Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Death #388 Chris Tackett

Death #388 Chris Tackett

http://www.mydeathspace.com/deaths.a...d-e8ddb08628f1

I went to school with this guy.  He was murdered.

Re: Death #388 Chris Tackett

Ooooh interesting...tell me the story  :-)
    <br />The Angel within

He was at a party and his friend got mad at him and they were arguing and he was pushed off the balcony.&nbsp; I've been to this apartment building, so I know that you can't just fall.&nbsp; The railing is up to my chest, so this guy was probably thrown.&nbsp; I don't know the details, just rumors from some of his friends.&nbsp; He pulled a knife of one of my friends.&nbsp;
    http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....70323/0/NEWS01

That's the link to the latest article from yesterday's paper about it.&nbsp; I don't want to spread rumors, so just read that.&nbsp; I feel bad for his girlfriend and friends who were there at the party.&nbsp; It's got to be tough.

It says I need a login to see it...Sigh...so much work...I bet it is hard for you to see people going through that...
    <br />The Angel within

Not really... The majority of my friends make fun of the whole thing.&nbsp; They said he was a vampire.&nbsp; So they joke about why he didn't turn into a bat when he was thrown or why he didn't survive if he was immortal.&nbsp; Most of my friends who liked him don't talk about it around me.

So, did you like him?
    <br />The Angel within

I never met him, just saw him at bars.&nbsp; Like a week before he died, he started a fight, pulled a knife on my friend and the guy who broke it up turned out to be the guy who killed him.&nbsp; There's a lot of strange circumstances surrounding the death, and the cops aren't talking.&nbsp; All I know is what people are saying, and that's not always accurate, although it seems like it might be in this case.&nbsp; Here, I'll post what the article says since you don't want to sign up (I don't blame you, it sucks)

Last Updated:July 27. 2006 12:00AM
    Published: July 27. 2006 3:30AM

FLORENCE -- Lauderdale County grand jurors have returned a murder indictment in the death of a man who fell from a 12th-floor balcony of Courtview Towers.

Tracy Scott Lyndon, 36, Florence, was indicted on a single count of murder.

He has turned himself in to authorities and was released shortly afterward on $50,000 bond.

Lyndon is accused of causing the death of 26-year-old Bryan Christopher Tackett, a Biloxi, Miss., resident who had been attending the University of North Alabama.

Tackett was found lying on the grass outside Courtview Towers on Pine Street about 2:15 a.m. on March 30, authorities said.

Police in March said Tackett had been partying with friends and left them momentarily. When they went to check on him, Tackett's body was spotted from the 12th-floor apartment.

An autopsy revealed that Tackett died from significant internal injuries that he sustained from the fall.

The individuals at the residence were all interviewed by Florence police investigators, District Attorney Chris Connolly said Wednesday.

&quot;(Lyndon) was interviewed by (investigator) Susanna Taylor shortly after the incident and there were also witnesses who were in the apartment at the time of the incident,&quot; Connolly said.

Connolly would not discuss details about what led to Tackett's death.

He said the grand jury indictment states that Lyndon &quot;did intentionally cause the death of Bryan Christopher Tackett by causing him to fall from the balcony of a high-rise building.&quot;

Connolly would not discuss specifically how that occurred.

Florence attorney Billy Jackson said he has been retained to represent Lyndon in the early phases of his case.

&quot;Right now, Scott Lyndon is going to maintain his innocence,&quot; Jackson said.

Like Connolly, Jackson did not want to discuss the specifics of the case.

&quot;There are a lot of different things that are going to come out,&quot; Jackson said.

Paul Ferguson, who knew both Tackett and Lyndon, said the news was surprising but not unexpected.

&quot;We were all friends for the longest time, so it was strange when this all happened,&quot; Ferguson said.

He said Tackett had lived with he and his wife, Tara, for a time in Arizona.

They were also friends when Ferguson lived in Florence.

What he learned about the night Tackett died, Ferguson said, was that there were several people at the apartment when Lyndon arrived.

&quot;Scott came over and started yelling at all of them,&quot; Ferguson said.

He said Tackett and Lyndon went onto the balcony to talk. Ferguson said Tackett could usually calm Lyndon down.

&quot;The next thing Scott runs inside, grabs his jacket and leaves,&quot; Ferguson said.

The others then found Tackett's body on the ground below.

