Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Carlie Simpson (9) amber alert- abducted from school by her uncle

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Here's some video of Carlie returning home to her family.
    http://www.wcyb.com/news/first-news-...ounty/39540048

Here's his mugshot.
    His mugshot- ewwww.
    Thank you for posting that link to the video bermie. How nice it was to see her playing with her little sister.

Is he in the anti suicidal outfit? Glad Carlie was found.

Creepy Uncle Gary doesn't understand the charges.

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/16/video-gar...ediate-family/

When asked if he understood the charges against him,*Simpson told the judge that he did not understand why he is being charged with kidnapping.

"I'm charged with something her dad's girlfriend does occasionally," said Simpson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Creepy Uncle Gary doesn't understand the charges.

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/16/video-gar...ediate-family/
    JFC the comments in that article idiots still believe he did this to protect the little girl.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

He may have honestly believed he did nothing wrong.... or feels like he had good reason.
    I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong mind you, I'm talking about his justification of it from his perspective.
    By now it seems to me that he didn't sexually abuse her, or hurt her.... he didn't try to extort any money... so it makes me wonder what his reasons for taking her were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    He may have honestly believed he did nothing wrong.... or feels like he had good reason.
    I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong mind you, I'm talking about his justification of it from his perspective.
    By now it seems to me that he didn't sexually abuse her, or hurt her.... he didn't try to extort any money... so it makes me wonder what his reasons for taking her were.
    What makes you think he didn't molest her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No charges yet.... they would certainly know by now.... Her demeanor, and this from the news article.... just makes me think there's a lot more...

Comments

Big Papa • 4 days ago

He took her to keep her safe from your drug infected brother.

Lauren 4 days ago

If that was the case he must not have been too concerned for Carlie's sister since he left her behind. Why be concerned for only one when both are supposedly in the same situation?

Dave
    And why would the wife not consider that a possibility. He surely would have mentioned something. Or could she just be pretending to play dumb possibly.. yet why only take her? And what was the long-term plan here? Live in a van down by the river and live off of acorns? It makes no sense. As much as I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, the most plausible scenario- based on what we know- is sexual abuse.

Unless she was the only one that needed protecting? Hard to say. We'll see what he is charged with.

PumpkinSpice
    I think there is a deep hidden secret that only the mother and "Uncle Gary" know about. I think the mother might have slept with the creep to support her drug habit and got a baby to boot. I think Uncle Gary is the biological father. They look a lot alike. Same bone structure, eye brows and chin.
    He didn't have custody or named as the father but it certainly would have been the motive to only taking one child. If he was concerned about the safety of Carlie, he certainly would have taken her sister as well.

I just think there is more to this than a sex creep.

Sorry to double post... I'm up and down at the comp.

Lots of the local people do not believe he wanted to harm her.
    The bathing suit and underwear are not a huge deal to me... I have bought shitloads for little girls over the years.... she didn't pack, so he picked up some stuff.

The comments from locals make it pretty clear that they believe mom and dad are drug addicts.

HYPOTHETICALLY: If her Dad was abusing her, he wouldn't necessarily abuse the little sister. This has happened before where only one kid is the target.
    If by some chance she is Gary's kid, (as was commented), then it make even more sense that she would be in danger when the other child wasn't.

I'm not trying to act like I know the story, but I have been around the block a few times.
    You have to admit, this is not a typical case... I'm interested to see it unfold, particularly since no dead kids are involved.

If it turns out he didn't do anything gross to her, that's wonderful. But if he were trying to protect her, why didn't he just say so in court? Instead, he gives the lame excuse that he just did the same thing the dad's gf does occasionally. So, dad's gf occasionally checks her out of school with a phony excuse, buys her a bikini and lipstick and takes her into the wilderness for nine days? I highly doubt it.

And if the article comments are to be believed, she ended up wearing the same clothes for nine days, so he should have bought her some clothes instead of lipstick and nail polish.

I'm not letting him off the hook yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

the fact that he lied to the school about an accident, told the school she wouldn't be back, bought specific items without the child with him, and then deliberatelyhid the child.. no I'm sorry, I read nothing protective about his actions.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    If it turns out he didn't do anything gross to her, that's wonderful. But if he were trying to protect her, why didn't he just say so in court? Instead, he gives the lame excuse that he just did the same thing the dad's gf does occasionally. So, dad's gf occasionally checks her out of school with a phony excuse, buys her a bikini and lipstick and takes her into the wilderness for nine days? I highly doubt it.

And if the article comments are to be believed, she ended up wearing the same clothes for nine days, so he should have bought her some clothes instead of lipstick and nail polish.

I'm not letting him off the hook yet.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    the fact that he lied to the school about an accident, told the school she wouldn't be back, bought specific items without the child with him, and then deliberatelyhid the child.. no I'm sorry, I read nothing protective about his actions.
    and this.

Carlie hugged the men who rescued her..
    To me- that sounds like a girl who is very thankful to be back home. I can't for any reason wrap my brain around ANY reason that explains why an older man takes a child from school (by lying) buys her a bathing suit, lipstick, and fingernail polish for an 8-day camping trip. IT's not like he told other family members this was a pre-planned event. He didn't take any other kids with him.
    It's very possible he didn't do anything sexual to her, but his actions were very f'ed up.
    ROGERSVILLE - Carlie Trent was all smiles when she said hello and thanked the four men who helped rescue her at her homecoming party Saturday afternoon in Rogersville.

She, alongside her sister, father and a few other family members, shook the hands of Roger Carpenter, Stewart Franklin, Donnie Lawson and Larry Hamblin.

