consciously decided to go forward knowing the risks.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think that way of thinking is going to be a thing of the past. I've also noticed that sometimes people are defensive so they hear "do you guys plan to have kids" as "WHAT'S WRONG HAVE BABIES YOU BABY FACTORY FAILURE WOMAN". My mother in law was borderline terrified to ask me in case she insulted me.

I think that way of thinking is going to be a thing of the past. I've also noticed that sometimes people are defensive so they hear "do you guys plan to have kids" as "WHAT'S WRONG HAVE BABIES YOU BABY FACTORY FAILURE WOMAN". My mother in law was borderline terrified to ask me in case she insulted me.
    Recently, I've been into thinking about why people do the things they do from an evolutionary perspective and one thing that stuck out to me is that you are a failure if you don't make babies. If you're a big dumb animal... I think as humans, we've evolved beyond that basic meaning of life because we have some crazy ability to reason and understand shit more than just passing on genes.

Recently, I've been into thinking about why people do the things they do from an evolutionary perspective and one thing that stuck out to me is that you are a failure if you don't make babies. If you're a big dumb animal... I think as humans, we've evolved beyond that basic meaning of life because we have some crazy ability to reason and understand shit more than just passing on genes.
    Darwinian take on that would actually be the opposite, that if 'intellectualism' means cutting down the instinct to reproduce, which is the primary means of continuing existence, we're actually going the way of the dodo.

Darwinian take on that would actually be the opposite, that if 'intellectualism' means cutting down the instinct to reproduce, which is the primary means of continuing existence, we're actually going the way of the dodo.
    Do we have to look no further than our current election? The dumb are producing in record rates, the intellectuals are either planning small families or not producing at all and at the same time, our country in particular, is dumbing down the masses. They don't get education at home, they don't get it at school. Any "free thinkers" are given drugs to control those annoying "Outbursts".

And that's how you create a compliant society.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I won't argue that point. Thats where evolution hits a roadblock. I mean, I agree that you are an evolutionary failure if you don't have the kids. Does that matter? Are we in jeopardy of dying of as a species? We can create babies in a lab. We've evolved beyond fucking and plopping. We can perpetuate without it all. Now we can look at being a quality species without relying on nature.
    Last edited by animosity; 05-17-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Do we have to look no further than our current election? The dumb are producing in record rates, the intellectuals are either planning small families or not producing at all and at the same time, our country in particular, is dumbing down the masses. They don't get education at home, they don't get it at school. Any "free thinkers" are given drugs to control those annoying "Outbursts".

And that's how you create a compliant society.
    We have, and continue to make progress. Maybe you don't feel it in this country, but the Bernie movement is great and it puts us in step with other first world nations. As loud as those fucking shits are, we have a nation where we honestly don't have to be so concerned with civil rights (somewhere in the future) if we just keep pushing. I don't think this nation is in a downward spiral, and I live in its chode. Seriously. I think we are still progressing. It's not idiocracy, and even if it is, with the right molding of society, it can be quelled.

Also, I'm drunk and posting from a redneck bar.
    Last edited by animosity; 05-17-2016 at 10:05 PM.

New sig. Sorry Kevan, but I replaced your baby penises, Vienna Sausage quote. Too good to pass up.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Her boyfriend pushed her.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information