&quot;The only thing I can think of now, they're finally progressing with the justice system and something will happen,&quot; Ferguson said. &quot;It doesn't bring Chris back, though.&quot;

Thank you for that LAAAAAMA! Interesting story...I figure that guy finally made someone snap. Sounds like he was not a very good guy anyway.
    <br />The Angel within

This whole situation sucks.

He claimed to be a Vampire? Those people freak me out....

There was this kid at my school, and he said his whole purpose of being there [he was a transfer], was that there was 7 Vampires in our school and he was sent to slay them.

LOL. Thankfully, no one was slayed. I saw him the other day, and he has a kid.&nbsp; :-o

[quote author=Jess link=topic=423.msg13230#msg13230 date=1154100814]

There was this kid at my school, and he said his whole purpose of being there [he was a transfer], was that there was 7 Vampires in our school and he was sent to slay them.

LOL. Thankfully, no one was slayed. I saw him the other day, and he has a kid.Â* :-o
    [/quote]

LMAO! He was sent to slay vampires.

Yeah from all the testimonials I read, doesn't sound like he was really a stand up guy.&nbsp; I wonder if perhaps an altercation occured and the guys was kind of pushed as a self defense?&nbsp; Although I don't know, if the railing is so high.&nbsp; Maybe he just made the guy snap.&nbsp; Either way, the guy didn't deserve to be murdered...&nbsp; But sometimes people can only take so much.

[quote author=Helle link=topic=423.msg13309#msg13309 date=1154108412]
    Yeah from all the testimonials I read, doesn't sound like he was really a stand up guy.&nbsp; I wonder if perhaps an altercation occured and the guys was kind of pushed as a self defense?&nbsp; Although I don't know, if the railing is so high.&nbsp; Maybe he just made the guy snap.&nbsp; Either way, the guy didn't deserve to be murdered...&nbsp; But sometimes people can only take so much.
    [/quote]

i would always kill to be able to see a video of these situations going down. i'm so morbidly curious to see exactly what happened.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

There's a blog about it written by Chris' girlfriend... I'll see if I can go find it again.&nbsp; It's not as good as a video, but it's a little glimpse into the situation.

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=423.msg13426#msg13426 date=1154112559]
    i would always kill to be able to see a video of these situations going down. i'm so morbidly curious to see exactly what happened.
    [/quote]

I know right?&nbsp; I'm such a voyeur to see how things could escalate so bad.&nbsp; At least there's Law And Order, haha.&nbsp;

I looked at his Pictures nights ago and noticed his teeth right away.. He should have used them I guess..
    I need to go find the girlfriends log.

[quote author=Jess link=topic=423.msg13230#msg13230 date=1154100814]

LOL. Thankfully, no one was slayed. I saw him the other day, and he has a kid.Â* :-o
    [/quote]

Did you guys think Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a fictional character?&nbsp; HELL NO, her character was based on this freaks real life accounts!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

eak.............. toooo much.

[quote author=Helle link=topic=423.msg13694#msg13694 date=1154140540]
    [quote author=saidgrace link=topic=423.msg13426#msg13426 date=1154112559]
    [/quote]

I know right?Â* I'm such a voyeur to see how things could escalate so bad.Â* At least there's Law And Order, haha.Â*
    [/quote]

I love SVU! Anyway, I like to hear what the people involved or around them think of what happened. Thanks for the link, Llama. It's sad that happened.. I wonder what could've made him do that.

I heard this weekend that they used to be lovers and he was jealous.&nbsp; I've heard that on more than one ocassion, so it might be true.&nbsp; Both of them had tempers.&nbsp; The murderer used to drive through parks at night and fire his gun randomly.&nbsp; His friend told me this weekend &quot;We knew it was going to happen, we just didn't know who it was going to be.&quot;

Wow. That's crazy. So, did they try to do anything to prevent that? What was your reaction to them knowing it would happen at some time or another?

He was the kind of guy who just showed up randomly.&nbsp; He started getting scary and if anyone said something negative, he's get nuts so they just sort of let it go.&nbsp; They would try to hang out in different places to try to avoid him, but he'd somehow just show up.&nbsp; I think it just took Chris' strong, abrasive attitude to set Scott (the murderer) off.

That is just scary.. it really freaks me out. I just... I just can't imagine.&nbsp; :|

So your telling me no one saw this happen? I find it hard to believe that no one saw one man pickin up another and tossing him over a balcany....
    No Man Is Worth YOur Tears &amp; The One Who Is, Will Never Make You Cry

did anyone noticed chris' profile name is Dead Angel? that just gave me the willies.

Thread Information