Carlie gave them hugs and even brought one of the men to tears
    http://www.wbir.com/news/local/carli...hugs/193171513

Yeah, things you buy for kids when you take them camping:
    Sunscreen
    Water
    Food
    Toothbrush/Toothpase
    Sleeping bag
    Jacket

Things you buy when you're a kidnapping pedo:
    Lipstick
    Undies
    Nail polish
    Nightgowns

Not to mention he abused other children in the family.

Carlie hugged the men who rescued her..
    To me- that sounds like a girl who is very thankful to be back home. I can't for any reason wrap my brain around ANY reason that explains why an older man takes a child from school (by lying) buys her a bathing suit, lipstick, and fingernail polish for an 8-day camping trip. IT's not like he told other family members this was a pre-planned event. He didn't take any other kids with him.
    It's very possible he didn't do anything sexual to her, but his actions were very f'ed up.
    http://www.wbir.com/news/local/carli...hugs/193171513

The guy with the sunglasses on totally looks like an uncle of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by DrMichaelBaden View Post
    And that pretty much confirms whats been feared.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2636112
    I am SO happy she was found, but this is still pretty heartbreaking. Poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Not to mention he abused other children in the family.
    Yeah THIS, which was why the family freaked out in the first place.

His new court date is Aug 22. He has to get a mental exam.
    http://www.wcyb.com/news/court-date-...mpson/40692974

Still mixed family reactions. Some support him and think he just had some huge mental brain fart.
    http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gary-...ring/210369523

This is from Oct, but Uncle Gary explains why he took her
    Still doesn't make any sense.

During the hearing, a TBI agent took the stand reading a statement from Simpson: "My plan was to take her to a friend of mine's house next to Roanoke, Virginia. I met him in the Marine Corps a long time ago. I was going to ask his wife to home school Carlie and I was going to find a job."
    http://www.local8now.com/content/new...397647331.html

A little more details

Wiley read that Simpson’s initial plan was to take Carlie to a friend’s home near Roanoke, Virginia. He said he felt Carlie’s father, James Trent, was not treating her well and cared more for her younger sister. Simpson said he and Carlie went on 10 to 12 hikes while they were hiding and during those days, he had two cell phones, but smashed one with a rock and lost another while hiking.

The defense did not call any witnesses. The judge bound the case over to the grand jury on probable cause.

The defense did, however, ask for a reduction of Simpson’s $1 million bond, which required him to take the stand. Simpson said if his bond was reduced, he would live with his father on their property in the Goshen Valley area of Hawkins County. Simpson then explained why he needed his bond reduced.

“My dad is completely blind and my son has been in intensive care for three weeks with all his food going into his lungs instead of his stomach. And he’s confined to a wheelchair and needs my help to take care of him.”

When his attorney asked if he wants to take care of his son, Simpson said yes.

“My son is my life,” he added.

Previous story: Gary Simpson’s preliminary hearing delayed for mental evaluation

If the bond was reduced, Simpson would be required to wear a GPS device, and Carlie’s family would have a receiver that would notify them if Simpson was close. Simpson said he could not afford the $300 to $400 monthly fee associated with the GPS device. The judge denied the motion to reduce his bond.

Simpson was ordered to undergo a mental evaluation at a hearing earlier this year to determine whether he understood his actions. The results have come back, but will not be released due to privacy laws.
    http://wate.com/2016/10/19/hawkins-c...to-grand-jury/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-30-2016 at 04:24 AM.

This is from Oct, but Uncle Gary explains why he took her
    Still doesn't make any sense.

http://www.local8now.com/content/new...397647331.html

A little more details

http://wate.com/2016/10/19/hawkins-c...to-grand-jury/
    If his son is his life, and his dad needs him so bad, why'd he leave them all for Carlie? What a knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Uncle Gary was charged with rape and a whole list of other charges.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/c...rape/95020778/

I was surprised that he wasn't charged with any sex crimes when the child was first found. Guess it was only a matter of time and building an abundance of proof.

Just bumping to update

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...ece/100575234/

Carlie Trent's uncle gets 25 years for kidnapping, sexual battery of niece

Updated 6:18 a.m. GMT+10 Apr. 19, 2017

Editor's note: The News Sentinel does not normally identify victims of sexual assault, but Carlie Trent's identity was widely publicized through an Amber Alert before the nature of the crimes against her were known.

A Hawkins County judge sentenced Gary Simpson to 25 years in prison on Monday after he pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sexually assaulting his niece, then-9-year-old Carlie Trent, last May.

According to Circuit Court Clerk Randall Collier, Simpson entered an Alford plea — a guilty plea that doesn't admit wrongdoing but concedes the prosecution has enough evidence to prove the charges — for aggravated kidnapping and aggravated sexual battery.

On May 4, then-57-year-old Simpson picked up Carlie from her Rogersville, Tenn., school after he falsely claimed Carlie's father had been in an accident.

Simpson once had custody of Carlie and was authorized to pick her up from school, but a court had since returned custody to her biological father. The school was never notified of the change in custody.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert for Middle and East Tennessee the next day, and on May 6, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation released video of Simpson shopping at the Walmart in Rogersville. Simpson purchased items such as girl's underwear, a bikini, a child-sized nightgown, a folding chair, nail polish and lipstick, authorities said.

After Simpson picked Carlie up, the two went to the Rogersville Save-A-Lot grocery store and purchased nonperishable items such as canned goods and toilet paper.

For eight days, law enforcement agencies scoured campgrounds across several Southeastern states. TBI spokesman Josh DeVine believed Carlie to be in "imminent danger" and said "there's every indication that (Simpson) intended to go out of sight."

On May 12, two Hawkins County residents, Donnie Lawson and Stewart Franklin, were checking property owned by one of them when they found Simpson and Carlie deep in the woods off Debord Road, the Kingsport Times-News reported.

One man held Simpson at gunpoint while the other called E-911 and rescued Carlie.

Thread Information