Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Amber Marie Carroll (26) overdosed on heroin after she got out of rehab

I really don't know who posted that Amber died of an overdose. It was wrong. The toxicology report had no illegal drugs in her system. In fact, the investigation is still ongoing. They haven't told her family the cause of death, only that it wasn't an overdose. Amber's mother is my husband's cousin, & this is more than enough information to disclose at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    I'm currently dealing with my ex who at 50 started smoking crack several months ago. He ended up having dealers, pimps and hoes stay in his house. They were selling out of his house, he has lost almost everything he owns and owes money to these dealers.

Over the last month, I picked him up from the street and pretty much forced him into detox, had to get his truck back from some prostitute, drew up a power of attorney so he has no access to anything and had to lock down his house (which he rents and is behind in the rent). On the 3 occasions I went to his house, he lives in a really rough part of Memphis, I had 2 armed men with me and the neighbor sitting on his porch with an assault rifle.

While there, I had 3 thugs coming up to me demanding money. Words were exchanged back and forth andI told them that I didn't owe them shit and if they ever saw my ex again they can take it up with him. Under threat of calling the police, they finally left. I'm leaving out many things that have happened, because some of it is so unbelievable I don't even believe it myself.

At the moment he is out of detox and living in a sober living house, clean for 3 weeks while doing 6 weeks of out patient therapy. The worst part is he thinks that crack is going to be easy to kick. From everything that I have read/heard, crack is very hard to stay away from.

He has been on and off drugs most of his life and for my sons sake, I hope he can stay clean but I don't have faith.

For all of you guys fighting to stay clean, keep up the good work and take it a day at a time.
    Please be careful with that sober living situation. I've seen some folks get worse during them and relapse quickly while in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Please be careful with that sober living situation. I've seen some folks get worse during them and relapse quickly while in there.
    Yes. This.
    There is a special type of asshole who preys on those who go to sober living houses.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Also, it takes more than just 3 days to get sober. If that were true, people wouldn't relapse within a week. You have to detox, get a clear mind and then do the work to get sober. Just not drinking is just that - not drinking. That doesn't make a person sober.....that just makes them a dry drunk.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Pinnix Flynn View Post
    It would be great if you had the facts. The toxicology report came back with no illegal drugs in her system. The cause of death has no been said, as it is still under investigation. It was not an overdose.
    I really don't know who posted that Amber died of an overdose. It was wrong. The toxicology report had no illegal drugs in her system. In fact, the investigation is still ongoing. They haven't told her family the cause of death, only that it wasn't an overdose. Amber's mother is my husband's cousin, & this is more than enough information to disclose at this time.
    I just approved these two posts and am quoting them so people can see. I am confused though - I thought drugs/tox tests took the longest to come back. So how do they know already it wasn't an OD? I would think things like stroke, heart related death etc would show up straight away in the autopsy.

It was posted that she overdosed because basically every single comment on FB talks about it. Someone specifically posted that she od'ed after leaving rehab.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Usually it does take a long time to get the results back. I just checked again and there are numerous comments/posts on FB about an OD.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    6 to 8 weeks is standard on Toxicology. Even Rockstars and Celebrities have to wait. Not trying to be disrespectful, but I can't see how Amber's toxicology was completed in a week.

It remains to be seen and OD may be wrong for all I know, but if the motivation behind claiming she didn't OD is because of shame or denial, that doesn't help anyone either. Addiction is a disease just like any other disease. If she did die from an overdose, she died from a disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    6 to 8 weeks is standard on Toxicology. Even Rockstars and Celebrities have to wait. Not trying to be disrespectful, but I can't see how Amber's toxicology was completed in a week.

It remains to be seen and OD may be wrong for all I know, but if the motivation behind claiming she didn't OD is because of shame or denial, that doesn't help anyone either. Addiction is a disease just like any other disease. If she did die from an overdose, she died from a disease.
    My information came from her mother. She found her. There are a lot of things about Amber's death that is not posted on Facebook. This is an ongoing investigation. Amber was battling an addiction, so many assume it was an addiction. I saw the same reply to a comment. They really don't know.
    The cause of death has not been told. The only people who know that at this time are the detectives & the last person to see her alive.

I just noticed that last post..I also recognized those as song lyrics from a Kid Rock song

My bad, just saw her page and how she posted that song. Hadn't looked at her page until now. Blonde moment, so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Yes. This.
    There is a special type of asshole who preys on those who go to sober living houses.
    Thank you both for that information. Unfortunately he can't go back to his house ever again, he has a target on his back and lives in a drug haven. I won't take him in as I don't want my kids involved or them seeing their father right now. It's his only option and thankfully this house is actually in a nicer part of Memphis. I hope and pray he does not relapse but I expect he will.

My information came from her mother. She found her. There are a lot of things about Amber's death that is not posted on Facebook. This is an ongoing investigation. Amber was battling an addiction, so many assume it was an addiction. I saw the same reply to a comment. They really don't know.
    The cause of death has not been told. The only people who know that at this time are the detectives & the last person to see her alive.
    Feel free to update us when you know the confirmed cause of death and I will amend the article.

