Thread: Ambrose Monye (28) was found dead in Lake Michigan

Ambrose Monye (28) was found dead in Lake Michigan

Such a handsome young man. I hope he's just taking some "me time" and is found.

CHICAGO -- Authorities are searching for a Chicago medical student who disappeared last week, reports CBS Chicago.

Ambrose Monye, 28, was last seen on April 21, walking towards the University of Chicago's John Crerar Library. Monye is a fourth-year medical student at University of Guadalajara, and in Chicago on a two-year rotation at Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center.

He is just four weeks shy of graduation, according to his younger brother, Joseph.

On Thursday, his family posted flyers in the area, hoping for leads. Joseph Monye told CBS Chicago that all the lights were on at Monye's apartment when police arrived to search it, and the refrigerator was full of groceries.

"I can't even wrap my mind around what possibly could have gone wrong," said Joseph Monye, who also is a medical student, says. "It's as if he literally disappeared into thin air."

The brothers are from just outside Baltimore, and come from a family of doctors. Joseph Monye said the brothers' lives revolved around studying.

"That's literally all we do, because we don't want to encounter any kind of problems, so we just keep to ourselves. We focus on our studies, and mind our business, and it's odd enough this happened," he said.

There has been no activity on his brother's phone and credit cards for a week, Joseph Monye said.

"I do worry that something happened to him, to be honest with you. That's my worst fear and my worst nightmare," he said. "It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't add up. So it only leads you to wonder what could have happened."

Anyone with information about his whereabouts should call Area Central Special Victims Unit detectives at (312) 747-8380.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ambrose-...of-graduation/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...429-story.html

Ambrose Monye purchased his cap and gown and told his family he wanted to be a cardiologist.

But the 28-year-old medical student, weeks away from his graduation, vanished without a trace more than a week ago, and Chicago police say they have no leads in the case.

Monye was last seen around 7 p.m. on April 22, walking toward the University of Chicago's John Crerar Medical Library, where he'd often go to study, according to investigators.

Monye attends Guadalajara University in Mexico but was in Chicago completing his clinical rotations at Jackson Park Hospital before his graduation on June 1.

No one has seen or heard from Monye since then -- and the family told FoxNews.com Wednesday there has been no activity on his cellphone, credit cards or email since he disappeared.

Monye's younger brother, Joseph, also a medical student, described his brother as soft-spoken and friendly and said he was "always in communication" with his three siblings and parents, who live in Glenn Dale, Md.

"We’re a pretty tight-knit family," said 25-year-old Joseph, also a medical student at Guadalajara University, who, like his brother, is studying in Chicago.

"My mom doesn’t go for two days without talking to us," he said.

Joseph Monye said he entered his brother's locked studio apartment at around 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 24, after he didn't respond to a text message sent the previous night. There, the younger Monye said he found a reading lamp, air conditioning unit and standing fan turned on. Fresh groceries were stocked in the refridgerator and Monye's laptop was sitting in its usual spot, according to his brother. The only items missing were the man's wallet and cellphone.

Joseph Monye noted his brother was preparing to take the second part of his U.S. medical licensing exam, but said Ambrose -- who was planning to apply for a cardiology residency -- was well accustomed to high pressure.

"There was nothing I could think of that would bother him to the extent that he would leave," Monye said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/04...ce-family.html

Looks like the family hired a PI
    https://www.gofundme.com/2a2ufrkg

https://www.facebook.com/Find-Ambros...8732351529832/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/275309356139829/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-05-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Joseph Monye noted his brother was preparing to take the second part of his U.S. medical licensing exam, but said Ambrose -- who was planning to apply for a cardiology residency -- was well accustomed to high pressure.

Sometimes high achieving individuals such as Ambrose may seem to be handling all the pressure they are under very well; however, no one really understands what is going on within someone. There have been many stories of persons like Ambrose who seem to have it all and have collapsed due to all the pressure they are under. I hope he is found safe and only went away to gather his senses, but given he has been missing for so long it isn't looking good.

How sad.

Another lake/water one....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    That fucking sucks. Rest in Peace, Ambrose.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What a shame. He had so much promise. I hope it wasn't intentional, for his family's sake. Just like Bewitching said, it's the high achievers that hide their pain and the amount of pressure they're under well. I know it's difficult when you're in this kind of program to take a break, but I wish more would consider that if they ever get to this point.

RIP Ambrose
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

But won't the pressure be gone? I mean, he was graduating in 2 weeks. So I would assume the school pressure would be off.

Maybe it was the pressure of real life? Or the future? I would think being in school for a doctor would be way different than actually being a doctor. Probably scary af.

So very sad.

True, but there are still finals he has to take. Plus their residency is a huge stressor and something right around the corner after graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    True, but there are still finals he has to take. Plus their residency is a huge stressor and something right around the corner after graduation.
    Yep. And by the time he disappeared he should already have heard about his residency (that's in March, I think) maybe he didn't get an offer, or didn't get the offer he wanted.

Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information