Thank you both for that information. Unfortunately he can't go back to his house ever again, he has a target on his back and lives in a drug haven. I won't take him in as I don't want my kids involved or them seeing their father right now. It's his only option and thankfully this house is actually in a nicer part of Memphis. I hope and pray he does not relapse but I expect he will.
    It's good to be realistic. Hopefully he doesn't relapse. If he really wants to be sober, he'll stay sober. Good luck to you guys. It's tough.

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully they can figure it all out. What has been disclosed already? If she didn't have drugs in her system, was there some sort of undiagnosed illness? How did the mother find her?

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Nic B if you don't mind answering how much was your sister drinking?
    I honestly have no idea, as I wasn't living with her at the time. But it seems like based on what her roommate told me, it was constant....not just at night, but during the day. Shot after shot after shot. I guess she had a dentist appointment and she showed up drunk...the dentist ended up calling my dad and telling him she reeked of booze when she was there. I went through her room after her seizures and found lots of empty bottles. She was drinking by herself in her room, too.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I honestly have no idea, as I wasn't living with her at the time. But it seems like based on what her roommate told me, it was constant....not just at night, but during the day. Shot after shot after shot. I guess she had a dentist appointment and she showed up drunk...the dentist ended up calling my dad and telling him she reeked of booze when she was there. I went through her room after her seizures and found lots of empty bottles. She was drinking by herself in her room, too.
    I cannot rep you right now but I would if I could.

The last time my brother was in the hospital was because of seizures. He had two at work. The first made him drop tools and brought a co-worker running. The second was immediately after but luckily his co-worker was an EMT/firefighter and knew what to do. After transport to the ER, my brother seemed okay. Until we were in the hall waiting for the MRI. He went into seizures there and they moved him to the neurological ICU. Later in the day he told us he had "only had a couple" a few days earlier. They explained to him, and to me, that the seizures usually do occur a couple of days later.

Unfortunately he still chooses to drink. It scares me to death but not him.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I cannot rep you right now but I would if I could.

The last time my brother was in the hospital was because of seizures. He had two at work. The first made him drop tools and brought a co-worker running. The second was immediately after but luckily his co-worker was an EMT/firefighter and knew what to do. After transport to the ER, my brother seemed okay. Until we were in the hall waiting for the MRI. He went into seizures there and they moved him to the neurological ICU. Later in the day he told us he had "only had a couple" a few days earlier. They explained to him, and to me, that the seizures usually do occur a couple of days later.

Unfortunately he still chooses to drink. It scares me to death but not him.
    I was able to so just did.

I am very sorry to hear about not only Nic's sister, but also your brother. It is such a terrible disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I just approved these two posts and am quoting them so people can see. I am confused though - I thought drugs/tox tests took the longest to come back. So how do they know already it wasn't an OD? I would think things like stroke, heart related death etc would show up straight away in the autopsy.

It was posted that she overdosed because basically every single comment on FB talks about it. Someone specifically posted that she od'ed after leaving rehab.
    The tox report would not be back yet. In most heroin OD's the person still has the needle in their arm when they are found. Maybe since she didn't have a needle in her arm the family doesn't think it's an OD?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The tox report would not be back yet. In most heroin OD's the person still has the needle in their arm when they are found. Maybe since she didn't have a needle in her arm the family doesn't think it's an OD?
    Or they are in shock, denial or ashamed.

Thank you all for the positive comments and rep's. It has helped me to talk about it here as everyone around me wants me to say fuck him, but I can't. He is the father of my children and if there is a chance to save him, I'm going to help do it.

Hugs to you all.

Thank you all for the positive comments and rep's. It has helped me to talk about it here as everyone around me wants me to say fuck him, but I can't. He is the father of my children and if there is a chance to save him, I'm going to help do it.

Hugs to you all.
    just promise that when you feel trying to save him becomes detrimental to your child or yourself, you will step away. One thing I have learned is that trying to help someone you care about, or once cared about, is noble and right but unless they are leading the charge actively and helping themselves there will be no progress. Know when to change your focus. It will be painful to do but sometimes allowing them to cling to you only causes everyone to drown. Focus on your children, they will show the most damage from all of this. Childhood should be as happy as we parents can try to make it.

just promise that when you feel trying to save him becomes detrimental to your child or yourself, you will step away. One thing I have learned is that trying to help someone you care about, or once cared about, is noble and right but unless they are leading the charge actively and helping themselves there will be no progress. Know when to change your focus. It will be painful to do but sometimes allowing them to cling to you only causes everyone to drown. Focus on your children, they will show the most damage from all of this. Childhood should be as happy as we parents can try to make it.
    That's awesome advice Marshmallow and that's a promise I can definitely make. I can't let it affect me anymore than it already has. I focus on my kids and trying to make sure they are dealing with the situation ok. I'm helping my ex but also keeping a safe distance.

Thanks for your wise words.

It would be great if you had the facts. The toxicology report came back with no illegal drugs in her system. The cause of death has no been said, as it is still under investigation. It was not an overdose.
    Would be nice if you had added a link to your facts.(toxicology report)

To everyone else in this thread..y'all are very strong to have not only kicked the habit but to have stayed clean. Kudos to all of you!!
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

Thread Information